Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 34 of 52 << < 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 > >>
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 31-01-2008 12:41
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Everybody was saying Hamill Joker was the best now he is campy?
Its a freaking cartoon!
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 31-01-2008 23:39
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

OK, according to http://www.slate..../2183273/

- Nolan got all the sound he needed from Heath during filming, though it seems looping hasn't been done yet.

- If they do you use a voice artist in the movie he will likely go uncredited so as to avoid drawing attention to the fact.

- They'll have to use a voice artist for video games, the Theme Park Ride, ect.

- They are currently discussing what to do with marketing, they want to keep Joker central character in marketing, but they don't want to exploit Heath's death.

- Marketing will eventually transition to Harvey Dent or Two-face.

- And much of merchandise isn't really effected as it is aimed at the 6-9 year olds, so they avoided using Joker's disturbing image.

So there's the low-down so far.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 31-01-2008 23:40
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 00:21
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I think they should kill off Joker in the Dark Knight for out of respect for Mr. Ledger
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 01:02
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

See..I thnk it would be disrespectful to kill him off.. I say put him in Arkham, myabe mention him a few times and let it be that way...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 01:14
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Thats a good idea Chris.
I just dont want no one to replay the Joker role if you know what i mean
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 08:06
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

I may be the the minority here, but . . .

I have NO problem with a recasting for the next movie.
A new actor would "base" their's on Heath, but would make it their own as well.

The objection would be a bad replication of Heath's joker.
I would also object to killing off the Joker. THAT would be more exploitive than ANYTHING.
I assume (you know what that means-> ass-u-me) that ANY reprise in the next film would be more minor ANYWAYS and there might even be enough footage to suffice. Any major reappearance (if any) would probably be in latter films. If there would be any, a new actor would be OK.

Sum Nox!
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 12:01
User Avatar BatKreep
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

MacWage wrote:
I may be the the minority here, but . . .

I have NO problem with a recasting for the next movie.
A new actor would "base" their's on Heath, but would make it their own as well.

The objection would be a bad replication of Heath's joker.
I would also object to killing off the Joker. THAT would be more exploitive than ANYTHING.
I assume (you know what that means-> ass-u-me) that ANY reprise in the next film would be more minor ANYWAYS and there might even be enough footage to suffice. Any major reappearance (if any) would probably be in latter films. If there would be any, a new actor would be OK.

im with you. i have no problem with someone else playin the joker either. i know heaths performance is going to be amazing, but most everyone thought no one could touch nicholsons joker. i think ppl think different now.
its not impossible, but i do think they should wait and bring back the joker a few more movies down the road. if it continues that far.
there are plenty other villains and or story archs they can deal with until the appropriate time.
batkreep Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 13:11
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Chris wrote:
See..I thnk it would be disrespectful to kill him off.. I say put him in Arkham, myabe mention him a few times and let it be that way...

Well, here's how it is, they are stuck with what they've got. They can't change it at this point because Heath is dead, so they can't film it.

They either killed him, let him live and put him in Arkham, or, since they ARE being inspired by his early incarnations, made it look like he died but with the intention of bringin him back in the third... Now that last one would mean that they'd have a dilemma with the third.

And with recasting Joker. Well, I wouldn't do it with this franchise. That would be like a band getting back together after years of being split up, but on of the member is dead, so they replace him; and the replacement isn't bad, he's just not the same. So they really have no right calling the band by the same name.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 16:33
User Avatar The Riddler
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

well dont forget we have not seen the movie yet so, maybe he is in fact put in arkham at the end, i doubt they would kill him off or "not have batman save him." I hope myself they put him in arkham, that would eb a good ending.

Alfred- Why do we fall Sir?.........So we can
learn to pick ourselves up.

Bruce- You still havent givin up on me.

Alfred- Nevah!
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 16:52
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Riddler wrote:
well dont forget we have not seen the movie yet so, maybe he is in fact put in arkham at the end, i doubt they would kill him off or "not have batman save him." I hope myself they put him in arkham, that would eb a good ending.

Like I said before, there are possibilities. They could have gone this route, they might have gone the other. We won't know until we see the movie, all I'm doing now is exploring the production teams options should they choose option A or option B... I'm certainly not saying one is more likely than the other.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 20:05
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

And with recasting Joker. Well, I wouldn't do it with this franchise. That would be like a band getting back together after years of being split up, but on of the member is dead, so they replace him; and the replacement isn't bad, he's just not the same. So they really have no right calling the band by the same name.

