Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 16-06-2009 11:58
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

In this special epilogue to BATTLE FOR THE COWL, new BATMAN writer Judd Winick rejoins the Bat Family! This 40-page issue explores the final moments of the Battle for the Cowl as the new Batman learns that winning the Cowl comes at a high price! Witness the new Batman taking to the streets of Gotham City for the first time! Putting a new man inside the Bat-suit was the easy part – now the fun begins! Guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman, this issue is a must-read for any Batman fan.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 19-06-2009 11:55
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Part of me wishes that they had done a slightly modified version of this issue instead of the miniseries. This will probably be my favorite of the series since the presence of Damian is supposed to be minimal. It is going to take a lot of work before I am able to accept the new Robin.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 19-06-2009 19:15
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I agree, I got a lot more out of this one issue then I did with three issues of BFTC.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 21-06-2009 01:24
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I think the reason everyone dislikes damiann is because of the manner in which the introduced I mean they had him kill a batman villian can't remember his name and then they had him try to take tim's place who is most ppl's favorite robin I mean they had him go as far as punch tim off of the dinosaur in the batman or at least that's what i think he punched him off I can't exactly remember though

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 21-06-2009 09:51
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The brat is ok, but I perfer Tim as Robin. When Bruce comes back, I'd like to see Tim be Robin again, why not name Damian Batboy? I mean, seriously, that would make more sense, well, that is IF he is truly Bruce's son.

RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 21-06-2009 17:54
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I wasn't sure I wanted to get into Reborn because Bruce wasn't Batman but after reading this issue, I'm slowly getting more interested in seeing how Dick will handle the responsibility. It was a pretty emotional story which I liked. It makes the most sense that the only person who could step into Bruce's shoes is Dick Grayson. Since he's not as dark as Bruce, I'm curious what his attitude will be like. This might be the one series I'll continue reading.

It's too bad Ed Benes won't continue being the artist, I enjoy his art work.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 24-06-2009 23:38
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Damians a weeny. I honestly hope that they kill him off. I'll admit, that he isnt as bad as when he was first introduced, but I still don't like him. LAME. It was a good issue though.
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 26-06-2009 04:37
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

I like Damian. The scene where he appears in his original Robin suit with and I also liked the way this issue threw all the whining Bat-Fans a bone about bridging the gap between R.I.P./Final Crisis and BftC. Still, I'm not really looking forward to Winnick's run on Batman. Seems like it's gonna be too dull to me.

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Batman #687 Talkback - Posted on 05-07-2009 13:58
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

I just picked this up from the comic shop yesterday and I've already read it once but I plan on going back to read it again for a second time. I loved the length of it I mean you really get your moneys worth on this one. I'm still absolutely in love with this new roller coaster ride that Richard as batman is giving us. I do think Damian is a bratty but he did just lose his "father" and I'm sure if it was up to his 10 year old brain he should be the new batman but for obvious reasons that just isn't happening any time soon. I do agree with Chris thought if/when Bruce returns batboy does seem like a good title for him.

You can also catch a video review of this issue here

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.