Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 5 of 13 << < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > >>
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 11-01-2010 17:57
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Raz hows this

TITLE: LEGEND OF THE DARK KNIGHT
VILLAINS: PENGUIN AND RIDDLER
PLOT POINTS:
1) PENGUIN TRIES TO TAKE OVER GOTHAM'S MOBS USING BUSINESS SAVY BY TRYING TO BUY MOB RUN BUSINESSES, RIDDLER USES BLACKMAIL TO GAIN CONTROL OF THE CITY GOVERNMENT BY SENDING CITY LEADERS RIDDLES OF WHAT HE MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM.
2) A FIGURE HIDES IN THE SHADOWS STILL DISRUPTING CRIME IN GOTHAM OUICKLY AND QUIETLY, SOME THINK ITS BATMAN OTHERS DON'T BECAUSE OF THE PUBLIC'S MISTRUST OF HIM AFTER WHAT HAPPEND IN TDK.
3) A LOW LEVEL STREET MOBSTER NAMED MATCHES MALONE TRIES TO JOIN FORCES WITH PENGUIN AND RIDDLER...TURNS OUT HE IS WELCOMED IN BOTH AT THE SAME TIME
4) ONCE HE GETS ENOUGH EVIDENCE AGAINST BOTH, BATMAN COMES BACK OUT INTO THE OPEN AND FOIL THE PENGUIN'S PLOT TO CONTROL ALL GOTHAM'S MOBS AND RIDDLER'S PLOT TO GAIN CONTROL OF GOTHAM'S GOVERNMENT

THE END

:
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 11-01-2010 20:24
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Zsasz had a cameo in Batman Begins if Im correct... That guy would go very well with the nolanverse... that guys just as dark as the joker and if the right actor is chosen could make a very good movie villian

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 11-01-2010 21:28
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Then how about this for actors:

Phillip Seymour Hoffman-The Penguin
Johnny Depp-The Riddler
Senicio Del Toro-Mr. Zsasz

Zsasz can be an hitman that allies himself with Penguin
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 13-01-2010 19:39
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

yeah I like the hit man idea because in Gotham Underground thats kinda what he is.... a hitman that works inside prison.

Cody
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 13-01-2010 20:33
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Hey great minds think alike (people from Cleveland) and you just gave me another idea...Zsasz is going after Penguin meaning GCPD have to protect him because of his standing as a businessman in Gotham, all the while Batman is trying to find out about The Penguin's underworld connections...putting him in direct conflict with GCPD at least for the first part of Batman 3

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 14-01-2010 19:36
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Hey are you from Cleveland TN? Cleveland Ohio? Or Cleveland Mississippi? lol

Cody
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 14-01-2010 19:38
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I would like to see Batman having to deal more with Zsasz though.... That plot will put Zsasz where he will be dealt with more by GCPD

Cody
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-01-2010 00:51
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I don't think either Penguin or Zsasz would work as the main villain for this movie.

In The Dark Knight, Joker said "You've changed things, forever." This is basically very blunt foreshadowing that Gotham's criminal element has evolved into something out of the ordinary. Penguin and Zsasz are both very real world characters, so they just wouldn't fit in the direction TDK layed things out.

If you don't get where I'm coming from, imagine this; at the end of Batman Begins, Gordon brings up escalation. He says criminals might evolve to combat Batman better. He says "Take this guy. Armed robbery. Double homicide. A taste for the theatrical; like you. He leaves a calling card". He hands Batman an evidence bag. Batman flips the bag over to see, a joker card.

But then when you go to see the next movie, Joker isn't in it. Instead it's about Penguin and Zsasz. Kinda dissapointing, right?

They'd both work as supporting villains, but we need someone a little more out there to be the lead. Someone like Riddler, or maybe Bane.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-01-2010 07:44
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I agree with Raz. Gotham's criminals are evolving into something much more and now, it should be more of a challenge for Batman. With Gotham's citizens doubting Batman and hating him, Batman only has maybe a couple of people (Gordon & Alfred) on his side.

Gotham is vulnerable to any threat and Batman is now under a lot of stress: Rachel's death, Gotham hating him, hating himself for screwing up with not being able to save Dent, etc.

Bringing in The Riddler would be a very wise choice at this point. Joker's left a giant mess of puzzle pieces laying on Gotham's floor, why not bring in the next big theatrical villain? Would make for good suspense on Riddler's part, he has the art of intelligence and a great wit to match.

