Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 00:28
User Avatar BatKreep
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:
call me crazy but i don't think two face is dead. i think they(gordon and bats) agreed to say he was dead so that he'd be remembered as a hero. i have a feeling he's somewhere locked up in secret. i mean...batman got shot, fell, hit some wooden blocks during the fall, but was still able to run away. i don't see harvey dying from that fall.

i would love nothing more than to see Two Face come back, but i think this is just wishful thinking on the part of a lot of ppl.
ya Batman was shot and fell, but he has his suite. and hitting the wooden blocks would only slow down his fall if anything. Harvey didnt.
and to think that they would lock him up in secret somewhere for what would have to be forever to make that theory work? i think that goes way beyond their character over what they're already doing.
like i said, i would love more Two Face, but it just seems a little too out there for me.
batkreep Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 00:39
User Avatar TheDarkKnight666
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

got back from seeing the movie, i was absolutely blown away by this film. I expected it to be great, but not like THIS, absolutely fantastic film. Certainly one of the best movies i have ever seen, i just hate to see everybody here say how it is the best superhero movie ever, surely it is the best superhero movie ever made, without even a doubt, but it is so much more than that. This movie was more than just a cgi fest random superhero movie, nolan set out to make an incredible movie, not an incredible SUPERHERO movie and The Dark Knight is an amazing film on its own merits its an amazing MOVIE first, then amazing SUPERHERO movie second. Nonetheless, i was so taken aback by how truly great this movie was that as soon as my friend and I left the theater we immediatly looked at each other and said, "dude, tuesday let's watch it again" lol so this tuesday me and that friend are going to watch the movie again, and i'm sure it will be just as fun

deadroses90 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 01:05
User Avatar Batman - The Dark Knight
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:

aside from the two face stuff. i really dug the end. it tied all the things together, with an awesome message. you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. sometimes the truth isn't worth knowing, sometimes it's exactly what evil wants. in the end, you have to take into consideration with what will be in the best interest for all people. deep stuff, i really loved this movie. i have to admit, i'm a little crazy. i'm learning life lessons from watching batman movies. how pitiful is that?

Not that pitiful, I suppose Batman is supposed to be inspiring and at least for me it is. From Batman Begins I learned from him to be inspiring to other people, that if you wan change you begin the change and from The Dark Knight I learned to be incorruptible, to be the outkast and make the choice no one dares to make, and to recognize one's limits (I'm not saying now I'm going to be a Caped Crusader but I do take those messages to heart). Maybe we are pitiful, but maybe we are getting different messages that we are supposed to get from the film.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 04:15
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

This has been a busy weekend. I went to a late premiere night showing with my brother, went to a funeral the next day, and saw the film again that night with my parents and brother. After the first viewing, we just didn’t know what to say. It was easily one of the greatest film experiences of our lives and there are so many incredible aspects to the film that I just don’t know where to begin.

This is the first Batman film that I refused to watch any previews for. I tried my best to avoid any spoilers or hints as to the film’s plot. It was an interesting yet difficult experiment and, for the sake of surprise and enjoyment, I think it paid off. From the moment the film began in a broad daylight bank robbery, with an amazing score by the way, this was not what I’ve known for many years as a ‘Batman’ movie that followed a pre-paved theme. It felt so damn real.

TDK had such a broad field of opportunity. It could’ve been a pretty straight forward Joker film but was not by any means. The load of incredible plot twists and elements had me, hours after seeing it, still remembering ones I had forgotten. And at least twice I thought the film was at its end only to have it throw more chaos at us. The Batman wannabes, the Scarecrow cameo, and Gordon’s faked death were all great contributions. The latter also had me totally convinced and saddened as I’m sure it did most people.

Ledger’s Joker had so many dynamics that were nonstop compelling. Initially, I thought his brutal anarchy would largely override his humorous side, but they both came out in such rich form. In contrast to Nicholson’s gentlemanly, mob boss portrayal, Ledger added unique elements of clumsiness and dorky speech that in retrospect remind me of Cesar Romero. And by no means did I expect anything like the nurse scene. It was incredibly funny, fitting for the true comic book Joker, and something that Nicholson’s version could never have pulled off. As to The Joker’s status in the next film, I think it’s completely in the air.

