Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Classic Batman Toys - Posted on 02-09-2007 23:51
User Avatar Tom-Tom
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

who here thinks that batman should have a toy line seperate from DCUC? he has too many characters, and will more than likely overwhelm the line.
Edited by Chris on 03-12-2009 15:08
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 03-09-2007 01:08
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Unfortunatly Mattel seems to be over-whelmed by just one line at this point. There poor releases and reuse of many sculpts seems to point to them being unable to make more than one series at a time.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 03-09-2007 08:44
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I don’t think we need to smack Mattel over the head with the same issues again. I’m sure by now they have a pretty good idea what the collectors think about them. They have improved if only just a little from the MOTU days, but in some ways they did not change at all.

BATMAN could have his own separate line, but I say could because outside of the A-List characters, how many kids are going to know all of them? Sure everybody knows The Joker, Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face and Killer Croc, but how many know who Black Mask is?

DC Direct is where you will find the B-List and lower characters getting their day in plastic. I can’t see Mattel justifying the cost to tool and produce The Clock King, Lady Shiva, Mr. Zsasz, King Snake or even Hugo Strange.

The ONLY issue I have with this new DC SuperHeroes becoming more DCU is that Mattel has already done DCU figures for the JLU line. How many of you out there have five or six extra Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern figures because Mattel stuck those in 3 Packs with the exclusive figure you wanted? Will kids want, or parents buy a DCU Wonder Woman when they already have a JLU version?

RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 03-09-2007 10:12
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

In a way, I agree, I would love to have a Batman and a Superman line.

And with this line being for collectors, they could do B list, and even C list. However, how long could it last? Mattel is trying to change. So lets give this new line a chance and see what happens. My worst fear is that, once again, we won't be able to find the figures.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 03-09-2007 12:34
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

FlaBat wrote:
DC Direct is where you will find the B-List and lower characters getting their day in plastic. I can’t see Mattel justifying the cost to tool and produce The Clock King, Lady Shiva, Mr. Zsasz, King Snake or even Hugo Strange.
Hell, DC Direct hasn't even made those characters yet. And I agree that Mattel producing them would be highly unlikely. It was a big surprise when Hasbro released those animated Toys R US 4-packs with Gordon, Alfred, Talia, and others. The Mattel figures we're talking about are nearly twice their size and much more intricate.

I was pretty thrilled to see the upcoming DCU figures and can't really conjure up complains when they haven't even seen shelves. My main worry is the same as Chris's, that they'll be too hard to find.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 03-09-2007 15:36
User Avatar Tom-Tom
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

i dont think we should turn to DCD. they have basically the same things mattel had a few years ago, and regularly did better than mattel despite the higher price. but while mattel has changed (a lot), i dont see DCD changing even one bit. the scale varies wildly, the articulation is sub-par, and the paint apps leave something to be desired. i dont remember who, but a few years ago someone said "DCD relies on characters rather than variants". how things have changed. now we are getting little more than artist versions of batman and superman.
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 19-10-2007 03:56
User Avatar tomstoyz
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

My only problem with Mattel is that they re-package figures or do re-paints...LAME! But some of their new stuff is really nice, the sculpts are getting better.

Please visit the NEW BAT-BLOG!
http://www.bat-blog.com
http://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 20-10-2007 02:06
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Like Chris and caleson said, I hope to find the figures in stores not online
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 18-11-2009 11:32
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Everyone, I was just on a website known as Television Obscurities (tvobscurities.com) and they had an article about Topps Batman Trading Cards from 1966, there were three sets of these (pictures look like comic book art) the site owner even scanned four cards from series 1 which were known as 'orange backs' or black bat' cards. The article also mentions a set of cards from the 1966 movie but none of them are seen.
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 18-11-2009 14:04
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yea.. these are cool cards. I have a reprinted set. I will scan them someday!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 18-11-2009 14:57
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

O _ O

PENGUIN!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

embarrassed

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 30-11-2009 17:45
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

For those that are shopping for Christmas gifts for fellow Batfans and even those who aren't: There is a website Oldies.com and I put BATMAN in the search window and over 250 items came up...everything from movie serials to cartoons to the music (including orchestras playing the music) to Movies and shows that starred actors that were involved in anything Batman

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 30-11-2009 19:09
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Chris wrote:
Yea.. these are cool cards. I have a reprinted set. I will scan them someday!

1966? lol is that badass looking Batman supposed to be Adam West?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 02-12-2009 19:44
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I'm not sure Raz, looks like what the card company thought Adam West should have looked like...LOLbatman
RE: Batman Classics - Posted on 02-12-2009 21:58
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Everyone has to check out the Bat Blog entry for 12/2/09 (Today) it has pictures of a Japanese Catalog with nothing but Batman toys...Everything from Japanese toys to I think Mego Action Figures and Action Figures from the Burton/Schumacher films...some of that japanese stuff was just wild to see.
RE: Classic Batman Toys - Posted on 04-12-2009 18:16
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I was wondering would anyone happen to know how much the album JAN AND DEAN MEET BATMAN would be worth, I have a copy somewhere in my house.batman
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.