Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 29 of 52 << < 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 > >>
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 10:11
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Well Joker (in the comics) Chose his path to steal in that warehouse or whatever. But then BATMAN came and accidentally (or did he.....) kicked him into the acid. So its partly each of their fault. But I think in the movie is what happens is the Joker saw Batman fighting crime and kicking butt, so he wanted to kick Batman's worse. So he made another Alias as the Joker by putting on Joker makup, custom clothing, ect. (you see where I'm going?) And then He steals or something and Joker gets kicked by Batman in a vad of acid.
Thats what I think will happen. And when the city is going, "Crazy" its a little like No Man's Land am i correct? Maybe just a little, not even close to some though. Man, i cant wait for this Masterpiece to come out.

<----Cool Batman
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 13:30
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

In begins, Joker already killed and robbed a bank.
In the Imax exclusive, Joker was already scarred and sick in the head.
Batman was just Batman for like a week.
So, Joker was around(maybe) before Batman was known.
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 15:42
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

joker was a criminal before batman did anything to him, so i think it's safe to say joker brought the perma-clowning to himself. he didn't HAVE to be in the chemical factory, lol.

but i dont think he was scarred in the imax thing. it was make up...and as far as i know, it's make up through out the whole movie. what i'm thinking is that they're replacing the red hood persona with joker. so maybe joker will actually become THE joker(permanent white skin) in a later film, or the end of TDK.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 16:34
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

yeah i think so to but it dosent make sense to have him not have the redhood in this movie i dont think there gonna hit on that unless they cover his background like the killing joke.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 18:20
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Umm... Ok... I'm not saying Batman directly made Joker by knocking him in the chem bath, I'm saying he was the reason Joker is Joker... Don't get it? Ok I'll explain it.

Joker starts out a petty theif, an insane petty theif, but a petty theif... Now, Batman comes to town and Joker sees the glamour of theatricality, and he is inspired to become more of a super-villian. His crimes begin to escalate, what were simple bank robberies become murder fests, as he he realizes he can get away with more he begins to desend into an anarchistic point of view, he decides to burn the world to the ground and destroy the lives of the Police, the Mafia, and Batman.

That is what the movie is all about, it's explained in the trailer, at the end of Begins, and it happens in the comics. Batman is the inspiration tham made Joker a mass-murderer. That's what Joker is taunting him about in the trailer.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 18:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

why so serious razhwurz?

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 18:51
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I'm not really being serious, I'm just elaborating on my point which some people seem to have misinterpreted.

Or by aking "Why so serious?" do you mean your going to kill me in a horrofingly spectacular way ala Joker? lol

Anyway, it's been while since we've had news on the news page, so here's a link to an MTV article about film maker Guillermo Del Toro, and comic writters Jeph Loeb and Paul Dini expressing there opinions on Heath Joker.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1576855/20071219/story.jhtml

And speaking of Heath Joker, here's a link to the first official Joker t-shirt; available at Hot Topic...

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028482&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442169569&bmUID=1198453843711

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 23-12-2007 19:51
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 23-12-2007 23:31
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Remember, This is Nolan Interpretation of Joker, so forget what you know about him.
His face was scarred in the Imax exclusive and he says to the bank mananger" What ever dont kill you, makes you more stranger" so something happen to Joker and I highly doubt it was Batman doing.

Also, Batman was still (98%) unknown to Gotham.
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 24-12-2007 00:05
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I'm not talking about the emotional scars that make him insane, I'm not talking about the scars on his face, I'm talking about the escalation of his crimes.

Nolan changes aspects of the story, Joe Chill being killed, Ra's meeting Bruce befor he becomes Batman, ETC. But he does not fiddle with the characters. They mantain the aspect that make them, them.

Like you said, he said that to the bank manager. He's still just a theif at that time. Ask yourself, how does a theif transform into a full blown anarchist? The answer: Escalation. Batman starts fighting crime, Joker sees that and is inspired to compete by becoming a mass murdering anarchist.

EDIT:

Also, it's worth noting that in Begins, Gordon tells Batman that Joker is the product of escalation, meaning he didn't start robbing banks until after Batman's appearance. Also, Batman can't 98% unknown because he's in ALL the news papers, it's even to the point that Bruces rich "Friends" talk about him and a little kid is a huge fan of his.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 24-12-2007 00:46
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 24-12-2007 00:52
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

very true.

