Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > >>
Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 17-07-2008 16:26
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.

Please use this thread for the official Movie discussion. There may be spoilers so unless you've seen the movie, you might want to stay away!

Edited by Caleson on 20-07-2008 14:48
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 03:10
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Okay.. just got bac.. and WOW..I'm in awe, speechless and tired!

My wife even loved it.. I agree that this, by far is the best Comic Book Movie.. I'm worried about the third on though, it will be hard to top TDK.

I'll talk more abou it later.. going to bed right now!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 03:28
User Avatar The Riddler
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

im speachless, no words can describe how amazed i am from this movie...

Alfred- Why do we fall Sir?.........So we can
learn to pick ourselves up.

Bruce- You still havent givin up on me.

Alfred- Nevah!
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 03:51
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

best movie ever. i loved every part of it.

i'd hate to be the one to spoil, so i'll just say that it reached my expectations and a heck of a lot more. it was better than batman begins, and i LOVED batman begins.

action, tragedy, horror, dark humor...it's definitely the best adaptation of the comic book/graphic novel batman in the media.

i'm going to have to see this one like 2-3 times at least. hopefully more.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 07:58
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yo u know.. I love being in a packed theater, people laugh, clap, cry.. but When people were actually suprised that Gordon was alive.. and clapped.. WTF? LOL. I'm glad they are happy that he's alive, but really? It's Gordon, of course he lives!

But really.. there are only a few things I did not like. First.

Two-Face dead?? Thats waste of a PERFECT character. Second.. The Batmobile.. Dead? Third.. Batman takes the blame for those deaths.. so I guess the third one will clear his name.. because people know, Batman does not kill.

Anyway.. I think those are my only complaints. The rest is just praise!

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 09:54
User Avatar JimmyBoots
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

it is the best movie of the year, easily an Oscar for Heath Ledger, and maybe a nomination for Aaron Eckhart as well, I think his performance is a little underratated.
Also an Oscar nomination for best picture is definitely possible.

And I don't think Two-Face is dead, i think it was left vague on porpuse leaving the window open for a third, his memorial service was for Harvey, not Two-Face.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 10:13
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I went to a midnight release, but I'm just too lazy to post a review at 3 am. So you all get this now. I went by myself because we have a difficult time finding someone that my daughter will stay with and my wife is not usually too keen on staying up that late in the middle of the week. There is also something about seeing a Batman movie alone. I read the comics alone; I watch the cartoons and shows largely alone; this just seemed appropriate.

This was probably the most suspenseful movie I've ever seen. I usually don't immerse myself enough to get tense during a movie, but I noticed I was actually getting worried about how things would turn out. The plot was amazing. I've been making some comparisons to myself between this and Batman '89 (mob controlling the city being taken over by the Joker, newly elected District Attorney Harvey Dent, random killing and unknown plans from the Joker). There was a time that this struck me as the movie that Tim Burton could not make 19 years ago. This is so superior and tighter a story. There is not a minute wasted in the entire 2.5 hours. I look foward to seeing it again Saturday with my wife and a couple of friends.

My only gripe would be the shakey dialogue at the end about hope. I am looking foward to a "Hunt the Dark Knight" (chapter 3 of Dark Knight Returns) type story for the third movie.

I was surprised that Gordon was not dead. Over the past few years, I have just come to accept that the movies are their own universe and they can pretty much do whatever they want with even longstanding characters (look at what X-Men 3 did to Cyclops). So, I just assumed that they had killed him off.

I'm more upset about being spoiled by a toy than the actual destruction of the tumbler. That was one of the cooler batmobiles, but being spoiled by a toy is kinda lame.

The cast really brought their A game to the movie. I know that this is just right in line with every other review out there, but Ledger's Joker is the first time that I have seen someone bring what I see the character in the comics to be to another media. This just blew every cartoon, movie, and tv show version away. I was surprised that they didn't kill off the Joker, instead killing Two Face. I really hope that they don't try to recast the role. You can get away with that with a smaller character like Rachel, but they should not do that with the Joker.

