Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 23-11-2009 09:41
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

More songs that would fit BB:
'Who Are You' by The Who-played over Falcone's radio in the warehouse
'We Need A Hero' by Bonnie Tyler-playing in the subway station when Rachel gets attacked (I know it's weak)
'Rumble in the Jungle' by Jethro Tull-playing when Batman gets attacked by Crane
'Breakout' by Thin Lizzy-When the cops are opening the cells at Arkham
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 02-12-2009 11:53
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

More songs for the BB soundtrack:

Breakin' the Law by Judas Priest-Batman is being chased by the police
The Famous Final Scene by Bob Seger-Rachel talks to Bruce in front of the destroyed Wayne Manor.
Paranoia by Black Sabbath-People are running through the narrows after Crane releases the fear toxin.
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 16-01-2010 18:57
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Here are some others...

Ready to Fall - Rise Against
The Good left Undone - Rise Against
Savior - Rise Against
Human - The Killers
Spaceman - The Killers
Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
Black Parade - MCR
Believe - The Bravery

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 17-01-2010 10:40
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I don't have a list myself but I'd like to see some hard rock featured. Batman's just a hard rock type of character

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 21-01-2010 20:45
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Buckeye Bat wrote:
More songs for the BB soundtrack:

Breakin' the Law by Judas Priest-Batman is being chased by the police
The Famous Final Scene by Bob Seger-Rachel talks to Bruce in front of the destroyed Wayne Manor.
Paranoia by Black Sabbath-People are running through the narrows after Crane releases the fear toxin.
When you say soundtrack, do you mean songs that should actually be played in the film or simply put onto a "music inspired by" CD soundtrack? To me, most regular popular music songs don't fit into Batman; although, if used in a clever fashion, like played on a radio in the background as you mentioned, it can be a nice touch. Some people seem to think that just because the lyrics vaguely resemble the scene at hand, they would be good to hear during the film. I think that's, well, extremely corny, and it would seem the filmmakers agree, which is why they have classical orchestra in the film.

Lyrics are too obvious; to me, the mood and atmosphere conveyed through the music is what makes it fit the film. That's why having Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" played in Iron Man is so bone-headed.

I used to talk on here about what I'd like to hear on a Batman score/soundtrack and I described a fusion of industrial rock and classical music. Then The Dark Knight came out and I was happy as hell to see that that's essentially what we got. The heavy, distorted violins & guitars (yep, they used guitars) and industrial/electronic elements were a signature of the score, particularly with the bank heist scene, and I loved it.

On a slightly different note, I remember on MTV back before Batman Begins came out, they said its upcoming soundtrack would have Green Day on it. Then we never heard about that again and the Zimmer/Jones score was the only soundtrack released. I just thought that was odd. They must've scrapped the popular music soundtrack.

Edited by Caleson on 21-01-2010 20:47
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 21-01-2010 21:46
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Caleson wrote:On a slightly different note, I remember on MTV back before Batman Begins came out, they said its upcoming soundtrack would have Green Day on it. Then we never heard about that again and the Zimmer/Jones score was the only soundtrack released. I just thought that was odd. They must've scrapped the popular music soundtrack.

.......... Jones?

Also, I agree that in general, trying to match lyrics with the scene is corny (I.E. A song with the word kiss in it for the kiss scene, chase in it for the chase scene, death in it for the death scene) it somehow always ends up looking like "It's a Montage" from South Park.

However, I think the first two Spider-man movies did a really good integrating pop music in with the score of the film. In fact the montage with the Jet song worked really well.

Also, Juno is one of my favorite movies soundtrack wise, and i don't even like the music in it. It's just that the music fits the movie so well.

Also, check out the movie Snatch, the entire soundtrack is pop/rock music and it basically sounds like a score.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 22-01-2010 10:38
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Caleson, This may sound vague but I think both; my first list could be in the movie, heard over the radio in the club where Bruce jumps in the pool etc. The second being songs inspired by the movie...that way there can be a double CD set.
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 25-01-2010 20:45
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
.......... Jones?
Oops. Instead of James Newton Howard I must've thought of the name Howard Jones, vocalist of Killswitch Engage.

I've not seen any of those films you mentioned (other than Spider-Man), but that sounds interesting. And I do think pop/rock can work well with many times of films, just not dark superhero/crime films like Batman. Juno of course is youthful and comedic and Spider-Man also has a youthful appeal.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 25-01-2010 21:16
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Caleson wrote:
Razhwurz wrote:
.......... Jones?
Oops. Instead of James Newton Howard I must've thought of the name Howard Jones, vocalist of Killswitch Engage.

I've not seen any of those films you mentioned (other than Spider-Man), but that sounds interesting. And I do think pop/rock can work well with many times of films, just not dark superhero/crime films like Batman. Juno of course is youthful and comedic and Spider-Man also has a youthful appeal.

Exactly. A pop/rock soundtrack can work, but it's just not Batman's thing.

Batman, to me, is something elemental. You need that feel of an orchestra for his world to be conveyed right.

And we all saw what happened with pop music in Batman 89... o_0

"Red, white, black and green. The funkiest thing you ever seen"

R.I.P. Heath
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 25-01-2010 23:23
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

lol i thought the prince stuff worked well for the joker. am i crazy? hahaha.

i'm a sucker for techno/electronic music. i'd love to hear some batman beyond-like music in the next movie's soundtrack. deep basses, heavy distorted electric guitars, bumping music. hahaha. i love it!

sike, they shouldn't do that. it would be so weird. although if a batman beyond movie ever happens, i'm sure i'd love the soundtrack. it would sound like...Blood Rave in the Blade soundtrack.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 26-01-2010 17:18
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Phil..if you want wild distorted sounding music you shoud listen to the song 'MAGGOTBRAIN' by Funkdelic

"I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe..."
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 26-01-2010 19:55
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
lol i thought the prince stuff worked well for the joker. am i crazy? hahaha.

i'm a sucker for techno/electronic music. i'd love to hear some batman beyond-like music in the next movie's soundtrack. deep basses, heavy distorted electric guitars, bumping music. hahaha. i love it!

sike, they shouldn't do that. it would be so weird. although if a batman beyond movie ever happens, i'm sure i'd love the soundtrack. it would sound like...Blood Rave in the Blade soundtrack.

Well TDK had a little techno in it. Remember the scene where Batman confronts Maroni in the night club? lol

R.I.P. Heath
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 29-01-2010 00:55
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

haha right! i looked it up, and it's called "satterin monkeys" by boom boom satellites.

"what makes you think i wanna hear you talk?.." hahaha. love it.

i wish it were put into the TDK soundtrack. i mean the special edition even had techno remixes.

RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 29-01-2010 01:12
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
haha right! i looked it up, and it's called "satterin monkeys" by boom boom satellites.

"what makes you think i wanna hear you talk?.." hahaha. love it.

i wish it were put into the TDK soundtrack. i mean the special edition even had techno remixes.

It did? 0_o

R.I.P. Heath
RE: A "What If" Batman Soundtrack - Posted on 29-01-2010 13:57
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

paul van dyk - poor choice of words
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EogXMF5Labk

and there are others...crystal method - why so serious, mel wesson - gun powder and gasoline, and ryeland allison - rory's first kiss

unfortunately they can't be found on youtube, lol. to be honest, they're not that great. but scatterin monkeys rocks!

here's a cool batman begins remix by christopher lawrence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU7vu9XPnh8

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.