Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan-Fics & Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 26-12-2009 11:01
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Intro

It was well after eleven in the evening. Dark shadows played against the walls as the street lamps shinned into the room from outside. Cars passed by the building periodically on their way home or somewhere else. Gotham lay silent despite the fact that something was always going on somewhere else. A figure entered the room through the front door but quickly noticed one of the windows ajar. He took out his gun and cocked the handle back, walking across the room as he did so.

One of the curtains was blowing freely in the night wind. From behind the curtain a figure stepped forward, dark red hair and light blue eyes were visible from the street lights below. This didn't stop Black Mask from keeping his gun concentrated with the middle of her forehead. He assumed that this woman had broken in, probably stole something and was about to leave. Well, he wasn't about to let that happen. However, he was dead wrong on all accounts. The redhead was no thief.

Black Mask pulled the trigger of his gun but in a quick flash the redhead bounced onto the palm of her hands and did a flip high into the air and came back down just as the bullet flew across the room and broke a vase that was sitting on a nearby stand. Black Mask kept shooting at her but to no avail. She dodged every bullet with a little acrobatic stunt. It was rather interesting she could do such a thing, as she was wearing a tux jacket with a white collard shirt, black bow-tie, dark gray vest, black pleaded skirt, black nylons and black dress shoes.

When he went to fire at her again, he found that his gun had ran out of ammo. Unfortunately, being in the dark wasn't going to help either. The redhead just smiled, placing her hands on her hips.

"Looks like it's my turn then", She mused.

She rushed at him, kicking his empty gun out of his hand and then knocking him to the floor with much ease. Black Mask went to grab her wrists but she pulled a rather nice sleek black gun from her jacket pocket and held it to his throat, making him stop right then and there. But Black Mask only laughed, rather amused. The redhead was rather attractive, full of spitfire and very brave to break into his pent house and to face him. But something told him that she wasn't your ordinary assassin or cat-burglar.

"You don't seem to look like the type to gun a man down", Black Mask replied, "So, why break into my pent house?"

He moved his hand to her leg but Erin glared down at him in a deadly warning not to touch her. Black Mask moved his hand.

"Your men blew up a building three years ago almost killing me", Erin explained, "I paid a little visit to Sal Maroni and told him not to mess with me or The Penguin. Sal's boys were the tip off. You think you run Gotham's underground but the underground belongs to the Penguin. He's the information supplier that keeps guys like you out of Arkham but you go too far and that's where you end up".

Black Mask chuckled, understanding now, "Trust me, I wasn't trying to kill you. The Penguin, yes. He thinks he can - "

"The Penguin can do what he wants, whenever he wants", Erin remarked, "He owns the Iceberg Lounge and he's one of Gotham's most respected criminals and if you don't back off, we'll be having another chat real soon".

"What if we cut a business deal?" Black Mask asked.

"You leave me and Penguin alone and I won't have to break in here again to kick you into last week", Erin bargained.

"Fine", Black Mask agreed.

Erin got off him and stood up, keeping her gun pointed at him. Black Mask stood, putting his hands in his pockets casually.

"By the way, who am I making the business deal with? You got a name, doll face?" Black Mask asked.

"Adelie Byrdie is the only name you need to know", Erin exclaimed, she put her gun back into her jacket pocket as she spoke.

Erin pulled out a concealed umbrella that she had hidden behind the curtain. She climbed up onto the window sill. Before Black Mask could say anything further, she jumped out the window. He went over and leaned out but she was gone. Black Mask turned and walked over and picked up his gun. As he opened it to put more ammo in, a shiny bullet fell to the floor.

He bent down and picked it up. There had been one bullet left. Infuriated with himself, he threw the gun into a mirror on the wall and it shattered, sending glass pieces all over the floor.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 29-12-2009 18:51
RE: Gotham After Dark: TBA - Posted on 26-12-2009 14:01
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Erin, again you have the start of a great storybatman
RE: Gotham After Dark: TBA - Posted on 26-12-2009 14:15
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

That's really good writing, it doesn't seem fan-done at all. I like how your in the story lol, for most people when they include themselves it doesn't work but this does. At first I thought the red-head was Batgirl.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Gotham After Dark: TBA - Posted on 29-12-2009 18:50
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter One

"Well, it's not like we're being conducted into the Justice League", C.J. replied, a slight laugh escaping him as he set about four different files down on his desk.

The office he and his associate were standing in was a partially large room with two windows over looking Metropolis. They'd been to Bludhaven, New York, and Chicago. But nobody knew who they were. Which was probably a good thing. They'd taken odd jobs and kept to themselves. His associate was female, brown hair and brown eyes.

"Well, if we were conducted into the Justice League we'd be mopping floors. You're not exactly innocent. And I had to defend you in court, twice. But hey, that bus accident that killed fifty people wasn't your fault, the way I see it. Maybe if Superman had gotten off his high horse and took care of Lex like he said he would, we wouldn't be shipping ourselves off to Gotham", Ava exclaimed, shrugging her shoulders.

"Gotham City. Hey, isn't that where you said you were from?" C.J. asked.

"Yeah. I had a friend there, Erin Knightly. She and I went to school together till I moved in Junior High. She hung around some freakish look kid, doesn't surprise me though", She tossed another file at her companion, "His name was Oswald Cobblepot".

