Print thread view
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author The Dark Knight Rises News
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 19-01-2011 14:46
Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in the next Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises, in which Christian Bale will reprise the superhero role in the third installment of director Christopher Nolan's series.

Nolan in a statement from Warner Brothers: "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story."

Nolan also announced that actor Tom Hardy (whom he directed in Inception) will play villain Bane. "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies."

The Dark Knight Rises will start filming around March of this year with a July 20, 2012 premiere date. Stay tuned for more news coming soon!

So what do y'all think?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Author RE: The Dark Knight Rises News
Detective

Posted on 19-01-2011 15:09
Definitely could be worse! I'm actually pretty excited, especially for Bane; I think this interpretation will be something great. I imagine he'll be quite a clever fellow; brains and brawn, and I think Hardy could pull that off greatly.

As for Hathaway, she wouldn't be my first choice, but I definitely don't mind her being cast. I can't wait to see what kind of design Nolan will have for his Catwoman. Or will there be just Selina? Ha, just a thought.
Chris

Webmaster

Posted on 19-01-2011 15:27
I gotta say, I'm not sure. Have to wait and see. Hathaway is a good actress, but does she have the look? I know that might be petty, but in a iconic role like Catwoman, you gotta have someone who can have the look. So, who knows.

Bane.. like the Joker I can see him not following the comics. Maybe he's hired by the mobsters, maybe he's part of the League of Shadows, time will tell...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 19-01-2011 16:00
I think Hathaway will be good as Catwoman. Gotta remember the mantra. "Trust Nolan." She's a good actress and with the right teams I'm sure she could kick as. And I think she has the looks for the role. To be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing her butt in whatever skin tight outfit they get her in embarrassed

I'm pretty sure Bane will be just like Ra's and Joker were. Intensly loyal depictions of the characters, but with the science fiction elements toned down. I'm sure Bane will be huge (just look at the muscle Hardy put on for the movie Bronson) but they may tone down the Venom element to be more like real life steriods, or even just remove it completely.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 19-01-2011 16:02
Detective

Posted on 20-01-2011 18:49
In my opinion, she did rather well as an action hero in Get Smart, so I have confidence in her ability to play a role like Catwoman.
The Red-Blue Blur

Posted on 20-01-2011 21:25
Surprisingly, Bane's the main villain :) At one time, the majority said my idea of Bane being put in a Nolanverse was absurd. No longer! :-D

"Bane: a realistic mob boss from Europe with an adrenalin venom, would wear mask on fights with police and the Batman, and some dealings with Maroni's or Thorne's mobs" That was my original idea for Bane and I'm still hoping that's how he'll be portrayed. That or he is hired or works for the police to hunt Batman. He could've worked with the police on cases as a private detective or something like a free lancer with his type of knowledge. For those of you who don't know, Bane's actually a genius. And if not either of those, maybe the remaining members of the League of Shadows could hire him to take down Batman which brings Talia into a possible role.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 21-01-2011 15:31
I think the appeal of Bane as a villain is that he isn't a mob boss. The whole point of TDK was that Joker basically destroyed the mob, making room for more 'freaks' to show up in Gotham. Bane is about as big of a "freak" as they come without being a human/animal and/or plant hybrid. I can see Bane taking over the underworld, but he's not going to be wearing a pin-striped suit and sitting behind a desk (at least I hope not.)

How about something along the lines of Over The Edge? After months of Gordon "screwing up" trying to catch Batman, the mayor or a cop in Gordon's unit (Bullock anyone?) makes a deal under the table with Bane to try and have him catch Batman? Of course in the end Bane goes out of control and whoever hired him has to realize Batman is truly a hero.

Or maybe they should go with a cross between The Man Who Broke the Bat and Hush? Bane comes to Gotham and takes over the remainder of Gotham's underworld, filling the void left by the death of Maroni. He breaks some of the 'freaks' out of Arkham and takes a few of them on a lieutenants to take on Batman. Batman, being overwhelmed by the shear amount of enemies, has to work theif/vigilanty Catwoman to take Bane down.

R.I.P. Heath
Detective

Posted on 21-01-2011 16:23
What I've always liked about Bane as a villain, along with guys like Croc, is their brute strength and size, someone who really gives Batman a challenge physically. Seems like a lot of Batman's rogues don't pose much of threat in that department, so I think the encounters between Batman and Bane will be quite interesting and entertaining to watch. So I would like to see at least a little bit of a "Sci-Fi" element with Bane.

Also, I just think Catwoman and Bane is such a great combination of villains. Maybe just cause they're some of my favorites. The more I think about this film the more excited I get!
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 21-01-2011 17:02
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this so far, but what does everyone think Bane's inclusion does for the possibility of Hugo Strange being in this one? If I recall correctly, Strange is the one who first uses Bane as a test subject for Venom. Could this mean Strange could have a role as a supporting villain?

EDIT: maybe I've got my information wrong on that one, but I could have sworn there was a connection between Hugo Strange and Venom in the comics. Even if there isn't, maybe they could do such a thing in the movie?

EDIT 2: Yeah, pretty sure I was thinking of Bat-Bane mixing Hugo Strange's Monster Men serium with Venom to get his strength. Still would be interesting if they had Strange as the inventor of Venom, though.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 21-01-2011 17:35
The Red-Blue Blur

Posted on 21-01-2011 19:35
Hmm... I agree, I've always loved the idea of the police secretly hiring Bane to do the job. I originally got the idea from watching that one Batman TNAS episode where Batgirl dies in a nightmare... I think it's called Nothing To Fear?

