Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 > >>
The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 25-04-2008 23:30
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Wal-Mart Gets The Dark Knight Merchandise First!

The Dark Knight merchandise from Think Way Toys and Tyco R/C has landed at Wal-Mart. Mostly Role Playing toys with gloves, power gauntlet, utility belt, ninja sword and a new spring open cape as well as two R/C Batmobiles from Tyco R/C are among the first to be seen.

Most are reissues of previous Batman Begins merchandise, although some have been reworked and updated a little differently this time. Still a few all-new items are out including an all-new smaller (about 1:32 scale?) Batmobile. There is also the bigger version of Tyco’s Batmobile, but unlike the previous version this one does not look like it jumps.

So far, no action figures have been seen, but in the coming weeks that will change as The Dark Knight merchandise will slowly carve out space on the toy aisles of stores nationwide.

This Thread will serve as a Sightings Thread with people posting what they've seen and where they've seen it.

Happy Hunting

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 26-04-2008 04:19
User Avatar bradyd3
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i actually went to walmart four days ago and got a joker figure and two batmans! the lady told me the rest of it is may 5th releaseJoker3
bdvcai@yahoo.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 26-04-2008 09:12
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Nice. I suspect some stores may put them out early as I've seen figures on eBay already.

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 26-04-2008 10:22
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Hye guys... if you are able to take pics.. please post em up! If you can help build our Toy Archives, you will be given a medal! yes

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 26-04-2008 17:34
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

My local Wal-Mart opened the floodgates early. They have a large selection of TDK action figures. Unfortunately, with the exception of the Joker, most of them are reworkings of the BB line, including the Ultra line. Many of the item names are the same as previously released BB items (I recall Knight Staff Batman, Ninja Bruce to Batman). I also found and bought the R/C Batmobile and R/C Batcopter. And in the non-R/C catagory, I bought a Batcycle, Knight Cycle and Attack Copter. There's also an R/C Quad Striker ATV shown on the Tyco boxes, but I haven't seen this one yet. Nor did I see anything about a larger scale R/C Batmobile, but now I know to look. The above-mentioned Knight Cycle is a repackaged BB Batcycle. The new TDK Batcycle is different though. The R/C Batcopter looks just like the BB Batcopter, but the Attack Copter is new. The new packaging is cool and all, I'm just disappointed in the lack of originality for the second movie merchandising. Out of three Wal-Marts in a 20-mile radius from me, only the only the one in my town has displayed these items. I'll let you all know if I come across anything else.
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 26-04-2008 21:45
User Avatar bradyd3
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i dont undersyand why they can sell some now and not everything until may 5th. i rarely see "preview" sales. its like watching a movie preview and then waiting to see it. i dont think toys should be that way ya knowno
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 26-04-2008 22:39
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I picked up a Joker and Batman in new suit at Toys R us last night. I'll try to get some pics up soon. The cool thing is that apparently the computer didn't want to ring up the figures so I got them for the price that the cashier estimated them to be: $4.99. I thought my total seemed way too low, but didn't really notice what had happened until I got home.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 00:26
User Avatar bradyd3
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i checked toys r us down here and they didnt have a thing. they had alot of dc stuff but no dark knight. im waiting to see if they will have some 10-12inch, good detail joker figures. i saw somewhere that they might pull the joker figures, or quit making them shortly cause of heaths death, dont know if its true or not. but im definitely gonna be at walmart midnight of the fifth to see what they got. i think there might be some surprises though.batman3
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 11:11
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The Joker figures from The Dark Knight Collection were hard enough to find at retail back in 1990, so I hope Mattel has upped production and distribution of The Joker figures for all The Dark Knight series.

Sadly, Heath’s death will have an impact on them and there already are eBay scalpers putting TDK Joker figures online for double to 10 times or more than retail price. The 5.5” figures seem to be in the $25 range, but I saw one of the “Hyper” figures at $99.00 a week ago.

Personally, I would like to see a boycott on eBay sellers of The Joker figures and help drive down their prices or better yet keep them from scalping them from retail to begin with.

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 11:46
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Also Flabat.. most of The Joker figures that are being found have the green suit. In Fact Spencer found one of those.

As for Ebay.. I won't comment to much because we are getting ready to sell a Joker figure on Ebay.. but I always list low. First.. the higher you list, the more listing fees are.

But I would only list high if it truly is a rare item.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 13:39
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I wouldn't worry about the price gougers, a lot of people still don't have the figures so the fleecers think they can put a huge tag on them and sell them as a rare collectable; once power sellers start putting them on eBay for the actual price the gougers will have to lower the price to compete.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 27-04-2008 13:40
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 16:09
User Avatar bradyd3
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

i agree with both of you, but i think there should at least be a limit on how many you can buy at one time. you got people going in there and buying them all out to resell, i dont think thats fair to the fan who just wants one for his collection, ya know, or a kid thats new to batman that will never get that joker figure unless he coughs up a hundred dollars of his allowance to get one.
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 16:40
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

