Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 11-04-2006 12:49
User Avatar jaredpresley
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I think this was a good movie, just not a good BATMAN movie. I'm a fan of Tim Burtons, so I like all that weird stuff he did. I notice batman fans who arent burton fans hate the film.
It is the darkest to date, and while the flaws are more visible in the batman begins era, I still respect the film. The film is not so much about batman as it's more about a dark era in gotham. Tragic movie, (Not meaning a bad movie, but tragic things happen in the movie)
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 11-04-2006 15:51
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i think the same way

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 12-06-2006 06:57
User Avatar MANVERU
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

hm, somepoints I aggree with there.
However, I thought the whole darkness to it, really showed us what Batman is truly about.
BR to this day is still my Favourite Bat-film.

Tim Burton truly is a God. It's a realy shame that he didn't play a big part in the next two that followed.

RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-01-2007 22:39
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I loved tim Batman movies. yeah iy had its up and down parts but way better than BF and B&R which was a disgrace to be called batman.

Thank God we have Batman Begin to fix the major mess of the last 2 movies.

Btw Tim batman was the best!!!
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 28-01-2007 22:29
User Avatar batmania
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

haha, I can soooo remember being shocked out of my little mind when Batman tore his mask off at the end. I was like woah! But then it turned out that he wasn't the real bataman...just bruce wayne dressed like batman.

wink

Who let Vickie Vale in the batcave?
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 28-01-2007 23:04
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The thing that I hate about people who don't like Returns is how they're so sure that there is no way Batman would be so violent, but all you have to do is watch the two Burton movies and think; and you'll see that there is an excelent escalation.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 29-01-2007 10:14
User Avatar Bat-Man
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I love at the end when Penguin rises from the water and is severely bleeding and that grotesque black bile is gushing out of his mouth. Also when he eats that big raw fish Max gave him. And Michelle Pfieffer is the best Catwoman ever she is so sexy, sensual, and erotic.

"I Am Vengeance I Am The Night I Am Batman"
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 29-01-2007 15:04
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Well, interestingly enough, Burton didn't even consider Batman Returns a sequel. His intention was to sort of redo the first film and improve it, with The Penguin trying to run for mayor and make Batman look bad in the public eye, similar to The Joker during his Hubba, Hubba, Hubba, Money, Money, Money, Who Do Ya Trust? parade. Of course, Burton couldn't help but incorporate all of his signature elements in any way possible; it's almost surprising we didn't get some creepy claymation. So in that way, he was almost being sort of selfish with creating his own vision and making Batman fit the Burton mold. But overall, I really enjoyed the film and look back fondly on it.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 29-01-2007 21:02
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i know many people dont like it but BR is one of my all time favorite films,more than BB but tied with the first batman(1989)

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 31-01-2007 18:30
User Avatar Bat-Man
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I think it was an Awesome Batman film way better then Begins and the schoemucker movies. Batman Returns is one of the best live action Batman movies.

RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 31-01-2007 19:57
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Cale, first; I believe he means that he considered it more of a remake than a repeat of the same film. As often times sequals are just the same movie regurgitated, and Burton wated a new experiance.

Second; whenever someone makes a movie, they almost always make the film they want to make. Sure they put some things in for the fans, but it's still their movie. Batman Begins is realistic because Nolan wanted a realistic film. Spider-man was based on the Goblin story arc because that's Raimi's favorite. The Second Star Wars trilogy sucks because that's Lucas' vision.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 31-01-2007 21:07
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i wonder what it would have been like if there had been the marlon wayans robin. i wonder if robin would be a black kid from then on. it would have been interesting. who knows?

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 31-01-2007 21:59
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I don't think Robin would look right if he were Black. The trademark of Robin's look is the messy hair, and as Black men have have fuzzy hair, it would be a hard sell.

The only way it would work would be to give him a Cowl, like Red Robin.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 02:17
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

All in all. Batman Returns is in the top 3 best list.
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 10:36
User Avatar batmania
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
The Second Star Wars trilogy sucks because that's Lucas' vision.

haha, soooo true

Who let Vickie Vale in the batcave?
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 10:47
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Pros: Michael Keaton, Batmobile, the small clip of where the suits are kept.

Cons: Shrek, Batman killing
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 11:09
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
Cale, first; I believe he means that he considered it more of a remake than a repeat of the same film. As often times sequals are just the same movie regurgitated, and Burton wated a new experiance.
Well, in all fairness, I didn't call it a "repeat." I said "redo," which would make enough sense, right? Smile They discuss this in my DC Comics: 60 Years book, so I'd be happy to look into that for the specifics if you're interested.

Razhwurz wrote:
Yeah, you're largely right. But my point remains essentially valid. Burton has a very signature style, to the point that you can easily identify many of his films simply by musical score and settings. When you're working with a pre-established character that's over 50 years old, you need to work within some guidelines. I personally think that Burton played by most of the rules, but some would say that he immersed himself too much in his own style. In effect, the film could be considered far too compromised and scream "Burton" rather than "Batman." As I already said, I really enjoy the film and actually have a hard time figuring whether or not I actually like it more than that of 1989. But I can certainly understand why people would consider it a good film but not particularly a good Batman film.

RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 12:24
User Avatar Bat-Man
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Bat-Man wrote:
I think it was an Awesome Batman film way better then Begins and the schoemucker movies. Batman Returns is one of the best live action Batman movies.
It's not a good Batman movie it's an awe-inspiring excellent Batman movie!

Pros: Everything some things were inaccurate but he made it work

Cons: A little cartoony, They didn't dye Michelle's hair to match her comic book counterpart,This was Tim Burton's last Batman movie

RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 13:37
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Bat-Man wrote:
Bat-Man wrote:
It's not a good Batman movie it's an awe-inspiring excellent Batman movie!

Pros: Everything some things were inaccurate but he made it work

Cons: A little cartoony, They didn't dye Michelle's hair to match her comic book counterpart,This was Tim Burton's last Batman movie
Am I detecting a case of split personalty disorder on our forum? :|

I wouldn't consider the fact this it was Burton's last Batman film a con against that very film, but to each his own. wink

RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 01-02-2007 13:49
User Avatar BlackJoker
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

BR was so awesome. The only con was that there were too many characters so the movie should have been a bit longer.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.