Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan-Fics & Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Gotham Teens - Posted on 11-01-2010 12:12
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Intro

It was 6 Am and the sun had barely come up over the horizon. The sky was a crisp blue and the fall weather was just barely noticeable because of the warm air still hanging around. Gotham was just barely waking because it wasn't yet time for most to get up. However, the youth of Gotham City Aaron Burr High School were starting their usual morning routines.

6:10 AM

Edward groaned as he raised his head slightly, his chestnut brown hair completely messed and sticking up in the back. He blinked slightly at his alarm clock and rubbed his face. His crossword puzzle and pencil fell off the bed as he moved away the covers. His bed room floor was littered in school books, pencils, a calculator, clothes, his messenger bag, his dark green coat and several other misc items he couldn't see because it was still dark out. He just nearly fell out of bed as he went to reach for the lamp on the nightstand a moment later.

He knocked his cell phone off the nightstand in the same fluid motion and he noticed it was still on and he'd gotten a text message from Erin exactly twelve hours previously:

Eddie, don't forget to study for the math quiz we have tomorrow!

Edward smacked his face with both hands and swore under his breath. He knew he'd forgotten something....

6:25 AM

"Erin!" Mrs. Knightly called up the stairs.

A moment later a girl with dark red curls and light blue eyes leaned over the stair way banister.

"Sweetie, Oswald's limo just pulled up. You'd best get going", Her mother replied gently.

Erin Knightly nodded and disappeared for a second, only to reappear on the stairs a moment later, her bag slung over her shoulder. She was dressed in a green, brown and white plaid jumper with a white collard shirt, black knee socks and black flats. A black sweater thrown over one arm just in case she was cold. Her dark red curls flew behind her as she raced down the stairs and towards the front door.

Erin waved to her mother and opened up the front door, closing it behind her and disappeared down the walk way towards the black limo. A boy with black raven hair and icy blue eyes was waiting for her. He was a little shorter than her. His nose was slightly beak shaped. He was wearing dark blue dress pants with a matching dark blue coat and bow tie. A white collard shirt and black sweater vest.

He smiled at the red head as she finally reached him. Erin smiled back.

"You're here early", Erin pointed out, kissing his cheek.

"Set my alarm clock wrong by accident", Oswald told her, "But I'd rather be early than fashionably late".

"I sent Eddie and Jervis a text telling them not forget about the math quiz today", Erin exclaimed.

"If there's one thing I can't understand, it's Algebra", Oswald sighed, helping Erin into the limo.

Erin slid over as he got in a second later.

"Oh, you'll be an intellectual genius someday Ozzy, don't worry about it", Erin commented, waving her hand.

Oswald Cobblepot smiled at her, taking her hand in his.

6:45 AM

"What took ya so long Eddie?" Harley Quinn asked.

Edward Ngyma just shrugged as he stood with his friends. His three friends were sitting on a low brick wall just outside the school grounds. Harley Quinn had blond hair and blue eyes. She was all bubbly, much like her bright clothing. Most of it was spandex, like in the eighties because she took gymnastics.

The girl next to her had her carrot colored dyed hair pulled back into a pony tail. Pamela Isley had sharp brown-green eyes and a temper to match. However, she was always so zen about everything. The only thing in the world she loved were plants. She was also part of the gardening club too.

The third person had dark harvest gold hair and a slight overbite. Jervis Tetch sat with his face behind his book. He barely talked to anyone except maybe a few people.

A group of gawking girls walked past a second later as Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne walked up the side walk. Pam made a "gak" sound with her finger in her mouth, which made Harley giggle behind her hand. Dent and Bruce walked past them with the group of girls following behind them.

"Mindless idiots", Pam muttered.

Edward took out his cell.

"Who are ya texting?" Harley asked.

"Erin and Oswald are on their way", Edward said, pushing the buttons on his phone like it was a video game controller.

"That's good to know", Jonathan Crane spoke up, joining the small group a moment later, "Jervis, let's go to the library before school starts".

