Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Action Figures & Dolls

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 03-07-2005 14:03
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Kenner Action Toy Guides
1990 to 1998

Included with just about every boxed figure, vehicle or playset was an Action Toy Guide catalog with pictures from Kenner?s different toy lines of that year.

So take a walk down ?Memory Lane? as TVOG proudly presents for the first time anywhere online, scans of the Batman series of figures in these catalogs from The Dark Knight Collection to Batman and Robin with a little bit of everything else in between.

Edited by Caleson on 22-10-2005 10:27
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1997 - Posted on 22-10-2005 01:28
User Avatar The-Batman
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I look at them and remeber how badly I wanted one! lol some of them I still do!
carzy_monkey@hotmail.com milesklipper www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1997 - Posted on 22-10-2005 10:24
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Don't forget mine! It's not just 1990-'97, but '98.

They never did do one with Batman Beyond did they? I know I didn't get one with my Street to Sky Batmobile. Oh well, I love these old catalogs. It's so great to have them all in our Action Figure archives.

1997-1998 - Kenner is Fun!

1998 - Kenner is Fun!

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 22-10-2005 12:47
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Wow, I sure do miss those "Legends Of The Dark Knight" figures, man, so good. I wish they'd make a series like that now...ah...good stuff...good stuff.

RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 22-10-2005 15:00
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i want those justice league ones. theyre so cool....but i dont think i even knew how to walk when those came out. they need to make those agen. lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 22-10-2005 22:34
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Yeah, those were good figures, I had the Batman and some others. You were probably able to walk when those came out, I was like six or something when they were released.

RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 22-10-2005 22:54
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Total Justice was around '94 or '95, and yeah, those were great sculpts. They were making crap out of TJ in Toyfair a little while ago, which I don't understand. I have a bunch of different characters from it, along with the JLA series that came a little later. They were out of stores by the time I wanted to get Huntress and Parallax though. Oh well, now we have eBay.

Legends of the Dark Knight did have some awsome sculpts too, namely the villains. They easily rival with DC Directs' figures. The classic blue & grey and the all-black (not pictured) Batman were so hard to find though.

RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 01-04-2006 14:34
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

oh man that was beutiful!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the post!!!!!

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
http://www.batmancustoms.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 08-08-2006 15:22
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Ahh, those were the days. I was really into Btas action figures when I was young. They were my favorite figures, just enough of a good sculpt to resemble the cartoon, but durable enough to fall down a flight of stairs. big grin

Looking back now I wish I'd collected less purple "Sky Strike Ninja Force Anti-Voodoo Batman" figures and gone for more of the villains, I should have at least got the Dick Grayson/ Robin; My favorite figures from Btas were the the Bruce Wayne/Batman and the Dick Grayson/Robin, I had siblings who had those figures, but we weren't notorius for sharing. I eventually got them both as hand-me-downs, but they had lost most of there armor by then.

But thinking back, the main reason I didn't get any real non-Batman figures (other than The Joker, I had both Btas and Phantasm versions) is because my local store didn't carry them.

PS. I didn't know Kenner made Bill & Ted figures.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 08-08-2006 15:23
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 08-08-2006 18:00
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
Looking back now I wish I'd collected less purple "Sky Strike Ninja Force Anti-Voodoo Batman" figures and gone for more of the villains, I should have at least got the Dick Grayson/ Robin
Glad to hear some validation on the topic. Adult collectors criticize the toy companies for making the variations, but the truth is, kids like some of the wacky versions of Batman. I think the problem is that there is sometimes too broad a selection or too high a production of variations. Kids aren't going to be able to convince their moms to buy 'em every different shade of Batman on the shelf. I, too, regret not buying/asking my mom to get me more villain figures in stores, but I'm getting most of what I want off eBay now. My area also didn't seem to have the best distribution though. Just out of curiosity, how old are you, Razhwurz? Smile

Razhwurz wrote:
I didn't know Kenner made Bill & Ted figures.
They made a bunch of neat figures around that time period - RoboCop and the Ultra Police, The Real Ghostbusters, and Swamp Thing to name a few. I almost had the complete set of Beetlejuice figures, even more than I had Dark Knight Collection (I'm guessing they were on clearance). Check out Virtual Toy Chest for images of some of those named lines.

RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 08-08-2006 21:59
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Just out of curiosity, how old are you, Razhwurz? Smile

Dude, what's with the creepy smily? LOL

Seriusly, I'm an adult now, And I'm hoping to compensate my lack of Btas villains with the DC Super Heroes Two-Face and Catwoman figures. I'm also praying that they will make new sculpts for The Joker, Mr.Freeze, Scarcrow, Killer Croc and Bane... and for Poison Ivy, Ras Al Ghul, The Man-Bat and a lot of others... As you can tell I'm prone to wishful thinking. sad

P.S. Thanks for the link.

BTW, You wouldn't happen to know where I could find images of the Predator action figures of the Alien V.S. Predator series of action figures, I got one in '93.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 08-08-2006 22:28
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 09-08-2006 02:52
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Woah, the Legends Of The Dark Knight 'Batman: The Dark Knight' figure looks cool.

Batman: Year Two
brucexbatmanytb brucexbatman Send Private Message
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 13-12-2006 13:35
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Flabat/Caleson - BRILLIANT!

I'd love to own a complete set of BTAS figures & stuff; that would be wonderful! Even if I did, not sure exactly where I'd display them!

Great thread!
Message Send Private Message
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 13-12-2006 15:37
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I remember looking at those toy guides and just dreaming about what I wanted to get. I got a lot of the Dark Knight collection figures but I always chewed the ears off. I wish I took better care of them. I still have the motorcycle though.

This brings back a LOT of memories.
RE: Kenner Action Toy Guides 1990 to 1998 - Posted on 13-04-2008 11:05
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Man, brings back memories. I wish i still had my poison ivy and batgirl movie figures sad

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.