C.J. took a look at the file he'd been thrown. There was a list of Gotham's Most Wanted. He read over the names, finding Oswald's almost at once.

"And your friend is in love with this guy?" He asked, raising a partially graying eyebrow.

"Not that I know of. She hung around him though", Ava stated.

C.J. picked up the files and slipped them into a black bag along with this lap top. Hiding the files from sight.

"So, am I packing the car or are you?" C.J. asked.

"I'll pack the car", Ava told him, smirking, "God knows, your back doesn't need to get broken".

"Hey! I am not old!" C.J. said defensively.

"Just saying", Ava replied, laughing slightly.

Oswald Cobblepot was sitting at his desk. The Gotham Globe open on his desk, his computer on and many files open, including the tab that was open for the Lounge's Financial Income. Erin came into his office a second later, carrying a plate with some sardines, anchovies and caviar laid out with some crackers. She had a glass of red wine in her other hand. She set the two items down on his desk.

Going over, she placed her hands on his shoulders and began to massage them gently. She leaned forward a bit and placed a kiss on his cheek. Oswald smiled, taking his eyes off his computer screen, thankful for the distraction.

"I'll only be another hour", Oswald said, turning his attention to the redhead.

"Oh don't worry about it", Erin told him, continuing to massage his shoulders, "I know how busy you are. One of Gotham's wealthiest night club owners. The Penguin, Gotham's most intelligent man of the criminal underworld".

Oswald gave her another smile, "And one of Gotham's luckiest", he added, taking her hand and kissing it.

Erin just smiled happily. Completely content with how life was going and how wonderful being with her Ozzy was. How wonderful everything was in general, for both of them.

Harvey Dent stood with one hand in his pocket as Jonathan Crane approached him. Nobody in Gotham's Underworld knew that Crane was really the Scarecrow, it was how Crane presented himself which made people tense and nervous. The way Crane liked it. But Dent was not to be intimidated.

"Black Mask is one bump down from being out of the way", Dent said casually, as though they were talking about the weather.

"And Adelie and Penguin?" Crane asked, with no emotional tone.

"Staying out of the way. Penguin is conducting his own business. He's still a good source of information and Penguin is needed in Gotham's Underworld", Dent replied.

"Adelie Byrdie is the only reason Penguin is not being tied down and shipped off to the Arctic in a burlap sack", Crane commented, "She loves the damn avian freak but we do need Penguin's resources".

"They're engaged. Adelie and Penguin", Dent remarked, flipping his coin out of habit.

"Doesn't surprise me", Crane muttered, taking off his glasses and cleaning them with an eye-glass cleaning cloth, "But of course, in Gotham City, nothing is bound to. So, what's our next move?"

Dent's coin landed on heads, he just smirked.

"We take down Black Mask and his men, we then go for the weaker mobs. I'll touch base with Penguin to see which ones will go down easiest", Dent explained.

Crane put his glasses back on and nodded,

"Nice talking to you. We'll be meeting again soon, I suppose", Crane muttered and then walked off.

Dent just shook his head and walked off in the opposite direction.

END of CHAPTER 1

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 29-12-2009 22:20
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Erin, you my dear have done it again...this story is great so farbatman

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 29-12-2009 22:24
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I can't wait to see what's nextbatman
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 29-12-2009 22:43
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The words, story set up, and stuff like that, it just came to me. You know, most of these ideas I got are from what's happening in the comic books, well sort of, but I put a little twist of my own creative ideas as an added bonus.

And what Black Mask and Dent don't know is with Erin's help, Penguin will be soon running Gotham's underground. OH Yes....hehe...MY own little plot twist.

AND...there's going to be a cliff hanger at the end!! wink

But don't worry, nobody dies or anything. I'm not good with writing death scenes. BUT it'll be REALLY awesome!! yes

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 30-12-2009 11:17
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I understand completely Erin. I write stories for three CSI Yahoo fanfiction sites and I try to do this pertinent to the show like stories within or after certain episodes but alot of times making up my own stories with the CSI characters seems a bit more free because I get to do with the characters as I wishbatman
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 03-01-2010 10:10
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Two

A Week Later...

To them Gotham seemed to be a sitting time bomb. Nothing was happening. Nothing but the usual night live that was the city's part goers and socialites, out for an evening of fun and social opportunities. Eagle and Hawk sat up on a roof top over looking the Iceberg Lounge. The beautiful, light blue glow of the building was teaming with cars, people, flashing cameras and the like.

"How do you suppose we get past security?" Silver Hawk asked.

"I suspect there must be a back door or window we can use", Iron Eagle told her, using his binoculars, "Ah-ha! We can make a be line for the roof and then scale across it. It must be so loud in there, nobody will notice".

Silver Hawk nodded and took out her grappling hook, as did Iron Eagle a second later. They swung across and landed, exactly how they planned it. Just above everyone's head without notice. They were like bird like ninjas. It was how they were used to operating. Ava and C.J. had taken to Gotham like a smoke screen. C.J. was a part time limo Driver and Ava was Commissioner Gordon's secretary at the GCPD.

