Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Batman Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 12-08-2008 16:23
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

Well it looks like TPTB (The Powers That Be) at Warner Bros. & Dc Comics are trying to Cash in Big on The Dark Knight's Success . By Releasing another Batman video game to the mix .

Game Informer subscribers are in for a real treat this month. We’re proud to bring you the world-exclusive first look at Batman: Arkham Asylum from Rocksteady Studios and Eidos. This completely original title explores Gotham City’s darkest location, the infamous Arkham Asylum. But as a routine prison transfer goes wrong, The Joker sets his demented plan into action and Batman comes face to face with an army of his worst enemies. In a dark and gritty setting reminiscent of Bioshock (with a story co-written by Paul Dini), Arkham Asylum is setting the stage for a true-to-character Batman game.

Here are two covers promoting Batman : Arkham Asylum Featuring - BATMAN & THE JOKER

http://www.gamein...23309.htm

And check out the official website of Batman : Arkham Asylum
Where at the moment their is a massive Bat with countdown timer in the center .

http://www.rockst...

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 12-08-2008 17:25
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Co written by Paul Dini you say? Gritty realism? A story reminisant of my second favorite Batman book?

Hey, if we get good game play in this one we're good to go!

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 12-08-2008 17:35
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 12-08-2008 22:28
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Wow, really wow. I really hope this game turns out well, and not like the last time someone tried to make a dark and gritty Batman game; Batman: Dark Tomorrow.

Man, I can't wait until this issue!

Edit: A First Person Shooter? A Batman First Person Shooter? Batman doesn't even use guns. I'll have to see the Game Informer.
Edited by Detective on 12-08-2008 22:47
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 12-08-2008 22:54
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

Update

Player Action Game, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC

Publisher: Eidos

Developer: Rocksteady Sudios

Release: 2009

- Clever choice of location moves the game away from an open world Spider-Man clone and more into the dark and gritty realm of The Chronicles of Riddick.

- Packed with Batman's most dangerous archenemies Arkham Asylum boasts a brand new story reminiscent of the depth and twists of Bioshock

- Story is written by Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series, Detective Comics)

- Wildstorm is crafting the authentic yet distinct new look for all the key characters

- Gameplay places just as much focus on Batman's role as a detective as his combat prowess.

- Game isn't being rushed to tie in with any TV/Film marketing cycles.

- Game runs on Unreal Engine 3

- Most of the game is played through an over-the-shoulder perspective

- You're going to see and get to fight against all the big super villains. Seen so far. Joker, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Zsasz, Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze and others the magazine doesn't want to spoil.

- Allies revealed so far are Commissioner Gordon who plays a big role and Barbara Gordon (aka Oracle) who is your radio contact in the game.

- Game opens with the Joker surrendering himself and subsequently taking over Arkham because of some secret the facility holds

- Magazine teases that this game will be the ultimate Batman experience so the voice cast will reflect that (Think Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill).

- Arkham was chosen as a location because of its limitations including the fact that it's an island prison. It's a persistent location so you can visit any location at anytime including Batman's secret on site Bat Cave etc. Don't think that just because this is an island prison there will only be small hallways. The developers have taken into account all the construction/destruction of the facility over the years so locals will vary.

- Eidos' Batman license includes all 70 years of comic book fiction so they're pulling from all of that.

COMBAT

- Boss Battles won't necessarily be a series of straight pugilistic fights. Each enemy represents a different side of Batman and not all of them can match his wide skill set. Some battles are focused on combat others will focus on gadgets some are similar to giant Zelda style bosses.

- Combat description in the magazine talks about Batman perched on a high ledge in a wide open room as he watches some of the Joker's thugs rifle through drawers. Batman switches to investigation mode using a blue tinted visor that among other things lets Batman see his enemies through walls and identifies things like guns and knives. One thug is carrying a machine gun so Batman jumps of the ledge, spreads his cape and kicks him in the face. He then swipes his cape in a large arc to stun his other enemies and then goes to work on them with a stylish blend of punches, kicks, a knee to the face here a behind the back elbow there. Combat has a gymnastic flourish and is accomplished using only three buttons. Attack, Stun and Throw.

- Combat is only one element of the game so the developers didn't want a bunch of button combos that you'd forget because you'll be doing other things besides fighting.

- During battle a combo multiplier at the top of the screen will increase with every strike. Once the combo expires a colony of bats will swirl around Batman and then contribute to an experience bar on the left side of the screen. In an RPG like skill tree system players will be able to distribute points where they prefer. Think Combat moves, faster takedowns, or gadget upgrades like the ability to throw multiple batarangs at the same time.