Dent/Two-Face was, to me, the best role in the movie. You get the subtle hints at his split personality early on, but when he goes full on (or is it half one) Two Face, you really understand why. It is too bad that they killed him off, but I wasn't really thrilled with a direct lead-in to the next movie with the villain. These are Batman movies, not Batman Villain movies like the 90's movies were. I loved the little nods to making fun of the 90's movies like the line about the suit, and Batman being able to turn his head.

Overall, this is the best movie of the summer. Not that I'm a huge authority since I barely ever see movies anymore. Odds are that this will be the biggest earning movie. I have no hesitancy about seeing it again. I do not doubt that on a second go through it will be just as entertaining.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 11:09
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i like what they did with two face. nolan did a good job grounding the villains into reality. the bad guys are too larger than life in the comics. in batman begins and the dark knight, they feel almost relatable, and definitely real.

people say how scarecrow was so underused, and that's true, but maybe that's all it would take to stop a guy like. let's face it, it's batman we're dealing with.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 11:47
User Avatar JimmyBoots
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

does anyone think that the scarecrow scene felt a bit like a James Bond movie?
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 15:17
User Avatar scarecrow29
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I kinda did, Jimmy. I felt he had a decent role in this movie, and he got to use his fear gas once, but it's too bad we didn't get to see how it affected the guy. They could've just done what alot of other movies have done, and offed him with words, like Gordon saying "We Finally caught Crane", or something.
I don't know about Two-Face, though. Harvey Dent is dead to the public, but that doesn't mean anything about Two Face. He fell from about the same height as Maroni, so he could've just been knocked out. Remember, he did survive the car flipping over with his seatbelt off! They held a memorial for Harvey because they didn't want the public to see the monster he had become, and that's how I view it.
My only complaints with the movie were Bale's voice being hard to understand at times, and in my theater, the music seemed to overpower the words, so I couldn't hear what Gordon said at the end. Other than that, the PERFECT film.

scarecrow

Dr. Crane isn't here right now, but if you'd like to make an appointment....
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 16:23
User Avatar JimmyBoots
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

That speech at the end from Gordon was awesome, i have to go see it again to get a better listen.

Now we just wait ten years so that they can make Dark Knight Returns
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 16:30
User Avatar JimmyBoots
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

How about that magic trick, that was awesome.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 17:14
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Well I'm back from an over-year break from here. I guess I just forgot :P. Anyway, I just saw it this morning, and I was blown into pieces. It was so amazing! Heath did the greatest job of The Joker, than anybody else has. The humor with him was very enjoyable too. I thought all the villains were great, same with the story. I just didn't really like useless parts about the guy who knew Bruce was Batman. Also, the death of *you know who*, but overall, it was the best comic book/Batman movie I have ever saw.

R.I.P. Heath, you did a phenomenal job.

joker4Joker3twofacebatman3

<----Cool Batman
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 17:43
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Spoilers can be talked about.

Reese isn't sure if Bruce really is Batman, he's just guessing.

And yea, they could have not had that part in there, maybe done something different.

And anyone else curious as to what happened to Wayne Tower? I mean, in Begins it's this awesome building in the center of town, in TDK, it's this ugly building with the words WAYNE on the side.

Maybe it was just a sub division.. but still..

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 17:44
User Avatar Batman - The Dark Knight
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I just came back from the theater and I can only say that it's my new favorite film. The Dark Knight really doesn't have any flaws it is perfect. It shows us a new side of Batman we saw only a slight bit in Batman Begins. I was really captivated by the film from the moment it started, the characters where all played out great, especially Bruce Wayne/Batman and the Joker, which where incredible, it opens a new phycology on Batman and how he must adapt to any situation which is what I liked at the end with him saying that he can be whatever they need him to be, it does show the evolution of Gotham from Begins to The Dark Knight since Gotham has improved and it isn't left up to the criminals and the corrupt like we see at the end of the movie. My favorite scenes were (in no particular order)(SPOILERS ahead):

- When Batman stops the Scarecrow and the mobsters since it more or less gives a conclusion in a way or another to Batman Begins.

