Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Action Figures & Dolls

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

TDK Movie Masters Updates - Posted on 07-01-2009 21:10
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I saw this news posted on another site along with the pic. However I decided not to post the news until we had a better pic and more info. Here's the pic:

Now it seems it is indeed fake: http://www.figure...p?FID=410

I'm glad we didn't post it as news, it would be a little embarrassing to make this big announcement with no info at all then find out you've been duped and it's all fake..LOL.

Now I'm sure we will get a Keaton Figure soon, but when they announce it, we'll get official word and info.

Edited by Caleson on 31-05-2009 01:30
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 07-01-2009 22:08
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Too bad it's a fake, that figure looks seriously cool.

But you say we should get one though?
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 07-01-2009 23:45
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Chris wrote:
Now I'm sure we will get a Keaton Figure soon, but when they announce it, we'll get official word and info.
What makes you say that? The opportunity to get a new figure of Keaton's Batman would be serious news, and I don't see why a retro figure would be introduced in TDK Movie Masters. As many of us know, Mattel would need Keaton's permission to use his facial likeness. This is likely the sole reason why that strange World of Batman line had new head sculpts for Batman, Bruce Wayne, and Joker rather than the original Dark Knight Collection versions. The rights to use Keaton and Nicholson's likenesses probably expired years prior.

As for the grainy photo, it reminds me of the custom Keaton Batman by Iron Cow that was once featured in ToyFare. It's likely a different figure but probably made with very similar techniques; the head and body armor molds could have been created using a nice Batman model kit.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 08-01-2009 10:49
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The World of Batman figures had different head sculpts? I didn't know that, but then again I never really wanted any of the figures either. I guess I should look a little more closely next time.

Learn something new every day I guess.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 10-01-2009 06:58
User Avatar JokerFC
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Id kill for a Keaton Baman and Nicholson Joker in this line.......but I do find it unlikly that we would get them.-which is a real shame.

Erin Go Bragh!!
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 10-01-2009 09:42
User Avatar batmanrobin_willneverdie1948
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

They should make a movie masters line for old films
series 1 (1989 Batman)
Batman
Joker
Bob the Goon
Series 2 (Batman Returns)
Penguin
Catwoman
Max Shrek
Series 3 (Batman Forever)
Two-Face
Riddler
Robin
Series 4 (Batman and Robin)
Batman
Robin
Batgirl
Series 5 (Batman and Robin)
Mr. Freeze
Poison Ivy
Bane
Series 6 (Batman Begins)
Rás Al Ghul
Ducard
Scarecrow in buisness suit

That would be cool
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 10-01-2009 14:38
User Avatar JokerFC
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

yeah Id like a figure of Ducard/Ras Al Ghul too,I think its fairly important we get one actually

Erin Go Bragh!!
RE: Keaton Batman coming to Movie Masters line? Not yet.. - Posted on 10-01-2009 15:54
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I hate to be my old snarky self, but how was that figure ever confused for a Movie Masters figure? It's obviously got a rubber oversuit on it, where as Movie Masters are made of solid sculpted plastic

And for those of you who want the business suit Scarecrow, I believe he's coming in wave 4.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: TDK Movie Masters Updates - Posted on 31-05-2009 01:24
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I didn't see any new updates on the Movie Masters line, so I figured I'd turn this into the official thread. I've got two updates:

1) According to Action-Figure.com, the MM series 5 we've all been anticipating for a spring release doesn't seem like it will be released at all. Many vendors have canceled their orders because the line has been discontinued. Consumer speculation points to poor distribution of the first series; few MM figures made it to shelves prior to the film's July release, then they suddenly overflowed the toy aisles. However, perhaps they'll be available at Mattycollector.com. Nothing is known for certain yet, but it seems for the most part that Mattel sucks at their job.

CLICK HERE for the info at A-F.

2) Despite the bleak outlook of Movie Masters, Mattel is releasing a 12" Joker figure based on his MM style for online and Toys R Us locations. I can't see too many fans wanting this figure though. Take a look at the photos to see what I mean. It looks as though a coal miner belched in The Joker's face...

12" Joker figure

For collectors who can afford the high prices, I personally recommend Hot Toys' 1:6 scale figures. Nothing out their even compares in quality.

Edited by Caleson on 31-05-2009 01:57
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.