Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 10-10-2007 22:44
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Well, looking back on this whole thing I kinda realize I was quite a prick back then. Now I finally understand his logic (ease up guys, I said that I understand it, not that I agree with it) a bit.

Y'see, he was looking for something more toward 89's style, only more modernized. Instead of a comic booky action movie he got the opposite, a semi-realistic character piece. Now what sort of redeams B&R in his eyes could have been the fact that nobody on that project took the movie seriously. So BB had a chance of being great in his eyes and failed, where as B&R never stood a snowball's chance in hell.

That's all theory... But I think it's pretty acurate.

And batboy99, Batman has a thousand interpretations. Just because he doesn't like our vision of the character doesn't mean he doesn't graps the character.

P.S. God I was such a prick!

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 10-10-2007 22:47
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 11-10-2007 21:23
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i like just about everything in batman begins; all it needed was some detective work and more allies. since it's the early weeks of batman, i'm sure he didn't need to do much detective work. but you gotta understand that the martial arts aspect of batman wasn't really introduced, so i thank nolan for that. i'm sure he'll do the detective part in TDK.

anyways..batman begins gets a 5 for showing martial arts training.

call me crazy, but i give batman forever a 4.5/5. i actually thought batman forever was good. just forget that batman & robin ever existed; batman forever isn't even half as bad.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 11-10-2007 22:30
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Well, it's been over a year since I posted my opinions on the films, so here's how I feel now.

Batman Begins 5/5
Batman 89 4/5
Batman Returns 3/5
Batman Forever 3/5
Batman & Robin -5/5 if I'm taking it seriously, 3/5 if I'm watching it because I want to watch a bad movie.

I haven't seen an animated Batman movie in an age, so if I see them I might give you all an update, but from memory this is what I think my opinion is:

MotP 4/5
RotJ 4/5
SubZero 2/5

And fanfilms

Dead End 3/5 (For it's great props)
Legends 1/5 (sorry, didn't really like it)

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 19-10-2007 05:03
User Avatar Batfan27
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

I can't help it: BATMAN '89 is my favorite, and in my opinion, the best.

Not that BEGINS wasn't really good, but that movie is probably the furthest from the source comics of all the films, in terms of storyline specifics. However, BEGINS got closer to the actual tone of the comics than any of the other films.

And, of course, B&R is the worst. No surprise there.

Now, the great debate: which comes in 3rd place? RETURNS or FOREVER? RETURNS is definately a dark and moody piece, but pays a bit too much attention to the villians and not enough to Batman. FOREVER is lighter, with a more fun nature to it, as well as delving further into Batman/Bruce Wayne's psyche. However, FOREVER doesn't take the villians too seriously, notably Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face.

So, I guess as far as the live-action movies go:

1ST: BATMAN '89

2ND: BEGINS

3RD: RETURNS or FOREVER

4TH: RETURNS or FOREVER

5TH: B&R

As far as animated films go? PHANTASM is a masterpiece, definately one of the better animated films ever made. SUBZERO isn't too bad, but it suffers from weaker writing. MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN isn't great, which derives from a generally uninspired storyline and an overabundance of characters. RETURN OF THE JOKER was more or less dissapointing. I was actually pleasantly surprised with DRACULA, due to it's startlingly dark atmosphere and sometimes violent content.

I might as well talk about the other Batman movies. BATMAN '41, the movie serial, isn't too bad in terms of tone, but the racial slurs and overly-WWII driven storyline make it practically unwatchable. BATMAN AND ROBIN, the '48 serial, is better written, and certainly features a more interesting villian, but it's pretty dang cheap. BATMAN: THE MOVIE, the TV series spin-off, is of course a pretty fun flim for fans of the series, but again, a spin-off of the campy series.

That's my opinion, anyway.
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 19-10-2007 07:57
User Avatar Tom-Tom
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

wait, begins was further from the comics? who killed thomas and martha again?

