Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 25 of 28 << < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 02:28
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

that sounds great but extemely complicated

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 11:54
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

You're probably right matt, so I think I have an idea that's less complicated,,,As the film opens, Gotham City is being terrorized by a Bat like creature and everyone including the GCPD thinks it's Batman. The news of this brings Bruce back to the city and he finds out that the creature is a Dr. Kirk Langstrom, who is doing research on bats and their use of sonar because he is losing his hearing ans has developed a serum to enhance his hearing but the side effect is that he turns into a humanoid bat like creature.
Bruce tries to help Langstrom develop a serum to counteract the original serum and he does but Langstrom gets to like all the powers he has as Man Bat and stops taking the Waybe antidote.
Bruce tells him if he stays as Man Bat there will be no returning to human form.
Langstrom is unaffteced by Bruce's plea until Bruce convinces Langstrom's wife and child to talk to Kirk.
Kirk decides to stop taking the serum and take the antidote but it is too late because even after he takes the antidote he remains Man Bat which drives him over the edge and he is shipped off to Arkham.
Bruce then tells Lansgtrom's wife who has helped her husband in the past that he will help her try and make a sronger antidote as film ends.
THE ENDbatman
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 12:07
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

As much as I like that idea, I don't see the Nolans using ManBat. They didn't even make the Joker inexplicably permaclown (which I think would have made him creapier-> imagine the SAME acting, but with white skin that is a big grimy, like it's really his skintone).

Sum Nox!
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 16:29
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

If Nolan had done that, it would have been a rehashing of Batman 89 which I don't think Nolan wanted to do...saying that I think what might have worked is the character having albinoism and that's why his skin is white and he hates everyone because he was ostracized as a child because of it.batman
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 20:07
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Buckeye Bat wrote:
If Nolan had done that, it would have been a rehashing of Batman 89 which I don't think Nolan wanted to do...saying that I think what might have worked is the character having albinoism and that's why his skin is white and he hates everyone because he was ostracized as a child because of it.batman

No offence to albino people, but do any of us want to see Joker needing an parasol to go outside?

The reason Joker wasn't perma white was simple, my friends. Joker's first ten years of existence had no origin or explenation for his skin condition. Nolan wanted to do the same thing, but if he put a permawhite Joker in the movie then the audience would want and explenation. So to maintain Joker's zero origin status, Nolan gave him make-up. That way he can look like a clown but still be a mysterious character.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 06-01-2010 20:09
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 21:30
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I am not albino but...

there is nothing wrong with taking an umbrella outside when it's sunny out. The sun can get on you and if your skin is sensitive to the sun, you can get a sunburn. And when it's raining, it stops you from getting soaked and getting a cold. And I GUESS you could take it outside if it's snowing lightly, stops from getting the snow on you and making you more cold than you already are.

God lord, do I feel bad for the person who has to....

*looks at Ozzy*

Oh.

Well...um...moving on then...

I do agree with Raz. The Joker is supposed to be mysterious. Besides, I like the way Nolan did the Joker. The make-up scattered all over the Joker's face was creepy enough. It was all cracked looking and stuff. Awesome!!

BATMAN 3

Anyway, Man-Bat would require CGI or something. These films need more live-action acting. And let's keep in the realm of possibility. In any case, I am hoping Riddler will be our next villain. Riddler would be the next biggest, popular villain amongst our general public.

And as far as I am concerned, Harvey Dent ISN'T dead or that's what I am hoping. I am hoping that fall hit him in the head bad enough to knock him out for at least several days. And the truth was hidden to protect Harvey's "White Knight" reputation.

Alfred tries to help Bruce cope with Rachel's death and tries to keep Bruce motivated to keep up his public appearance and stay as Batman, despite Gotham hating him. On the flip side, Gordon is going to secretly help Batman and tell him despite Gotham hating him that there are some people out there who still have hope. Gordon hopes that Batman will stay in Gotham, to protect the city.

BATMAN 3 should be a bit more darker and slightly airy, almost a combined combo of Begins & TDK. What they need to do is not to out perform Heath Ledger but to uphold the movie's story line and keep it in the direction it needs to go.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 06-01-2010 23:16
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Razhwurz wrote:
Buckeye Bat wrote:

No offence to albino people, but do any of us want to see Joker needing an parasol to go outside?

The reason Joker wasn't perma white was simple, my friends. Joker's first ten years of existence had no origin or explenation for his skin condition. Nolan wanted to do the same thing, but if he put a permawhite Joker in the movie then the audience would want and explenation. So to maintain Joker's zero origin status, Nolan gave him make-up. That way he can look like a clown but still be a mysterious character.

I stand by my opinion. Permaclown Joker NO reason given- EXACTLY like the first decade of the character. He just IS and is downright very, very dangerous. Done right (Burton's Joker was too pristine), it could work VERY well.
Oh, and in TDK, they DO feel a need to explain the face make-up. On the roof, at the beginning, the 2 masked guys on the roof talk about his "warpaint" (just before one shoots the other).

