Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 13 of 13 << < 10 11 12 13
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 12-11-2010 20:01
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Hope these are rumors. I'm hoping they won't have a love interest, we don't always have to have a love story in every movie. If there is some sort of "love interest" I hope it's not going to be something serious but rather a simple flirtatious sort of thing. A female villain? Maybe, depends on how it's handled. I'm down with Portman, Knightley or Weisz in the film though in some way.
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 14-11-2010 18:14
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I agree. Portman has been overused in this movie gerne so I won't even think about her.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 14-11-2010 18:18
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Btw, I had a very well supported theory I thought I should share. What if we're not understanding the source of the rumors? Not a female villain and love interest who apparently had a relationship and engagment to Bruce before he became Batman but what if that was all one person? Guess who? Not Catwoman. Not Talia. It all points to Phantasm.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-11-2010 13:06
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
Btw, I had a very well supported theory I thought I should share. What if we're not understanding the source of the rumors? Not a female villain and love interest who apparently had a relationship and engagment to Bruce before he became Batman but what if that was all one person? Guess who? Not Catwoman. Not Talia. It all points to Phantasm.

Sorry RBB, but Andrea Beaumont just doesn't fit in Nolan's continuity. Remember, Begins pretty well covered everything Bruce went through between his parent's death and his start as Batman. Don't you think Rachel or Bruce would have mentioned something about his engagment/girlfriend on the day of Chill's court hearing? It's pretty obvious in Begins & TDK that Bruce isn't seriously interested in anyone other then Rachel. Andi just wouldn't fit in. Bruce can only have one first love.

It sucks, because Andi's always been my favorite of Bruce's love interests, but there's no way they're fitting her in in a way that does the relationship justice. Hopefully they'll fit her in a live action movie some day, but I don't think it'll happen in this run.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 16-11-2010 13:07
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-11-2010 22:39
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

If anyone is or should have a love interest. It's gonna be me as Oswald's. End of story.

ANYWAY....*coughs*

At this point, Bruce is still going to be mourning Rachel's death & going to be too busy running from the GPD as Batman to have any kind of relationships.

MAYBE if they play the Catwoman angle SOMEHOW that is not romantically involved but still perks Batman's interest in way, they could roll with that. I guess, if they can get away with it in a reasonable & believable manner.

But as Raz said,

Remember, Begins pretty well covered everything Bruce went through between his parent's death and his start as Batman. Don't you think Rachel or Bruce would have mentioned something about his engagment/girlfriend on the day of Chill's court hearing? It's pretty obvious in Begins & TDK that Bruce isn't seriously interested in anyone other then Rachel. Andi just wouldn't fit in. Bruce can only have one first love.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-11-2010 23:33
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

my bet's on sarah essen (for gordon) or vicky vale - don't think bruce will be diving into any relationships though...if vicky's in, she'll probably just be obsessed with batman/bruce wayne or something like that.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-12-2010 16:30
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

It's been fascinating reading through this thread.

All of it reminds me of the excitement (and endless speculation) that came before The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger would be a REALLY bad Joker etc etc!). The most impressive thing that came out of it was the fact the film Nolan delivered, not only met most people's extremely high expectations, but (in this humble poster's opinion) went way beyond them!

I hope Batman III does exactly the same. It's difficult to doubt Nolan after everything we've seen so far.

For the record, I like Natalie Portman!

BatSymbol2

Message Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-12-2010 23:46
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Here's a fun read... http://www.comicb.../?a=26520

It probably isn't true but still a fun idea.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-12-2010 11:10
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

BOF has confirmed that any plot detail "leaks" at this point are false, and the polt-hole about Hugo being Scarecrows boss in Begins is a dead give-away.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-12-2010 15:43
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

man, that sounds awesome though. hahaha, i'd love to see a bat-movie with those characters.

i'm still putting my bets on hugo strange being in the dark knight rises. i mean who else could they use that is nolan-friendly, and capable of being the main villain?

RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-12-2010 17:17
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
man, that sounds awesome though. hahaha, i'd love to see a bat-movie with those characters.

i'm still putting my bets on hugo strange being in the dark knight rises. i mean who else could they use that is nolan-friendly, and capable of being the main villain?

I like the choice of characters, but the "plot" sounds like a bad fanfic. "epic fight scene with Talia on the rooftop of Wayne enterprise, a superb action scene with Killer Croc in the Narrows, and an awesome Black Mask confrontation at Arkham." It's like they put names of various Gotham Locales in a hat and pulled them out for each fight scene lol Plus, TDK didn't lean this much Begins, why do they expect the third movie to be so closely related to the first?

Also, I'd rather have Penguin instead of Black Mask and Catwoman instead of Talia.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-12-2010 03:20
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i think hathaway would be a good catwoman and give her a chance to break away from the usual roles she has been casted under, we never get to see her do anything evil. and black mask would work great with the whole mobster thing that they have been doing with the last 2 movies...but thats just my opinion.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-12-2010 03:31
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

penguin and catwoman! so nolan's batman returns? haha. didn't nolan say no penguin?

and i actually think the incorporation from elements in batman begins would be really cool to bring the two movies together. i mean the title itself, "the dark knight rises", is like an amalgam of "batman begins" and "the dark knight" anyway. i feel like seeing the nitty gritty parts of gotham city (narrows) would be fun to see again.

i've posted this before, but i still think this will be how it will go:
batman begins=dusk (brown/gold)
the dark knight=night (blue)
the dark knight rises=dawn (possibly red)

RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 18-12-2010 19:42
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
penguin and catwoman! so nolan's batman returns? haha. didn't nolan say no penguin?

and i actually think the incorporation from elements in batman begins would be really cool to bring the two movies together. i mean the title itself, "the dark knight rises", is like an amalgam of "batman begins" and "the dark knight" anyway. i feel like seeing the nitty gritty parts of gotham city (narrows) would be fun to see again.

Nolan said he wasn't big on Penguin, but that was almost 4 years ago now. Considering he wasn't big on using Joker in a movie when they were doing Begins, I'm pretty sure there's a good chance he could have changed his mind. And Tim Burton's Batman sure didn't stop him using Joker and Harvey in the same movie. I don't see why Returns would stop him.

I don't like the idea of Black Mask because he doesn't bring anything new to the table. Personality wise he's very similair to Eric Roberts' Maroni, and he looks pretty damn similair to TDK's Two-Face. The way I see it, Black Mask is the most redundant character they could pick at this point.

Basically. I like Penguin because he breaks the mobster mold they have so far. Falcone and Maroni were both classic-- and almost generic-- italian mobsters. Why bring in a third if you've already done it twice before? Penguin's "English gentleman" theme would deffinitely be a new direction.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 20-12-2010 20:41
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

How about Hush for the villain? Only problem I can think of is that he's a little new, which personally doesn't matter to me but the studios might want a villain more well known to the public. I don't know, just a thought. Like I've said I'm usually wrong about things so I don't really bother trying to guess who the villain will be and such. But Hush seems like a pretty good idea to me.
RE: The Dark Knight Rises Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 20-12-2010 21:31
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Detective wrote:
How about Hush for the villain? Only problem I can think of is that he's a little new, which personally doesn't matter to me but the studios might want a villain more well known to the public. I don't know, just a thought. Like I've said I'm usually wrong about things so I don't really bother trying to guess who the villain will be and such. But Hush seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Nolan is deffinitely a fan of Loeb's works. So using one of his original characters could work. Only problem is, without having Jason Todd as a red herring, it'll be pretty darn obvious that Tommy Elliot is Hush.

R.I.P. Heath
Page 13 of 13 << < 10 11 12 13
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

Awesome! Awesome! 100% [1 Vote]
Very Good Very Good 0% [No Votes]
Good Good 0% [No Votes]
Average Average 0% [No Votes]
Poor Poor 0% [No Votes]

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.