Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 16-06-2008 11:54
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

I recently bought this and have yet to watch all of it. I know a lot of people call it bad and the worst batman movie ever made but i remember coming home from school and watching it every afternoon and thinking it to be good. Mind you this wasnt the original broadcast in the 60's. FX re ran the series in the mid 90's. I bought the movie depsite hearing the horrid reviews from people who arent really into batman who just watched it as casual fans. I just wanted to get everyones opinon on the movie and please no spoilers.
twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 16-06-2008 13:02
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It's campy and fun. They way Batman was back in the 60's. If it wasn't for the campy Batman, we wouldn't have The Dark Knight.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 16-06-2008 13:05
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

If you LIKE the 60s TV-show, you'll like the movie.
If the 60s TV show is like a dagger in the spine, you'll hate it.

It is essentially an episode with a MUCH bigger budget and larger cast.

-I enjoy it.

Sum Nox!
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 16-06-2008 14:02
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

Yea, like i have a odd range of batman. I love the campy 1960's stuff but absolutely hate most of the other movies. Only batman movies I love are Batman:Returns & Batman Begins. The dark knight looks to blow both of those out of the water since the clown prince of crime is in them. Yea, I'm really looking forward to seeing them.
twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 16-06-2008 18:56
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

My favs are Batman Forever and Begins, and soon for sure, TDK

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 17-07-2008 00:10
User Avatar Big Lester
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I love it reminds me of my childhood when it came out
Big Lester56 Send Private Message
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 06-08-2008 19:48
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Big Lester wrote:

Me too. Batman TV series was SO popular with me and all my schoolfriends. I still love it now - and I love the movie too.
Message Send Private Message
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 06-08-2008 20:06
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

You know, I haven't actually seen the movie. I guess that should be considered a sin.

Now like Holiday I watched the show on a FX around 94-95, when I was a little tyke. I didn't actually catch on to the campiness, I just knew it was a live-action version of Batman where he wore grey just like in the cartoon.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 06-08-2008 21:18
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Batman The Movie was in essence an expanded TV episode. Keep in mind that the TV series were cliffhangers and aired twice a week for the first two seasons. Batman The Movie was bigger and better with all four major villains in it. The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin and Catwoman, who was played by Lee Meriwether rather than Julie Newmar.

I’m old enough to have watched the Batman TV series and Batman The Movie when they first ran. I’ve had Batman The Movie on VHS and DVD for quite some time and have watched it a few times. For me it brings me back to a simpler time. Comic Books of the period were much lighter than they are today and that reflects in the TV series and the film. It’s camp and cheesy and downright silly, but it’s a lot of fun too. If you don’t like that style of humor you won’t like the film. Batman purists will scoff at it, but true Batman fans will embrace it for what it was, fun.

RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 18-09-2009 17:45
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Big Lester wrote:

I feel the same way, I was born in 66 so I never watched it first run, but when I was in elementary school a local TV station was showing it everyday at 4:30 pm and I watched it and of course I had a P.I.T.A. sister that is a few yrs older than me and made fun of me.

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me'-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 20-09-2009 21:39
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I own the Batman 1966 movie on DVD and watch it endlessly. I'm not from that era. I was born in 1988 and I was born into the Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin era. So I grew up with those. But I love the 1966 movie.

Burgess Meredith as the Penguin is what turned me onto liking the character so much. He was so wonderful at being the Penguin. And I loved everything about him. Especially the laugh.

Trivia note:the Penguin smokes those fancy cigarettes. Burgess Meredith had quit smoking but he needed to smoke the cigarettes to be the character. He kept coughing. So, instead of asking them to stop filming every time he coughed, he developed the laugh for the Penguin.

Just a tidbit for you fans out there!!

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Batman - The Movie (1966) - Posted on 03-06-2010 19:46
User Avatar DiscowingCanon84
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I have six words for you "Hand Me the shark repellent Batspray." Greatest Batman Line EVER Just kidding But the movie is okay.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.