Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 27-11-2005 20:01
User Avatar Tim Drake
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Out of Batman 89, Returns, Forever, B&R, Begins, and even the 60s Batman...which movie do you think had the best costume?

My opinion- The movies between Batman 89 - B&R all made the same mistake of making the ears on the mask too big (I caught myself sometimes mistaking them for horns) and thats one of the reasons why the design for begins is the best I think. The Begins mask also allows expression to somehow be shown so much through the mask and that didnt happen in any of the other movies. I wish the suit in Batman Begins looked more organic though and my idea of the best Batman suit for a movie would be- The Batman Begins mask cape and cowl because I prefer the cape to look more cloth like rather than looking like leather, Batman Begins gauntlets because in the movie they showed its purpose a lot better than they did in Batman 89 and plus the Begins version of the gauntlets protects your whole arm and not just the outer part, Batman 89s body suit, and for the symbol we can have it the way it is now in Batman begins until about like the 3rd movie and I think it`d be nice to see the traditional yellow one that we`re all used to...So what do yaz think?::thebatman2::

"Look, I never wanted this for myself...but I wanted Batman and Robin back together the way they should be. And if Dick won`t become Robin again...Someone else has to!" - Tim Drake, A LONELY PLACE OF DYING Chapter five: Rebirth
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 27-11-2005 21:08
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i liked the suit in returns the best. i dont know why...but i just do. yes...even more than the begins suit.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 27-11-2005 21:16
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well I think we all know that Batman has Body Armor of some kind. Batman Returns was obvious Body Armor and still one of my favorite Batsuits.

Batman Begins was also obvious Body Armor, but I did not like some of the styling in the lower chest / abdomen area. Especially the area just below the Bat, I just don?t like the look.

For ?Muscle Suits? I think George Clooneys blue Batsuit was really good too. The nipples were a bit much, but other than that it?s a solid Batsuit. It was better than Keaton?s original Batman Batsuit.

The Worst Batsuits have to be a tie with Kilmer?s ?Radar Suit? and Clooney?s ?Ice Suit?. They were way over the top over stylized and just plain gross.

RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 27-11-2005 21:34
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

they(radar suit n ice suit) wud be pretty cool action figures though. for kids i mean...they like colorful batmans. i dont know why...i always liked the original costumed action figures.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 28-11-2005 06:46
User Avatar Gothamite
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Favourite Suits

Batman Begins 'Nomex Survival Suit' (Easily the best and most frightening. I'll admit to not really liking the fancy 'six pack' on it, but they'll probably change that.)

Batman Forever 'Panther Suit' (Other than the nipples, this was a great suit)

Batman Returns 'Suit of Armor' (This was an almost robotic suit but it worked well)

Least Favourite Suits

Batman and Robin 'Anti-Freeze Suit' (A stupid suit that was only in the film to sell action figures. Silly and pointless. I'm only guessing that it was an anti-freeze suit.)

Batman 1966 Suit (A shaky old man with a body like a condom filled with oatmeal plodding around in tights. No thanks.)

Batman Forever 'Radar Suit' (I'm in a minority here. I don't like the colour of it or the logo. It was just boring as a suit.)

Batman 1989 Suit (I'm in a minority here as well, but Keaton didn't look cool at all in this suit, he always looked really ugly and as though he'd just gotten out of bed. The suit was also too big and looked like it was going to eat him. Especially the nose part of it.)

In the shadows I saw my destiny...
I would seek justice...
I would have my revenge...
gothamite27@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 28-11-2005 08:54
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I'd have to say the Begins suit, though I think there is still room for improvement in the cowl. The first Batman comics I read had longer ears, so that design is always going to stick with me as the "ideal." I'd also prefer a face cutout more like TAS, with a more squared-off design.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 28-11-2005 12:08
User Avatar Gothamite
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I loved the circular face cut out in Begins. It disguised Batman more.

I would seek justice...
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 28-11-2005 23:26
User Avatar Planet-man
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Batman '89 and Batman Begins are my favourite suits.

My least favourite is the silvery one at the end of B&R.

*jlbatman**jljoker*

Marge: Homer, I've got someone here who can help!
Homer: Batman?
Marge: No, a scientist!
Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: It's not BATMAN!!
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 29-11-2005 02:44
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Metropolitan wrote:
Batman 1966 Suit (A shaky old man with a body like a condom filled with oatmeal plodding around in tights. No thanks.)

Oh my God, that is just plain wrong!! :lol:

My favorite is the suit from "Begins," mainly because it allowed a greater range of motion than the others by far. This led to improved believability, and impressive fight scenes. the fights in the previous movies were downright pathetic. I like the fact that there is no bright screaming yellow target on his chest, too. Really, everything about this suit is an improvement on the previous ones.

Out of the previous movies, the regular suit from "Forever" is my favorite. It just looks impressive and heroic, for some reason, and I immediately loved it when I first saw it.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
drunkenfistboxer Send Private Message
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 29-11-2005 07:43
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

batman begins,batman 89,and the batgirl suit when she was on the bat cycle cuz the mask made it loook cool
::batgirl::
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 29-11-2005 10:29
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

my favorite by far is the 89 suit. it has a raw look to it. also the cowl is by far the most intimidating.

batboy, a little tidbit of info on that Batgirl suit, she was supposed to have that cowl all thru the movie but Alicia Silverstone kept complaining that it pulled her hair and was uncomfortable. this is why all the toy incarnations of her has the full cowl, it was the original design.

RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 29-11-2005 22:32
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

shadowbat69 wrote:
batboy, a little tidbit of info on that Batgirl suit, she was supposed to have that cowl all thru the movie but Alicia Silverstone kept complaining that it pulled her hair and was uncomfortable. this is why all the toy incarnations of her has the full cowl, it was the original design.

I liked the Action Figure and the WB Statue of Batgirl a lot better than what we saw in the movie. I never understood why she only wore it in the one scene. I hated her as Batgirl anyways.

RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 00:33
User Avatar Tim Drake
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Ya know how we all had that one gyrl that was famous who we were in love with when we were like little kids? Well my crush is still Alicia Silverstone lol so I have to say she did good as Batgirl, only problem is that her hair should have been dyed red and I hated that damn twist on how Alfred was the uncle and she had no relation to commisioner Gordon.

"Look, I never wanted this for myself...but I wanted Batman and Robin back together the way they should be. And if Dick won`t become Robin again...Someone else has to!" - Tim Drake, A LONELY PLACE OF DYING Chapter five: Rebirth
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 08:03
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i didnt like her as batgirl first cuz she didnt hav the mask threw the whole movie,she wasnt even barbara and crummy acting shes done way better movies
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 12:46
User Avatar Gothamite
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Tim Drake wrote:
Ya know how we all had that one gyrl that was famous who we were in love with when we were like little kids?

Mine was Nicole Kidman in Batman Forever.

I would seek justice...
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 14:31
User Avatar Tim Drake
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

a friend of mine was in love with the girl who played the pink ranger in the first power rangers series lol!

RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 15:31
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

im in loooooooooooooove with.........fergie,trish stratus,lita,other wwe divas and if hawkgirl was real id be in love with her 2 lol
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 16:21
User Avatar Gothamite
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Okay, this is going completely off-topic.

I would seek justice...
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 16:40
User Avatar elvis
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

my favorite will be Val Kilmers first suit!!!for me it was the most fit from all of them!!

Edited by elvis on 30-11-2005 16:41
RE: Best Batman Costume? - Posted on 30-11-2005 18:00
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Gothamite wrote:
Okay, this is going completely off-topic.
lol i knoSmile
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.