The two scaled the roof and then found a sky light that was slightly ajar. Both Hawk and Eagle got down on their hands and knees. They were directly over the main area of the Lounge. Hawk took out a pair of night vision, blue info-red goggles and scanned the room.

"No sign of Cobblepot", She then paused, "But I did find someone rather interesting. There's our ticket to finding him".

"What are you-", Eagle went to asked.

"Erin Knightly", Hawk exclaimed, "Never thought I'd see her again. But she's going to lead us to Gotham's source. Come on".

Eagle nodded and followed his partner. They opened up the sky light just a little more, a big enough gap for them to slip through and down onto the catwalk just below. Eagle pointed to the shadows, away from everyone. He took out his grappling hook. Hawk put her arms around him and the two quietly slid down to the floor, out of everyone's sight.

"Now what?" Eagle whispered.

"Over there", Hawk pointed out.

Eagle looked over to where a dark redheaded woman was walking towards the back of the building and out of sight.

"You never mentioned how hot your friend was", Eagle joked.

"Stay focused", Hawk told him, smacking him in the arm.

"I just meant how does a good looking woman like Erin Knightly get caught up with someone like the Penguin", Eagle said, trying to save himself.

"Uh-huh. Sure. THAT'S what you meant", Hawk remarked as they stealthily moved down the back hallway.

Erin was too preoccupied to notice she was being followed. She entered Oswald's office a moment later. Going into the room, she set a good stack of files on his desk.

"All of it here?" Oswald asked.

"All of it", Erin replied, nodding, "Crane was able to get a good majority of it from Gotham's library, a computer up at the Gotham University and of course Gotham's data base from inside Arkham Asylum. I went through and made sure everything was legible and nothing was crossed out".

"Good job", Oswald told her, smiling.

"But not good enough", Iron Eagle spoke up.

Oswald and Erin looked over to see the two vigilantes come into the room. Oswald stood up almost at once, gripping his umbrella at his side.

"I don't believe you have my permission to access my building nor do I believe you were able to get past my body guards", Oswald exclaimed.

"Just give us what we want and we'll leave quietly", Silver Hawk stated.

"We have nothing you want, trust me", Erin said.

"She's feisty, Mr. Cobblepot", Iron Eagle commented.

"Very", Oswald agreed, grinning, "Go ahead my little byrdie".

Erin didn't need to be asked twice. She ran at Silver Hawk and pushed to her the ground, the two girls wrestled for a second but Iron Eagle was able to pull Erin off of Hawk. However, Erin back handed him and kicked into the wall. Hawk went at her a second time but Erin was able to flip her and kick her in the stomach. Iron Eagle got up and pushed Erin up against the wall, holding her wrists.

"Talk Penguin", Eagle demanded, "Or I turn in hot stuff over here to the police.

Erin rolled her eyes and kneed him in the groin and he fell over.

"You just had to hit me there", Eagle muttered, falling over.

Erin coughed slightly and walked over to Oswald, putting her hand on his shoulder. Oswald glared at the two heroes in disgust. He pressed a button on his phone.

"Get me security, right now", Oswald ordered.

He then sat back in his chair, staring straight ahead for a moment or so.

"What should we do now Ozzy?" Erin asked quietly, looking at him.

"You let me worry about this, my love. I can't have freaks like these two walking in here whenever they feel like it", Oswald replied.

Erin nodded and settled herself in his lap for the time being.

End of Chapter Two

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 04-01-2010 12:18
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Great chapter as usual...Love the cliffy ending...I will send you ideas for how they get away in prvatebatman
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 04-01-2010 23:39
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Three

Iron Eagle slowly pushed himself up onto his elbows, he heard Penguin make the call for the security guards. The bird wasn't going to get away with anything that easily, despite the fact that Penguin's girlfriend could hold her own against a fully grown man. Eagle gave her that much props. He quietly untucked a small smoke bomb from his utility belt. Silver Hawk had slowly lifted her head and noticed what her partner was doing but she stayed still, not wanting to give him away.

Iron Eagle tossed the smoke bomb into the fire grate of the small fire place, luckily it went in. The room began to smoke immediately. Iron Eagle jumped to his feet and made a grab for the files on the desk. Erin and Oswald had been began coughing. Erin had gone down quicker than Oswald, coughing hard, having inhaled too much. Silver Hawk raced towards one of the windows and broke it, allowing the smoke to filter out. Oswald glared at Iron Eagle as he walked over to the small water cooler and filled a plastic cup full of water.

Iron Eagle watched as Oswald knelt down and gave Erin the small plastic cup of water, making sure she was able to breath properly and that the water went down easily enough. He put a hand to her back, keeping her upright. She coughed slightly but able to breath a little better. Silver Hawk just stood nearby,crossing her arms.

"I'm giving you two options Penguin, either we leave unharmed or I burn these files", Iron Eagle replied, holding the files over the fire place.

Oswald glared at the hero even more but he went over and pushed the little button on his phone, telling his people to hold off on the security and that the situation was under control. Iron Eagle nodded, glad that Oswald did the right thing and didn't make a big deal out of it. Hawk and Eagle took out their grappling hooks and took off through the open window a second later.

Arriving back at their apartment about ten minutes later, Eagle set the files down on the kitchen table.

