Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 04-04-2010 21:53
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I'm sure there are characters outside the DC Universe that you'd like to see teamup with Batman. So share your ideas! I want to see what interesting ones you come up with.

Mine are Batman and:
The Shadow (Similar type of characters)

The Phantom (I finally saw the 1996 movie recently and thought it was enjoyable so I felt he'd be a good candidate as an ally for Batman)

Spawn (A new story. I didn't like the Frank Miller one or the story DC Comics came up with)

Shadowhawk (Creature of the night just like Batman)

The Predator (I want Andy Kubert to come back to do the art. I enjoyed the first series of Batman vs. Predator. Second series was pretty good too. I didn't finish the third series though)

What about you?

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 04-04-2010 23:15
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Sherlock Holmes? Favorite literature character and comics character. However there is a time period problem with that...

Also, there's plenty of great video game characters that would be cool for a team up...maybe, I don't know about great, but interesting anyway.
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 06-04-2010 20:31
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I agree with kpang about The Shadow, but I would add Green Hornet both from old radio
From Marvel I could see Batman teaming with either Captain America or Wolverine
From Image how about Hellboy
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 06-04-2010 22:48
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I think there was a Hellboy/Batman teamup but I didn't read it. Green Hornet is actually a pretty interesting idea although I'm not familiar with him. I only know about Kato.

I don't see a problem with Sherlock Holmes. Both characters are timeless and can work in all sorts of environments. I can imagine Holmes being updated to the present without sacrificing the essentials.

In terms of video games, hmm...Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid would be interesting. The conflict I have is that Snake has no qualms about killing since he's a soldier and that would be a difficult teamup for Batman. Unless Snake decides to use a tranquilizer gun and stun grenades, it could work lol.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 07-04-2010 00:52
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

batman and daredevil would be my top choice, however green hornet would also be really sweet. I miss that tv show, they need to release it on dvd

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 09-04-2010 15:35
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@kpang, you are right it would be interesting to see Batman and Sherlock Holmes together. Don't worry about when Sherlock was supposed to have taken place, because back in the 1940s there was a series of movies starring Basil Rathbone as Holmes and a few of them dealt with World War II so I think you can some how bring Holmes into the modern age...or maybe have the newest Sherlock be a nephew of the original, with the same name.
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 09-04-2010 16:06
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Buckeye Bat wrote:
@kpang, you are right it would be interesting to see Batman and Sherlock Holmes together. Don't worry about when Sherlock was supposed to have taken place, because back in the 1940s there was a series of movies starring Basil Rathbone as Holmes and a few of them dealt with World War II so I think you can some how bring Holmes into the modern age...or maybe have the newest Sherlock be a nephew of the original, with the same name.

Also remember that Batman is currently jumping through time in the comic continuity. Batman showing up in the Victorian era and meeting Holmes could easily be written into that timeframe.

Plus, there's the Elseworld "Gotham by Gaslight" Batman which could crossover into Holmes territory.

Me? I'd like a new Batman Vs. Spider-man. I know, mundane. But they are my two favorite comic characters... So I'd like to see it done in a serious fasion.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 09-04-2010 16:14
RE: Batman teamups you want to see - Posted on 09-04-2010 21:56
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Raz, that sounds like a good idea, have Man-Bat be terrorizing NY and Batman follow him there, and Batman gets the blame for Man-Bat's crimes and Batman fights Spidey.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.