Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan Art & Photos

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Bat-Family inked - Posted on 26-10-2009 21:42
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/299/e/9/Bat_family_inked_by_qBATMANp.jpg

it's a huge image, so i made a link instead. look at it!
it's got batwoman, batgirl, robin, batman, red robin, and batman beyond. it's like the current family pretty much...so no bruce wayne. sad. i threw in his real son though! terry mcguinness...or terry wayne i should say! i don't care what anyone says, damien doesn't count. lol. although he does have a really cool costume now.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Bat-Family inked - Posted on 27-10-2009 11:00
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Nice, although Terry's presence is a little out-of-place, but whatever. And btw, has anyone noticed how dysfunctional the Bat-Family is nowadays? Prior to War Drums, everything was sweet as, Bruce had Gotham and the family on lockdown, and the other members took care of their respective teritories practically with ease.

Now we got a Batman who everyone knows isn't the real Batman, a Red Robin who hates Batman & Robin, a Robin who hates everyone, a Batgirl who is inferior in every way to the previous two Batgirls (Misfit doesn't count), and a Batwoman who doesn't even work with the Bat-Family. And obviously, Jason's gone off the deep end.. again. I'm pretty sure when he gets back, Bruce is gonna be pi$$ed!

Still, as far as your artwork goes, I really like it, although I'm not sure how you got them all together in one room to pose like that without it kicking off big time, haha! Do you colour as well, or are you getting someone else to do it?

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!

Edited by Mittens2317 on 27-10-2009 11:03
RE: Bat-Family inked - Posted on 27-10-2009 13:28
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

terry came from the future to help out the dysfunctional family, and to let them know bruce lives long enough to be the old crazy man we know in batman beyond. so terry will probably be red robin's best friend. old bruce wanted a family picture of all of them together too, so he sent terry to the past. or our present i guess.

and the colored version should be done by next week. possibly sooner, possibly later. since it has 6 people, it's gonna take a while.

i don't think terry's all that out of place, in fact i planned it out pretty well. we have 2 batmen, 2 batgirls, and 2 robins. and batwoman and batman beyond have similar designs. from a strictly design standpoint, i think having terry there completes the picture.

RE: Bat-Family inked - Posted on 27-10-2009 15:29
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Still seems a little odd to me. I think it would've been more effective with Batman in the middle, a Robin on either side, and Steph on Damian's side. The drawings themselves are magnificent, don't get me wrong, I just really ain't feelin the inclusion of Terry. I'm defo lookin forward to the coloured version though!

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Bat-Family inked - Posted on 27-10-2009 16:03
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Looks great! Though I have to say Batgirl looks kinda... Off. Her neck is too long and her eyes look kinda creepy. But the rest look awesome, particularly Terry.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Bat-Family inked - Posted on 27-10-2009 21:39
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

thanks for the critique! i'll have batgirl's neck fixed for the colored version. i actually like her eyes creepy like that, so you'll just have to deal with it. lol. but the neck size will be changed.

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.