"That was real close, C.J.", Ava exclaimed.

"Yeah, well, I had to do something. I didn't want to get thrown out, I wanted to handle the situation and not let Penguin get the best of us", C.J. told her.

"I saw that little act he pulled, pretending he cared about her", Ava muttered.

"I don't think he was acting", C.J. went to say.

"Penguin is cold hearted. He only cares about himself. He'd do anything to save his own butt", Ava said, "God, I can't believe Erin would ever..."...

She was so mad, she hit the wall as hard as she could, of course, she was not that strong, thankfully.

"Okay, what's your problem?" C.J. asked, "Why do you care who your friend is seeing?"

"She is NOT my friend!" Ava stated defensively, looking at him, "I lost my friend long ago. Erin and I grew up close as sisters, we promised each other we'd become heroes, to protect Gotham City. Then one day when we were twelve years old, I waited at her house for three hours", Ava paused and went and sat on the living couch, putting her hands in her lap, "I waited three hours. When Erin came home and told me where she had been, I knew...I just knew things were going to be different".

"She knew Cobblepot, even then?" C.J. asked, siting down next to her.

"Does it matter? The Knightly's and the Cobblepot's were all in the same social circle. The two family's had one child each. The Knightly's had a daughter and the Cobblepot's had a son. It's one big messed up love story and I never got to say good-bye to Erin because the day I left Gotham, Oswald Cobblepot had the god-damn flu and Erin was too busy bringing him orange juice and wiping that ugly nose of his!" Ava remarked.

"That doesn't mean she's still not", C.J. began to say.

"Erin Knightly is not my friend. Nor will she ever be. If she wants to be Mrs. Cobblepot and have his little penguin babies, than fine! But I will not go easy on either of them. Oswald Cobbleoot took away my best friend and Erin broke our promise", Ava replied.

"Ava, I don't think she meant to. I think Erin just fell in love", C.J. commented.

"You don't keep your best friend waiting for three hours and not call to tell them you're going to be late! You don't call and cancel a sleep over because some beak nosed freak has a sprained ankle! You don't break a six year promise! And you don't stay home to take care of the beak nosed freak because he's got a head cold when your best friend is leaving!" Ava exclaimed.

"Why don't you try talking to her", C.J. suggested, despite the fact at this point Ava looked close to crying.

"Do you want to know how bad it was competing with Oswald? I fell off my bike on the side walk and I limped to Erin's house because I was upset. She was supposed to be home, doing her homework. She had told me she was going to be home", Ava cried, "When I got there, her mom told me she had just left to go to Oswald's because that god damn bird loving freak was having trouble with the math assignment. Erin never asked about my leg or anything the next day at school after I told her mom to mention it to her. All I heard about was how Oswald got a book on penguins and how awesome the book was cause Oswald read it to her".

C.J. just nodded as she spoke. He wanted to be on her side and agree with her but from the sounds of it, Erin wasn't doing any of these things on purpose. Love made people do crazy things but he didn't want Ava to yell at him, so he just stayed quiet.

"How about we take a look at those files shall we?" He suggested at long last, changing the subject.

Oswald helped Erin to her feet after a second or so. Erin stood up, dusting off her skirt a little.

"You alright?" Oswald asked.

"I'm alright. I'm just glad you are", Erin said, putting her arms around him.

"I'll be fine. I'm just rather agitated they took those files", Oswald exclaimed.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry, Ozzy", Erin told him, smiling.

Oswald raised an eyebrow as she lifted up her right foot and slipped off her shoe. She slipped a small USB disc from the inside of her sock. She slipped her shoe back on and held up the USB disc. Oswald's eyes glittered and a grin spread on his face.

"Now, did you really think I'd bring you the original copies and not make a disc? Those files were just copies. I have the original", Erin explained.

She turned and walked over to his computer and slipped the USB disc into the small USB port slot. Oswald stood beside her as she sat in his chair and worked the computer. He slipped his arm around her, playing with a lock of her hair as he watched the files upload on the screen.

End Of Chapter Three

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 05-01-2010 13:23
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Looks like this round is a draw...great chapter Erin...keep it upbatman
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 13-01-2010 23:09
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Four

Gotham seemed to be crippling. The mobs were choosing sides. Things were becoming tense. Criminals and villains were teaming each day. The day time seemed to show now signs of tear but Gotham after dark...well...it was hell on so many levels. Batman and his team couldn't seem to figure out what was going on. But it seemed Two-Face wanted to run Gotham's Underground, yet at the same time Black Mask & Penguin were both trying to take control as well. Neither Eagle & Hawk seemed any closer to getting answers either.

The file Eagle and Hawk had taken from Penguin were just a bunch of lists and names and businesses run by the local mob bosses. These guys were just sitting ducks with no real intuition on the fact they were going to be taken down by force if necessary. It was just one ugly mess and not even Gordon's men at the GCPD could handle what was going on. On Jim Gordon's orders, they were to keep an eye on the going's on in Gotham, yet stay on the sidelines so as to not get in the way of any cross fire.

This may not have been the best plan. But what was anyone to do? There was nothing anyone could do...except pray.

