Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 25-11-2007 13:39
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

batman 4 ever that movie was so campy it was good.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 26-11-2007 20:44
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Batman was the 2nd best
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 27-11-2007 07:41
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

As this thread has returned . . . (started in 2005)

Favorite of ALL (released at theaters):
Mask of the Phatasm
-It is THE best envisioning of Batman, has the BEST script and plot, has some REALLY cool visuals (You CANNOT forget Joker inside the Chrysler Building), and a GREAT villain portrayal
Batman, Batman Returns, and Begins (tied)
Batman: The Movie (Adam West)

HUGE gap . . .

Batman Forever (decent plot and Batman portrayal, HORRIBLE color toning and WAY over-the-top acting, esp. by Tommy Lee Jones. Carry played the Riddler like a GOOD Joker.)

BIGGER gap . . .
Batman and Robin (it is actually BETTER, if you turn OFF the volume and just look at the art of the props department).

OVERALL:
Mask of the Phantasm
Sub Zero
Three-way movie tie (B, B Returns, B Begins)
Batman vs, Dracula
Mystery of the Batwoman
(small gap)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (I am just not that big of a Batman Beyond fan)

HUGE GAP

Batman Forever

ROCK bottom, worst
Batman and Robin (I like the shirt, though. Regardless of HOW MUCH I HATE the movie, the design -with the neon striped and the colors more "subdued"/realistic- is actually QUITE good)

This is based on how often I actually WATCH the movies.
Mask of the Phantasm and Sub Zero make the DVD player many nights, MUCH more than the live-action movies.
All 6 of the top have been played in the last few months.
The others, MAYBE once in the last year.

Sum Nox!
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 10-12-2007 21:15
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

MacWage wrote:
As this thread has returned . . . (started in 2005)

Favorite of ALL (released at theaters):
Mask of the Phatasm
-It is THE best envisioning of Batman, has the BEST script and plot, has some REALLY cool visuals (You CANNOT forget Joker inside the Chrysler Building), and a GREAT villain portrayal
Batman, Batman Returns, and Begins (tied)

HUGE gap . . .

Batman Forever (decent plot and Batman portrayal, HORRIBLE color toning and WAY over-the-top acting, esp. by Tommy Lee Jones. Carry played the Riddler like a GOOD Joker.)

BIGGER gap . . .
Batman and Robin (it is actually BETTER, if you turn OFF the volume and just look at the art of the props department).

OVERALL:
Mask of the Phantasm
Sub Zero
Three-way movie tie (B, B Returns, B Begins)
Batman vs, Dracula
Mystery of the Batwoman
(small gap)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (I am just not that big of a Batman Beyond fan)

HUGE GAP

Batman Forever

ROCK bottom, worst
Batman and Robin (I like the shirt, though. Regardless of HOW MUCH I HATE the movie, the design -with the neon striped and the colors more "subdued"/realistic- is actually QUITE good)

This is based on how often I actually WATCH the movies.
Mask of the Phantasm and Sub Zero make the DVD player many nights, MUCH more than the live-action movies.
All 6 of the top have been played in the last few months.
The others, MAYBE once in the last year.

great break down Mac
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 11-12-2007 01:35
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

while i liked the plot of sub-zero i hate barbra as batgirl and dick falling for her, but at the same time i understand why it was important to the movie i just reall hate her. i think she ruined the 60s batman tv show

RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 03-02-2008 00:38
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Im hoping the new Batman cartoons takes 1st place!!!

ultraconvoy.com
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 09-06-2008 23:58
User Avatar batfan925
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

My favorites are (not counting animated movies)

1. Begins(soon to be bumped down by the dark knight). i loved the realism, and the fact that it felt so beliveable.Joker3Smile

2. Returns. Brilliant acting, effects, music,and everything Smile

3. Batman 89. not the best, but still good to see the dark interpretation of batman. the joker was done pretty badly though..

4. Forever. Kilmer was good as batman (except the bat-nipples) and i liked Jim Carrey as riddler. two- Face was totally messed up.