- Gadgets are revealed by collecting items in secret rooms. You'll need gadgets to survive as there are very tough enemies in the game that you can't just go head to head with (Think Killer Croc, he's 10 feet tall in the game and super tough)

- There are sections that involve sneaking but the developers call them Predatory gameplay sections as stealth tends to imply weakness, they prefer to think of it as picking off the weak people or people you wouldn't last too long in direct fight with from strong positions. The example they give in the article is Batman creating distractions with bodies and victim's yells and then stalking the guards as they go to inspect.

DETECTIVE

- Developers have come up with a very "sexy" CSI style for forensic puzzles because Batman will always have the very latest gadgets.

- Investigative mode is the centerpiece in Batman's arsenal. The visor can highlight points of interest and much like the Metroid Prime games will scan items into your database.

- They also mention another forensic gadget, a fingerprint tracker that allow Batman to follow trails of fingerprints.

OTHER

- Magazine hints at the ability to play as the villains in the game. Not sure if this is inserted directly into the game or available as a second playthrough option.

- Magazine lists a few suggested reading items. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, Batman: The Last Arkham, and Arkham Asylum: Living Hell.

GRAPHICS

- Game is very gritty looking. The screens in the mag are all inside Arkham and show case a few hallways, The Riddler's cell, A sewer etc. Lots of great lighting going on.

- Character redesigns are pretty good for the most part. Joker looks like classic Joker only with Heath Ledger style make up (long drawn on red lipstick etc.) he still has a the bright purple suit and bright green hair. Definitely more sinister looking than say the TAS Joker. Killer Croc is huge and looks more like Jim Lee's Hush redesign as opposed to some of the more human renditions of him.

- Batman is in the Black and Grey costume. It looks more like armor however his gauntlets in particular look like the ones from TDK. Overall it looks very awesome.

- The show screens of fights and predator segments and all look very interesting.

http://www.joysti...#comments

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 12-08-2008 23:07
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Okay, wow, that sounds MUCH better, thanks for posting. Now I just can't wait to see the screenshots.
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 12-08-2008 23:55
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

interesting. batman has been getting a lot of attention in all forms of media. batman's going to have so many video games; mk vs dcu, dcuo, lego batman, arkham asylum, and dark knight(?)..

my one question is why haven't we gotten a The Batman game? the series set up a cast of characters perfect for a fighting game. oh well. lego batman looks to be lots of fun though. batarang system is AWESOME.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 13-08-2008 21:05
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

Originally posted by Psycho_Sith @ SHH (Superhero hype boards)

here's two screens from the article:

Batman delivering The Joker to Arkham Asylum

Killer Croc staring down Bats

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 13-08-2008 23:14
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

That is a MASSIVE Croc!

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 13-08-2008 23:22
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

isn't that a little too big for croc? that's like king kong size.

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 13-08-2008 23:52
User Avatar Tartan Jack
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Phil wrote:
isn't that a little too big for croc? that's like king kong size.

King Kong is bigger.

However, it DOES look quite a bit like a Rancor!
(See Return of the Jedi)

Sum Nox!
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 14-08-2008 00:27
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Yeah Croc is huge! Not saying it's a bad thing though.

The graphics look impressive enough, especially if that's gameplay footage, which it looks like it is.
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 14-08-2008 15:10
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

Scans from Game Informer on the upcoming Video Game BATMAN : Arkham Asylum. from SHH member Dark_Lord

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 14-08-2008 15:36
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

wow, great find man. this game is looking to be awesome. in some of those shots, batman looks similar to the dark knight look. definitely reminds me of alex ross' rendition of batman.

RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 14-08-2008 16:20
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I love the art direction; the grittiness looks to me me a like an amalgam between Jim Lee and, of course, Dave McKean. Joker just looks warped, and Batman is like a young version of Ross's with a badass suit.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 14-08-2008 16:25
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Yeah the game looks fantastic. Batman does look like an Alex Ross version, you can even see his eyes.
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 21-08-2008 10:13
User Avatar tomstoyz
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

This game looks pretty cool. I really like the graphics but let's hope the game play is good too.

Also, I like how they wheel the Joker around like he's Hannibal Lector from Silence of The Lambs ...funny!

Please visit the NEW BAT-BLOG!
http://www.bat-blog.com
http://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 24-02-2009 09:59
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I loved the recent trailer with the voices of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill. My only gripe was it looked like Batman's face was flat. Did anyone else notice this or was it just me?

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 24-02-2009 10:43
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I think I saw a trailer for this game on here. It looked awesome. Graphics and everything. Joker is totally amazing. I was scrolling down and I saw the cover for the GAMEINFORMER magazine. Joker looks totally awesome on the cover, really cute. The Batman video games just keep getting better and better. I don't play video games however, I just watch other people play.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 25-02-2009 02:04
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

this game is gonna be the poo and a half in my opinion i expect good things from this.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum - Posted on 27-02-2009 17:56
User Avatar Darkbatman
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

This game looks like one of the best Batman games to ever be made right next to Rise of Sin Tuz.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.