C.J. Andrews was not the happiest person at the moment. Sure the limo driving business put cash in his pocket even though he was a wealthy trust fund baby and could do whatever he wished but at the moment, he'd wished he'd stayed home with Ava to look over those files some more and look into what they'd found out so far. Nope. He'd gotten called in by the limo-service.

Oswald Cobblepot and Erin Knightly were sitting in the back seat of the limo. C.J. was trying his best to keep his eyes on the vehicle in front of him and ignore the conversation in the back seat. He hadn't spoken once to either of them, just merely nodded. Although, both of them were too busy eying each other, they'd forgotten he was even there. C.J. now understood why his girlfriend had been upset the other night. Erin was wrapped tightly around Oswald's finger. So tightly wrapped, she was oblivious to the world around her.

C.J. would have liked nothing more but to tell the two to get a room. At the moment, he was trying to block out mental images of the two, in fact. He would have killed for a bottle of whiskey to get rid of the image that was happening in the back seat. Not that it was bad per say but Erin and Oswald being within 3 inches of each other while looking at each other and talking was enough to make a person want to throw up. C.J. didn't have a problem with Erin. However, he was probably one of thousands of people in Gotham who didn't understand how she could possibly be attracted to someone like the Penguin.

"Finally, a night where we can relax", Erin said, sighing happily, "A nice romantic -", she started to say.

Oswald's cell phone rang just as she spoke. He took it out of his coat pocket, holding it up, he shut it off and pocketed it again. He turned to Erin after a second or so, smiling.

"You were saying", He stated, gesturing for her to finish.

She was surprised he didn't answer it, given the fact it could have been someone from the Lounge or Crane or anyone working for him. She wasn't going to complain, however. She wanted her Ozzy to relax and to enjoy an evening of peace and quiet. Erin leaned against his shoulder, her arms locked around his. A smile on her face.

C.J. glanced up in the rear-view mirror just to catch a glimpse of the couple kissing.

"It's gonna be a long night", C.J. thought to himself.

Arkham was dead quiet. Except for several footsteps echoing off the cobblestone floors that littered several hallways for the newly restored Asylum. Guards at the different entrances lay dead, shot a few times, once in the head. Some intern doctors lay strewn on the floor, blood slowly leaking into the cracks of the tiled floors in the East wing of the Asylum.

"Boss, we found him. Here's his key", one henchmen replied, handing a key to his boss.

Black Mask took it and walked down the hallway. Stopping at a dark gray, metal door. He unlocked the door and it slid open with ease. A thin looking man with dark chestnut brown hair and dark brown eyes looked up. He was eased back on his bed. Hands folded in his lap. A smile crossed his face, a hint of genuine curiosity in his eyes.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this second escape attempt?" Edward Ngyma asked.

"You're going to bring me Adelie Byrdie. The little pidgin broke into my pent house and tried make me back off. I don't make business deals with woman, especially one who works with Penguin", Black Mask exclaimed, rather angry about now being able to kill the redhead intruder, "Either you bring me her or I'll kill you", he added, taking out his gun.

Edward sensed that the fem-fatal had done more than offer a business deal, she'd apparently escaped Black Mask without a single scratch or bullet. He assumed that's why the charred masked man in front of him seemed so angry and willing to start shooting. However, Edward wasn't about to bring Black Mask anything. Especially Erin. Sure, he still had heated jealousy towards Cobblepot but Erin came first in this situation.

"And I don't make business deals with killers", Edward remarked, still smiling and spreading his hands out to get his point across, "Not my way of doing things".

"You tried to off Cobblepot for your own reasons and failed", Black Mask pointed out, "I'm willing to let you redeem yourself".

"That was for a personal reason. I'm past that. What you want is for me to bring you Cobblepot's partner in crime. That I can't do. Another personal reason, I'm afraid", Edward commented.

"You love sick, riddling -", Black Mask started to say, making his move to pull the trigger on his gun at the same time.

Black Mask was hit in the back of the head a second later and fell to the floor. Edward looked from the fallen mob boss to the door way where the Scarecrow was standing.

"You can thank me later", Scarecrow muttered.

"Any particular reason?" Edward asked, standing up.

"Two-Face and Black Mask are having a power struggle for Gotham's Underground. Penguin is trying to take control of it by taking out Black Mask and Dent", Scarecrow explained.

"And why are you helping Penguin?" Edward inquired.

"He's a source of information. One of the more useful crime boss's. Dent and Black Mask are just a disaster waiting to happen. Cobblepot's got the Lounge, he's got his resources", Scarecrow replied, still in a deathly, muttered tone.

"Is there any chance of getting a hold of him?" Edward asked, raising an eyebrow as they passed several of Black Mask's men who were knocked out.

"I tried. Not twenty minutes ago. I have a small theory about where he is and why he's not answering", Scarecrow said.

"Oh?" Edward remarked.

"Don't play stupid. You know the answer just as I do", Scarecrow exclaimed, nodding his head, "Where else would Cobbelpot be?"

"That question needs no answer", Edward answered, shaking his head, "It's quite obvious".

"Quite", Scarecrow muttered, almost in agreement.

