Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 30-08-2007 17:14
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Hey guys, I have a question that's been sort of bugging for a few years now. Back in 2001, I was doing some research on Batgirl(Pretty much all verisons, more or less of the time) by using Google, and I recalled coming to a website stating that WB had at 1 point thought of doing a Batgirl flim that would of taken place after Batman And Robin. The script was written, Joel Shoemocker would of somehow been involved as well with Alicia Silverstone returning as Barabra Watson/Batgirl, and with the movie expected to come out in 1999, before the 5th Batman movie(Which would of continued the now old/orginal/1980's-1990's movie universe) would come out. It might have even been use to provide a Bat related film while the WB was trying to figure out how to handle Batman 5 and what not.

According to the website I went to, the story would of started with Barabra going to college outside of Gotham, probably even far away(I think I even recalled it saying that it might have been around the Calinforna State, though I could be wrong on that. It was years ago I read it). She doesn't take any of her Batgirl stuff with her, thinking that she wouldn't need it. However, murders soon begin to happen on her campus that almost suggest that the Joker is behind it, eventhough he died in the 1st movie. When she calls Wanye Manor for help, she gets Alfried, who ships to her the Batgirl suit and gear, as she tires and finds out who is trying to mimic the Joker(If I had to guess, this was probably going to be their way of bringing in Harley Quinn to the movie universe).

That's all I recalled as I stopped reading the site sometime afterwords, and figured that if I ever wanted to read it agian, I can just do a web search and find it. However, when I've used Google again and any other search engine since, I've never found the site ever again. And stupid me forgot to write down the web address as well.

So I was wondering if you guys ever heard about any rumors to this suppose Batgirl movie, and if there was every a Batgirl movie script that was submitted but never used? If anyone can find out, I would be greatful. Thanks.
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 30-08-2007 22:41
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It pretty much seemed that after every Batman movie there was talk of a spin off of some form. ou may have found something that dated back to '97 that had a proposal.

There were very strong rumors of a Catwoman movie in late 92 early 93 because of the success of Batman returns, but the movie never got off the ground. Until the Halle Berry movie.

This was probably a similar situation. I wonder how well a TV show would have done with that plotline. It could have been in the same vein as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 31-08-2007 19:44
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Silverstone was horrible as Batgirl and Batman and Robin got such bad reviews that I doubt anybody thought of spinning off a Batgirl film from that. I don’t recall any news of that nature back then either.

RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 31-08-2007 20:55
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

The version of batgirl in B&R was crap, but silverstone herself wasnt crap. Shes actually not that bad of an actress and i wish she had a better role, and that her hair was red but oh well
if they ever do a batgirl film, to be honest, i wouldnt mind alicia again but my personal choice is Alexz johnson or michelle trashtenberg

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 31-08-2007 21:27
User Avatar brucebatman3
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Yeah I didn't like the Batman & Robin Batgirl much either! But it wasn't Silverstone's fault that Batgirl was bad! I think given the right cast and crew, script, etc., she would have made a great Batgirl!
But a Batgirl movie would be great!

"I am vengeance, I am the night... I am Batman!!"
bruce_batman_3 Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 31-08-2007 23:47
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

ya exactly,plus silverstone is really hot still!!!!!

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 01-09-2007 00:37
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i personally didnt like her.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 16-06-2008 19:03
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

why is her last name watson?

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 16-06-2008 21:23
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It wasn't Watson, it was Wilson. It was because they changed the character to being Alreds Neice instead of Gordons Daughter.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 21-06-2008 15:10
User Avatar riddler2403
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

That really annoyed me that they changed Batgirl's last name. They should have left it Gordon.
http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 04-08-2008 13:03
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

everything about that movie annoyed me
but yah, she wasnt a good batgirl at all

the plot to this myserious "batgirl movie" sounds like it could be alright though...interesting
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 04-08-2008 20:17
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Sorry, but Batgirl in her own film is not going to be as big as you may think. The closest we came to that was Birds Of Prey with Barbara Gordon as Oracle and that lasted only one season.

RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 05-08-2008 01:49
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

glad this didnt happen.

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: Was There Suppose To Be Batgirl Movie? - Posted on 18-09-2009 17:34
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The closest thing that I can remember as a'Batgirl Film' was the 15 minute mini-movie the producers of the TV show made for the ABC network as a way to introduce Batgirl before she was on the show, I think it was supposed to be on just before the 3rd season started but it was never aired.

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.