Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 17-01-2007 23:06
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

As I stated in my post in the topic "Greatest Batman Toy?", Action Figure Insider has posted a feature on the 1:64 scale Hot Wheels 1966 T.V. Batmobile, along with some pictures as well(Don't post any of the pictures from Action Figure Insider anywhere without permission). This feature also has 3 links for more info, 1 of them including spencer1984's Batmobile History website. There's also a link to a video featuring George Barris(Guy who designed this Batmobile) as well, as he talks about working with Hot Wheels on his Batmobile. The 1st verison of this Batmobile that's coming out is very good looking, however I should note that the front is missing the red/orange lines, but still cool. I'm assuming the 2nd version(Which is expected to have more detail, and it might be part of those speical edition 1:64 scale Hot Wheels cars in fancy packaing) will have those lines, but I'm not 100% sure. Still going to get it though, even if the lines are missing. Here's the link from Action Figure Insider:

- http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/features/HWBAtmobile.shtml

Can't wait to get the 1:64 scale version soon, and then mabye either the 1:18 or 1:43 scale in the Fall or even for Christmas. I think there's even suppose to be a very super detail version of 1 of the larger scales as well, but I'm not quite sure, but even if there is, it might be a bit to rich for me.

Anyways, I know it's kind of early, but I just thought of an interesting varaint for this Batmobile. I remember that in an episode of the 1960's T.V. Series, the Pengiun somehow was able to steal the Batmobile and modifiy it into his "Pengiunmobile" with the orange bats replace by orange Penguins, and some umberllas sticking out at the back(I think at those 3 smoke pipes). Batman and Robin, with the help of their Batcycle, were able to get the Batmobile back. Do any of you guys think this would be a good variant that can maybe come out in the future(Like 2008)? If they do, the packaging should have the words Batmobile scratched off with Pengiunmobile over it, just for the fun of it, and maybe a discription of the episode that it's based on as well.
Edited by A_Spidey_Fan on 17-01-2007 23:14
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 18-01-2007 00:44
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Yes!!!!! big grinI can't wait for Feb. I want those batmobiles in my hands right now.B)
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 18-01-2007 09:47
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A_Spidey_Fan wrote:
Anyways, I know it's kind of early, but I just thought of an interesting varaint for this Batmobile. I remember that in an episode of the 1960's T.V. Series, the Pengiun somehow was able to steal the Batmobile and modifiy it into his "Pengiunmobile" with the orange bats replace by orange Penguins, and some umberllas sticking out at the back(I think at those 3 smoke pipes). Batman and Robin, with the help of their Batcycle, were able to get the Batmobile back. Do any of you guys think this would be a good variant that can maybe come out in the future(Like 2008)? If they do, the packaging should have the words Batmobile scratched off with Pengiunmobile over it, just for the fun of it, and maybe a discription of the episode that it's based on as well.

That could be a cool variant; since Hot Wheels (understandably) wants to get as much out of a mold as possible, it would be nice to see variations based on the car's history. Maybe a flat black version with slightly different paint ops to simulate her "batfuzz" years?

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 19-01-2007 11:42
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

that is awesome!
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 19-01-2007 17:17
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well, the first finished car has now hit eBay. If you're willing to part with $20+ (at the time of this writing), go for it. Otherwise, you can wait a couple of weeks and get it at 99?.
Smile

RE: Suspicious activity with this item on E-Bay... - Posted on 20-01-2007 18:27
User Avatar inzo
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

I have been watching this auction and have come to the conclusion
that this is a fraud...
If you notice that the bidders do not want to disclose their names...
I would see if this was just one person; but every bid???
I have been a rabbid E-Bayer for years and I have never seen this
type of activity before...
Also notice the way the price keeps rising with the same none-disclosed
bidder...
I would say this has been busted...embarrassed

Edited by inzo on 20-01-2007 18:27
inzo http://www.picturetrail.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 20-01-2007 22:41
User Avatar thebatman63
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I agree. There is something mega-fishy about any auction where all the bidders choose to remain hidden with "private listing - bidders' identities protected". I saw this once before and it turned out that it was the seller himself upping the bids. I have a feeling that with a little patience starting next month there will be plenty to be had for .98 let alone $91.00. embarrassed

"I'm The Batman"!
na na na na na Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 21-01-2007 09:05
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The seller is actually the one who sets an auction to "private" - the bidders don't get a choice in the matter (info available here. Usually it's done on items with questionable content (either morally or legally), though yes, it can be used to mask bid shilling.

