Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to new view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author Anthology Discussion Thread
shadowbat69

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 20-10-2005 17:42
i want to hear what everyone thinks about the the re-released films and their bonus features. i want to do my own personal fan review of each one after i view the entire 2 disks of each film. i have watched the entire Cenimatic History , but im going to keep my thoughts to myself on that until i have the time to type out all i have to say. i can say that it was an eye opener and gives me a new outlook on the last 2 movies.

so for now, post your reviews and thoughts.
Author RE: Anthology Discussion Thread
spencer1984

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 21-10-2005 08:49
Still shrink-wrapped at the moment...I probably won't get a chance to break into this set until this weekend. It was the last copy they had, though, so I didn't want to miss it.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 21-10-2005 08:55
No one has them around here.. and I man no one.. Best Buy only had a few, Walmart, Target, Kmart, none of them are carring them

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Caleson

Webmaster

Dark Knight

Posted on 21-10-2005 12:09
Wal Mart didn't have 'em. I'm gonna get it on Amazon along with the Begins Deluxe Edition anyway, much cheaper.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Darkest Knight

Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Posted on 21-10-2005 12:25
Batman III & IV SUCKED LARGE!
So, I will not be getting the Anthology.
How do you add a pic to your posts in this place?
*jlbatman*
shadowbat69

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 21-10-2005 14:59
Darkest Knight wrote:
Batman III & IV SUCKED LARGE!
So, I will not be getting the Anthology.
How do you add a pic to your posts in this place?
*jlbatman*

i want to know WHY you think this. i like to hear the reasoning behind why people absolutely dislike Forever and B&R.

do you plan on getting the 89 and Returns Special Editions?

and i have to say the bonus features on all the disks are worth the price.

Phil

Medal 
Vigilante

Posted on 21-10-2005 15:15
i liked forever, but the score was horrible and there was too many bright lights(didnt feel like gotham)..but i guess it was okay. if only they changed some stuff around....

and for B&R, i probably didnt like anything about it. and why was barbara alfred's neice??? she happened to have comissioner's same last name, but they werent related. lol, it was all so wrong...

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
spencer1984

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 21-10-2005 17:30
Caleson wrote:
Wal Mart didn't have 'em. I'm gonna get it on Amazon along with the Begins Deluxe Edition anyway, much cheaper.

I ended up getting my copy at Coconuts. They had a massive discount at the register, plus a $15 mail-in rebate, so it will actually come in under Amazon. None of it was mentioned until I got to the register, so I was pleasantly surprised.

This was also the only store I saw it at. Wal-Mart never had any that I saw, and their special edition Begins copies were gone the second day. The only things I'm seeing now are the Begins standard FS & WS.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
shadowbat69

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 21-10-2005 20:47
Phil wrote:
i liked forever, but the score was horrible and there was too many bright lights(didnt feel like gotham)..but i guess it was okay. if only they changed some stuff around....

and for B&R, i probably didnt like anything about it. and why was barbara alfred's neice??? she happened to have comissioner's same last name, but they werent related. lol, it was all so wrong...

actually her last name isnt Gordon in the film, its Wilson. Alfreds sisters married name. the reason they tied her character in that way is because they felt Pat Hingle (Gordon) was too old to have a daughter Alicias age. now, personally, i would have simply made her Gordons niece, but they wanted to tie in the whole "family" idea of the movie.

Phil

Medal 
Vigilante

Posted on 21-10-2005 23:35
ohhhh...well that just changes the whole story. and that kinda sucks. and wtc? alfred was like dying! lol. and he got healed with mr freeze stuff. kinda weird..

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 21-10-2005 23:42
spencer1984 wrote:

This was also the only store I saw it at. Wal-Mart never had any that I saw, and their special edition Begins copies were gone the second day. The only things I'm seeing now are the Begins standard FS & WS.

I'll mention this in the Begins thread, but yea, WB sure didn't send enough of the DE of Begins. Everywhere I looked they were sold out, and not hardley any of the Single discs were gone.

That and the fact that the Anthology isn't found anywhere but Circut City and Best Buy.. Once again WB is showing that they really don't care...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
ShadowZ

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 22-10-2005 21:45
The Best Buy in my hometown had all five Batman movies, but they didn't had the Anthology set when I got there on tuesday.
ShadowZero1927 Send Private Message
TheDarkKnight666

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 22-10-2005 22:28
i dont know if its like this for every DE box, but is you guys boxes holographic type? cuz mine is. when i tilt my head to the left i see only bats. when i look at in the middle its batman and the bats. and when i tilt my head to the right its just batman, i think its really cool, i got mine at best buy.....maybe thats why.....all you guys seem to get all your stuff at wal-mart.