She didn't want to do it but the fact she was still rather angry, she did it anyway. Suiting up and leaving a note for her boyfriend, Silver Hawk went off in search for Two-Face. The files were hidden in her canvas bag. She found him at the doubles table in Gotham's Casino. It didn't surprise her that he pulled out his gun as she approached him. Hawk only put her hands up.

"Don't worry, I'm not your enemy. Save that bullet for the bat", Hawk told him, nodding her head.

"Then what the heck do you want?" Two-Face grumbled.

"I paid a little visit to Penguin at the Lounge the other night and I think you should know he's planning to double cross you", Hawk replied.

She took out the files from her bag before he could say anything. She flicked the files like a frizz-bee and they landed neatly on the table in front of him. Two-Face didn't take his eyes off her, only quickly glancing at the files but nothing more.

"There are names and lists of people and places in there. You should read up on what that no-good pompous bird is up to", Hawk continued, folding her arms.

"Why are you even doing this?" Two-Face asked, starting to flip his coin the other hand, his gun still pointed at her.

"Let's just say I want to see Cobblepot's body to be a burning corpse and make the love of his life know that's what she gets for defying the law and playing with hell fire", Hawk remarked.

Before Two-Face could say anything more, Silver Hawk had disappeared into the crowd of people who were in the casino. Two-Face put away his gun and opened the top file, he read through, scanning the page. A moment later, he walked to the end of the room towards the pay phones and dialed a number. He flipped his coin as the phone rang. A gruff voice on the phone answered.

"Croc, I have a job for you after all", Two-Face muttered.

End of Chapter Four

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 13-01-2010 23:21
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 14-01-2010 10:58
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Erin this story get more excellent with each chapter...and let me guess Iron Eagle and Silver Hawk are 'heroes with an agenda'

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 14-01-2010 14:38
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Yes, this story is going to get more exciting. And I am bringing a SPECIAL villain towards the end. AND I am NOT saying who wink

Besides that, yes, Iron Eagle and Silver Hawk have an agenda. Silver Hawk (Ava) is trying to bring down the Penguin as a revenge factor for turning her ex-best friend towards a life of crime. Iron Eagle gets to join forces with Nightwing (Dick) & Robin (Tim) during a fight scene in a later chapter.

There are going to be SEVERAL fight scenes coming up yes. Including a great roof top fight between Silver Hawk (Ava) & Adelie Byrdie (Erin).

Idea: Ava ends up knocking Penguin out and Erin gets majorly Bad Word Here!ed off and drop kicks her. Ava reveals herself to Erin and the two have a nice little screaming match, in which during Penguin ends up coming to. Ava accidentally pushes Erin off the roof. Penguin (without his umbrella) jumps off the roof after her and saves her. The two survive said fall thanks to a parked taxi. (Almost like what happened in TDK when Batman saved Rachel.)

I just have so many ideas. The next day off I have, I am going to write like three chapters in a roww, maybe even more. The chapters are going to be long too. But I apologize if my fight scenes seem lame, I am not good at writing them. XDD They always last a good ten minutes or so.

I just realized, there'll probably be five Gotham After Dark stories. Five or four, at least. I just like writing these. They're so fun!!

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 14-01-2010 19:08
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Keep up the Great work...to me a good story is one where the reader (me) can almost see the action that is happening on the page.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 19-01-2010 19:20
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Five

It was broad day light, about the middle of the afternoon. Erin was sitting in the back of the limo, on her way to meet with Crane. Crane had apparently had good news but he didn't wish to share it over the phone. Erin had leaned back into her seat, hoping to relax. However, she sat up as the limo pulled over.

"Why'd we stop?" Erin asked, rather curiously.

Her driver, Thomas, went to say something but then there was a tap on his window, Erin just saw someone and they disappeared around the back of the car. The car's locks unlocked. Erin tensed as her right side door opened a second later. A familiar figure slipped into the limo seat beside her, closing the door as he sat.

"First of all, it's very nice to see you again", Edward Nygma told her, smiling, "Secondly, I believe we've got some catching up to do. According to Crane, you've been quite busy".

Erin then realized what he meant and just took a sigh of relief. She nodded for Thomas to continue driving. Turning back to Edward, she nodded,

"Shall I fill you in?" She asked.

"Do enlighten me of our current situation", Edward exclaimed, gesturing with his hand for her to proceed.

Despite the fact she hadn't been so happy with him because he had tried to kill Oswald, Erin was forgiving. And as of right now, she was glad Edward had a crush on her, it meant he'd be on their team when it was time to take down Dent and Black Mask.

"What do you want?" Black Mask asked icily.

Two-Face and his men were standing in a warehouse where Black Mask was conducting business.

"Penguin is going to double cross me. He's planning to take us down so he can run Gotham's underground. And his little minx of a bird is helping him by organizing a team", Dent explained.

"His girl broke into my pent house and tried to coax a business deal not two weeks ago. I tried to rehire Riddler to help me get my hands on her but Riddler's gone as soft as Penguin", Black Mask remarked.

"I'm sending Croc and Firefly after her. With her out of the way, Penguin will be useless", Two-Face stated, "So, how about a partnership. We split Gotham fifty-fifty?"

Black Mask thought about this for a second, and then carefully answered, "Fine. But I want bird-girl out of the way first. The faster Penguin is taken down, the better".