[Alfred Pennyworth]

Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 21-01-2011 19:52
The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
Hmm... I agree, I've always loved the idea of the police secretly hiring Bane to do the job. I originally got the idea from watching that one Batman TNAS episode where Batgirl dies in a nightmare... I think it's called Nothing To Fear?

Over The Edge. That one is actually one of my favorite episodes in all the DCAU series. Which is probably part of why I love Bane so much. lol

Kind of off topic: I was just reading February's issue of Access magazine (DirecTvs TV guide), they had a whole article about who they believe should win the Academy Awards this year. Guess what? They picked Anne Hathaway for best actress and Christian Bale for best supporting actor. I thought that was funny considering the casting announcements hadn't been made when they wrote this article. lol

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 21-01-2011 21:54
The Red-Blue Blur

Posted on 22-01-2011 16:46
Haha! Same here.

Interesting read!

[Alfred Pennyworth]

matt the bat webb

Posted on 23-01-2011 18:44
im very excited about this news and cant wait to see how nolan pulls this off especially because he hasnt gone wrong yet.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
Phil

Posted on 29-01-2011 16:42
oh what? strange was the doctor who tested venom on patients? he looked like strange, but i didn't know it was him. (i've been recently going through some old 90's bane/batman comics). but that would be really cool if hugo was in!

with both hugo strange AND bane, batman's gonna have a really hard time for sure. AND catwoman?? this sounds like game over to me. robin, quick! help batman before he gets smothered by all these people obsessed with taking down the batman!!

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 29-01-2011 22:17
Phil wrote:
oh what? strange was the doctor who tested venom on patients? he looked like strange, but i didn't know it was him. (i've been recently going through some old 90's bane/batman comics). but that would be really cool if hugo was in!

with both hugo strange AND bane, batman's gonna have a really hard time for sure. AND catwoman?? this sounds like game over to me. robin, quick! help batman before he gets smothered by all these people obsessed with taking down the batman!!

IDK, I think I read about Hugo being involved with Venom on Wikipedia or something. But I can't find any substancial proof, so I think it was misinformation. That said, they could easily substitute Venom for the Monster Man serium that Strange did make in the comics.

As for to many villains, I don't know but I'm getting the vibe that Catwoman will be more of an ally than and enemy. Kind of like in Hush.

R.I.P. Heath
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 01-02-2011 17:13
A little news about TDKR from Superhero Hype.

At the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, Christopher Nolan briefly discussed the upcoming Batman movie. When asked about how he came up with the title, he joked, "I banged my head against the wall."

The audience laughed and then Nolan went on to say, "We've worked on it a long time - David Goyer and myself. We're about 12 weeks away from shooting. We start in May."

When asked why he decided to do a third one, he simply said, "It was about finishing the story."

Nolan still wouldn't confirm whether Anne Hathaway would play Catwoman or just Selina Kyle. When asked, he smiled coyly and wouldn't say a word.

However, Cinematograhper Wally Pfister may have let the proverbial cat out of the bag at the same event. "Yeah.. She's phenomenal," said Pfister when asked if he shot the Catwoman screentest, "This is something she wanted and wanted to show Chris, 'I'm the one for this job' and she did an incredible job... and she looked phenomenal in the wardrobe. It's going to be amazing with her."

Later, the interviewer tried to clarify that the test did, indeed, involve Catwoman and not just Selina Kyle, but was unable to achieve confirmation.

"I'll get fired and I won't even get to shoot the picture!" Pfister laughed, "I can't really [say], but I definitely want to be around next year."

Also,-- in unrelated news-- Tom Hardy, who will be playing Bane, arrived in LAX yesterday... Wearing a Batman T-shirt!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/02/01/tom-hardy-batman-lax/

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 01-02-2011 17:14
The Red-Blue Blur

Posted on 04-02-2011 22:00
Gordon Joseph Levitt has been confirmed for a part in the film. Who do you guys think he'll be playing? Here's my top contenders and hopes for his part: young Harvey Bullock, young Hugo Strange, or a brand new character.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

Detective

Posted on 04-02-2011 22:41
Has it really been confirmed? Seems like some sites are reporting as a possible rumor while others are confirming it. As of now I don't 100% believe it. Although, I'm a huge JGL fan, one of my favorite actors, so of course I'll be happy to know he's in the film. As of who he could be playing? I don't know; too young for Strange and there won't be any Riddler. I'm all for him not playing a villain though, I think it's a good thing to not overdue it when it comes to the amount of villains.
Razhwurz

Admin

Posted on 05-02-2011 14:54
Gordon Levitt should be treated as a rumour for now, there has been no confirmation yet.

That said, Hardy was tied to the movie long before we got any confirmation, so it could be true.

I doubt Riddler would be a major player in the film, but it's important to note that Nolan didn't say Riddler wasn't in the movie, just that he wasn't the villain.

I'm banking on JGL playing an original character if he is indeed in the movie.

R.I.P. Heath
boywonder93

Posted on 07-02-2011 14:43
As far as the Venom aspect goes I want to see it included. But not as it is in the comics where it enlarges him instantly and makes him near invincible. Maybe just something akin of speed but on a much higher level.

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >