Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 30 of 52 << < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > >>
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 04-01-2008 13:31
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

To be honest, whether it's official or not - it never occured to me there wouldnt be a third film.

Unless it's actually Nolan who decides otherwise, I wouldnt be surprised if there was a 4th too.

Edited by real-dark-knight on 04-01-2008 13:32
Message Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 04-01-2008 14:49
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

BornAgainBatman wrote:
Make a 3rd, already?
i thought WB waits to see how much money a movie makes before they decide to make another part?

Well, remember Burton and Schumacher were both set to do a third before they're second ones bombed. At this point they're probably impressed with the movie and can see it's gonna make them big bucks, and are so far anxious for a third, that still doesn't mean that if the profit isn't to there liking (not likely) they won't be able to cancel the third.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 04-01-2008 14:50
RE: the dark night film not the joket night!!!! - Posted on 04-01-2008 20:01
User Avatar batkid
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

hi there, im a big fan of the batman now for 20 years and seriously i think that the new trailer have not show too much on the batman .....this is a batman movie not a joker movie besides it will batman kicking joker butt on the film and not the otehr way around .......so does any one out there feel like this or just me .....

holly ....
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 04-01-2008 20:13
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Well, it's not so much focused on Joker as it is on Joker's effect on Batman. So it's really focused on Batman.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 05-01-2008 03:25
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

What made Batman Begins a hit and savior to the franchise was a fresh approach to the presentation of the character in cinema. Though still rivaled in some minds by Burton/Keaton's brooding and costuming, BB offered backstory and character evolvement unseen elsewhere. In order to keep thre momentum going, The Dark Knight needs to offer something to the average, non-Batman fanatic movie-goer that goes beyond what they saw in BB. What made the Batman tv series a hit long after the initial awe of a live-action Batman and Robin wore off? Villians, villians, villians. Batman Returns was cool because of Catwoman and Penguin. Batman Forever had great villians in Riddler and Two-Face. We'll stop there for obvious reasons. Hence the focus on the Joker in the new DK trailers. The challenge of modernizing the allure of the Joker in DK the way that Batman was modernized in BB will certainly attract movie-goers. By constantly using DK desktop backgrounds of the Joker and Batman on my computer at work, I can confidently report that Heath Ledger's Joker stirs up enough shock and conversation to explain why his scene-stealing presence is so prominent in the DK trailers. It's to sell tickets and get us a third movie!!!
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 05-01-2008 16:07
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

not only that but now people know that 2-face will be in the movie and if u keep showing joker it makes people want to see the movie to see 2-face. for me its one of the biggest reasons i want to see this sequel. i usually dont go out to see the second parts of movies but this one really looks like its worth going to see.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 06-01-2008 06:16
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

craigomoteo wrote:
What made Batman Begins a hit and savior to the franchise was a fresh approach to the presentation of the character in cinema. Though still rivaled in some minds by Burton/Keaton's brooding and costuming, BB offered backstory and character evolvement unseen elsewhere. In order to keep thre momentum going, The Dark Knight needs to offer something to the average, non-Batman fanatic movie-goer that goes beyond what they saw in BB. What made the Batman tv series a hit long after the initial awe of a live-action Batman and Robin wore off? Villians, villians, villians. Batman Returns was cool because of Catwoman and Penguin. Batman Forever had great villians in Riddler and Two-Face. We'll stop there for obvious reasons. Hence the focus on the Joker in the new DK trailers. The challenge of modernizing the allure of the Joker in DK the way that Batman was modernized in BB will certainly attract movie-goers. By constantly using DK desktop backgrounds of the Joker and Batman on my computer at work, I can confidently report that Heath Ledger's Joker stirs up enough shock and conversation to explain why his scene-stealing presence is so prominent in the DK trailers. It's to sell tickets and get us a third movie!!!

Wow - in 1 paragraph you've made about 10 points! and I come down about 6/4 agree/disagree!

Personally, I think it's as simple as this; The Joker is Batman's most iconic villian. And having decided that he's the guy for this second movie, they're making the most of it, and yeah, milking it. Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Two Face etc great villains one and all, but do a poll and ask who is your favourite Bat foe, Joker will come out top.

And also it's a nice contrast (and quite frankly it's back to front) to the lesser known Rā's al Ghūl.

