Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Detective Comics Featuring Batwoman Talkback! - Posted on 16-06-2009 12:05
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A new era in the history of DETECTIVE COMICS begins as Batwoman is unleashed on Gotham City! Marked by the blood-red bat, Kate Kane is a soldier fighting her own private war – one that began years ago and haunts her every waking moment. With a script by Greg Rucka and breath-taking art by JH Williams III, you've never seen anything like this!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Detective Comics Featuring Batwoman Talkback! - Posted on 25-06-2009 20:27
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The series has started off good. The one thing I really don't like, Kate's super white. At first I thought it was just the art, but the other people are actually colored. Kate looks like a bad goth. (not offense to goths by any means)

One a plus side, it is mentioned that Bette is coming to town. Well, here's the pic:

Of course Bette or Betty was the first Bat-Girl : READ THE BIO HERE!

Of course Bette Kane is also Flamebird, so maybe that's who they are talking about? Now after the Crisis, we do see Bette wondering "what Aunt Kate's up to in Gotham", so presumably the two are related??

Time will tell! Will Bette become the new Batgirl? Something to ponder at least.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Detective Comics Featuring Batwoman Talkback! - Posted on 26-06-2009 04:51
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Just read the issue and it's fan-bloody-tastic. I like the huge contrast between Gotham during the day and Gotham at night time. I'm already interested in the new Batwoman, and I'm gonna start hunting down her previous appearances right now.

Trust me people, Batwoman is the perfect replacement for Batman in Detective Comics. Go out and buy this issue now!

[color=yellow]THE KING IN YELLOW
OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Detective Comics Featuring Batwoman Talkback! - Posted on 28-06-2009 07:55
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

this sounds like a great issue, i can't wait to get it.
RE: Detective Comics Featuring Batwoman Talkback! - Posted on 28-06-2009 21:08
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Ive been excited about this for a while, cant wait to read it!
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.