Jervis nodded and followed his best friend into the school. Not a moment later, the sleek black limo pulled up. Edward slipped his phone back into his pocket. Erin stepped out, followed by Oswald a moment later. Harley and Pam went into fits of laughter.

"What?" Oswald asked, glaring at them.

"Uh...Cobblepot. You got somethin' right here", Pam told him, touching her face to indicate what she meant.

Oswald blushed furiously and tried to wipe off the small indent of lipstick that Erin had accidentally left. Harley and Pam were still laughing uproariously.

"Come on, Erin", Oswald muttered, taking Erin's hand.

Erin quickly locked her arm around his as they followed the throng of students going into the school.

7: 45 AM

Selina Kyle slipped into home room so quietly, it was like cat had snuck into the room. Erin looked up as she took the seat beside her.

"Where were you this morning?" Erin asked.

"Bruce forgot to pick me up this morning. I had to walk", Selina muttered.

"Eddie told me that he saw Bruce with Harvey", Erin replied.

"Figures", Selina said more bitterly.

Erin shook her head, "I'm sure he just forgot".

"Sure", Selina remarked.

Erin went to say something else but Oswald had turned around in his seat and slipped Erin a piece of paper. Erin eagerly opened it.

Wanna go to the Iceberg Creamery after school?

Erin smiled and eagerly wrote back, Of Course!

Selina rolled her eyes as Erin slipped Oswald back the piece of paper. When the bell rang not ten minutes later, the two left together and met up with Edward and Jervis. They looked sweetly at each other as though they didn't want to part from each other.

"See you after English", Erin said.

"See you after History", Oswald stated.

Erin smiled at him and kissed his cheek before heading off with Jervis towards the English classroom on the second floor. Oswald and Edward walked off in the opposite direction.

"Oh, no. Here we go", Edward muttered.

Selina and Bruce were arguing nearby. Edward and Oswald decided to take the next hallway and go around, as to not get into swinging range of the couple.

9:15 AM

Kirk Langstrom's chemistry class sat in anticipation as he set up the formula on the board.

"Alright, now make sure you pour the mixtures in order. Please also pour them carefully. I don want to have call the fire department to explain why there is a fiery hole in the class room wall", Langstrom explained, laughing also.

Jonathan and Edward had put the mixtures in the correct order. Edward took the lab notes so Jonathan could pour the mixtures into the glass beaker, which was over the hot flame on the stand. Behind them, a couple of popular girls, Alison and Laurie, were talking but they weren't being very careful about keeping their voices down.

Edward tried to keep his mind on writing the lab notes but he heard Alison say something about Erin, using a very colorful-bad word that Edward found disgusting. He couldn't stand it. Making sure Langstrom had his back turned, he got up and went over. The girls weren't even paying attention and Edward switched four of the mixtures. Sitting back down again, he went back to writing the lab notes.

A moment later, however, Laurie had put in the mixtures and a second later both girls were screaming. Langstrom, who had been helping a nearby table, went over. The girls had singed off their own eyebrows. Edward quietly texted Erin's cell and told her about Laurie and Alison singeing off their eyebrows. When the two girls and the rest of the class left the Chem class room, Erin and Oswald were standing nearby. Erin was clutching Oswald's arm, the two laughed uproariously as Alison and Laurie walked by looking sulky that they'd lost their eyebrows.

10:23 AM

"Mr. Copper, we have a problem!" Harley exclaimed.

The gym teacher came running over to the climbing wall where several students had been climbing. Erin was holding onto Jervis for dear life and screaming to get her down. Jervis was trying to get down but apparently, they'd gotten into a rut and he couldn't move.

"How in the world did she get up there?" Copper asked.

"Well, Erin climbed up there to get him down and well...while she had been trying to rescue Jervis, she forgot she was afraid of heights", Vickie Vale explained.

"I'll get her down sir", Dent replied,nodding.

Harvey put on one of the harnesses and climbed up. Harvey was able to coax Erin into letting of Jervis and was able to get her down safely before helping Jervis down a second later.

"Oh no, Jervis", Erin cried, she took out a tissue from her jumper pocket and put it against his nose, "Tilt your head back".