Thats my take on, for all it's worth.

Edited by real-dark-knight on 06-01-2008 06:17
Message Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-01-2008 18:30
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

TDK's made another foreign magazine cover, this time a Spanish magazine called Climax.

Looks like Bats has a booboo there.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 08-01-2008 22:37
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-01-2008 21:45
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

The Superhero Hype Batman boards are saying its a fake, that it was photoshopped. They scanned the magazine the picture originally came from. And I don't think there is such a thing as Climax Magazine. At least not in Spanish.
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-01-2008 22:35
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

kpangilinan wrote:
The Superhero Hype Batman boards are saying its a fake, that it was photoshopped. They scanned the magazine the picture originally came from. And I don't think there is such a thing as Climax Magazine. At least not in Spanish.

Hey man, good catch. I found the original for y'all.

Honestly, I can't see why someone would have bothered to do that lol. Though it may have been that the magazine didn't have a good shot itself so they scaned the cover and edited it.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 08-01-2008 22:39
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 00:26
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

wut the heck i never heard of this magazine u guys?

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 00:35
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Score is apparently a French movie magazine, and Climax is allegidly a spanish (or mexican) movie magazine... Though it might just be some spanish guys fan edit.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 12:26
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Recently, it has been revealed that Batman: Gotham Knight, the animated tie-in to The Dark Knight using japanese anime, will be adapted also as a novel under the same name. The author will be Louise Simonson, best known as one of the writers of The Death and Return of Superman, and the creator of the character Steel.

Here is the plot synopsis for the Gotham Knight novel, which might be the same for the animated Gotham Knight:
"After Wayne Manor is burned to the ground, Bruce Wayne establishes a new base of operations, and— as Batman—refines his personal vigilante mission, encountering foes both old and new."

Here is the link to the cover of the book:
http://www3.telus.net/seaviewgraphics/comic_news_images/btm_gk_nvl.jpg

And yes, the batsuit Batman wears on that cover is the same one from the released image of the anime Gotham Knight:
http://www3.telus.net/seaviewgraphics/comic_news_images/btm_gk_anime1.jpg

Batman: Gotham Knight novelization will be sale April 29th, 2008.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 14:07
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I have a question, you know how in the Animatrix, there were stories that were referenced in Reloaded and Revolutions, such as the Flight of the Osiris. Do you think The Dark Knight will acknowledge what happens in these shorts or do they exist in their own universe?
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 14:10
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

It depends on how closely they've been developed, I mean they could have thrown a referance in there, or maybe one of the shorts is based on a line form the script, "Hey Jim, remember that last time we fought Scarecrow? Good times!"

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 09-01-2008 14:13
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 14:48
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

I really like the batsuit in Gotham Knight, doesn't anyone else feel the same way?

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 15:12
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Yeah, it's pretty cool... I was hoping for either something more along the lines od Sale's design in anime format or something more armoured.

A little continutiy thing, if this takes place between BB & TDK why is his costume based on the TDK costume(the neck and chest armor are clearly TDK inspired) instead of the BB one?

Also, I was hoping the animators whould use differant costumes based on there studios specialties, but this could be one of many designs.

Also, I'm looking for the original article on this news and I can't seem to find it, can you post the link, Nate?

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 09-01-2008 15:17
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 15:16
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I was hoping they'd still use the Batman Begins costume. He looks like the original Green Ranger with a cape and cowl.
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 15:21
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Also there is allegidly a super-spoiler for TDK going around, please don't post it here if you find it.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 09-01-2008 15:22
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-01-2008 15:47
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:Also, I'm looking for the original article on this news and I can't seem to find it, can you post the link, Nate?

It came from this:
http://booksellers.penguin.com/static/pdf/berkley-may08.pdf

That is Berkley's (the publisher) list of books. And at page 21, it lists Gotham Knight.

Also, I think there will be multiple costumes. If you look at that screengrab to the actual anime, it seems that costume is not the one from the cover, for it seems to have the yellow oval bat symbol. I wonder, if that's the case, if Gotham Knight is actually set in an alternate universe, brancing from Batman Begins into its own continuity. More or less like Superman Returns was. Because we all know the yellow oval, if that is what aI'm seeing, wouldn't make sense leading towards The Dark Knight film.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

Page 30 of 52 << < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.