"Her wings are as good as clipped", Two-Face said, nodding.

The limo stopped abruptly again, not fifteen minutes later. Erin looked around rather cautiously.

"Now what?" She asked.

The limo shook tremendously. The top was ripped open. Erin screamed, clinging to Edward for dear life. Killer Croc had climbed up onto the limo and had ripped open the top. Edward took this moment to roughly throw open the limo door and pulling Erin into his arms, he hurriedly rolled out of the limo. Helping Erin to her feet, Edward led her down the sidewalk at a fast pace but Croc was right behind them.

"Why's he after us?!" Erin asked.

"No idea. Keep running", Edward told her, trying to think on his feet, "How to stop a man eating crocodile? That's a good question", he muttered to himself.

Erin then felt rather stupid. She stopped short and whipped around, quickly opening her umbrella and firing at Croc. Edward grabbed her arm, just around the elbow.

"Erin, as wonderful as you are using that umbrella, I'm afraid it'll do you no good", He told her.

Erin nodded and they continued to run. They turned to the left and into an alleyway but it was a dead end and Firefly landed in front of them a second later, making them stop short.

"I have a very bad feeling about all of this", Erin muttered, looking at Edward, clutching his jacket in a death grip.

"Now would be a good time to use that umbrella of yours", Edward stated.

"I don't think so", Firefly replied, holding up his arsenal, "Just give me the girl and neither of you won't get hurt".

"But where's the fun in that?" Croc growled, joining them a second later, eying Erin and Edward.

"Your the Riddler. Think of something!" Erin snapped under her breath, looking at her companion.

"I'm afraid my intellect isn't appreciated in this circle. It'll do us no good in this situation. Now, if we had police surrounding us, that's a different story", Edward commented.

"The Edward Nygma I know wouldn't stall like a chicken. He'd be using his riddles to get out of a situation like this or has that Edward gone soft?" Erin asked.

Edward frowned slightly but he knew what she was doing. And it was working.

"Good point. And the bigger they are, the hard they fall", Edward replied, smirking.

Erin didn't have to ask what this meant because Edward had grabbed her hand and they were running in Croc's direction, Firefly was going after them. Edward led her around Croc, who collided with Firefly a second later, knocking each other over. Erin and Edward waved down a cab at the same moment.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"Old Gotham, ASAP!" Edward snapped.

"Wait...how did you know to go to old Gotham? I was heading there to meet up with Crane", Erin replied.

"Crane's the one who wanted me to find you. He'll be very interested to know that Croc and Firefly are probably working with either Black Mask or Two-Face", Edward exclaimed, placing his hands together calmly and looking at her.

Erin fell against the cab's seat, "Well, I guess...thank you. For saving my life", she said.

"Something tells me you'd better hold onto that thank you. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of Croc or Firefly", Edward told her, "But your welcome all the same".

Erin nodded and looked out the window. She had a feeling they were after her for a reason. One she really didn't want the answer to.

End of Chapter Five

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 19-01-2010 19:50
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Brilliant as usual Erin
RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 20-01-2010 10:17
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Next chapter will have some hilarity. And Batman & Robin will meet the new heroes.

Expect a lot of Erin/Edward bickering too. XD I came up with some good ideas last night...I was laughing VERY hard. LOL!!

RE: Gotham After Dark: Saints & Sinners - Posted on 28-01-2010 17:24
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Six

The cab wouldn't go any further than a block from where Old Gotham stood. Erin paid the cab driver and thanked him for the ride. She and Edward then made their trek into dingy, gray and dark underbelly that was the shadow, hell infested rotting city. It's buildings looked ageless and time seemed to stand still. Darkness sat in all corners. Pieces of chipped rock and pavement concrete littered the ground, as did old tried up mud puddles and small cracks in the ground.

"I don't think this place is suitable for a young woman such as yourself", Edward commented, looking around.

"Well, good thing I have you with me then", Erin stated, laughing a bit.

"Erin, I'm being serious", Edward exclaimed.

"Well, so am I. Listen to me and listen to me good", Erin said, looking at him, "Oswald Cobblepot ran into a burning building that was ready to explode just to save my life. The least you can do is act brave long enough to get this meeting over with".

"I was brave enough to save us from Croc and Firefly", Edward pointed out, "And you should know I would have ran into a burning building to save your life, any of day of the week. I don't do that every day just for anyone you know".

"Let me see your bowler hat", Erin told him, holding out her hand.

Edward took off his bowler hat and handed it to her, uncertain what she wanted with such an item. A second later, she started hitting him the arm with it.

"DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO GET YOURSELF KILLED BECAUSE OF ME!! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT!!" Erin yelled.

Taking some deep breathes, she handed the hat back to him and started to walk off. Edward hurriedly put his bowler back on and ran to catch up with her. The two walked in silence for a while. After a long period of silence, the two came to what used to be a four cornered intersection.

"Well, this is where we were supposed to meet him", Edward spoke up, placing his hands in his pants pockets, "Question is, where is he?"

Erin shrugged, looking around. A second later, Crane appeared. He looked almost tired, dark circles under his eyes. He had his hands in his coat pockets.