I do agree.

Now i wonder if they had to go back and edit the movie because of Heaths death

ultraconvoy.com
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 20:37
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i doubt it greatly idk i just cant see them doing that

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 01-02-2008 22:57
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I think they will leave it open like they did in Batman Begins. We only assume Ras died in the crash, we never see a body. It is possible Ras survived and could be used again. The same could be for The Joker, although I doubt we see him again in the third film.

In the third film I see Two-Face as the main villain and another, (Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman) as the second villain.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 00:11
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I would like to see Bane or mr. freeze

ultraconvoy.com
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 00:52
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

FlaBat wrote:
I think they will leave it open like they did in Batman Begins. We only assume Ras died in the crash, we never see a body.

I think we don't see a body because it wasn't nessicary to show it, he was in a train crash followed by an explosion that literally destroyed the train car... There is no way in my mind Nolan ever had the intent for him to survive. Someone else might retcon him alive by adding the lazarous pits to the story, but til then it seems like a pretty done deal for him.

As for villains in the third, it's seems pretty obvious that Two-face is in TDK. And from what everyone in the production has said, this one is a complete story, and since Dent is the backbone of the story, they probably won't leave him without a resolution so he can come back in the third.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 02-02-2008 00:54
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 08:17
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
I'm not saying he wasn't good for the show, I'm not saying he wasn't a good cartoon Joker... And even as a character he made a great cartoon character. But still, I can't call him a deffinitive Joker because he just was to campy to be a serious villain... There are really only a few episode where you can think of him as anything more than a nuisance.

And the gas that made people crazy didn't harm people, it just incapacitated them so Joker could steal stuff.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I still considert the TAS version to be the definitive Joker and a real and credible sociopath. For one thing, I just can't see a character who psychologically and physically abuses his girlfriend (Mad Love), sentences a man to an agonizing, burning death for one-upping him (The Man Who Killed Batman), or gleefully tortures & brainwashes a minor ([i]ROTJ[/i) as "campy." Even your example of the death of "Captain Clown" fits - he cares more about the loss of a physical object than he ever cared about the lives of his goons. That's some serious psychosis there. He also definitely killed, it was just forced offscreen by TV requirements. He's been headlined in Gotham papers more than once as body counts rise in his wake.

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 08:26
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well I think Ra’s survived, but I also thought The Joker survived at the end of Batman (1989), but that’s just me. Ra’s and The Joker are two of Batman villains that will truly never die.

I also think Gordon will give us a hint to the villain in the third movie at the end of The Dark Knight, just as he did in Batman Begins. I think he’ll show Batman a riddle of some kind, just like he did with the Joker playing card. riddler2

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 11:55
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I think Joker will be put away or killed and part 3 will be all two face.
maybe black mask will make a on screen debut.

Plus, we dont know if there will be a part 3.

ultraconvoy.com
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 14:51
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

I dont think Joker should be killed off. As Beyond said, stick him in Arkham and leave him there.

On the Hamill/Joker thing; I've gotta say I'm absolutely in Spencer's camp (no pun in intended!). I've never once thought that Mark Hamill was anything other than truly excellent. He was everything a comic/cartoon psychopath should be. He nailed the part and made it his own (just as much as Conroy did).

BatSymbol2

Message Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 02-02-2008 16:33
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

real-dark-knight wrote:
On the Hamill/Joker thing; I've gotta say I'm absolutely in Spencer's camp (no pun in intended!). I've never once thought that Mark Hamill was anything other than truly excellent. He was everything a comic/cartoon psychopath should be. He nailed the part and made it his own (just as much as Conroy did).

Exactly my point, a cartoon psychopath. He was great for a cartoon, but considering he came from comic books, a medium where he could beat a teenager half to death with a crowbar, and then blow him up... Well, it's just not the same. And I guess how you percieve him is entirley based on opinion. While they did put little things in like newspapers saying "body count rises" to try and add menace, they also wrote the character so that almost every line was told with the intent of making the audience laugh.

So if you can overlook the comedy, I guess he can have a menacing factor to him, but for me the comedy belittles the dark aspect too much. But then again, I guess that fits some of the comics, too. I dare you to find one Joker panel in a Jeph Loeb book where he isn't telling a bad joke.

So yeah, it's about perspective.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 02-02-2008 16:35
Page 34 of 52 << < 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.