Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 12 of 12 << < 9 10 11 12
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 29-10-2008 10:30
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I picked up a Movie Master Batpod this weekend. I really wish that Mattel would put out more vehicles for the 6" line if this is the quality that we could expect. My only issue is that the hands on the Dark Knight Batman are a little too stiff to easily go on the handlebars.

DCUC Batman fits pretty well and goes on easily though. I think I almost prefer the way it looks on the bike to the movie figure.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 25-11-2008 22:28
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Darknight wrote:
I picked up a Movie Master Batpod this weekend. I really wish that Mattel would put out more vehicles for the 6" line if this is the quality that we could expect. My only issue is that the hands on the Dark Knight Batman are a little too stiff to easily go on the handlebars.

Here's how I did it. I put an Allen Wrench or Hex Key in Batman's hand to open it up. Then slid it up half way to the bottom of the fist. I the slid the Batpod Grip into the top of Batman's fist (The wrench is larger than the grip) fist and pulled the Allen Wrench out as I pushed the fist on the Grip.

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 25-11-2008 22:29
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

At long last Two-Face is out on the pegs. Coin Blast Two-Face from the Fourth Wave of The Dark Knight figures was found at a Wal-Mart tonight. Coin Blast Two-Face, along with re-releases of Grapnel Launcher BATMAN, Saw Shot BATMAN and Power Punching The Joker are on the pegs. All four figures now include a unique Collector Card in the package.

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 03-12-2008 22:54
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I still have not seen Rocket Pack Firefly as a single figure, but he is out in a two pack with Stealth Wing BATMAN that I picked up at Target tonight. There are other two packs too, all with previously released figures. Wal-Mart also as a special two pack with Batman and Joker basic figures.

RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 31-12-2008 20:59
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Just when you thought all The Dark Knight toys would be gone by Christmas, along come some new ones. Stealth Signal Batman is an 11” figure that come with one of the neatest accessories ever. A spinning device on his right arm has 7 Red LED’s that form different patterns including different Bat Logos as it spins. Also two new vehicles, Armored Cycle is all-new with translucent armored sides and Batcopter is a Batman Begins reissue. The third vehicle in the series is a redecoed Treadator. All were found at Wal-Mart and may be store exclusives.

Oddly enough while these new items look like TDK packaging, they do not say The Dark Knight on them anywhere. Instead it says BATMAN on the Bat Logo on the upper right corner and they have a new version of Batman on the lower left front corner of the package.

More TDK/BATMAN is coming in 2009 with Movie Master versions of Batman with white “sonar” eyes, Scarecrow in a business suit with the mask, Harvey Dent and Two Face and Bank Robber Joker.a new variant based on Gotham City Thug.

As expected most stores had a lot of TDK sold over the Holidays, but still some stores like Toys R Us had a fair supply still on the pegs, so did some Wal-Marts. Target looked to be picked nearly clean but look for a lot of Clearance Prices on what TDK is still on the pegs.

Edited by FlaBat on 01-01-2009 11:20
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 06-01-2009 21:35
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Even more Batman figures are in stores. While they are in TDK style packaging, The Dark Knight does not appear anywhere on the packaging, nor is there any references on the Card / Box Backs to previous TDK figures.

New boxed 10” figures of Batman New Batsuit and The Joker are in stores, although I did not see Batman, he is listed on the back of The Joker’s box. The Joker is not the Heath Ledger version but rather the Destructo-Case / Punch Packing Joker version except little or no articulation (appears to be only shoulders) and no coat. The Joker is dressed in grey shirt, green vest and purple pants and gloves make him look like he did while in GCPD custody. The Joker comes with a Bazooka.

Three new 5.5” Deluxe figures are out too. BATMAN Ultra Armor series of figures are new sculpts with chrome vac-metal deco and huge weapon accessories. Triple Shot BATMAN, Swing Shot BATMAN and Drill Strike BATMAN are the three currently out and like The Joker above, are hanging on the pegs at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure if they are Wal-Mart exclusives or not.

Edited by FlaBat on 06-01-2009 22:12
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 07-01-2009 05:11
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Boy, I've not seen those new figures you're showing, FlaBat. Then again, I haven't been to Wal Mart since probably November. The 10-inchers really surprise me.

Personally, I don't care for the basic TDK figure assortment, especially the kiddie Joker which is more of an insult than anything. The bland card art doesn't help matters either. Movie Masters has luckily made them all the more obsolete, so MM is all I've boughten. I still need to customize my MM Joker's face paint and make a suit & tie Scarecrow (my brother got me the Joker goon and Scarecrow for $7 each on discount).

It's good to see that Two-Face is being released for both the basic line and MM. But I think it's safe to consider Batman Forever's Two-Face figure superior over TDK's basic Two-Face. I can easily say that as I young boy I would've preferred my a life-size coin replica over this goofy spiked launcher.

With Batman Begins, I overindulged and bought needless novelty items (i.e. a Halloween bucket sculpted as Batman's head). But now with TDK, I'm cutting way back and concentrating on good merchandise.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 07-01-2009 08:10
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Cale, they are coming out with a suit and tie Scarecrow. I've got pics, I'll get them uploaded later today and send you the link.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: The Dark Knight Merchandise Sightings - Posted on 07-01-2009 23:55
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Chris wrote:
Cale, they are coming out with a suit and tie Scarecrow. I've got pics, I'll get them uploaded later today and send you the link.
Yeah, I can't believe both my brother and I forgot that. The photo shows him in the same body and vest as the bank thug which I would've used. While we're on the topic, I sure hope Aaron Eckhart's likeness is more accurate on the final versions of Harvey Dent and Two-Face. And they better not make Joker's bank robbery attire brown either. Even the worst photographic memory would realize that that's wrong.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Page 12 of 12 << < 9 10 11 12
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.