Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 14 of 28 << < 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > >>
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 08-11-2007 18:46
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

hartnet is too old for robin, nightwing is better
Danielle doesnt seem to have the raw sex appeal for ivy IMO. unless they start ivy really young
Marsden as Dent? yeah no thanks. plus we got a dent already, he doesnt seem to have the bad ass thing going on. he can probably be a good dent though, but thats it
Ben stiller in a batman movie? probably be turned into a big joke IMO
jET LI as ras? hmm, cant really see it bud, plus ras isnt a ''fighter'' like what li is. though it would be funny to see ras flipping artound everywhere
Beckinsale as selina. i can see it, but i cant see it. she can pull the look and the accent down great but ive just never been impressed with her acting. Theron is better, she can act and also has some similar features to selina kyle

jolie would be great, she can still kick ass(watch the wanted trailer, she doesnt really do any ass kicking, but she is still bad ass) but god damn, i dont want catwoman to be a little over 100 pounds

but how can you say theron doesnt have a catwoman body but go on to suggesting jolie mildmannered79? sorry but you gotta seriously look at some of jolies recent pics. unless if she gets her tomb raider figure back, no thanks

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 08-11-2007 18:48
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
All he needs is a slightly elongated nose and maybe webbed fingers like in Returns... Both features could easily be something as simple as a birth-defect.
no webbed fingers, sorry but thats a corny idea. make him just have a facination with penguins, the long nose, and instead as a waddle, give him a limp which looks like a waddle of a penguin, but not too over exagerated

i dont want thw mutant penguin from returns, penguin is supposed to be a well dressed mannered man, but is also a two faced crook, but not a black goo dripping freak

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 08-11-2007 21:51
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

jason bard- russel crowe
gangster(duscaine?)- denzel washington

i know duscaine was only in MoTB, but after seeing denzel's performance in american gangster, it got me wanting batman to make a bust on a druglord or something. man, it felt so good when he got caught by the cops...i dont know why, but it did. seeing batman bust him would be even better.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 09-11-2007 01:00
User Avatar MildMannered79
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

batboy99 wrote:

but how can you say theron doesnt have a catwoman body but go on to suggesting jolie mildmannered79? sorry but you gotta seriously look at some of jolies recent pics. unless if she gets her tomb raider figure back, no thanks

I didn't say Jolie had a better body. I said I could see her from the viewpoint of Selina's character. Jolie plays those types of roles in her sleep. Theron usually plays more innocent women. She occasionally plays more "vampy' roles, but I don't think she's suited for them. Don't get me wrong, I like Theron and thinks she's cute and all, but you need an actress with the body and who audiences are comfortable seeing in the role of Selina Kyle. I'm comfortable seeing Jolie as Selina, if she had a proper diet and trainer, she could put on weight and nail the physical side of the role. Jolie's figure has a better natural balance than Theron's, and looks better, IMO (though Jolie is now too skinny for me, as well).

I like Theron a lot, she's a great actress; however, sometimes actors don't always fit the roles they take. Aeon Flux was OK and Theron played the part all right, but that role needed an actress whose better suited for action and that type of character. Theron should stick to weighty dramas and romance pictures, where she always delivers stonger performances. Just because she's willing to play something, doesn't always mean it's good for the role.

Frankly, I'd go with Jolie over Theron, based on my own personal taste. But I think Ricci or some other actress in the same vein, which Jolie does fall into, would be a great fit for Catwoman. Catwoman should be played by a hottie, but not by a heavyweight actress, i.e.- Halle Berry (who's a good actress but should stay away from comic book roles). I wouldn't give this part to Jolie or Theron based on that statement alone. Ricci's a choice in the right direction. Beckinsale is a no-no for me as well, because I don't think she's been any good in any of the action roles she's had. I didn't like either of the Underworld films. If I had my choice, I'd go for an unknown or a lesser known actress. There are probably more than what I came up with or I was unsure about others, but when I can think of them, I'll post them.

My short list for Catwoman picks, so far:

Christina Ricci
Rosario Dawson
Eva Mendes

"...As a symbol, I'm can be incorruptable, I can be everlasting."- Bruce Wayne(Christian Bale) in Batman Begins
Edited by MildMannered79 on 09-11-2007 01:10
74651126 Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 09-11-2007 15:35
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Ricci, could pull it off, but more of a harley type, plus shes too short
rosario, only if they go that route whichi hope they dont
Mendez, shes basically only eye candy, nothing special with acting

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 09-11-2007 19:29
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

yeah but marsdon has that creepy smile when he lets his hair grow out...looks like a sexual preditor its funny so yeah i know they already have one but i think marsdon would do a better job in a miniacle way. danelle harris can pull it off shes not a bad actor and shes very attractive in one tree hill. and hartnet would make a great jason todd robin especially if they used him as grave robin from hush. (even if he wasent reall) actually he would make a good hush. and the ben stiller thing was just because he has that quarky thing about him...he can act if he really trys to. and u cant do a riddler without an odd actor and kate beckonsale has the body and we know she looks good in the cat suit... plus she looks like selina does in alot of the comics nowadays...IF ANYONE AGREES PLZ GIVE ME SOME SUPPORT ON MY CAST

