Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 29-10-2008 20:39
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

I lied. I love lying. Anyway, here's my take on things...

With the huge success of the follow-up to Batman Begins, it's hard to determine what DC & WB will want to do with this. Will they stick to making money off TDK, or will they want to cash-in on an early sequel? I'm not sure, but I reckon the sequel would be released between 2010 and 2013, leaving plenty of time to make another masterpiece.

Obviously, Batman 3 will see Mr. Black Pants on the run from the boys in blue, which will highly restrict his relationship with Gordon. Instantly, you can tell where I'm going with this, so I'll get it out of the way...

The Robin Issue

I know everyone's gonna have problems with Robin returning to the films, and I understand. Who wants a kid runnin around in tights, following Batman, gettin captured, then instigating the inevitable "Batman has to save Robin's arse" scenario. Don't think like that. In the comics, cartoon, and 60s TV series he is and was that kinda guy. But look at Batman too. He was in grey tights. What's he look like in the Nolan series? Exactly. So the first major issue people need to deal with (yes, even before the age thing) is his suit, because in this film series, the right look is everything.

Before I get into the suit issue though, lemme make this clear - I don't want a traditional Robin. I want a late teenage dude whose parents are murdered right infront of him and Batman, but Bats is too late to save them. Bla bla bla, one thing leads to another, the dude wants to help him out by being places that moody bollocks can't be, then radioing him when he's needed. Obviously they would need codenames, and the dude's would be Robin, as he wears the motorbike helmet from the Batman & Robin film (couldn't find a picture of it, but it's similar to the one from Batman Forever, only a full-head w/visor helmet). All he'd need is a motorbike, leather jacket, helmet, and radio. There you have it. Robin.

Then again, the Robin fanboys in the world (all three of them) would probably want him to be more like Batman in terms of costume, and not just some downgraded version. The following images could be adapted quite easily to fit a TDK-style armour suit. However, the colours would have to be toned down dramatically, and it'd look kinda stupid anyway. Besides, I prefer my idea.

So I think it's safe to say that Robin could be introduced quite easily. DC & WB may want it, as do around 20-30% of the fans of this franchise, but Nolan and Bale don't. And if they don't want him, then I doubt he can withstand the rejective powers of the two main dudes behind the whole thing. Onto the next, yo...

Two-Face Is Dead

Or at least he better fukk-in had be. I don't want that lame "oh, he's locked up at Arkham" excuse everyone's givin. If Dent's alive, then Ra's defo will be, and no one wants that. We don't want the writers dippin their pens into an inkwell filled with the juice from the Lazarus Pit, or at least I don't. Dent should be dead. End of. And the Joker should be in Arkham. A brief mention here or there, maybe, but no fukk-in appearances, unless they use some leftover footage of Heath that never made it into TDK, and even then it'd still have to make sense.

Matches Malone

If Batman's working alone, he's gonna need eyes and ears on the streets, as I mentioned in the Robin section. For those who don't read the comics, Matches Malone is a persona Bruce Wayne takes on when looking for answers during the day down on the streets, usually donning a ridiculously convincing disguise (which blatantly wouldn't work in Nolan's universe, but fukk it). Personally, I'd love it if Batman infiltrated a gang as Matches Malone then gettin into tight situations where he's ordered to kill someone. It'd play out kinda like Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and he'd probably have to rely on Batman a lot less, which would be a sensible thing to do considering the manhunt.

The Villains

The most widely speculated element of the third installment - even before the release of The Dark Knight - is which villains will appear in Batman 3. Well, in alphabetical order (coz it's unbias and nice n tidy), I'll list who, why, and how:

Bane: An ex-wrestler pumped up on steroids has now joined a huge mass of masked crime in Gotham. I know that in the comics he's super-intelligent, doped up on super-steroids, and probably gives biatches (and maybe dudes) super-AIDS, but we're keeping as 'realistic' as possible, so he'd probably act as one of Black Mask's main thugs.

Black Mask: A new mob dealer - let's keep his identity unknown - who has a passion for pain. Loves torturing victims, rival gang members, etc. He's taken advantage of this new 'masked-criminal' fad, and hires only the best, required that they wear a mask.

Calendar Man or Holiday: A serial killer who strikes on certain holidays or days of the year. Basically, it'd be completely ripping off The Long Halloween, but it would create a huge murder mystery, and in the end would help Gordon's team realise just how important it is to have Batman around, thus putting an end to their pursuit of the 'caped crusader' (damn I hate that name!)