5. Batman the Movie(adam west). Yes, this is better than batman and robin. It was campy, but the villians were good, and the camp fit in with the show, it didn't feel out of place.

6. batman and robin. bad acting, camp was out of place, didn't fit with others. the batman +mrfreeze +ivy2 +robin 3 +(^\/^) = VERY BAD MOVIE.
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 11-06-2008 08:11
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Batman Begins is my favourite, but behind that it's tied between Burton's Batman and Batman Forever.

One of the features I liked about Batman was that there was some attention actually paid towards Bruce Wayne as a character, whereas in latter films in that series anytime Bruce was on-screen it felt like filler until he put on the batsuit.

The main thing that I don't like about the movie looking back is...The Joker. My initial reaction when I read that Heath Ledger was taking on the part was pretty much apathy, as I'm not his biggest fan, but the first time I seen a picture of him as The Joker it just seemed right. Nicholson's Joker, on the other hand, now just seems like Nicholson wearing makeup. Which he was. But it just seems too similar to many of his other parts to actually stand out as The Joker as a character, if that makes sense.

As for Forever, I loved Val Kilmer as Batman, and felt he could pull off both the Batman and Bruce Wayne aspects of the character. I agree with batfan925's assessment of Carrey as The Riddler and of the handling of Two-Face.

I recently bought the two-disc edition of Batman Forever and having watched the extras I'd love to see a 'director's cut' of the movie featuring some of the cut story regarding Batman's origins.
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 11-06-2008 18:37
User Avatar batfan925
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

in one scene of forever two-face flips his coin until he gets the side he wanted. that is so wrong. plus he was always bouncing around and laughing . it was like joker light.twoface

some people say Carrey’s riddler was to over the top, but, that is how the character is often portrayed. he is an over the top character (though not always, he was quite the opposite in batman TAS.) Frank gorshin played him like that in the adam west tv show in the 60's, and it felt like carrey drew some inspiration from that interpretation of the character.riddler2
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 12-06-2008 00:06
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i agree and also think carrey was the best choice for riddler and cant see anyone else as the riddler

RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 17-07-2008 00:13
User Avatar Big Lester
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

the 89 BatmanBatSymbol2
Big Lester56 Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 20-07-2008 16:54
User Avatar doorsmorrison91
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

89 forever returns are on the same leval for the best at number 1 same with TDK

i diden't like begins that much

batmanrobin 3
batmannightwing things change
slipknotmark Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 25-07-2008 21:14
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

TDK.... joker4joker4joker4joker4joker4

ultraconvoy.com
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 04-08-2008 01:24
User Avatar Rogue
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

My favorite Batman movies are Batman Returns and Mask of the Phantasm.
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 24-08-2008 00:27
User Avatar Hush86
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Barring anything Nolans has done, It's got to be Batman(1989). I still love that one. Batman Returns was pretty good. Forever was good in parts. Batman and Robin is an insult to bad movies, let alone good ones.
youngmachetes86 Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 24-08-2008 17:43
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

THE DARK KNIGHT
BATMAN FOREVER
BATMAN
BATMAN RETURNS
BATMAN AND ROBIN

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 24-08-2008 18:41
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

the dark knight - coolest movie ever made
batman mask of the phantasm - best animated movie
batman begins - brought back batman's dignity from batman & robin
batman beyond return of the joker - so cool. animated tim=jason todd
batman gotham knight - anime batman. cool in so many ways.
batman vs dracula - best thing that came from The Batman
batman forever - ok interpretation of robin.
batman mystery of the batwoman - ok animated movie
batman subzero - also ok animated movie

the other isn't worth mentioning. i think you'll know.

i also like new frontier, but that's not really batman.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 25-08-2008 02:33
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. Mask Of The Phantasm

4. Return Of The Joker

5. Sub-Zero

RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 25-08-2008 10:24
User Avatar phalsephace
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Here's my top 4 favorites:

Batman the Movie (1966)
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker (2000)

http://www.myspace.com/phalsephace Send Private Message
RE: whats your favorite batman movie?(OTHER THAN BEGINS!) - Posted on 25-08-2008 16:54
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

uh. The Dark Knight.

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.