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 07-02-2007 10:45
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

To all check out this site, if you guys want an autgraph 66' BATMOBILE from Barris himself. It cost but better than ebaybig grin
http://www.hollyw...index.htm

"It's the car right, chicks love the car"
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 07-02-2007 15:20
User Avatar batman1989
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

so when is this suppose to come out anyone know the street date for it???

Daniel Williams

"You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" ~ JOKER

BatmanMovies.Com coming soon
h666myers daniel_williams_489@hotmail.com danieljwilliams2003 Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 01:06
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Ok according to this web site the 66' Batmobile are hitting the stores now http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/index.htm

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 01:09
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I will be there tomorrow and every single day just to get my hands on those lovely treasures. Smilebig grin:pB)

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 01:37
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

so the 66 Batmobile is the best Batmobile??
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 01:47
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

YES SIR! Since I was a kid, I remember I used to dart straight home from school to watch BATMAN and dream of owning one. So with my babysitting money I bought my very 1st #267 Corgi batmobile. My dad was in the navy and it was very hard to get all the batmobile that was out there, because my dad and the family would relocate to another duty station. Then I joined the Army and once again it was difficult to get hold of the batmobiles that was out there. So i am now out and with my job it allows me to browse to the stores in between job sites. I work in the field BTW. Having and seeing a 66' BATMOBILE brings me back when I was kid!big grinbig grinbig grin

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 09:26
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

BornAgainBatman wrote:
What kinda question is that? If we told you that the 1949 serial version was the best, would you automatically agree? :|

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 09:32
User Avatar iggiesmall
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

No, just because the 66' Batmobile brings me back a lot of memeories as a kid.

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 10:07
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Caleson wrote:
BornAgainBatman wrote:
What kinda question is that? If we told you that the 1949 serial version was the best, would you automatically agree? :|

But...but I like the '49 Mercury wink

It really depends on who you ask, though. Nearly half of any random group will answer that the '66 is indeed the best, and like iggiesmall there are a lot of good memories tied to that car. An equal number of people will say that the '89 movie car is the best without hesitation, and base their opinion primarily on the car's menacing appearance. Of the few people remaining, most will probably say the Tumbler is the best, citing that it is the only one capable of doing all of the things it is supposed to do. The rest of the group will say one of the comic book cars or the Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile. The most popular comic cars are the ones from 1944, 1950, Norm Breyfogle's various designs, or the one from 1998. Often these people claim one of these is their favorite because "it's what they remember" (nostalgia plays a huge role here, as it does with most things automotive. We actually have a thread about our favorite Batmobiles here.

Back to the topic of the Mattel '66, though:

First, photos of the 1/18 in its prototype (unpainted) stage are available. Click here and scroll down to see them.

Second, it appears that the 1/64 cars have started to hit the market. Looks like the southern mid/midwest states are the first ones to get them, check your local supermarkets (Krogers has reportedly had them in stock)

And finally, it looks like there are a few variants out there: three packaging differences and two casting differences. The packaging variants are the signed "Barris" card with an official Barris Kustom Industries seal, an advanced card with "1966 TV Series Batmobile" on the right edge, and the standard version with "TV Series Batmobile" on the right edge. Finally, the casting variation is that the car may have either smooth grille openings or textured "honeycomb" grille openings.

RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 10:09
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Caleson wrote:
BornAgainBatman wrote:

I mean to say, The '66 is the most popular?

Happy?
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 08-02-2007 10:57
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

A_Spidey_Fan wrote:
Anyways, I know it's kind of early, but I just thought of an interesting varaint for this Batmobile. I remember that in an episode of the 1960's T.V. Series, the Pengiun somehow was able to steal the Batmobile and modifiy it into his "Pengiunmobile" with the orange bats replace by orange Penguins, and some umberllas sticking out at the back(I think at those 3 smoke pipes).
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I'm just questioning whether or not such a design would make it to mass retail or be an exclusive or sorts. I doubt most younger kids would be familiar with it, but the idea is really neat and I'm sure there's plenty of older fans that'd love it.

BornAgainBatman wrote:
I mean to say, The '66 is the most popular?

Happy?
Indeed.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel '66 Batmobile News - First Test Shots on Page 2! - Posted on 09-02-2007 02:22
User Avatar batman1989
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

can u buy these online other than ebay.... my walmart is sold out on them

Daniel Williams

"You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" ~ JOKER

BatmanMovies.Com coming soon
h666myers daniel_williams_489@hotmail.com danieljwilliams2003 Send Private Message
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.