Catwoman: Let's fukk the thief thing off. Batman 3 could be set a year or so later, and the GCPD haven't got anywhere near capturing the Dark Knight (that's more like it..), mainly thanks to Gordon's intervention. So the FBI or CIA or someone else high up are called in, and send someone undercover, someone who could trick Batman, someone who he could 'relate' to. This person being Catwoman. IMO, that's the only way she could be realistic. He witnesses a crime that she doesn't commit, and the whole GCPD go after her too. Sympathising with her situation, he helps her, and she ultimately stabs him in the back. No doubt they should have that passion evident in the films, but she's still a bad guy, and it wouldn't be very Catwoman for her to not screw him over.

Deadshot: If the Gotham Knight anime really is set between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, then why the hell not incorporate him?

Hush: This dude could also be an assassin, hired by the mob to kill Batman. What Batman and Hush don't know is that they were childhood friends. When they both uncover eachother's identities (at different times, of course), this would lead to a huge showdown that would determine what mattered most.. friends or money. To compensate for the fact that a surgeon would not need money, we could always say he's been globally banned or some ish.

Mad Hatter: Now this would be interesting. He could be a midget pedophile who lures little girls to come 'play' with him, using the Alice in Wonderland thing as a manipulation technique. Too sickening? Maybe, but I reckon it could work, and I'd love to see Morrison's take on the Mad Hatter finally make it onto the screen. Maybe not as the lead villain, but as a criminal Batman or Gordon take down.

Mr. Zsasz: I really wanna see this madman return. We didn't get to see what he could do in Batman Begins, so I'm sure he could do well as a secondary villain.

Penguin: Corrupt owner of the Iceberg Lounge.. a night club where the mob gather. However, he goes by his real name - Oswald Cobblepot, and he is only called Penguin once by someone coz he's fat and wears a penguin suit (you know I mean tuxedo..) Dunno how he could be a main villain, let alone an actual villain, he'd just be a secondary character really. Unless of course he becomes one of Batman's informants. Provided Bruce is okay with paying for info...

Riddler: Yes, he would work best as Mr. Reese. Instead of leaving clues to crimes though, he could be sending the GCPD clues to Batman's true identity. So Batman must stop him before his secret is exposed. Maybe he could be doing this to distract them while he robs banks too. He could even be working with William Earle in an attempt to completely destroy Bruce Wayne, as they both seem to hate him with a passion (someone I hate could save my life, but I'd still hate the guy). Again though, he wouldn't be a good main villain, unless there is less emphasis on 'villains', and more on how Bruce deals with being a fugitive vigilante living in the public eye, and how it puts a strain on his relationship with Gordon.

Scarecrow: It'd be a nice touch if he's constantly runnin around the city with his fear toxins, as it could be one of the main reasons Gotham's goin insane. Plus, the fact that he used to work at Arkham means that he'd be able to pull strings (let's not forget how corrupt the city's supposed to be)

Two-Face: is DEAD, damnit!!!

So there you have it. And before you try mentioning villains like the Ventriloquist, Mr. Freeze, the Reaper, Red Hood, Hugo Strange, etc., etc., etc., I'm tryna keep it realistic to Nolan's style, instead of what I'd like to see.

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 30-10-2008 17:21
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

robin idea is cool, it's actually really similar to mine. i think the biker-look will be ok for this one, but he'd need an actual hero suit by the next one i think.

my idea for robin is for him to stay in the cave doing detective work and any research he needs to do while batman does the dirty work. robin could be like an oracle for batman, and while batman's at home, he could train robin in acrobatics and martial arts. by the next movie, he should be ready to go out and do the dirty work with batman.

i hate talking about this though, cuz it brings little hope, then it gets totally shut down every time i see those interviews where nolan and bale say they hate robin, lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 30-10-2008 21:33
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

I don't think Robin should appear at all tbh, I just like coming up with ways characters could fit into the Nolan Universe, coz the 'realistic' approach is more my cup of tea than the ish with super-powered peeps. The Cassandra Cain Batgirl would probably work best if he had a sidekick, as she could be an ex League of Shadows disciple who followed Bruce, or summat along those lines.

Either way, as much as I'd like to see a Batman 3, I'd have a lot of respect for Nolan if it never materialised, as it'd work well being left where it is.

RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 30-10-2008 22:53
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

the problem with trying to make the characters more realistic is that it might tamper with the original source material. while nolan could do a way cooler robin, he respects the source material, so that's probably why he's not trying to adapt robin into his movies. that, or he just plain doesn't like the robin character.

anyways..there most definitely will be another batman movie after the huge success of the dark knight. whether it be nolan or schumacher 2, there will be another, haha.

RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 30-10-2008 23:11
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

^Dunno man, I think WB are smarter nowadays. I'm actually looking forward to the Supermax Green Arrow film more than Batman 3. Prison Break + DC characters is just full of win. Although, again, I ain't feelin the metas in there.

RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 12-11-2008 10:07
User Avatar keyser_soze
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Thought this was pretty interesting...

http://www.joblo....?id=21985

http://joblo.com/...?id=22013

JoBlo has a 10 Spot article on who they think should be considered for the next Batman villian. Don't know why Bane is number 1 and not Catwoman. She's the one everyone wants to see.

I don't understand all this talk about the Hush character or Calendar Man. We don't have the rogue gallery of characters to pull those story lines off, since we only have 2 movies thus far.

I always wonder why Scarface and the The Ventriloquist (Arnold Wesker) are left out. That's a perfect psychological character for Nolan to toy with which I think could be a great movie villain. Plus there's a story line there with Matches Malone in Batman 598-600 by Brian K. Vaughan. Something like that would work perfectly.
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 16-12-2008 18:49
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I don't get the need for any Hush inclusion either. I'd prefer to see Catwoman, Black Mask or Deadshot first. I'd also say Black Mask works much better than Hush in terms of being someone with a connection to and a hatred of Bruce Wayne, and his character fits in pretty nicely with the themes of Begins and The Dark Knight.
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 16-12-2008 20:21
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

People would rather see Hush mainly because his costume, motives, etc, do not require too much change to fit into Nolan's universe. Plus, there's also that inconceivable idea of 'opinion'...

RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 17-12-2008 18:45
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

I've obviously not been around too much recently - I've just seen we have a Batman 3 thread, and I thought it was daft! But then I remember the discussions (arguments) that broke out on these very boards when Heath was cast as Joker (how very wrong practically everyone was). By the time I saw the Dark Knight at the Imax in Waterloo (at midnight on release day), the thread had about 60,000 views and 500 replies!

Re Batman 3 - I'd love a Robin Begins take on it. Seriously I would. But I suspect most won't agree (even Phil - he used to Robin but now he's Batman). For me, there are a lot of picks before I'd choose Hush, but I'd have needed about 10 guesses to pull Ra's Al Ghul out of the bag for Batman Begins.

BatSymbol2
Edited by real-dark-knight on 17-12-2008 18:49
Message Send Private Message
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 17-12-2008 21:28
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

real-dark-knight wrote:
I remember the discussions (arguments) that broke out on these very boards when Heath was cast as Joker (how very wrong practically everyone was). By the time I saw the Dark Knight at the Imax in Waterloo (at midnight on release day), the thread had about 60,000 views and 500 replies!
BatSymbol2

Ahhhhh.... Good ol' days. I look forward to defending the poor soul they cast in the next one lol

The more I think of it, the more I want Riddler in the next one lol I know everyone wants an unknown villian, but I think the idea of a sly, highly intelligent villian who can do things subtly.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 18-12-2008 14:59
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Mittens2317 wrote:
People would rather see Hush mainly because his costume, motives, etc, do not require too much change to fit into Nolan's universe. Plus, there's also that inconceivable idea of 'opinion'...

The inconceivable idea of 'opinion' was shown throughout my post. I thought I had made it clear I was expressing my thoughts on Black Mask. I said I didn't get Hush, and that I'd prefer Black Mask. Which is just my opinion. If I didn't make it clear then my apologies.

I'd actually say Hush's motives and look are no less far fetched than Black Mask's. The main appeal about Hush for me is The Riddler, but I personally don't like the character and think there are more interesting characters to use in any potential sequel.
Edited by Batkilt on 18-12-2008 15:02
RE: Batman 3: A Shockingly Original Topic!!! - Posted on 18-12-2008 17:52
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

hey real-dark-knight, i would LOVE to see a robin begins. lol. i'll be robin-movie supporter forever, haha.

if they did a movie loosely based on dark victory, it would be like my favorite, lol. they would have to explore dick grayson's character a little more though..

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

Awesome! Awesome! 0% [No Votes]
Very Good Very Good 0% [No Votes]
Good Good 0% [No Votes]
Average Average 0% [No Votes]
Poor Poor 100% [1 Vote]

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.