Now to rewatch begins again Smile
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 24-12-2007 19:52
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Phil wrote:
why so serious razhwurz?

joker4joker4

Message Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 26-12-2007 02:39
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Also, it's worth noting that in Begins, Gordon tells Batman that Joker is the product of escalation, meaning he didn't start robbing banks until after Batman's appearance. Also, Batman can't 98% unknown because he's in ALL the news papers, it's even to the point that Bruces rich "Friends" talk about him and a little kid is a huge fan of his.[/quote]

dont forget about the signal in the new movie thats gotta mean something as far as how well known he already is in tdk and also that it seems he might be giving up in this one or mabey just losing his will to fight for whatever reason and dont forget that rachels still in this movie and knows bruces secret. its odd to see a chic return in a batman film isint it?

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 27-12-2007 00:40
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Ok, seen batman Begins again.
It seems Batman did make headlines and all of Gotham knows something about Batman taking out the mob....
Joker leaves a calling card for the Police and Gordan tells Batman "if you jumping off rooftops and wearing a mask, other are soon to follow." sweet ending for the best comicbook movie IMO!
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 27-12-2007 12:42
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

good someone else remembers that stuff. oh and bb is gonna be on fx in a few weeks so look out for it. i wanna c how they edit the movie now

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 28-12-2007 04:23
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Im hearing Dent will be two face in the middle of the movie.
Is this any true? I hope not.
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 28-12-2007 16:28
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Wizard has an interview with Chris Nolan on their website,
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006862392.cfm

BornAgainBatman wrote:
Im hearing Dent will be two face in the middle of the movie.
Is this any true? I hope not.

Whatever is being said about specific plot points is at this point speculation. Nolan's still got everything close to the vest, and I doubt anyone who would be talking to people on message boards and stuff could know such a plot point.

So basically, if it doesn't come from an interview with Nolan, WB, or a cast member, or from an insider website like BOF; then take it with a grain of salt.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 28-12-2007 17:27
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I was going to post that interview just now.... looks like you beat me to it Raz.

it looks like Two Face will be in it.....
WIZARD: Obviously, fans can’t wait to see the Joker onscreen, but why add Two-Face as a major villain in “Dark Knight”? Are you worried it may take the edge off Joker a bit?

NOLAN: Certainly there’s always a danger in a sequel by introducing more characters. You can wind up with a very large story. But at a certain point, you start to think that that’s partly the purpose of a sequel—to expand the story that you started telling and carry it on. It expands, too, for all of the characters. You’re doing it in all different directions, and so I think you quite naturally end up with quite a larger story. It’s going to be a tricky balance keeping everything in proportion, but the challenge is what it’s all about

Edited by BornAgainBatman on 28-12-2007 18:02
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-01-2008 13:21
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

well that really dosent say much. just that 2-face is in the movie god knows when that can happen in the film. im still thinkin it wont happen till close to the end of the movie unless 2-face and joker team up and i really cant see joker as a team up kind of guy in movies. in the cartoons and comics i can but not the movies

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 03-01-2008 12:20
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

MTV movie blog has a report on the new trailer by none other than Mark Hamill, aka The Joker from Btas.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/01/02/mark-hamill-cant-wait-to-see-heath-ledger-as-joker/

It's very small, here's what he says.

Mr. Hamill wrote “For all those fans that dreamed of an adult approach to the material, ‘Batman Begins’ got nearly everything right, I have no doubt this one will be just as good or better.”

“The balls-out debauched psycho approach seems like a great way of reinventing everyone’s favorite scary (and scar-y) clown. Can’t wait to see it!”

Acording to a movie blog at Vareity, WB has been impressed with the dark knight and want's Nolan to do a third...

http://weblogs.variety.com/thompsononhollywood/2007/12/notes-chris-nol.html

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 03-01-2008 12:27
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 04-01-2008 03:31
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Make a 3rd, already?
i thought WB waits to see how much money a movie makes before they decide to make another part?

But im happy if Nolan continues to work another Batman movie
Page 29 of 52 << < 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.