TDK definitely bordered an R rating. The violence and brutality were done in a way that wasn’t graphic yet well executed and often shocking. Batman’s police station interrogation of The Joker was easily one of my favorite scenes; my only gripe is that The Joker should’ve bled from that beating, but perhaps that would’ve pushed it into R territory. And of course there’s Sal Maroni’s simple yet very painful fall. The pencil “disappearing” trick also had everyone stunned - so swift and non-gory yet several minutes afterward I still couldn’t get over it.

I was also delighted to see Renee Montoya and Harvey Bullock, while under different names, appear significantly in the film. Any supporting characters like that are great for bringing the Batman world to life and in no way compromise the film. I would’ve liked to have seen some familiar Arkham Asylum B-listers on the ferrie of prisoners, but I can't complain.

Eckhart was awesome throughout the film. I wasn’t totally sure Two-Face would even appear and loved the screen time he had. While it wasn’t confirmed, I’m assuming that he died and that they would have destroyed his body to cover what he became. Speaking of which, the handling of moral issues throughout the film made it quite engaging and gave consequence and emphasis to the desperation and extremes characters are often pushed into. And I haven’t even mentioned the action, which was of the highest quality and intesity I’ve seen.

Simply put, The Dark Knight was an incredible and real Batman film that I think will be nearly impossible to top. I'm damn proud to be a fan.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 07:05
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I was just thinking about the way Two-Face was played, and how many great sublte touches they included to make him more "real". Things like his dead eye moving the same way as his good eye, the drink pouring out the side of his mouth, and his complete acceptance of what the coin told him to do. This last point was especially well done. For a moment there in the limo, I was afraid they were pulling a Tommy Lee Jones re-flip to get the desired result. Then the seatbelt clicked and we knew that second flip wasn't for Maroni. Perfect.

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 11:38
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I went by myself late Saturday night to see the film. All of the aforementioned praise is well deserved. I had expected that Two-Face was being introduced later in the film with the intent of being featured more in the third film. That may or may not be the case now, but I perceive the killing off of Two-Face to be as absurd as killing off the Joker in Burton's film. I guess we'll see. Now that the Nolans have successfully explored these two classic villians, I hope that the next film takes a cue from BB and uses villians that have not been seen on film before.
The introduction of the Bat-Pod and subsequent self-destruction of the mangled Tumbler was great. It will be interesting to see what vehicle is used in the future. I doubt that they'll just re-introduce a new tumbler. I'm hoping that the next film presents the re-built Wayne Manor with ultimate Bat-Cave and vehicles.
I hope that fans watched Gotham Knight before seeing TDK. I actually finished watching it for the first time an hour before leaving to see TDK. I had bought it a week before but waited on purpose. I'm glad that I did. It actually does connect some dots.
I've read all of the comments above, so I'm not going to repeat them. We all agree: great cast, great story, great music, great direction, great action, GREAT FILM. What a great time to be a Batman fan. This film is breaking records previously set by Spider-Man 3. The biggest difference being that SM3 didn't receive the reviews or Oscar buzz that TDK is receiving. In addition to all of the box office records that TDK is setting, maybe it will also set records for most number of Oscar nominations and other film awards for a super-hero film. Best Actor, Best Original Screenplay, Best Director, Best Original Score, Best Film. Yeah, this is the best year ever to be a Batman fan.
Edited by craigomoteo on 20-07-2008 19:46
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOLIERS!!!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 11:44
User Avatar DarkKnight32692
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i saw it yesterday and i don't think you guys need a review to know how awesome it was! i was shocked tey actually killed rachel! and gordon, well it's gordon! i knew from the beginning that it was a setup.

Chris :

But really.. there are only a few things I did not like. First.

Two-Face dead?? Thats waste of a PERFECT character. Second.. The Batmobile.. Dead? Third.. Batman takes the blame for those deaths.. so I guess the third one will clear his name.. because people know, Batman does not kill.

Anyway.. I think those are my only complaints. The rest is just praise!

i personally agree with the others. maybe he's not dead. maybe for the next one's viral campaign, they'll make it about twoface! maybe he is dead after all(that would suck by the way) they'll probably rebuild the Batmobile, and i think it was a good idea for him (Batman) to take the blame for the deaths.

