Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | All Other DCU Animated Shows

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Young Justice - Posted on 28-11-2010 18:31
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

It seems that DC is at the point of being the Dreamworks of superhero animated series and there's no Pixar (thanks to horrible choices made by Marvel) to stop us.

So, what did you guys think about Young Justice? I've never been crazy about the DCUA because of sucky writers from time to time. I mean, for example, back in TAS, Dick was approaching a relationship with Barbara and then in the follow up series, TNAS, Barbara is randomly flirting with Bruce?! I don't say wt* but I think that would fit this perfectly...

I love the animation and designs but it's a follow up of Crisis on Two Earths which bore me to death (those designs were awesome too)... I'd give it a 7/10. I think they should've been more places than Cadmus's basement and this monster bull crap is getting old. Plus, if they wanted to introduce the Manhunter's niece so badly, why not just bring her into the whole mind reading monster plot?

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 30-11-2010 11:20
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

young justice independence day was amazing! i can't wait til the series launches!! the characterizations were really good - now i don't mind that it's not tim and bart.

it's all starting to make sense. it's not really a young justice show, it's a young dc universe show - in which "young justice" would still make sense as the title. i love it already! Smile

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 30-11-2010 16:30
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Unfortunatley, I missed the premiere. I was caught up in holiday festivities and had forgotten that it was on. confused I'm keeping an eye out for a repeat showing, but it's looking like that won't happen for a while.

Anyway, I'm hearing good things about it, so I look forward to checking it out.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 30-11-2010 16:31
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 26-12-2010 20:56
User Avatar DiscowingCanon84
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Watching it as I type. One question though, if Robin is supposed to be Dick in this version why does his costume looks so much like Tim's Superboy Tribute costume. It doesn't really matter but why? It is good so far. Don't like how they made Robin seem less competent than he is. He;s much better than they portray him
Edited by DiscowingCanon84 on 26-12-2010 21:01
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 27-12-2010 07:58
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Remember.. this takes place on Earth-16, so things will be different. As for a repeat showing, you can catch it on Jan. 7th.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 28-12-2010 00:50
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

why Robin456? i'll tell you why. dick has never used his own robin costume in animation since super friends because we now live in a time where teenaged superheroes who wear no pants is unacceptable in terms of design. Smile. the designer's intentions, i'm sure, were not to steal tim's costume, but to create a new one for dick. in my mind, they gave him the black and red color scheme strictly for design purposes. i mean asking why they gave dick a tim-inspired costume is like asking why they didn't give dick bare legs.

and as for making him less competent?? they made him MORE competent if you ask me. i mean not only does he have pants, he's got a watch that projects information, and the ability to hack everything. regardless of his "competence," dick is super cool in this show - i like his characterization in this over the animated teen titans one. he's got a sense of humor, and he does a creepy laugh!

i'm sure as the show goes on, we'll see him become nightwing, and become more "competent," although i think he's VERY competent. he's the brains, the master planner and hacker, a natural leader.

RE: Young Justice - Posted on 28-12-2010 14:34
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
why Robin456? i'll tell you why. dick has never used his own robin costume in animation since super friends because we now live in a time where teenaged superheroes who wear no pants is unacceptable in terms of design. Smile.

Well said lol

But yeah, the only time Dick has used his old costume in animation since the 90s was in The Brave And The Bold, and they were intentionaly going cheesy/campy with it lol.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 29-12-2010 12:58
User Avatar DiscowingCanon84
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Wow, thanks, now I feel more inferior than usual. But really thanks. It least I have my friend, who knows even less than I do about Batman. About the competence it's just his hand-to-hand fighting ability. He seems to just throw an occasional batarang and put some explosives or something. Yeah about his sense of humor. "He hacked the motion sensors" -Scientist person
"I hacked the motion sensors"- Robin BYTB smile
Edited by DiscowingCanon84 on 29-12-2010 13:02
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 07-01-2011 23:49
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Finally caught the first half of the premier tonight. And I gotta say, I loved it. Great humor, good action, and-- most importantly-- FANTASTIC animation. The animation in this exceeds anything that DC has done so far in an episodic format. I really hope they keep this up for the rest of the series.

I really liked Robin. Seemed a little Tim-ish, but I guess that's ok. While watching, I realized that his costume is basically the Teen Titans outfit except in the TNBA colour scheme. I always thought the TT outfit was a awesome outfit that was wasted on a mediocre show, so I'm glad to see it 'liberated'.

I also liked the Aqualad character a lot, as well as the brief appearance of Speedy (hope he shows up more in the future). As well as the humour:

Reporter 1: Look! It's the Flash's sidekick! What's his name? Speedy?
Reporter 2: No, Speedy's Green Arrow's sidekick.
Reporter 1: But that doesn't make any sense...

All in all, I'm deff gonna keep a eye on this show. This could be the best DC series since Batman Beyond.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 07-01-2011 23:50
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 14-01-2011 22:38
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

(sorry about the double post, but they were two weeks apart at least.)