As I stated above, my local Wal-Mart has a large display of TDK stuff already. There was no shortage of green-suited "Detructo-Case Joker" figures. There were plenty, so I would advise folks not to spend an arm and a leg for a Joker until your local stores start displaying TDK merchandise. I've already gotten five vehicles and four figures, and it's still over two and a half months until the movie debuts, so be patient. I'd also like to somewhat recant my previous comments about TDK figures having the same names as some of the BB figures. The comments I made about the vehicles stand, but the figures actually have similar but different names. TDK has "Staff Strike BM" vs. "Knight Staff BM" from BB. TDK has "Hover Attack BM" vs. "Hover Claw BM" from BB. TDK has "Grip Gear BM" vs. "Battle Gear BM" from BB. TDK has "Bruce to Ninja BM" vs. "Ninja Bruce to BM" from BB. There's also a new "Fear Shot Scarecrow" vs. the "Skull Strike Scarecrow" from BB. Now you can see why at first glance the names rang so familiar.
I've also noticed that the packaging shown in some early glimpses here and elsewhere is different from the packaging design that I've seen so far for TDK stuff from Mattell. Was there a change in design or is the other still to come?
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 21:37
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Here are some pictures of the smaller Dark Knight figures. This is Detructo-Case Joker and Staff Strike Batman. I haven't taken Batman accessories out of the package. I really have little interest in spinning sticks for my Batman figures, but this seems to be the new suit from the movie.

Click for enlargement

Joker with Destructo Case - all of the stuff come out of its holder with knife handles attached for him to hold the weapons. The case closes up to hide all of the stuff as well.

Scale Shot with Begins Batman and Hush Batman

The Joker is a little more cartoony than the Begins figures. I guess that is just how he was going to turn out though. Still they seem to fit in well with the Begins and Superman Returns figures. I guess there is probably some compatibility with the Spider-man 3 figures, but I am not even sure where the Spidey I bought is.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 27-04-2008 22:44
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

craigomoteo wrote:

I've also noticed that the packaging shown in some early glimpses here and elsewhere is different from the packaging design that I've seen so far for TDK stuff from Mattell. Was there a change in design or is the other still to come?

It went from this:

To this:

Personally, I liked the first.. who knows why they changed, that can be one of the questiosn for Mattel...

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 28-04-2008 12:32
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I agree that the prototype figure card looks better. Much more dynamic and would stand out better in the toy aisle. Although the lower title piece would need adjustments for the figure name and graphics, which it has. They probably figured they should make it simple since that artwork of Batmaan swinging will probably be exhausted on other TDK merchandise packaging.

Scalpers buying out a toy aisle to sell on eBay is just crap, not only for collectors but for kids. I'd like to see an eBay boycott too, but we know it couldn't happen. I definitely don't want any part of that. Hell, I'm not sure I even want the basic Joker figure since he looks like a variation of Beetlejuice from the ABC cartoon series. I know Ledger looks creepy, but Mattel really punked out on that one to make him kid friendly. I'll probably break down and get one eventually; I'll just feel foolish in doing so... He's a frickin' cartoon.

craigomoteo wrote:
As I stated above, my local Wal-Mart has a large display of TDK stuff already.
By display do you mean promotional stands/banners? If so, please take some photos. I regret not taking a few shots of the display my Toys R Us had in 2005, and I'd love to see the new TDK setup.

So is May 5th the official release date for TDK figures? I want to say that was the date for Batman Begins, and I remember virtually everyone one here got the figures in their area by late April.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 28-04-2008 12:42
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Actually, for Begins it was the begining of April. I remember because we had just gotten out Tax check and I went to look for the stuff and ended up getting 100 dollars worth. My wife and I fought.. LOL.

I agree about the Joker, in alot of ways, he doesn't even fit in with the rest of the figures. I can understand making him more kid freindly, but thats just to much...

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 28-04-2008 21:52
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The four Dark Knight Power Tek figures were out at a Wal-Mart tonight. Also out was a second small Batmobile from Tyco R/C. While they are about the same size, one is Radio Control using RF and the other Remote Control using IR. More Role Play items were out too including a child sized cowl with two different LED light up rings around the eyeholes.

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 28-04-2008 22:55
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Nothing at the local Wally World for me . . .
Of course ours is probably THE WORST one in this part of the US.

Though . . .
I managed to get a first run B:TAS joker
With a torn package
in about 2003.

They MUST have found it behind a shelf in the distribution center (5 miles from the store, so all the "random junk" gets sold at this store) or in the floor in the back.

I wonder if the display will EVER get put up . . .
(The Corgi 1/43 cars ONLY showed up when on clearance . . .)

Though, there are multiple serious "super centers" within 20-45 miles . . .
As long as I am pretty confident something SHOULD be there, I can find it and make it worth the trip (which can be taken at 60-80 mph almost all the way to all the stores).

Sum Nox!
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 29-04-2008 00:38
User Avatar mistahJ
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

MacWage wrote:
Nothing at the local Wally World for me . . .
Of course ours is probably THE WORST one in this part of the US.

Though . . .
I managed to get a first run B:TAS joker
With a torn package
in about 2003.

They MUST have found it behind a shelf in the distribution center (5 miles from the store, so all the "random junk" gets sold at this store) or in the floor in the back.

I wonder if the display will EVER get put up . . .
(The Corgi 1/43 cars ONLY showed up when on clearance . . .)

Though, there are multiple serious "super centers" within 20-45 miles . . .
As long as I am pretty confident something SHOULD be there, I can find it and make it worth the trip (which can be taken at 60-80 mph almost all the way to all the stores).

Holy Crap! That's the wierdest thing ive heard all night.
I haven't seen anything yet but then again i haven't really been looking.

Why so Serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.