"I thought you two would never show", Crane replied, nodding his head courtly in Erin's direction.

"Sorry. We were held up", Erin apologized, "Croc and Firefly are working for either Two-Face or Black Mask. Any guess is as good as mine. Apparently I went and made their boss angry. I paid Black Mask a little visit and told him to back off. Two-Face isn't usually hostile against me but I'm guessing he knows about Ozzy's plan to take both of them out".

"That's impossible. There's no way-", Crane went to say.

"It gets worse. There are two new heroes in town. They broke into the Lounge a few nights ago and took the files you gave me. Luckily I was able to make a disc beforehand", Erin continued.

"Well, Dent probably figured out I'm working for Penguin anyway", Crane replied, "It's obvious. Seeing as how I don't have anything against either of you".

"I wouldn't worry about anything at this point. If Dent and Black Mask want to dig themselves a hole, they can", Erin exclaimed.

"You should know I had nothing to do with trying to kill our dear Oswald", Edward added, looking at Erin, "Black Mask threatened your life as well as mine. If you noticed, I chickened out at the last minute".

"Well, now that we got that settled", Crane interrupted before Erin could say anything, "We should really think about what we're going to do. The entire underground is going to take sides. We're very well outmatched".

"I very much doubt that", Erin said, "Yes Croc and Firefly are smart and powerful. But we've still got more intellect and tactful advances".

Just as she spoke someone had come down to the ground from high up above, making the three turn around on the spot.

"Not very tactful enough", Firefly muttered.

A second later, the sewer grate from far off to the side shot up. Croc climbed up and out of the sewer hole. Erin had a very determined look her face. Edward wished she wouldn't look like that, he could just tell what she was thinking. He just stood ready just in case something were to happen.

"Who paid you to gun me down? I'm not easy shot, you know", Erin exclaimed, smirking.

Firefly raised his gun, ready to shoot. He pulled his trigger. Erin dropped her umbrella and flipped up onto her hands, she then flipped back onto her feet. Firefly seethed. But Croc pushed Edward out of the way and grabbed her from behind.

"UGH! LET ME GO!" Erin screamed.

What the little group didn't know was that young Tim Drake had been dogging Erin's footsteps the whole day. Yes, he was supposedly supposed to be in school but Tim had decided to take a personal day. Robin shot his grappling hook across and swung down, landing on Croc's back, at the same time, retracting the grappling hook back into it's holster and putting it back in his utility belt in the same movement.

"Hey ugly! Pick on someone your own species!" Tim exclaimed.

Croc growled, keeping a good lock on Erin with one hand and trying to swipe at Tim with the other. At the same moment, Crane took out a couple of his toxin capsules and threw them, making them explode as they hit the ground. The toxins hit Croc's eyes, making them tear and water. It stung bad. Croc released Erin, just as he did, Tim jumped down and caught her. Everyone held their noses and breath quickly as Croc flailed around, roaring in anger. Erin grabbed her umbrella. At the same time, Tim shot out his grappling hook again and took her with him in the same fluid motion.

Edward and Crane took off, following Robin and Erin on foot. They reached a small distance a minute later, somewhere between South Gotham and the narrows. Tim and Erin landed on a nearby roof top while Crane and Edward caught their breath on a nearby bus bench seat. Erin looked at the boy-wonder with slight confusion.

"No thank you's are necessary", Tim exclaimed, placing his hand on his chest.

"I...why did you save me?" Erin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Why not? I've been sort of...following you all day. I wanted to make sure you didn't get killed or anything. Just because your the Penguin's side kick doesn't mean you're not important", Tim stated.

"Croc could have sliced you in half", Erin pointed out, "You should have been more careful. You're just a kid".

"Am not. Thank you for much mom but I'm thirteen years old", Tim replied, adding the 'mom' statement in a sarcastic manner.

"Well, if I was your mother, I wouldn't let you fight criminals like Killer Croc. I would at least let you fight villains you can handle not raging sociopaths or what have you", Erin commented.

"If you were my mom, I wouldn't need to fight", Tim stated, "And I wouldn't let you run around getting yourself hurt either".

Erin noticed a hurt look on Robin's face as he spoke. Talking about having kids, even in a rhetorical sense, it was kind of jumping the gun a little. Both of her parents left Gotham while she'd been in high school, neither had written her letters or anything. Erin had kind of forgotten what having parents was like. The only person she had had been Oswald and she had always felt with him, everything would be okay, as long as he was around, everything felt alright.

Erin placed a hand on Tim's shoulder, "Thank you all the same", she said, smiling a little.

"I want to help", Tim replied, "To fight against Black Mask".

"I don't think -", Erin started to say.

"Please. Please let me help", Tim asked.

Erin looked at him, his light hazel eyes almost begging. Erin didn't want the young hero to get hurt. She felt a remorse and she felt almost a motherly insect to say no but she sighed greatly in defeat.

"Alright, you can help", Erin agreed, nodding her head, "But you need to be careful, okay?"

"I'll be careful. I promise", Tim said, holding up his hand while placing the other on his chest, as though in a boy scout manner.

Erin just looked at him. Not sure what exactly his reasoning behind wanting to help. But apparently, she'd soon find out. Perhaps.

End Chapter Six

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.