Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 8 of 8 << < 5 6 7 8
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 24-08-2008 11:15
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

kpangilinan wrote:
For example when Lucius says cat, I still don't get why people automatically assume its about Catwoman. My thinking was it was just a joke because it a humorous answer to Bruce question about dogs.

Haha, that was never an automatic assumption of mine... I just heard from someone fairly in the know that there were supposed to be references to Nolan's possible plans in the film (and yes, this is a source I would litterally trust with my life)

So what I'm saying is IF there are hints, it won't be in obvious places.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 03-09-2008 15:53
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Just for interest really, I just found this 1 star review for TDK on Amazon.......

Dark Blight

I saw the trailers, read the reviews and thought wow this is it!!

I thought wrong!!!

Too many villains on screen for one film. The Scarecrow for absolutely no reason that I could see.

Cinematography seemed amateurish, as if it was low budget and made for TV. It's supposed to be a year later, Batman supposed to have a years more experience. Yet some of his exits seemed liked they hired the cheapest stuntman/double available at the time just to get the shot. Come on!!!!!

Yeah it had big set pieces but even they weren't up to blockbuster standards.

All in all I was very disappointed with this film, especially after the excellent Batman Begins.

Dark Knight just didn't do it for me!

Out of curiosity I looked at their other reviews and they didn't seem to be just a spammer, this is what someone thought.

You can't please everyone....
Message Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 03-09-2008 22:41
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=7641

Sad news for those who (like myself) were hoping for Harvey Two-Face to return in the next film.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 03-09-2008 23:07
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Detective wrote:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=7641

Sad news for those who (like myself) were hoping for Harvey Two-Face to return in the next film.

Well, it's still a little up in the air in my mind... Like he said Heath was intended to be in the next one, now that they lost that option they may bring Two-face back (it's not that hard to sign someone for another film).

I just can't believe a director like Nolan would make kill a lead off without any on screen recognition of death, you know? There's got to be something he's hiding.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 04-09-2008 15:13
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

hahaha, aaron eckhart is such a chill guy. him and gary oldman are my favorites from the dark knight as far as actors go. they just seem so ordinary and chill for hollywood people...or is it a part of their act?? haha.

they have a plethora of characters to use, so i don't mind that harvey doesn't come back...but even if nolan says he's dead, to me he's not. lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 04-09-2008 16:17
User Avatar DarkKnight32692
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

yeah but that sucks!!! two face would not only be the logical choice, but is a character that can pull off an entire feature length film without any partners or sidekicks, like Riddler (if done right of course)

Also, I know i'll be shunned for this, but I'd like to see what Nolan would do with Robin. I know for a fact that the character is in no way shape or form needed, but I think it would be a great story that only Nolan could pull off in a movie (but it would have to be done like Jeph Loeb's Dark Victory. If they did it something like that, then it could make sense for him to be there)
DarkKnight32692 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 04-09-2008 17:19
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

DarkKnight32692 wrote:
Also, I know i'll be shunned for this, but I'd like to see what Nolan would do with Robin. I know for a fact that the character is in no way shape or form needed, but I think it would be a great story that only Nolan could pull off in a movie (but it would have to be done like Jeph Loeb's Dark Victory. If they did it something like that, then it could make sense for him to be there)

lol Phil, myself and a few others have actually been saying Robin would work in the next one for a while.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 04-09-2008 20:22
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I really don't see how Robin could be pulled off, especially in these films. I even think Riddler would be kind of lame. I'm sure they're cases which prove me wrong, but it seems like the Riddler's never been a real threat to Batman, just some doofus who leaves riddles around. I've just never liked him anyway, so maybe it's just my opinion, same goes for Robin.

But, just think, Batman takes on a young orphaned boy and he turns into his sidekick while his newest foe is the Riddler, oh man...it's Batman Forever all over again!
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 04-09-2008 21:01
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

it doesn't have to be like forever. be open minded, nolan is a genius.

and i think riddler could be really cool. he should be nolanified a bit though, like how joker was. i'd imagine riddler would have some awesome lines(riddles), even more catchier than why so serious.

every batman fan needs to do them self a favor and read dark victory. DARK VICTORY!!!! NOWWW!!! i was reading it, and it almost fits perfectly after the events of The Dark Knight, except harvey's alive in dark victory.

but yeah. robin can work if nolan tried hard enough, although it seems like he doesn't want to work that hard. he's scared of what might happen if he screws up.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 04-09-2008 21:05
User Avatar DarkKnight32692
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

It doesnt have to be. There are a number of ways to go with it. I've said this in the past, and I'll say it again: Even some of the campier characters like the Riddler and especially Robin, can be taken on well in the movies, You just have to have the right story. And I've also said I base this off the work of Jeph Loeb.

The reason I sing his praises is because, like Nolan, the guy just gets Batman. I always had a beef with Robin, but when I read Dark Victory, it made me realise that this character can make sense in this form. Even Riddler, if he had a mastermind scheme like in Hush, It could totally work. It would be very difficult, but it could work.

They may seem wrong, and I agree, but if anyone can pull off these characters, it's Nolan and his team.
DarkKnight32692 Send Private Message
Page 8 of 8 << < 5 6 7 8
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.