Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 7 of 10 << < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
RE: Here is the Pictures of the 1/50's... - Posted on 05-05-2008 20:31
User Avatar inzo
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

This what I did last nite...

Now get out and hunt for these puppies...yes

inzo http://www.picturetrail.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 07-05-2008 20:33
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Inzo, where did you get them? I was told those are Wal-Mart exclusives? Ya know that I am avid batmobile collector. I was going around here at all the Wal-mart. Am i hitting the wrong stores?sad

"It's the car right, chicks love the car"
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 07-05-2008 20:52
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

I want to ask . . .

How LONG are the 1/50 '66 Futurabats?

(what would that size them out to be really . . . actual 1/50 or a ballpark 1/50 . . . )

-I plan to hit a Toys R Us and a Walmart on the way back home Friday night. I wonder if either will have ANYTHING on the shelved . . . I certainly HOPE so!

Oh, the 1/50 ones are supposed to be a general circulation item, with MANY "toy" places carrying them that carry Hot Wheels and/or Batman stuff (those that know more, feel free to correct me on that one if inaccurate).

The three-Bamobiles in the same box might be an exclusive, though I've YET to see the 1/18 one AT a Walmart. I got mine at a Toys R Us.

Sum Nox!
RE: 1/50's... - Posted on 07-05-2008 22:06
User Avatar inzo
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Read page 6 of this thread for a explaination of how
I found these items...

The 1/18 boxed was something I had
did...

I used a needle and black thread to suspend
the 1/64 & the 1/50...rolleyes

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 07-05-2008 22:42
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

inzo wrote:
Read page 6 of this thread for a explaination of how
I found these items...

The 1/18 boxed was something I had
did...

I used a needle and black thread to suspend
the 1/64 & the 1/50...rolleyes

That is so not fair. I would have beat my brains out looking for this. Now I can rest easy yes

RE: End Cap shipper pic... - Posted on 08-05-2008 20:46
User Avatar inzo
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Bat-Field report:yes

The 1/50's are out in full force today...

The only one that was missing was the 1966 Batmobile...

Plenty of 1966 Batbikes and Animated Batmobile...

I have seen the JLA Batmobile on E-Bay, but no Tumbler...

Are these only at other stores??? eek2

I hoped that the 1/18 box with the Batmobiles together
will give others the Idea to do the same...

Glad you all liked it...

Till next time...rolleyes

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 09-05-2008 20:38
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

My local Wal-Mart has the same display with plenty of '66 Batmobiles, '66 Batcycles and BTAS Batmobiles. I picked up all three but no sign of the other two.
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 09-05-2008 20:39
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Of the two Wal-Marts I hit tonight, only one had these and it looked to be fresh on the pegs. All but two of the five different Batmobiles were readily available. The Comic Book Batmobile and The Dark Knight Batmobile were the only two I did not see. The 1966 TV Series Batmobile, 1966 TV Series Batcycle and Animated Series Batmobile were the ones I picked up.

The 1966 Batmobile will no doubt be the hot one, but upon closer inspection I wondered what happened at Mattel. They digitally scanned the original #1 Batmobile for the TV show and the 1:18 scale die cast is beautiful. The 1:50 scale however has a few issues.

1). The “antlers” (on each side of the center red light) are bent outward instead of staning straight up and down.

2). The three rocket pipes stick straight up instead of being angled to the rear. They also look a little shorter than they should

3). There is no antenna on the rear deck. This could be due to size, but the “mount” is there.

4). The Bat logo on the doors is way too big. Again this could be due to scale and how small they could make it

Overall it’s a nice car, but at only 4” long by 1 3/8” wide by 1” tall it is noticeably shorter than the modern Corgi’s and way smaller than the original Corgi #267 Batmobile. I wanted to display these new Hot Wheels Batmobiles in line with my Corgi’s but I may have to rethink that a bit. Maybe they will have a long run of Batmobiles like Corgi did and I'll display them separate from the Corgis. I’ll post up some pictures later.

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 09-05-2008 23:01
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Here are pictures of the new 1:50 Scale Hot Wheels Batmobiles and Batcycle

1966 TV Batmobile

1966 TV Batmobile

1966 TV Batmobile 1:50 and 1:64 Scale SDCC version

1966 TV Batmobile 1:50 and Corgi 1:43 1960’s Batmobile

1966 TV Batmobile 1:50 and Corgi Batmobile #267

1966 TV Batmobile

1966 TV Batcycle

Animated Series Batmobile

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 10-05-2008 09:13
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

More thoughts on these new Batmobiles.

The 1966 TV Batcycle is awesome. It is by far the best piece of the line so far. Robin’s Kart even comes off. It’s held in by a small peg. The only thing it needed was figures that could be removed.

