Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 09:48
User Avatar BatKreep
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Chris wrote:
Batman takes the blame for those deaths.. so I guess the third one will clear his name.. because people know, Batman does not kill.

i agree.
if there is a third, clearing his name will have to be one of the plot lines.
im not sure what people you mean, tho.
we as fans know Batman doesnt kill, but i dont think the people of Gotham in the movie really know this yet. i mean there are those copy cats using guns. so im not so sure the people of Gotham fully get Batman yet.
it will be real interesting to see how they play that out.
batkreep Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 10:51
User Avatar Nightwing_Girl
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

*blink*

*blink*

*blink*

...wow.

This movie really did meet and pass expectations. It truely will be hard to top, as I think others agree this movie screams SEQUAL!!!!
And Harvey Dent is dead, but I'm not so sure that Two-Face is...
Edited by Nightwing_Girl on 19-07-2008 15:35
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 12:45
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

More Records are being broken!

http://www.batmanytb.com/news.php?readmore=548

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 14:35
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Wow! Great news! It's also kind of a suprise for me, because the theatre I went to wasn't packed. I guess most people went at night?

Anyways, it's great to see any Batman movie get this big. This film certainly lived up to the hype, surpassed it even.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 15:37
User Avatar tibbar
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i don't really think two-face is dead. he MIGHT be, but... the ending was very cliffhanger. you dont GET alot of an idea of what happens next. batman is being hunted, dent is supposedly dead, joker is presumably locked up in arkham. i think that the next film would have to be almost batman's retaliation to these events. he has to evolve even more to keep fighting his war. the batmobile, his tools, the batcave, wayne manor... it all needs to ramp up. the next film NEEDS wayne manor restored. it is time now for him to make his supreme batcave. even between fox and bruce, there is no longer snappy patter... its in the open now. he has SEEN him in his costume. he has worked right along with him to stop the joker. everything is ramping up. if nolan does come back and create a third film, and close out his trilogy, it will have to be even bigger, even more bad-ass, smarter, grittier, longer, and in the end... solidify the legend we have all come to know and love so well.
tibbar5179 www.metanoiamedia.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 15:49
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I agree, but it will be hard to top. I mentioned in the other thread, we need more villains, Batman need to take on more small timers in order to prove he is really there for the people.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 17:17
User Avatar JimmyBoots
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

What if in the next one he does not fight a villain but a hero?
I think no one would be able to top The Joker as a villain, why not go in another direction?
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 18:29
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Wow, what a ride! Tim Burton had set the bar pretty high with Batman in 1989 and while his follow up, Batman Returns was good, it never exceed the standard he had previously set. Chris Nolan and Batman Begins flew past the bar that Burton set and produced one of the best all around superhero films ever. Now comes Nolan’s follow up The Dark Knight and he shattered the bar he set just three years ago.

The Dark Knight is amazing, shocking, riveting and one of the best motion pictures of all time. It never seems to drag along even being two and half hours long. The story is so finely woven together it keeps you hanging on from one thrill to the next. I just have to wonder how could Nolan ever top this.

Heath Ledger is simply stunning as The Joker from his first appearance on screen until the end you are never sure just what is going to happen. The Trailers were one thing, but that “magic trick” with the pencil just floored everyone in the theater. Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill were all fine as The Joker in their time, but Ledger redefined the character and brought The Joker of the comic books to life.

Christian Bale was better as Batman this time. Not quite as stiff as he was in Batman Begins, perhaps that new Batsuit helped a little. We also get more of him as Batman this time around. He was better as Bruce Wayne as well as he got to expolore more of the duality of the role and the complex nature that involves. Wayne has limits but Batman does not. He uses the strengths of both brilliantly.

This is simply a film that you have to see. Not only should Ledger get the Oscar for his performance, the film itself should get Best Picture or Best Director, it’s put together that well. Even if you’re not a huge Batman fan, like my wife, you will enjoy this movie.

