Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Action Figures & Dolls

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 09-03-2008 17:00
User Avatar robinboy7
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I just wanted to know if anyone knows if "The Batman" action figues are over with. The show ids over with so do you think the toy line is over with. I hope it's not, I collect this line and there are tons of more things to be made, like Nightwing and the future Bat-Team, Green Arrow, Black Mask, HarleyI mean the list goes on and on.

"Somebody's got to help him. Might as well be me."
Dick Grayson-Robin year one
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 09-03-2008 19:20
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

There has been no official word from Mattel, but there has also not been any new The Batman product show at the most recent Toy Fair or Conventions, so it look like the line may be over.

DC Universe and Batman:The Dark Knight figures are the only figures I saw being shown. However, JLU figures lasted past the last season of the TV show so maybe we will get some more figures later this year, although I doubt it.

RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 09-03-2008 23:51
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Low figure sales killed the line and the show. Though honestly, in hte last ywear the figures sucked and you couldn't find em..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 10-03-2008 09:47
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Chris said the JLU figures are more for collectors now which is why its still in production. I haven't really seen the rest of the Justice League figures from The Batman.
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 10-03-2008 10:24
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I just picked up Flash and MM, there was only one of each and of course pegs full of Batman...

The JLU line has more of a fan base. Once the fans stop asking for the line, it's gone. Thats one reason why the line is now a Target Exclusive. TB just never had that big of a Fan base. Though I really do think that if they cancel a show because of the line, that line should be in more places with a better variety of figures. Look at all the figures fans asked for yet didn't get.

But the line as well as the show also died because of of the new series in the works..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 10-03-2008 17:13
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

I thought "Bobblehead Robin" looked FREAKY!
My son uses an extra Animated "Drake" Robin with his The Batman figure.

Sum Nox!

Edited by Tartan Jack on 10-03-2008 17:17
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 21-06-2008 15:31
User Avatar riddler2403
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

It would be a shame if Harley, Black Mask and Green Arrow weren't made for The Batman line. Alfred and Gordon would be pretty cool too.

Visit the Hall of Justice!

http://hallofjust...ards77.com/
http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 21-06-2008 15:49
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

From out May 15th Q&A:

3) The Batman line seems pretty dead. Looking back, do you feel there was anything that Mattel could have done differently? Maybe more villains? In all of the lines combined, not counting repaints, there was only 15 or 16 villains.

Although the Batman line is on hiatus, Mattel is very pleased with how it is performing. Mattel does work with fans and our retailers to find ways to bring collector oriented figures to market (i.e. the Target JLU line) but this is just not possible with every single toy line we do.

RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 22-06-2008 07:59
User Avatar thejoker718
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

jokerI'd like to see the figures from Artifacts made...

Why So Serious?

JULY 18.....Laughter will be heard again!
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 22-06-2008 11:24
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Hiatus makes it sound like The Batman figures may be coming back one day, but I don't think so. The line ran a few years and produced some cool figures and vehicles, but I also feel it fell just short of it's full potential in many ways.

The Batman figures are history, and Mattel followed the Kenner/Hasbro example of NOT producing more of the characters they should have like Alfred Pennyworth, Detective Ellen Yin, Commissioner James Gordon and Detective Ethan Bennett. ALL OF THEM appeared in more episodes than some characters that WERE made in figures like Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkman. Not to mention Mattel not making figures of characters voiced by veteran Batman actors like Mayor Grange, voiced by Adam West or Professor Hugo Strange, voiced by Frank Gorshin (later voiced by Richard Green).

Mattel stuck to the tried and true method of repaint after repaint (Zip Action Batman, Triple Shot BATMAN) and reissue after reissue (Hammer Strike The Joker, Final Assault BATMAN) to fill the pegs and the line died just like others before it.

Then to add insult to injury the last waves of figures The Batman ShadowTek Ultra Series 2 were all but impossible to find at retail. I never saw Aeroscope BATMAN, Battle Fist BATMAN or Roto-Bash Bane on the pegs down here. Then again I never saw The Batman Deluxe Series 4 from 2005 (BATMAN To BATBOT, Fire Armor BATMAN or Power Prop BATMAN) on the pegs either.

They are gone, but not forgotten.

Edited by FlaBat on 22-06-2008 11:32
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 24-06-2008 11:36
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

They arnt done they still have to put the justice league pack out i think unless they already did they probally wont stop making the toys anyways, because The Batman comics are still going

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 24-06-2008 15:19
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The Batman Strikes ends with #50... The figures are done.

RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 24-06-2008 22:57
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Chris wrote:
The Batman Strikes ends with #50... The figures are done.

They are still coming out, thats what DC Comics website says. --
April - #44
May - #45
June - #46
July - #47
August - #48

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Are "The Batman" Figures Done? - Posted on 24-06-2008 23:14
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

ok.. let me repeat this.. AFTER ISSUE 50.. THEY ARE DONE...

I didn't say they were done now...

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.