1. the best versions of Batman are him working outside the system
2. in a way, it'll make the remaining criminals believe he killed those people so they will be more afraid of him. or not.

oh and is it just me or is the new suit absolutely right! this is what a modern day Batman should look like!

dull 2
DarkKnight32692 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 16:39
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

This may sound strange, but it's something that I've never experienced as a Batman fan before. I'm still having a hard time totally excepting that this film even happened. The night of the premiere, I had a dream about it and thought that the whole movie was just an illusion of mine. I just can't get over how different and brilliant Ledger's Joker is. It hasn't totally sunk in that this film is a real part of Batman media. Images like The Joker standing in the circus truck, hair blowing in the wind, and wielding a bazooka are so iconic.

spencer1984 wrote:
I was just thinking about the way Two-Face was played, and how many great subtle touches they included to make him more "real"
Jones had absolutely nothing on Eckhart. I hope Schumacher watches this film and realizes how badly he screwed up and that Batman has great potential beyond just "throwing logic out the window" in a glammed up tongue-in-cheek spectacle.

I thought Two-Face was dead, but now I think his status is meant to be vague to keep fans guessing. We can't definitively say either way. Nobody saw the corruption of Gotham's White Knight other than those he killed or attempted to kill, so I suppose it would be convenient for him to have died and remain under the cover-up.

As for Rachael's death, I was surprised but not too much. She was created for this film series and has served her purpose as far as I can see. And a lot of people didn't like Holmes, but I doubt they'll say the same for Gyllenhaal.

I'm not totally sure of Lucius Fox's status. He wanted to resign for as long the sonar technology was in use, but after he entered his name, the system self-destructed. I assume he still works for Wayne and speaks with him, so hopefully he'll be back and will help with a new Batmobile design. Plus, he was one of my dad's favorite characters, which is probably true for a lot of older folks. Fox is valuable to both the plot and fan enthusiasm. Also, when Bruce Wayne decided to turn himself in as Batman, you'd have to wonder what all was destroyed. He mentioned connections to Lucius Fox; maybe that was just so Fox wouldn't be traced as an accomplice.

Edited by Caleson on 20-07-2008 16:42
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 18:23
User Avatar tibbar
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i REALLY dont think harvey is dead. eyes closed on the body, indicating a loss of consciousness, rather than a death. the coin he flipped for himself landed "life" side up. there is a large gap between the cops chasing bats away and the memorial service (not a funeral service, there was no casket). who knows WHAT happens next, but i do believe they are covering up harvey's whereabouts VERY well. i'd imagine he escapes in the next film, and bats will have to stop him. its going to be sad when the people of gotham find out about what harvey has become, and i think it will make the people at large embrace batman even moreso. they wont be able to hide what happened to harvey... these failures and attempts at silencing the truth are all in vain.
tibbar5179 www.metanoiamedia.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 18:33
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

YES YES tibbar, i agree. two face is not dead. i hope they clarify in the dvd or something. but as far as i'm concerned; even if he is declared dead in the next film, i'm gonna be in my own little world, thinking two face is still alive.

the way i see it, i think two face will decide to get the surgery for new skin, and become good again. kinda like he did temporarily in the comics...and then he'd become two face again by something that triggers big bad harv.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 19:46
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

It was like watching Art in Motion! I loved love loved that movie.
So damn sad about Ledger. What a job he did!
And Bale WOW!

Best damn Movie ever in my lil book. Like you kids are saying a 3rd one well be hard to make! To top this who the hell knows???

Then again I diddnt think Batman Begins it couldnt get any better than it was!

Also I loved Gotham Knights to boot!!!!

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
Edited by Panzer on 20-07-2008 20:04
http://www.batmancustoms.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 21:33
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

tibbar wrote:
i REALLY dont think harvey is dead. eyes closed on the body, indicating a loss of consciousness, rather than a death. the coin he flipped for himself landed "life" side up. there is a large gap between the cops chasing bats away and the memorial service (not a funeral service, there was no casket). who knows WHAT happens next, but i do believe they are covering up harvey's whereabouts VERY well.
Yeah, those are some good points. But it makes sense that the memorial wouldn't have a casket. Not many people saw Dent after his admittance into the hospital and the GCPD may be leading the citizens to believe he died in the explosion.

If Dent is alive though, imagine his admittance to Arkham Asylum. Even if he were placed in a very isolated area, employees that deal with Dent would recognize him and make it hard not to let the information out. Though I'm sure they're under an nondisclosure policy, knowing that the district attorney is alive and institutionalized would be a huge bombshell. I'm not sure where else they could keep Dent.

