Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | All Other DCU Animated Shows

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: The next DC Animated series: Brave and the Bold? - Posted on 03-03-2008 17:19
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

id hope so but the animation was not bad for when btas came out

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: The next DC Animated series: Brave and the Bold? - Posted on 03-04-2008 22:59
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Here's the official release:

http://www.batmanytb.com/news.php?readmore=429

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 09-04-2008 22:26
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i dont think this show is supposed to be taken seriously. just by seeing the character designs of batman, arrow, and beetle, it just looks comical.

i think i might enjoy it though...if the writers make it actually funny. i actually think batman is comedy gold. i can totally see him being a blunt jerk to everyone; much like stephen colbert when he interviews people. that would be awesome.

but anyway...i hope the comedy actually works with this; it definitely didn't with teen titans.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 09-04-2008 22:50
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Oh my God... I apologize right now for all the times I've been a prick about The Batman's art. I mean sure it doesn't look up to speed with comic books, or anime, or animation as it was fifteen years ago... And it did look a tad hard to take seriously at times. But hey, at least it didn't look like a sad spoof of the 60s comics, right?

Like Phil said, they have to go comedic for this to work on any level. I imagine, though, that this will be the next Krypto the Superdog.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 10-04-2008 17:13
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

noooo...we dont need another krypto, please. lol, we definitely dont need that. i'm hoping for comedy along the lines of justice friends from dexter. that was at least kind of funny, even when i watch it now on boomerang.

i hope they get a funny sounding bats; hopefully adam west-esque. serious, but too serious to be taken seriously, lol.

RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 10-04-2008 22:27
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Well, unfortunately lack of badassiness to the design indicates they're not marketing it to kids in the typical 7-13 range. The look really reminds me of the "Superfriends" action figures, so my guess is it's for the pre-school audience.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 11-04-2008 14:59
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

my hope is that it's not the final design. lol. well the show's probably gonna get cancelled after its first or second season...and maybe then we'll get an actual good batman show. haha.

but what confuses me most is that with TDK coming out, why such a light cartoon? oh well, at least we have gotham knight.

but i'm still curious as to how the comedy will turn out. it's a strange approach to a batman cartoon.

RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 11-04-2008 19:29
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It actually makes sense. The movies get Lite, the toons get Dark.. now the movies are dark, the toons get lite..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 12-04-2008 15:05
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

oh i see. give one, take one. lol.

RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 17-04-2008 16:29
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I just heard about this today, LOL.

One of my first thoughts was "Wow, another Batman show already?"

I think it fits the Cartoon Network bill pretty well, with all the dorky shows they got going now, hopefully this'll be more entertaining. I think it could be pretty fun, since it's supposed to have some comic relief, but Batman is supposed to still be grim.
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 16-06-2008 23:09
User Avatar batfan925
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

sigh. do we really need this? is this nececassry? not really. we don't wan't a new generation of kids being raised on camp.sad(

imagine going to take a kid to the dark knight think it is like this camp sad(

imagine a whole lot of people thinking this is what batman is about all the time.sad(

i liked the batman, and miss it even more nowsad(
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 16-06-2008 23:16
User Avatar batfan925
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

on the other hand, the great thing about batman is he can be portrayed in sooooooooo many different ways, and i love the adam west tv show (for various reasons) but it is just another way of seeing batman portrayed. this will be good fun for the kids, and will hopefully prime a new generation of batman fans.BYTB smile

i sound liketwoface, this forum does crazy thigs to youwink
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 25-07-2008 23:42
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Superhero Hype has an exclusive first look at the new show.. the teaser looks promising, but, who knows...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=7527

RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 26-07-2008 02:00
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I think it will be great. I cant wait!

ultraconvoy.com
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 26-07-2008 02:39
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Ha ha, looks fun. I can't wait. I just hope the jokes are funny. rolleyes
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 19-09-2008 14:22
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

So I hear this show is supposed to premiere in November?

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=242

Don't know if anyone has seen this or not, but it's the character roster for the Brave and the Bold. It should have some characters in there to get ya pretty hyped up, it did for me at least. Some of them I'll admit I've never even heard of.
RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 19-09-2008 14:48
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well.. you could have checked here:

http://www.batman...old/bios/

We've had a partial list for awhile now.

RE: Batman: The Brave and the Bold Official Talkback - Posted on 25-09-2009 16:24
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I like it because I believe not only a tip of the cowl to the prior cartoons but also the 1966 TV show and also, the old The Brave and The Bold comic, which other than the regular BATMAN title, I loved as a kid because I was able to see other heroes.

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.