Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Academy Disqualifies The Dark Knight Score - Posted on 13-11-2008 10:39
User Avatar jondoe297
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

So what does everyone think of the Academy decision to disqualify “The Dark Knight” Score from the nominations…

http://www.variet...1982&cs=1

I think it bizarre that in this day and age, when 80-90% of film scores produced have more than one composer contributing? Even if its conducting duties, most get a mention when they add or adjust score cues.

Han Zimmer has a team of composers working for him and a lot of these guys add technical additions to scores or write small segments 30-60 seconds.

They should be looking at the score as part of the movie and how it elevates the experience… not that more than two composers wrote a few cue’s…

It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me.
jondoe297@live.com http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Academy Disqualifies The Dark Knight Score - Posted on 13-11-2008 16:54
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

First I've heard of this, not that I keep that close a track on the Oscars anyway. It largely sounds like a policy that is prone to miscommunication, and ought to be reviewed. Not just because it was the Batman soundtrack, but this just doesn't sound structured correctly.

How far away from nominations are we? I will be interested to see what if any the Dark Knight gets.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Academy Disqualifies The Dark Knight Score - Posted on 13-11-2008 17:42
User Avatar jondoe297
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Agree, it defiantly needs reviewing... I've been a long time follower of film score's. Heck it was Han Zimmer's Broken Arrow and Crimson Tide score that got me into it. I've always looked closely who's helped with the scoring and like I said 80-90% of score’s these days have multiple contributions...

Also Warner Bros. Pictures has launched a "For Your Consideration" website for The Dark Knight, Oscar considerations. which includes a fully down loadable script for the film!

http://warnerbros...deration/

It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me.
jondoe297@live.com http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Academy Disqualifies The Dark Knight Score - Posted on 28-11-2008 13:20
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

There's a pole at the imdb.com homepage concerning this. I don't know if it'll have anything to do with the Academy's decision, but ya can at least vote I guess.
RE: Academy Disqualifies The Dark Knight Score - Posted on 29-12-2008 00:59
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Just thought I'd post in case anyone hasn't heard, that the Academy has decided to let the score be considered. Kinda old news, but great news.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.