Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Action Figures & Dolls

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 10-06-2007 21:30
User Avatar robinboy7
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Hi Guys. I have been so swamped. I lost a lot of family members and other things at school have happened but summer vacation is here and i'm free! A New four pack, it is cool for those hiw missed out on Batgirl and Robin

Till Next time dudes!robin 3

Edit - I had the pic, but haddn't added it to the database yet

"Somebody's got to help him. Might as well be me."
Dick Grayson-Robin year one
Edited by Chris on 10-06-2007 22:35
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 11-06-2007 12:30
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

A TRU exclusive? Perfect! I'm not sure we have even one of those for many miles out here...

I'm gonna probably swerve off topic here. It's nice that they re-released Robin and Batgirl, along with a unique Strangle Sleeves Joker, but I suppose I can thank Mattel's The Batman line for making me realize how silly some of the crap I buy really is. I decided not to even open my Metal Head figure (which I got for $1 at Wal Mart) because of how ridiculous he looks, and I wished I would've done the same with Tremblor. I'm not necessarily criticizing Mattel; I'm just getting a bit of a reality check and thinking, "Am I buying these childish looking things because I feel obligated or because I really want them?"

So I think I'll probably ignore The Batman for the most part and get the occasional DC Direct figure or DCSH, those that I can find anyway. I suppose that's just how I feel at this point in life. My small paychecks and frustration over trying to find the best way to display my collection have put a huge strain over my passion for collecting in the past several months. I'm definitely going to reevaluate it before making my next purchase, which may not be for a little while.

Off topic indeed. dull

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 11-06-2007 14:03
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

That set is alright, but I'm totally with Cale on this;

While It's not impossible I might one day pick up something from The Batman range, I think it's truly very unlikely. Most of it doesnt appeal in the slightest. If it was to ever come across the Arkham Set for £9.99 (normally £34.99 - such a discount isn't impossible - Woolworths in the UK do great sales), i'd buy it, but other than that - The Batman stuff doesnt do it for me.

Looking at that picture - if I saw that in good sale it's a possibility - for no other reason than as a Batman fan/toy collector, it's a basic set of core characters. However, if you compare that Batman figure to the Reactivated figure (for example, off the top of my head) there is simply NO comparison.

I'd also add that I'm not of this mind because I can't handle this version of it. Like many people I was sceptical in the early days, but I'm delighted to say that the actual 'toon has long since (completely) won me over.

The whole toy range though leaves a lot to be desired. And everytime I see that blinkin' Bat Tie Fighter..................

PS - good to see you back RobinBoy - sorry to hear about what happened. I hope things are calmer and more settled now (if that makes sense). & Cale; that don't sound like you! You alright?
Edited by real-dark-knight on 11-06-2007 14:05
Message Send Private Message
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 11-06-2007 15:28
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

real-dark-knight wrote:
& Cale; that don't sound like you! You alright?
Heheh. Again, way off topic, but oh well...

It's a bit of a lousy situation at the moment. They only give me literally one or two days of work a week at my crappy job, and I already finished the assignments for my ongoing summer school course. I also couldn't find any summer internships. So I've got too much time to sit and do nothing lately. Then there're numerous relationship matters I won't bother getting into. I suppose in that sort of situation, where you have too much time on your hands, hobbies become dull. Trying to figure out my overstocked collection is a pain and I'm stuck on all my custom figure jobs.

...Still, you'll be happy to know that the "Pen is Mightier than the Sword" pin you sent me will be proudly displayed my 1989 movie section. Smile

RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 11-06-2007 17:14
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

*cough* site work *cough*

big grin I know the feeling though.. a few months back, I felt the same way, I would sit here and look at the site.. and do nothing.. we all have times like that.. they suck..LOL

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 12-06-2007 08:09
User Avatar Tom-Tom
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

how is that batman an exclusive, he looks plain jane to me?
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 12-06-2007 15:17
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Tom-Tom wrote:
how is that batman an exclusive, he looks plain jane to me?
I'm guessing his disc launcher has a unique paint job. It almost looks as though the inside of his cape is blue but maybe not. Either way, it's definitely not enough to specifically label it an exclusive.

And isn't the Shadow Tek Robin an entirely different scale than the others? That's just idiotic. They should've made it an exclusive, scaled-down version for this set.

RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 12-06-2007 16:33
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Caleson wrote:
And isn't the Shadow Tek Robin an entirely different scale than the others? That's just idiotic. They should've made it an exclusive, scaled-down version for this set.

I can't remember who it was now - I think MacWage or Inzo - but they once got right out of their pram (quite rightly) over the ludicrous scale of Shadow Tek Robin - I know its a cartoon, but come on.........

Caleson wrote: I suppose in that sort of situation, where you have too much time on your hands, hobbies become dull. Trying to figure out my overstocked collection is a pain and I'm stuck on all my custom figure jobs.

I find that too at times - I've got whole boxes of Batmobiles and Star Wars that are sitting comfortably doing....... nothing.

I'd love somewhere to put all the Corgis but there just isn't anywhere at the moment. I've started to sort it a bit - I've got lots of shelves up now and it's home to a impressive Dr Who collection - but I've still got loads of things to go, and not enough shelves to put them on.....

BatSymbol2
Edited by real-dark-knight on 12-06-2007 16:54
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 12-06-2007 18:54
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Ah, see - there's the beauty of model building (or figure customizing). You can't get bored because you start working and before you know it, it's time to get to sleep/work/school. What? Already? Alright, I'll just do a little bit more before calling it quits, I swear...

Smile

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: shadow tek 4 pack - Posted on 13-06-2007 14:18
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

spencer1984 wrote:
Ah, see - there's the beauty of model building (or figure customizing). You can't get bored because you start working and before you know it, it's time to get to sleep/work/school. What? Already? Alright, I'll just do a little bit more before calling it quits, I swear...

Smile

If find thats exactly the case; but sadly not with model building/figure customising - but just being on the blinkin' internet! I lose hours on the damn thing and before I know it's time to go to bed/work etc!
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.