The Animated Series Batmobile looks a little odd to me. It is either too short or too wide. I’m comparing it to other versions and the proportions seem a little off to me. Granted the larger wheels/tires make it look better along side some or the Corgi’s

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 10-05-2008 13:17
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Despite all of the opinions and subjective imperfections of these pieces, I'm just happy that Mattel appears to be filling the void left by Corgi losing the rights to this property. Many of the Batman-related vehicles from the Hot Wheels line have just been repaints of existing models, with only a few exceptions. I'm sure that many of us were waiting to see if the 1/64 '66 Batmobile would become the exception or the rule with regards to Mattel's handling of this line. I'm very excited about this 1/50 collection. The '66 TV Batcycle really does takes the cake for originality in this type of collectable. I hope that Mattel/Hot Wheels continues to provide this kind of variety in Batman vehicles. Do we know what else is on the horizon from the Hot Wheels/Batman line?
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 10-05-2008 17:25
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Too me the antlers and rocket tubes are not subjective imperfections they are just flat out wrong. Too me they are quality control issues and should have been corrected. Compare the 1:64 to the 1:50 and see how much detail is not there. How can they paint the beacon cage on the smaller model, but not the larger one? Why is the Bat Radar so big and stuck up so high on the larger model? Why does the 1:64 have the chevrons painted while the 1:50 and 1:18 do not? If they can paint the small door Bat on the 1:64 they could have used the same for the larger model and it would have looked proportional correct.

Corgi only had the license for Comic Book Batmobiles, not TV or Film Batmobiles. The 1966 TV Batmobile is a whole different license from George Barris who retained ownership and rights to the car and WB and DC who own rights to the TV series and Batman respectively.

Still I like these new Hot Wheels Batmobiles and I hope to see more of the TV and Film Batmobiles coming in this line for the next couple years.

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 10-05-2008 19:00
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I don't disagree with your observational comparisons between the two scales of the '66 Batmobile at all. By subjective, I meant that somebody can find something wrong with any piece. In light of the 1/50 version, we're now pointing out how accurately made the 1/64 was. But at the time that the 1/64 came out, there was nothing to compare it to with regards to how true it was to the actual tv Batmobile. So we all complained (rightfully so) about the TM next to the door bat and how it took away from the appearance of the piece. Now we have the 1/50 version with a larger door bat but no TM (thank goodness). I'd rather have that than a smaller bat and the TM on the 1/50 model. I know, why not have the accurately proportioned bat and no TM? Because then we'd live in perfect world, and with nothing to complain about, we'd all get bored. Hey, at least we do have the perfect tv Batcycle!
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 11-05-2008 00:23
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Still . . .
Yet to see . . .
In Atlanta, GA, Anderson, SC, or Columbia, SC.

Thanks for the comparisons. I'm glad I got the ones through ebay.
THOUGH . . . I'll be using and altering several of the "1/50" ones for some ideas I have for Batmobiles. For those, it should work.

Sum Nox!
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 11-05-2008 09:25
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I've only seen them in one (not a Super Center Wal-Mart) of three Wal-Marts down here and none of the three TRU’s. The 1:18 scale 1966 TV Batmobile I got at a Comic Book store. They only had the one and the owner had forgotten he had ordered it months ago. It's the only one I've seen in person. The storeowner was not sure if he ordered the Hot Wheels 1:50 or not, even though he did carry some of the Corgis. Wal-Mart carried the Corgis as well so I would say Wal-Mart is the place to be looking for these right now.

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 21-05-2008 19:38
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Now that I have several . . .

The size in 1/43 WOULD be larger than a Cobra Daytona, smaller than an early 50s Cadillac, and more in the lines of a 50s 2-seat T-bird, early Corvette, and so forth.
-> It is LARGER than many of my 1/43 2-seat sports cars and looks "accurate" in the 1950s company, for one who doesn't realize just how huge the 1/1 1966 car actually is.

It isn't the massive size of the "real thing," but is "in-line" with what an actual street Batmobile likely WOULD have been should Batman have actually driven that car in the mid 1950s (era of the ORIGINAL concept car-> 1955).
I am actually quite happy with the car for use on my O-gauge layout, mixed with 1/43 cars.
-> It actually (visually) looks more "in scale" with the surrounding and cars than the ACCURATE sized vintage 66 Corgi car. Now THAT surprised me.

-> Also, I am in LOVE with the "Comic Book" car and would love a half-dozen to "play with" and modify. I am already to strip the central fin of one (it is plastic) and make a more "subtle" car.

Sum Nox!
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - Posted on 21-05-2008 21:42
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The 1/50 cars have finally started trickling out in my area, so I've gotten the Batcyce and the BTAS car so far. The Batcycle is truly outstanding, and I think it's close enough to 1/24 to work in my Batcave.

I saw something funny on the BTAS car, though. For anyone who has it, check out the blurb on the back of the card, then read the second paragraph on this page: http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1992-batmobile.php.

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel Hot Wheels Batmobile News - Posted on 22-05-2008 00:01
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Hey Spencer1984, what does the back of the Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile packaging say. Maybe a scan of the back packaging would help if you don't want to type it.
RE: Mattel Hot Wheels Batmobile News - Posted on 22-05-2008 21:31
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A_Spidey_Fan wrote:
Hey Spencer1984, what does the back of the Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile packaging say. Maybe a scan of the back packaging would help if you don't want to type it.

While not verbatim, the Card Back says most of what Spencer pointed too in his above post. Only a few words are changed and some of it was cut short.

RE: Mattel Hot Wheels Batmobile News - Posted on 22-05-2008 21:53
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

It LOOKS like they "stole" the description from Spencer1984 . . .

(The wording is VERY similar.)

Sum Nox!
Page 7 of 10 << < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.