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 10-11-2007 11:19
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

ok... well dent isnt supposed to have a sexual preditor smile, so no. if i h\d to choose a character for him, it would be hal jordon
I still cant see danielle as Ivy
Hartnett, i can handle
Hell no to stiller, im not saying he cant act. but he doesnt belong in any 'action-y' type movies. Riddler isnt supposed to be that comedic.
Kate beckinsale is still meh to me. shes got the looks and all, but i still dont like her acting

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 13-11-2007 08:15
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

ok ill give u the stiller one...but come on marsden can act and hes got the large creepy smile, the hair and im shure he can be a bad ass, harris is super sexy in one tree hill and thanks for agreeing with me on hertnett

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 16-11-2007 20:56
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i didnt say he couldnt act. but i just dont see him as Dent
and no to harris, shes average at best.

ok alot of people have been tryingto think of a 'left field choice' for selina, and the name mentioned alot is keri russell. what do you guys think of her? obviously not the most obvious choice but i dunno, i can kind of see it

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 16-11-2007 22:43
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

matt the bat webb wrote:but come on marsden can act and hes got the large creepy smile, the hair and im shure he can be a bad ass

I guess you're a fan of Batman Forever? That's the only depiction of him I can think of with an insane smile and wavy hair. In the comics and the cartoon he tends to keep a stoid visage, seldom frowning and much less often smiling, and he's depicted with black, curly hair.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 17-11-2007 10:41
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

also, i know alot of actors have more than one comic book role, but he's already in superman ya know. and his character wasnt that small. i think it would be kind of...i dunno, odd i guess to see someone from superman who plays a pretty big part(kind of) in the movie and then in another big part in batman, plus, he's cyclops

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 19-11-2007 08:43
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

yeah i really liked tommys depiction of 2-face or at least his look but it was carrys way of acting out the riddler that i really liked about the movie.
but yeah i can see why you guys would not agree with me on that role. it just seems to fit the way he acts i guess. god i hated the x-men movies they just didnt connect to me as a comic book fan. it killed the whole x-men comic line for me

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 20-11-2007 03:32
User Avatar MildMannered79
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

batboy99 wrote:

I'd say filmmakers disagree with you about Eva Mendes. She's been acting alongside of many of the industry's biggest talents in some pretty good films. I wouldn't think Mendes would be cast with these heavy-hitting A-list actors if she didn't have talent beyond her appearance. See We Own the Night or Out of Time to illustrate my point. She's the leading lady next to Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix. She's not just here to look pretty, that job is usually handed to Scarlett Johansson.

"...As a symbol, I'm can be incorruptable, I can be everlasting."- Bruce Wayne(Christian Bale) in Batman Begins
74651126 Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 25-11-2007 13:43
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

lame she is not a convincing actress at all and she comes across fake and stupid on screan

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 25-11-2007 18:41
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

MildMannered79 wrote:
batboy99 wrote:

I'd say filmmakers disagree with you about Eva Mendes. She's been acting alongside of many of the industry's biggest talents in some pretty good films. I wouldn't think Mendes would be cast with these heavy-hitting A-list actors if she didn't have talent beyond her appearance. See We Own the Night or Out of Time to illustrate my point. She's the leading lady next to Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix. She's not just here to look pretty, that job is usually handed to Scarlett Johansson.
scarlett can act. and just becuase shes worked with a-listers, doesn mean shes is a great actress, she isnt that bad, but she isnt a-list either

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 26-11-2007 08:31
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i agree and also think they should get a reletive unknown for catwoman instead of a big actress

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 26-11-2007 19:09
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

see, the thing is, the rest of the cast is pretty well known, maybe not all are household names, but they still are pretty big. and this isnt an issue of if or if not the unknown can act, its just their place in the movie. if the rest of the cast was fairly unknown or basically ''new'' then i'd say yes, but not in this case

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 27-11-2007 07:57
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

well why not this could be a great way to launch some actors. just like the guy who played scarecrow(i cant remember his name is 7 in the morning) he got noticed and i think he could win an oscor for acting with the degree of talent he has. hes much better then more well known actors, and before bb bale wasnt that famous.

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 30-11-2007 19:50
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

well as i said,its not that i wouldnt want unknowns, but look at the rest of the cast, all well known,cillian may have not be AS well known, but people still knew who he was(or have seen im in a few films before\wink

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 01-12-2007 22:27
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

yeah true but this could be an awsme way to get more unkonwns famous

Page 14 of 28 << < 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

Awesome! Awesome! 100% [1 Vote]
Very Good Very Good 0% [No Votes]
Good Good 0% [No Votes]
Average Average 0% [No Votes]
Poor Poor 0% [No Votes]

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.