Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM COMPUTER LAB | DCU On The Web

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 29-07-2008 18:31
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

You can have a look at the official site here. Also here you can find a lot of videos to watch. I know i plan on playing hopefully some of you will join me. It releases for PS3 and PC.
twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 29-07-2008 20:18
User Avatar The Riddler
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

not only does this game sound great, the fact of Jim Lee's huge involvment makes it so much better.

Alfred- Why do we fall Sir?.........So we can
learn to pick ourselves up.

Bruce- You still havent givin up on me.

Alfred- Nevah!
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 30-07-2008 07:28
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I've been undecided before as to whether I should buy a PS3 or not, as I had stopped playing my PS2 regularly a few years ago - with the exception of a UFC game for PS2. But this game just seems perfect for me!

For those with experience of playing online games on the PS3, would it be worth buying a PS3 to play this game? I know it will be available for PCS, and there are only a handful of games other than this for the console that interest me, but hey!
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 30-07-2008 08:34
Vigilante

Awards:
None

I know I wouldn't buy a PS3 for this game. In my opinion games like this MMOs are best to play on the PC platform. I think limited controls are given to console versions of PC games. I cant play the Orange Box on Xbox 360 so I bought it for PC and I love it much more. I guess it depends on your background and what you prefer more.
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 30-07-2008 10:29
Vigilante

Awards:
None

Article Seen Over At Wired...

First Look: DC Universe Online
By Wired.com Staff July 28, 2008 | 12:06:00 PMCategories: MMO Gaming

By Lore Sjöberg

SAN DIEGO -- Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman will soon be major players in the world of massively multiplayer games, at least if Sony Online Entertainment has any say in the matter. The publisher showed a pre-alpha version of DC Universe Online, the upcoming superhero MMO for PC and PlayStation 3, at San Diego Comic-Con.

The section that was up and running was a simulated world event, a pitched battle with Brainiac's minions in the middle of Metropolis. The player's job as a pre-generated demo hero was to battle mind-controlled civilians and help Superman and Green Lantern take out Bizarro and Lex Luthor as they duke it out amidst the mayhem.

The gameplay involves real-time action rather than the "select and auto-attack" approach more common in MMOs, so it plays more like a traditional shooter. The landscape offers a nice selection of improvised weapons, and some powers even allow you to use one enemy as a bludgeon to take down another.

Further details were vague, but the game will allow you to play either a hero or a villain, and some servers will have PvP enabled, while others won't. The big names of the DC Universe, whether members of the Justice League or the Legion of Doom, will be an important part of your life, sending you on missions and asking you for help.

SOE is aiming to provide a more organic leveling experience for players. The game world isn't divided into level-appropriate zones. Instead, level-appropriate challenges will spawn wherever you find yourself. Powers will be selected a la carte instead of locking you down into a tank, dps or healer role from the start.

The game looked very shiny and larger than life, suitable for the demigods of the DC universe. It's way too early to tell what sort of experience the game will eventually provide, but it certainly captures the look and feel of a pitched battle among spandex-clad titans.

http://blog.wired...-dc-u.html

Edited by Matches Malone on 30-07-2008 10:29
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 30-07-2008 20:02
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Thanks for the advice. As I said, I've fallen away from games consoles in recent years and the only games I've played regularly for any length of time have been the Football Manager series and World of Mixed Martial Arts game, which are both simulators.

I think I'll still get a PS3 at some point, though most likely when UFC Undisputed is released next year. I'll try this out on the PC when it comes out.

Thanks for posting that blog as well. Hell, thanks for posting this thread. I wasn't even aware such a game was in the works and now I really can't wait for it!
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 30-07-2008 20:18
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

my first time hearing about this. i hope its good.

ultraconvoy.com
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: The Official DC Universe Online Thread - Posted on 17-10-2008 06:55
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

this sounds like a great game i can't wait to get it.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.