Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 30-08-2008 15:19
User Avatar Darkknight1201
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Hi All My name is Danny first post or thread or anything on this fine Bat comunity.

Anyways the idea came about in Nolan's realistic universe the Orignal Clayface would very much fit. Possibly as a sort of hitman for the mob or using his actual roots. there is nothing too farfetched about a horror actor going nuts and using the character of Clayface to go out and murder people.

So the question I pose is would you all accept it or if there was to be a clayface u'd prefer the Matt Hagen version.
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 30-08-2008 15:58
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Darkknight1201 wrote:
Hi All My name is Danny first post or thread or anything on this fine Bat comunity.

Anyways the idea came about in Nolan's realistic universe the Orignal Clayface would very much fit. Possibly as a sort of hitman for the mob or using his actual roots. there is nothing too farfetched about a horror actor going nuts and using the character of Clayface to go out and murder people.

So the question I pose is would you all accept it or if there was to be a clayface u'd prefer the Matt Hagen version.

Welcome to BYTB!

Clayface is a difficult one;

Nolan's not going to bring a shapeshifer type character in, simply because the Batman world he's creating is (by and large) grounded in a form of reality. That makes him hard to do......

You could be right and the original thought behind Clayface could work. On a similar sort of note, I've wondered if Nolan would ever go down a more reality based Langstrom line - with a criminally insane man done up as a Bat, taking on the Batman. No serum type stuff - just a nutcase wanting to play Bats too. Now that I've actually typed that, I'm even less sure I'd like it (and I wasn't mad on the idea before I typed it!)

I can only speak personally - Clayface has never been my favourite Batman foe.

BatSymbol2
Edited by real-dark-knight on 30-08-2008 16:09
Message Send Private Message
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 30-08-2008 16:11
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I heard something about clayface in the third a while back. It said some guy with blond hair signed on to a contract and is not allowed to talk. It said he might play clayface or riddler.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 30-08-2008 18:48
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I mean prefferbly I want unused villains (Mad Hatter, Rupert thorne, Dr Hugo Strange, Ventriliquist, Clayface) over used villians but Clayface while cool is not my number 1 fav however a "normal" clayface might work well in the same vein as Zsasz in Begins a sort of blink and you'll miss it cameo with Clayface as a sort of hit man fro a mob run a "freak" (Black Mask maybe) who is killing those left in the Maroni/ Falcone Crime family now possibly run by Rupert Thorne.

Just an idea though when i see on other boards how "riddler is the only sensible villian left" or "It has to be Penguiin" I smile to myself Goyer could take any or the villians i listed above and write a whole film using one as the main villian.
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 30-08-2008 20:39
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

goyer is a pro.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 30-08-2008 22:13
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

If there is another movie it's likely to be the last Nolan does... WB's not going to risk having the main villain be an unknown. As awesome as it would be to have unused characters, they'll have to be supporting villains (like Scarecrow in Begins).

Now Clayface is a double edged sword. Because Nolan's favorite aspect of the villains is the psychological aspect, the BTAS version of Clayface would work very well because of the tragic nature of the character. But unfortunately, to achive that tragedy you have to make him a giant, physically impossible mass of moving clay.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 31-08-2008 09:46
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I think you could tap into that tragedy in the original incarnation of Clayface without him being a shapeshifter. He didn't originally have the powers, and the BTAS version seemed to have the original backstory of the character.
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 31-08-2008 11:56
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The thing that made Clayface tragic was the fact that he was a clay monster... I guess they coul do it with just his face being defigured and him being able to morph his features with prosthetic clay... But that would turn out really cheesy on film.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 31-08-2008 13:10
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Personally I like the idea of him killing off actors starring in a remake of one of his films, and think it'd transfer well seeing as we live in an era when a lot of films being made are remakes. I think you'd also be able to tie the character in with the (presumed) theme of redemption in the third film, and of the untertone of duality that hasn't been fully explored.

I'm not suggesting him as a character for the third film, I just think it'd work. Personally I think the tradegy in the character lies in his disfigurement and something he's proud of, something that reminds him of better times being remade.

On a different note I think Clayface is another example of Batman having the best rogues gallery. Even those not as well known as Clayface can be transferred to the screen in some form and most Batman rogues tend to have more depth to him than some of his comic book counterparts' do.
Edited by Batkilt on 31-08-2008 13:11
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 19-12-2008 12:42
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I personnaly think Clayface could be done a bit like Michael Myers. genunly creapy.
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 20-12-2008 01:00
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

well I would like to see Jason Todd as a gangster red hood in the next film if its made

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Would u Accept Basil Karlo's Clayface in a Future Batman Film? - Posted on 21-12-2008 04:05
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Yeah, Basil Karlo would be the best version of Clayface to use. I just recently read a couple of early Detective Comics issues featuring him, and I reckon they could get him spot on.

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.