Edited by TheDarkKnight666 on 22-10-2005 22:35
deadroses90 Send Private Message
Darknight

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 23-10-2005 00:37
TheDarkKnight666 wrote:
i dont know if its like this for every DE box, but is you guys boxes holographic type? cuz mine is. when i tilt my head to the left i see only bats. when i look at in the middle its batman and the bats. and when i tilt my head to the right its just batman, i think its really cool, i got mine at best buy.....maybe thats why.....all you guys seem to get all your stuff at wal-mart.

Wrong thread there, this is for the old movies from the 90's, but to answer your question: You got the Best Buy exclusive lenticular cover art, basically the same box as the other stores except they added the nift changing picture on the front. I pretty well only buy movies from Best Buy, so I knew this was coming.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
TheDarkKnight666

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 23-10-2005 01:49
i saw you guys started to talk about BB DE so i just posted my question here, thanks

deadroses90 Send Private Message
ShadowZ

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 23-10-2005 21:27
I pretty much watched every feature but the Cinematic history. Overall my opinions for each of the original Batman movies stayed the same. However, my opinion for Batman Forever has changed a bit, but not much (still liked BR better than BF). I didn't like how Schumucker and Barbara Ling envisioned Gotham.
ShadowZero1927 Send Private Message
Drunken Fist

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 24-10-2005 03:50
I've seen the box set at Target, Circuit City, and Best Buy (although Target only had a single box set). None of the three Wal-Marts had them, or the deluxe edition of "Begins." In fact, 1 Wal-Mart only had the full-screen version(ICK!!), and the other two had plenty of those and only a few widescreen versions. Target was out of deluxe editions, and had very few of the single disc versions. Ciruit City and Best Buy didn't have many of the deluxe editions, but they had plenty of the single disc versions, and several of the anthology sets.

I preordered mine from amazon ages ago, and for some reason, it took until Friday for them to arrive. Usually when I preorder something from them, I get it on the day of release, or even a day or two before. Dunno why I had to wait so long this time. I had to forego buying pretty much anything else this month to afford these, but it looks like it was worth it. Even though I dislike "Forever" and hate B&R with the intensity of a thousand blazing suns, the box set was priced too low to refuse, not much more than the price of the first 2 movies by themselves. Plus, I'm finding the extra features interesting on all of them so far. I have yet to watch any of the B&R extras yet, but I'm sure it'll be interesting to see some behind-the-scenes action of that trainwreck.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
drunkenfistboxer Send Private Message
shadowbat69

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 26-10-2005 10:48
i am no Batman expert by no means. I do not believe any one person is. I do consider myself quit knowledgable tho, and i must say that watching the Cinematic Saga has been very educational. First i have to say this, if you have not yet watched this feature, when you do, pay attention. Listen to what is being said by all that is being interviewd. There is a ton of information in this series that really clears up alot of the casting rumors, decisions, and direction in which they took the franchise. It covers the long road that had to be traveled in order to get Batman to the big screen in 89. It also tells of the people involved and what they had to do to convince the studio to make such a film. I also learned alot about Michael Uslan and what he brought to both the comic industry and comic "film" industry. I learned about the reasons why all 4 films had the looks that they had and why each one was different from the previous. And i will say i have a new outlook on both Forever and Batman & Robin. You need to get the basic "i hate Schumacher" attitude out of your head when it comes time to watch these chapters, and as i said, pay attention. There was alot of work that went into the design of these films. I will say however that there are a couple people that, to this day, still dont get what their roles were in these projects.

All in all i found this to be the best documentary for the Batman movies. It is a much watch for any Batman fan. I give it a 10/10.

Edited by shadowbat69 on 26-10-2005 10:49
The-Batman

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 26-10-2005 12:29
I plan just to get Batman 89 :bigrazz:

THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS NEED A BATMAN.
carzy_monkey@hotmail.com milesklipper www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
elvis

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 09-11-2005 16:36
THE BOX SET IS VERY COOL:yes::yes::yes::yes:so far i have seen Batman and Batman Retuns (but i havent heard the comentaries) and thay look not just awesome but they are very intersing!!! can wait to see the other 2 movies (personaly i enjoy all 4 of the movies just the same beleive it or not )!!!!Its sure is an exelent dvd collection!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.