Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 16-06-2009 11:46
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Writer Chris Yost (New X-Men, X-Force) and artist by Ramon Bachs (Civil War: Front Line) kick off a brand-new ongoing series right here with "The Grail" part 1 of 4! Following the aftermath of BATTLE FOR THE COWL, a new Batman watches over Gotham City. But not everyone is ready to give up on the old one. Someone believes that Bruce Wayne may still be alive…and that someone is Red Robin. But who is wearing the Red Robin costume, and why is he traveling the globe looking for a dead man? Whoever he is, he's not alone in his search!

Edited by Chris on 16-06-2009 11:46
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 16-06-2009 11:48
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It's taken me a week but I finally got this up!

I liked the issue, I don't like how it went down with Dick basically telling Tim he's no longer Robin, but the issue was very well done.

Here's the bio for Red Robin:
http://www.batman...robin.php

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 19-06-2009 11:59
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Aside from the odd page where Tim is staring at the floor and then realizes that Bruce is alive (what am I missing there), I really liked this. It contrasts well to Tim's first outing in the first Robin miniseries (story titled "Big Bad World"wink. Now we have a much more experienced Tim Drake traveling to some of his stops from that first world tour.

Many of the things I have read about the new Batman and Robin, put Damian as more like Batman, but to me the only character remotely resembling Bruce is Tim. The evolution over the years has turned out pretty well. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 26-06-2009 04:39
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

This is the best post-BftC issue I've read. I'm interested in seeing where it's going.

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 14-04-2010 23:04
User Avatar Lippy
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

How is everyone liking this series? I'm a huge fan of Tim, but a lot of reviews online have been critical of Chris Yost's writing. Fabian Nicieza is slated to take over. Will this series die or continue past the Return of Bruce Wayne?
RE: Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 15-04-2010 07:51
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I like the series, I to am a fan of Tim Drake and any series he's in, I'll read.

RE: Red Robin Talk Back - Posted on 15-04-2010 23:36
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

red robin's really fun to read! tim drake, rather tim wayne, is such an interesting character. he's not like dick grayson, jason todd, or even bruce wayne for that matter. he's most like bruce...but he has friends. lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.