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 18:46
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

The film is number 1 on IMDB's top 250 movies of all time. It's at a 9.7 which is actually a step up from yesterday which it was at 9.6. Of course, we can only expect it to go down, but how far? Maybe even at all? I know that's a long shot, but the film has already suprised me in other ways. Could a Batman film end up as the highest rated movie of IMDB of all time? Also, it has to fall 6 points just to rank lower than the previous highest ranked movie The Godfather, which is a 9.2.
RE: Watchmen - Posted on 19-07-2008 20:08
User Avatar BatKreep
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

did the rest of you see the Watchmen trailer before the movie?
wots up with using that Smashing Pumpkins song they made for Batman and Robin??? i know it was remade a lil different for the trailer, but still i found it a lil odd.
i dont know, maybe its just me, ha.
Story Holes at the End of The Dark Knight *The Dark Knight Spoilers* - Posted on 19-07-2008 20:11
User Avatar Batman - The Dark Knight
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I made a thread of story holes left by The Dark Knight but was locked and I was told that I could repost it here:

This is a list of story holes that The Dark Knight left to fill and should be filled as a minor plot in a future film:

- The letter of Rachel to Bruce - They could have a scene with Alfred telling Bruce what exactly the letter said since he burned it so Bruce wouldn't know that Rachel meant to be his friend only not to be together for a fact.

- The ultimate fate of the Joker - Probably they will mention him being in Arkham Asylum or have a little scene at the police department with The Joker in the background of a cell or something similar to that.

- Batman acussed of the murders of Two-Face - I believe they should show the people of Gotham regaining their trust in Batman, and acknowledging he is the greater good.

and minor story holes:

- The fate of the mob - Who will take the reign of the mob since the Joker killed several mob bosses and Two-Face also.

Which story holes do you consider were left in the air at the end of The Dark Knight?
Edited by Batman - The Dark Knight on 19-07-2008 20:15
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 20:35
User Avatar BatKreep
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Batman - The Dark Knight wrote:
Which story holes do you consider were left in the air at the end of The Dark Knight?

i think they should leave the Rachel thing alone, be done with it and get back to him missing/brooding, etc. over his parents instead.

it wouldnt bother me if they mention the Joker but i dont think its neccesary.

Batman clearing his name will most definitely have to be a plot line.

the mob thing would be good to continue. maybe have a whole mob war thing goin on and bring in Black Mask.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 20:37
User Avatar BatKreep
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

BatKreep wrote:

i think they should leave the Rachel thing alone, be done with it and get back to him missing/brooding, etc. over his parents instead.

it wouldnt bother me if they mention the Joker but i dont think its neccesary.

Batman clearing his name will most definitely have to be a plot line.

the mob thing would be good to continue. maybe have a whole mob war thing goin on and bring in Black Mask.

o ya, and get back into the manssion and the Batcave and a new Batmobile/Tumbler.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 20:47
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I don't really consider these holes and I'll tell why..

This is a list of story holes that The Dark Knight left to fill and should be filled as a minor plot in a future film:

- The letter of Rachel to Bruce - They could have a scene with Alfred telling Bruce what exactly the letter said since he burned it so Bruce wouldn't know that Rachel meant to be his friend only not to be together for a fact.

Why? So Bruce would feel even worse? Alfred did what he felt was best.

- The ultimate fate of the Joker - Probably they will mention him being in Arkham Asylum or have a little scene at the police department with The Joker in the background of a cell or something similar to that.

We know what happened to him, he's either in prison or Arkham. He didn't die so we know that he's alive and will be sent somewhere..

- The fate of the mob - Who will take the reign of the mob since the Joker killed several mob bosses and Two-Face also.

There are alot of Mobsters..

First, Falcone has children, Alberto and Sofia Gigante

Moroni also has Kids I believe.

There is also:
Tony Zucco,
Rupert Thorn
Lew Moxon
Able Crown
Athena
Penguin
Roman Sionis AKA Black Mask
Gorilla Boss Of Gotham Smile
The Bertinelli family (great lead way for The Huntress in the future)
Santo Cassamento

Plus, I know I am missing a few. Plus, you can always make new ones up!

So, no worries, some one will be there to pick up the peices...

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 22:41
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Simply amazing. There's no way that any movie can live up to such hype, but TDK managed to meet and surpass everything I was expecting. The story, the performances, the pacing...everything was just firing on all cylinders. I thought about a couple of points mentioned here, these are my thoughts on them:

I don't think Two-Face is dead. From that height, I think he could've easily survived but was knocked out. I doubt many people outside of the hospital knew of Dent's exact "half-and-half" condition, so they could've put him deep into Arkham (or a hospital in Budhaven, Metropolis, etc.) with a "no outside contact" clause.

And I think Batman taking responsibility for the murders could be good for his image: remember Falconi commenting how he knew Batman wouldn't kill him? A Batman rumored to wipe out mobsters when the need arose may make him more effective in certain circles.