Enough on that . . .
On to Batman 3!

Sum Nox!

Edited by Tartan Jack on 07-01-2010 08:25
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 07-01-2010 11:10
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

You're Right Jack, and the biggest questions for the next movie are What are the things that would bring Bruce back to Gotham....my answers would be someone is tryng to take over Wayne Enterprises and destroy the Wayne name, someone is trying to find out Batman's true identity or Gotham has gotten so bad the police ask for Batman's help, because there is a female vigilante in the streets of Gotham.

My answers would be :
First Question-Black Mask
Second Question-Riddler
Third Question-Catwoman.

I'm not saying you should do all three in one movie but maybe #1 and #3.
batmanBatSymbol2batman

RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 07-01-2010 12:49
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Tartan Jack wrote:
I stand by my opinion. Permaclown Joker NO reason given- EXACTLY like the first decade of the character. He just IS and is downright very, very dangerous. Done right (Burton's Joker was too pristine), it could work VERY well.
Oh, and in TDK, they DO feel a need to explain the face make-up. On the roof, at the beginning, the 2 masked guys on the roof talk about his "warpaint" (just before one shoots the other).

Enough on that . . .
On to Batman 3!

Saying "He wears make-up" is a long way away from saying "He fell into a vat of chemicals which bleached his skin white."

then again, they could have done a scene in which characters speculate why his skin is bleached, too. But I honestly think it would detract from the character to have him a comic book monster instead of a human being.

And Buckeye, I don't think Bruce is leaving Gotham anytime soon. He may become more reclusive, but Batman is Batman. No matter what stands in his way Bruce will continue to do the right thing until his body is broken and useless.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 07-01-2010 14:39
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

You're right Raz,...but another way Bruce can go missing is just to not show his face in Gotham for awhile until the fervor about Batman cools off...But I think the other parts of my plot would work

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
r
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 16-01-2010 02:46
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

screw it lets get jason todd or hush as the next villians and was it shown that bruce ever left gotham at the end of tdk?

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 16-01-2010 15:17
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Matt, it was shown that Batman was riding into the sunset and if neither Batman or Bruce show their faces in Gotham it can be THOUGHT that Bruce and Batman left even if he hadn't
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 16-01-2010 18:22
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Buckeye Bat wrote:
Matt, it was shown that Batman was riding into the sunset and if neither Batman or Bruce show their faces in Gotham it can be THOUGHT that Bruce and Batman left even if he hadn't

That wasn't the sunset, that was a streetlight.

Isn't it kind of contradictery for Batman to dissappear? In the words of Gordon, they'll "hunt him... because he can take it. Because he's not a hero, he's a silent gaurdian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight."

I think the whole point of TDK was that Batman would continue fighting crime despite the toll it takes on him. Because that's what it means to be a gaurdian.

I can deffinitely see a return to the covert, "demon of the night" style of attack from Begins. But I doubt Batman will risk a giant crime wave to hide out for a while.

Back on subject.

I know no-one wants Ivy, but I was just thinking, IF she was in a movie, I'd like Tricia Helfer to play her. Have I mentioned that before?

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 16-01-2010 18:52
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

@Razhwurz - (about Batman fighting crime despite it all) I couldn't have said it better myself...

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 25-01-2010 22:00
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Raz, we all know what type of physical toll Batman takes on but what about the emotional toll it takes on Bruce....especially after TDK and what happend to Rachel and Harvey, I think he should go see some sort of Dr. (Villain Unveiling Ahead) and he could see the best new psychiatrist in town: Dr. Hugo Strange as played by Bob Hoskins
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 12-02-2010 00:50
User Avatar jaredpresley
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

This is random, but I think Michael Emerson would be a good Riddler. If anyone has seen him on LOST, you can tell he can play a cool villian.
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 12-02-2010 10:35
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Not bad but I think Emerson would be better as Mr. Zsasz, he just has that creepy serial killer look
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 12-02-2010 19:44
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Hmmm... I like it. He looks a ton like Zsasz but he's my Riddler for the Nolanverse, since Nolan already used Zsasz.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 13-02-2010 18:50
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

It was only in a quick cameo, so why can't he be in the next movie as a secondary criminal...not arguing just wondering why not
RE: My ideal casting for the future movies!!! - Posted on 15-02-2010 19:33
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Yeah Im wanting to see him as a secondary villian also Buckeye, he's the second most violent villian in Batman comics that appears reguraly

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
Page 25 of 28 << < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

Awesome! Awesome! 100% [1 Vote]
Very Good Very Good 0% [No Votes]
Good Good 0% [No Votes]
Average Average 0% [No Votes]
Poor Poor 0% [No Votes]

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.