Member of:
AFI
OAFE
Hall of Justice
BYTB
Figure Realm
The Everything Forum
TNI

Mod of:
Launching my own site.
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 19-10-2007 11:38
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Have any of you read the novel adaption to Batman Forever? I've consistently seen talk about how the editing and cut scenes really changed the movie. I personally don't care much for the movie, but the novel is much better. Not only does Bruce quit being Batman, but after he wakes up when Chase is kidnapped he doesn't remember Batman at all. It was cool twist. I would have liked to have seen that in the movie and less of the trauma of finding his father's journal.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 19-10-2007 16:11
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Yeah, I'm not to big on the whole "Batman's story was more loyal to the comics then Begins thing"... I'm not saying Begins was more loyal, I'm saying they both made many changes.

Ra's and Ducard were merged, but on the other hand Joker was changed from a lunatic mass-murder to a theatrical mob-boss.

Chill died instead of going Scot free, and Joker murdered Bruce's folks in 89.

Begins had Rachel, who wasn't in the comics, and 89 had Vicki, who shouldn't have come into the story until a few years later.

Batman Begins featured no detective training, but Batman 89 didn't mention training of any sort and it was sort of assumed that he was always a master of criminalogy and martial arts.

Both completely changed the Batmobile from what had been done in the comics.

So really I'd say they're a draw story wise, but that's just my opinion.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 19-10-2007 18:08
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 20-10-2007 03:36
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Begins and 89 are the best ones then comes returns.
But begins is number 1 in my book
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 16-09-2009 11:52
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

My ratings are as follows:

BATMAN BEGINS 5/5 (Great Batman Origin)
DARK KNIGHT 5/5 (Bale vs Ledger puts Keaton vs Nicholson to shame)
BATMAN 89 4/5 (Burton brought Batman back to his darker image)
BATMAN 66 3/5 (First Batman I ever saw, older I get funnier it gets)
BATMAN RETURNS 2/5 (Story was too convaluted)
BATMAN FOREVER 1/5 (Schmacher's first mistake was Kilmer, his second was trying to turn a serious series of movies into a live comic book)
BATMAN & ROBIN 0/5(Joel Schmacher completely destroys first series)

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me'-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 16-09-2009 12:51
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Buckeye Bat wrote:
BATMAN FOREVER 1/5 (Schmacher's first mistake was Kilmer, his second was trying to turn a serious series of movies into a live comic book)

I object to that. Comic books are more mature in storytelling and visually have nothing to do with Forever.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 17-09-2009 18:51
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Razhwurz, I understand you being upset about what I said and I apologize but I really was trying to equate Batman Forever with Batman 66. The only thing is Batman 66 was trying to be humorous in spots and was, while Batman and Robin wasn't trying to be funny and it was.

'I;ts not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 17-09-2009 19:45
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Buckeye Bat wrote:
Razhwurz, I understand you being upset about what I said and I apologize but I really was trying to equate Batman Forever with Batman 66. The only thing is Batman 66 was trying to be humorous in spots and was, while Batman and Robin wasn't trying to be funny and it was.

'I;ts not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman

I'm not upset lol, I was just saying that Forever was stylistically a far cry from modern comic books. In all actuallity, you were correct in saying he tried to make it comic booky, it's just that he was aiming for 50s & 60s comics than modern comics.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My Ratings For The Batman Movies I've seen 0 - 5 Batarangs - Posted on 17-09-2009 20:41
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Oooo....FUN!! XD

1. Batman Returns - w / 5 stars (Penguin was the best thing about this movie <3) *Gives Penguin hugs* <3

2. The Dark Knight - w/ 5 stars (Heather Ledger gave his best performance ever as the Joker)

3. Batman Begins - w/ 5 stars (Scarecrow was bad-ass)

4. Batman & Batman Forever - tied w/ 4 stars ( *shrugs* )

5. Batman & Robin - Pretty much was lame!! - _ -

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.