Much like the Joker, Riddler should have no back story. He possibly wouldn't be seen until twenty or so minutes into the movie. Give the audience an EPIC plot twist!!

A theatrical: You didn't see this coming!

Okay, I am adding too much to Riddler's ego, so I am not going to say anything further.

XD LOL!!

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 15-01-2010 07:45
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-01-2010 11:03
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@boywonder93...Cleveland Ohio
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-01-2010 11:26
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Raz and Erin...although I see your point about having a somewhat over the top villain like Riddler as the main villain in Batman 3, but if you remember BOTH Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had two villains; one over the top, one somewhat under the radar.

Batman Begins: Scarecrow (Top Villain)/Ra's Al Ghul (Under the Radar)
The Dark Knight: Joker (Top Villain)/ Two-Face (Under the Radar)

Yes I know Harvey was a good guy for most of TDK, but when he did become a villain it was not as over the top as Joker.

So I feel Batman 3 can have Riddler as Top Villain; coming to Gotham to pickup where Joker left off. The Penguin then can come in late in the movie not as the Penguin but as Oswald Cobblepot "businessman" with mobster ties and start taking over the businesses from the Gotham mob and try to destroy Gotham from within.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-01-2010 13:24
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i think riddler deserves an origin. with joker, the mystery makes him a cooler character...but with all other villains, i feel like they need an origin; otherwise we might not care for them.

for riddler...since he's a villain who commits crimes, and leaves a trail behind to let people know he was responsible for them...there needs to be a story. otherwise, he'll just seem like a big douche-bag. we need to see his motives, and feel somewhat sympathetic...kinda like what they did with harvey in the dark knight.

in nolan's gotham, no one is really pure evil, or pure good. it's all screwed up. everyone has a reason to be good, and a reason to be evil.

joker's motives were merely from philosophical beliefs...he was questioning batman's existence with his crazy acts...trying to prove that all people can be corrupted. since that has already been explored, i think riddler needs to be a totally different kind of villain. a character with a backstory who we might feel sorry for, but not agree with.

bane would be nice. the REAL bane. the criminal mastermind bane. not stupid giant monkey bane as shown in batman & robin.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 15-01-2010 15:21
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Phil, how about this for a back story for Riddler:

Edward Nigma is the middle child of three and has always been fond of Riddles. He is a dedicated student and gets A's on all his tests, his older brother is even smarter always on Deans List at school etc...his sister is athletic, on numerous teams at school. Parents are always saying "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister?".
He tries playing a sport but is too clumsy so he washes out on his first tryout.
He then reads in his town newspaper about a gameshow for teens (Junior version of Who wants to be a Millionaire) holding auditions for contestants, so he goes and takes the test, gets on the show and between audition and show taping day which is 6 months away reads everything he can on every subject and just studies his heart out.
Disaster happens at the taping, he misses the first question and humiliates not only himself but his family.
He becomes unhinged and steals the million dollar prize money and tries to get away only to be caught at the studio door. He gets put in a mental hospital because of him becoming unhinged. His family shuns him and one thing the doctors notice that keeps Edward Nigma grounded is his love of Riddles

I know it's a stretch but what do you think of this back story for the Riddler?

RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-01-2010 19:31
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

@Buckeye - "Edward Nigma is the middle child of three and has always been fond of Riddles. He is a dedicated student and gets A's on all his tests, his older brother is even smarter always on Deans List at school etc...his sister is athletic, on numerous teams at school. Parents are always saying "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister?"."

That sounds great, everything else below that though I didn't like for a Nolan movie.

Btw, I forgot to mention I would love that idea somebody had about Oswald "Penguin Cobblepot" to become (got the name from always wearing black and white) the next big mob boss after the previous mob boss took an overdose.

Maybe instead of an overdose, Riddler could try to make some bizarre point by killing him? It could be that some man sends tons of letters to the newspaper and recieves them as another identity which he isn't aware of, Edward Nashton. Edward has no choice but to publish them as his editor allows him to. Later, the MCU would get involved. As Jim does research, he discovers that this guy sending letters isn't new. Jim finds a secret bundle of stuff from this guy sending the letters in a box of Gillain Loeb's stuff. He figures out that this guy is sending a letter per year to GCPD, and this year is the first year they don't get one... Why? Because this guy sending the letters doesn't think Jim Gordon is ready for this. So he is sending them to the newspapers, and not only once a year, but once a week. Batman figures this out and gives some tips to Jim Gordon about it. Jim would tell him about how there were so many other threats on peoples' lives that happened and the killings were ignored and covered up.