- The Hong Kong scenes

- The persecution of the Joker with the Batmobile and then with the Batpod, and return of Gordon.

- Batman and The Joker in the interrogation room since it shows us the real twisted side of the Joker and the effect he is starting to have on Batman.

- The Last confrontation between the Joker and Batman, with the Joker acknowledging that Batman is incorruptible and how the people of Gotham have changed.

- The confrontation between Two-Face, Batman and Gordon, and the aftermatch with Batman saying that he can be anything they want him to be and Gordon's speech acknowledging him as the Dark Knight of Gotham.

Chris wrote:

But really.. there are only a few things I did not like. First.

Two-Face dead?? Thats waste of a PERFECT character. Second.. The Batmobile.. Dead? Third.. Batman takes the blame for those deaths.. so I guess the third one will clear his name.. because people know, Batman does not kill.

Anyway.. I think those are my only complaints. The rest is just praise!

Well we couldn't really expect Two-Face to live he really was a great character but he was driven to madness by Rachel's death and wanted revenge which he got but we couldn't expect him to continue that. They gave him a solid introduction with the hospital scene with the Joker and a solid end with him taking revenge and leaving everything to chance.

The Bamobile dead I think is because that will allow for a new and better Batmobile for the third film and it did serve it's purpose in the film.

Batman taking the blame for the kills is just to prove that he can be whatever they want him to be and his role as the Dark Knight of Gotham as Gordon ends up his speech in the end.

Keep in mind that I respect your opinions but I am just giving my take on things. wink
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 18:05
User Avatar JimmyBoots
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

In the Wizard World Footage from last year they showed Batman jumping on top of cop cars, what happened to that, that would have been cool, it was also the first picture of the new batsuit we saw last year.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 18:09
User Avatar Batwing800
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I just got back from a 1:00 showing today and I was completely blown away. Nolan's Direction, the Script and Story, the Dead on Portrayals of Batman, Joker, Dent, and Gordon, The Music, and most importantly Ledger's Brillant Performance. This is the Best Batman Film and Best Comic Book Film to date, it is just legendary. It's got to be the number 1 film of the year and biggest box office. Ledger was Humorous, Terrifying, Unpredictable, and Twisted all into one ultimate performance. As much as I would want to see what they could do else with the Joker, I know Ledger's performance is completely unsurpassable and wouldn't be the same with out him in the role.

Ledger best get that Oscar.

Best Film Ever.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 18-07-2008 23:09
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I went to a 12:30 p.m. show. Wow, a really amazing film. Greater than any other superhero movie, even Batman Begins. Now I could go all fanboy crazy right now, but I'm pretty tired, plus I really don't know what all to say right now.

I'll probably be going to see it again with one of my brothers who didn't go this time, but that'll probably be the last time.

I hope Heath gets a nomination, and I hope this film gets a nomination for "Best Picture." At least one of those needs to happen.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 03:03
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

Their aren't enough Good Words to describe How Incredible this film truly is .

An epic Masterpiece , that just left you wanting more . Nolan & co. have once again raised the Bar really high . This film will most definitely redefine the Superhero genre FOREVER !!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE cast

SUPERB Action Sequences

PHENOMENAL Story Telling with Powerful Themes

FANTASTIC Music

SPECTACULAR Dialogue

MEMORABLE Taglines

100/100 +++++++++++++++++++

THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN . BatSymbol2

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 04:52
User Avatar bat
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i saw it wednesday it was awsome!!!
i didnt know rachael died! but it was cool anyway i hope they make a third but it would be hard to top the dark knight

my rating 10/10!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.