Loved part 2. Great action in this one. Nice introduction for Conner. He really has some anger managment issues here lol

All-and-all, this is the best cartoon I've seen in a long, long time. I really enjoy the cast of characters so far. Only time will tell how Jonzz's niece and Arrowette will turn out, but Wally, Conner, Dick and Aqualad have been very entertaining, and I'm glad to see Bruce in the forfront as their "Charlie" lol

Looking forward to seeing more.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 22-01-2011 16:26
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Ah! Triple post! (hey, it's been a weeks since my last post in this thread)

Enjoyed last nights episode again. Animation wasn't quite as good as the first episode's, but was still very smooth and well done. Enjoying the Megan character so far, though she can seem a little annoying (the "Hello, Megan!" bits seemed particualry forced and cheesy.) Other than that, I really enjoyed Mister Twister as a villain. It was good to see a villain who could compete with Dick and Wally in the comedy department.

Anyway, guess who's up to be the villain next week? BANE! We've got Bane mania going on here lol

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 29-01-2011 13:12
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Jeez... I'm like the only person posting in this thread anymore lol

Anyway, I enjoyed the new episode. It's pretty much getting to the point where it's a given that I'll enjoy any new episode of this show. The whole subplot of them trying to pick a leader was pretty cool, though a little drawn out. I thought Aqualad was going to assert himself a little sooner. I also thought the Megan/Conner subplot was cute. Looks like we've got a little alien romance going on here. lol

Trejo was awesome as Bane, though I was dissapointed he wasn't more of a threat to the heroes. A little suprised that they all trusted him so much, and I'm curious that Robin didn't seem to recognize him... The team is able to recognize an obscure villain like Sportsmaster, but not one of Batman's most lethal foes?

All in all, this show has consistantly been a fun series. I'm looking forward to next week.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 29-01-2011 16:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

bane was born and raised in santa prisca, it's possible that bane didn't move to gotham city yet and doesn't know who batman is...or at least doesn't hate him enough to want to break him anyway. bane is most likely in his early years; hooked on venom, planning to escape from santa prisca.

it would be cool to see him evolve into the man who broke the bat - they certainly got his smarts down right in my opinion. the manipulative, clever, strong guy!

i'm curious as to why superboy didn't tell the others when he distinctly heard bane saying he would use the kids...maybe superboy is really messed up, or maybe he just doesn't understand spanish. most likely the latter, but it just seemed so sinister to me, haha.

RE: Young Justice - Posted on 30-01-2011 04:08
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yea, remember, this takes place on Earth 16 so anything is possible..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 13-02-2011 20:01
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Check out these cool Young Justice action figures!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=16907

They look awesome! I might actually have to pick up that Batman & Robin two-pack. I also notice there appears to a Ra's Al Ghul figure, I guess he'll be figuring into an upcoming episode or two.

Only question... where's Miss Martian?

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 13-02-2011 22:05
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Not bad looking figures. I was actually surprised by the quality of the animation of this show when I caught one of the episodes on TV. The pictures don't really do it justice, (no pun intended).
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 14-02-2011 14:43
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Detective wrote:
Not bad looking figures. I was actually surprised by the quality of the animation of this show when I caught one of the episodes on TV. The pictures don't really do it justice, (no pun intended).

Yeah, I know what you mean. The animation is fantastic. I don't think a TV series has had animation like this in America for a long time.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 14-02-2011 18:01
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

generator rex has some good animation too! but other than generator rex and young justice, pretty much all of cartoon network has catered to pseudo-stoners with simplistic, yet crazy animation styles.

anyhow! young justice is getting really good. superman and superboy are the most interesting characters to me at the moment...but of coarse batman and robin will always be my favorites. can't wait for a future-themed episode; they're bound to do one. whether it be showing grayson being nightwing, or maybe even further down the road with him being batman!! or even further with terry being batman!!!

so many things excite me with this show. i hope it runs long enough for them to introduce the original young justice members: tim and bart.

RE: Young Justice - Posted on 14-02-2011 19:05
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
generator rex has some good animation too! but other than generator rex and young justice, pretty much all of cartoon network has catered to pseudo-stoners with simplistic, yet crazy animation styles.

anyhow! young justice is getting really good. superman and superboy are the most interesting characters to me at the moment...but of coarse batman and robin will always be my favorites. can't wait for a future-themed episode; they're bound to do one. whether it be showing grayson being nightwing, or maybe even further down the road with him being batman!! or even further with terry being batman!!!

so many things excite me with this show. i hope it runs long enough for them to introduce the original young justice members: tim and bart.

I've been enjoying Conner's role, too. I also think Red Arrow has been pretty badass, I hope we see more of him.

To be honest, I don't think there has been a weak character so far. Robin and Aqualad have been pretty badass. Speedy and Megan have been really entertaining. And Artemis looks pretty intresting so far. The Leaguers roles have also been great. Superman's reaction to Superboy has been interesting, and as for Batman... well, he's Batman!

I loved in the most recent episode when they had Bruce in his office. The Shakespeare bust was priceless lol

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Young Justice - Posted on 15-02-2011 09:44
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Did you notice though, that his office was in Metropolis? The once thing I don't like is Robin's laughing, though I didn't hear it as much in this new ep. I just find it annoying..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.