GORDON
(to Batman)
You know, we need you back there...

I also have an idea for another scene. Edward Nashton has just been forced to publish another letter from the mysterious writer saying that if Batman doesn't reveal his identity, Edward Nashton will die, and then the writer will reveal his identity to the world. Right now, Batman is going after the writer whom has revealed where he wants Batman to go in order to give himself up to the police after revealing his true identity. Batman has also figured out that Edward Nashton IS the writer/Riddler. It's near the ending and it's just about the last scene we'll see Riddler in...

EXT. CRIME ALLEY -- NIGHT
-tons of cops are outside of the abandoned opera building, ignoring JIM GORDON in Crime Alley with BATMAN.

BATMAN
Where's Nashton?

GORDON
I got my men to look for him over at the Gotham Times building... You were right... He's in there... You sure you're going to be alright?

BATMAN
You can count on it.

GORDON
You know, Gotham may be against you... But I never have. I've known your motive, and despite the fact that I'm not sure what it really is that divides you from the ones we lock up... When you come back... We'll be here, waiting.

BATMAN
I'm not coming back, commissioner...

Maybe Riddler's intentions could be good to some Harvey Dent standards but over the limit to Gotham's??

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-01-2010 22:19
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

You guys may hate me for saying this but although I'll be pleased with any new Batman movie no matter what villian is the main villian in it. I'm not wanting to see Ridler. The guy's over rated. He's one of the most over rated villian in any comic book.

Cody
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 16-01-2010 22:41
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

OMG...I am loving the fact that Ozzy is being brought into these ideas of being one of the new mob bosses for Batman 3.

*sits on Ozzy's lap happily* <3

BUT...how is Riddler overrated? XD I don't get it. I really don't. O.O Riddler is perfect to be next in line for Batman 3. And from the comic books I've read or looked at, I don't find him to be overrated at all.

You know, I am usually upset at people for saying something offensive towards Ozzy. NOW I am defending Riddler?

BTW, I am staying on Ozzy's team and staying neutral in this discussion.

*hides behind Ozzy*

LOL!!

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-01-2010 10:36
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I just find him over rated because there's never been any major events that have really invovled him in the Batman comics........ that I know of anyways. The only major thing (wasn't even that major to me) that I've read anytime that invovled him was the Gotham Knights storyline that was about the return of Hush. The only thing that interested me then was that he was kinda a part of the events that drove the Joker to insanity.

I would much rather see Penguin or maybe even Black Mask take on the role as main villians

Maybe even Black Mask and Penguin could have a gang war over whose going to control the mobs with all the big mob heads being gone.

Cody
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-01-2010 14:10
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

boywonder93 wrote:
I just find him over rated because there's never been any major events that have really invovled him in the Batman comics........ that I know of anyways. The only major thing (wasn't even that major to me) that I've read anytime that invovled him was the Gotham Knights storyline that was about the return of Hush. The only thing that interested me then was that he was kinda a part of the events that drove the Joker to insanity.

I would much rather see Penguin or maybe even Black Mask take on the role as main villians

Maybe even Black Mask and Penguin could have a gang war over whose going to control the mobs with all the big mob heads being gone.

Ummm, what about Hush? Riddler was pretty important there. Plus Dini's run in Detective Comics, and a lot of other stories.

Basically, if you count characters with major "events" surrounding them, you only have Ra's (Legacy), Joker (Death in the Family), Black Mask (City at War), Riddler (Hush) and Bane (Knightfall). So, basically these are only viable villains, is that what your saying?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-01-2010 17:47
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

For the next one I think that Crispus Allen should be in it as I have said before and Denzel Washington looks perfect to play him.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Begins 3 Rumors and Ideas - Posted on 17-01-2010 18:59
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Yeah I forgot about Riddler playing a major part in the first Hush storyline....

Cody
Page 5 of 13 << < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

Awesome! Awesome! 100% [1 Vote]
Very Good Very Good 0% [No Votes]
Good Good 0% [No Votes]
Average Average 0% [No Votes]
Poor Poor 0% [No Votes]

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.