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 22:43
User Avatar Lissa
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

The Dark Knight was epic. Heath did a phenomenal job, and has set the bar extremely high for future Joker incarnations. The rest of the cast was amazing as well. I have no complaints.
lissaj2094 lissaj2094 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 22:54
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

call me crazy but i don't think two face is dead. i think they(gordon and bats) agreed to say he was dead so that he'd be remembered as a hero. i have a feeling he's somewhere locked up in secret. i mean...batman got shot, fell, hit some wooden blocks during the fall, but was still able to run away. i don't see harvey dying from that fall.

the way i see it, harvey dying would defeat the purpose of the "you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" line. harvey definitely became the villain, but gordon and bats are doing their best to hide it for the benefit of the city.

i guess it's a little far-fetched, but until the next movie comes out. that's the way i'm interpreting the end.

aside from the two face stuff. i really dug the end. it tied all the things together, with an awesome message. you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. sometimes the truth isn't worth knowing, sometimes it's exactly what evil wants. in the end, you have to take into consideration with what will be in the best interest for all people. deep stuff, i really loved this movie. i have to admit, i'm a little crazy. i'm learning life lessons from watching batman movies. how pitiful is that?

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 23:25
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

SPOILER ALERTS:

Rachel is dead and that gives Batman just one more reason to continue as Batman. Alfred will probably never tell Bruce what the letter said.

Two-Face is not dead and neither is The Joker so both could come back at sometime, although nobody could do what Ledger did with that character.

The Mob lived too as their Ferry was not blown up. It was a nice morality play there with the two groups deciding each others fate and neither wanting to give in. Look for the Mob to get back together at some point.

There is no clear nod to the next villain in the next film at the end like there was with Batman Begins, so I think Batman is the villain, or at least one of them as he runs and tries to get his named cleared.

I thought they had killed Jim Gordon as well. At first I thought no, but then again there were so many shockers in the film I thought it was a plot twist until he reappeared.

So we now know Batmobiles don’t last more than two films, as once again Batman has to take drastic measures. Still the eject sequence with the Bat Pod is amazing. Take a good look at the Bat Pod as it shoots out into the street. Look at the lights os the front wheel as they rotate around the vertical axis of the Bat Pod until it seems to lock in place. I DVR’d the trailers and watched it in slow motion, it’s really cool when you think about it.

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 19-07-2008 23:54
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

oh yeah. bat pod was awesome. riding up the wall to face the other direction. i admired the fact that batman tried his best to miss joker, what a cool guy.

and sal's fate wasn't really clear to me. assuming sal didn't have his seat belt on, i'm convinced he got owned in that car accident. two face was so cool in that scene. "you got lucky, but not him?" "who?" "the driver" *clicks on seatbelt*

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 00:16
User Avatar Batman - The Dark Knight
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Chris wrote:
I don't really consider these holes and I'll tell why..

Why? So Bruce would feel even worse? Alfred did what he felt was best.

We know what happened to him, he's either in prison or Arkham. He didn't die so we know that he's alive and will be sent somewhere..

There are alot of Mobsters..

First, Falcone has children, Alberto and Sofia Gigante

Moroni also has Kids I believe.

There is also:
Tony Zucco,
Rupert Thorn
Lew Moxon
Able Crown
Athena
Penguin
Roman Sionis AKA Black Mask
Gorilla Boss Of Gotham Smile
The Bertinelli family (great lead way for The Huntress in the future)
Santo Cassamento

Plus, I know I am missing a few. Plus, you can always make new ones up!

So, no worries, some one will be there to pick up the peices...

Well maybe you are right about the decision of Alfred to burn the letter and leave it at that but I do think that maybe Alfred in time would tell Bruce the truth about Rachel since Bruce does deserve to know but maybe I am wrong since in the scene where Alfred is burning the letter Batman is saying something about keeping the truth or something along those lines, I can't remember right now so maybe they will leave the Rachel thing there like you say to keep Bruce from feeling worse (when I see the film again I will have a closer hear to what Batman says about the truth to see if it explains Alfred's actions of burning the letter and conclude if it is a story hole or not).

The bit of The Joker's fate like you say it is not a story hole but since he is left alive I would like to see if they mention where they ended up putting him which I suspect is that he is put into Arkham like in the comics, but what I was suggesting like a mention or something in a future movie to conclude if the Joker is put on jail or in Arkham.

And what you say about the mob, you are completely right since there will always be mobsters like shown in this movie since in Batman Begins they get Falcone but as we see in The Dark Knight there are a lot of different gangsters and mobsters.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.