The comment below had its own thread, which isn't necessary, so it'll just go here...

doorsmorrison91 wrote:
because i kno nolen will do what he does with the 3rd so the 4th imo

sould have BYTBMad vs jokertwofaceriddler2 and bring in robin 3 for like 3 movies or so so ten we could get a nightwing spin off
it would be called
BatSymbol2 batman&robin 3
batman&robin
what do you think of my idea????? plz be nice BYTB smile

RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 22:28
User Avatar doorsmorrison91
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

ok that's cool

batman robin 3
batman nightwing things change

joker why so serious

riddler2 riddle me this riddle me that whos afrid of the big black bat
slipknotmark Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 20-07-2008 22:42
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I went a second time late Saturday with my wife and a couple of friends. I noticed a lot of stuff was hinted at early on, especailly the two people in MCU that bring Harvey and Rachel to the mob. What stood out most was that you can see the duct tape shining on the Clown Hostages through the scope of the police sniper. That scene was so intense the first go around I would have never seen it.

THat just shows how amazing the movie is that they can have everything right in front of you, but still make you surprised.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 21-07-2008 00:43
User Avatar tibbar
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Darknight: i think its the rapid nature of the events... they really dont give you time to think. stuff is just happening in such a speedy way that you have a hard time catching it all on the initial viewing. i found the pace to be very thrilling, i think it keeps you clutched onto the arm-wrests pretty much the whole time.
tibbar5179 www.metanoiamedia.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 21-07-2008 01:21
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

ver cool well have to watch out for the extras. going again to see it at the imax on Tue. Cant wait!

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
http://www.batmancustoms.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 21-07-2008 08:28
User Avatar meatcleaver63
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

What a great movie! We saw it Friday night and then went again Sunday afternoon. This movie just blew mw away! I sat there hypontized by Heath's performance as The Joker. I, like many of you, do not believe Two-Face is dead. But it will be interesting to see how the next movie develops.
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 21-07-2008 11:26
User Avatar ShadowZ
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

There are alot of Mobsters..

First, Falcone has children, Alberto and Sofia Gigante

Moroni also has Kids I believe.

There is also:
Tony Zucco,
Rupert Thorn
Lew Moxon
Able Crown
Athena
Penguin
Roman Sionis AKA Black Mask
Gorilla Boss Of Gotham Smile
The Bertinelli family (great lead way for The Huntress in the future)
Santo Cassamento

My guess is that the mob will play a role in the next movie. Other characters I could see in the third movie include

Hush - relationship with Bruce Wayne in their childhood
Catwoman - historical relationship with Bruce in the comics
Firefly - could see him as an agent for the mob (think he was the villain in the first episode of Batman:Gotham Knight)
Harley Quinn - only if they bring the Joker back
Scarface - could take over the mob as well
ShadowZero1927 Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 21-07-2008 11:35
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Off Topic, Firfly was not in Gotham Knight. The guy with the flight pack was the Man in Black, the same guy in all three scenes of the first segment.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official The Dark Knight Movie Talkback *SPOILERS!!!* - Posted on 21-07-2008 12:25
User Avatar Black Knight
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
Medal 

Saw it the first day.

Top Movie #1

course. I like the Batpod scene & Joker as everybody. all people including me cheered when we saw that Gordon was alive!Smile

I was kinda shocked what Joker did to his Thugs. he kinda work alone, but use other people only for his needs for each mission.

This Joker was the best of all, sad the actor didn't make it to his future awards he well deserve it.

I was one who thought at first that this was the last movie of Batman, wife the same. I was nostalgic more than happy, but having my sources I can watch this movie as many time as I want... Its hard to catching up this movie at first, you must watch it twice. I will go next week to watch it with my friend that hasn't see it yet.

PS: I feel that Bale can't make more than a 3rd Batman movie with Nolan. he is getting old quick, but more than that its hard to see an actor making more than three of the same movie.

To me it should be enough with a third, since Batman has to clear his name....

I wonder if Batman doesn't need Mr. Fox after his resignation?. Mr. Fox saw that Bruce wasn't an idiot that just wanted to play a hero & use him for his tech, he saw what Bruce can make with Technology without having his help.

Also, we saw that Scarecrow was alive or not mentally unable after what happened to him at Begins.

Agree this movie is fenomenal. its possible that a 3rd get better?
posibly but without Bale will not.
Edited by Black Knight on 21-07-2008 12:38
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.