Jervis held the tissue against his nose and tilted his head back, "Thanks Erin", he mumbled.

Erin nodded and led him to one of the benches to sit down.

11: 34 AM

Selina and Pam were sitting at a back table in the green house. Pam was putting seeds into some flower boxes she'd filled with dirt.

"So, what do you think I should do?" Selina asked.

"I don't think I'm the one who can actually help you. Why don't you talk to someone whose in a relationship, like...I don't know...Erin, perhaps?" Pam suggested.

"Yeah but she's only been in a relationship for the past three months", Selina stated.

"Technically, three months. She and Cobblepot have been together since they've been old enough to walk. He asked her to be his girlfriend in the seventh grade but he wanted to wait until she was old enough to start dating because he's considerate of her. Erin's the only one who'll end up happy, that's my theory", Pam remarked.

Selina's cellphone vibrated in her jean's pocket and she took it out,

"Hello? Oh yeah, Harv. Yeah, I'll walk over with you and Bruce. K, thanks", Selina said and then shut her cell phone, "Dent, Bruce and I are heading across the street for some pizza, you in?"

"Nope. I'm gonna stay here and make sure these little guys get some fresh food and water", Pam replied.

Selina nodded and went off to meet the guys for some pizza.

Erin, Crane, Oswald, Jervis and Edward were all sitting on the school's front lawn. Jervis had his copy of "Through The Looking Glass" out and was intently reading. Crane and Edward had started in on their pile of homework. Erin and Oswald were sitting nearby under the oak tree. Edward looked over his shoulder, watching the couple cuddle with each other.

Edward's phone vibrated a moment later, he took it out and opened it. There was a text from Harley,

Selina & Bruce broke up. Bruce's been seen w/ Vickie Vale.

Edward didn't have to share this information because Crane, Jervis, Erin and Oswald had their phones out as well. Edward Nygma looked down at his watch.

And it wasn't even noon yet.

End of Intro

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 11-01-2010 14:48
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Good so far..love the humor...I hope you realize that you could sell this to a TV network as a soap opera

-
I'ts not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 15-01-2010 23:24
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

NOTE: I want to thank Buckeye Bat for giving me this idea!!

Chapter One

The weather seemed to be conducted into everyone's mood or at least maybe it was because there had been a full moon the night before. It had been raining consistently and it had put a damper on everyone's plans. School was less tolerable and homework had piled up. It was the usual thing called life. And with life came the bittersweet taste of teenage romance and much more than just the daily gawking and flustered conversations.

Jervis Tetch was on his usual route home from the library and it was spitting rain. Traffic in Gotham was horrific when it rained. No driver's had tolerance for people who tried to cross on the cross walk on days like these. Jervis was less enthusiastic about walking home in such weather, his dark, harvest gold hair was just about soaked and he was pretty sure his shoes and socks were in the same shape. He was turning the corner near the Cash N Carry, when he noticed someone crossing the street just two blocks away. It was Erin and she was by herself.

Which was unusual because she was usually with Oswald. One was never seen without the other. And Oswald was pretty protective of her and Jervis knew Oswald would have never let her walk by herself unless he was too busy elsewhere, which seemed to be the case. Jervis had always kind of liked her though. He thought she was pretty, smart and she always seemed to make him feel better. Jervis noticed as Erin was walking towards the middle of the cross walk, that the light had changed from red to green. Jervis noticed that the car coming towards the intersection was not going to stop. He looked around for a second, hoping Oswald would just pop up and save her.

However, nothing happened of the sort. Jervis bolted down the side walk, book bag swinging behind him as he rushed as fast as his scrawny legs could carry him. He tried to yell for Erin to run but there was too much noise and his voice seemed to be drowned out by the rain. As luck would have it, Jervis tripped over a crack on the pavement and fell hands first, scraping his hands. He let out a yell of pain. Erin turned around and looked over to see that her friend had fallen on the sidewalk. At the same moment, the car made contact with her. Jervis looked up, seething. His dark hazel brown eyes widened as the red head was thrown towards the pavement on the road. Jervis quickly scrambled to his feet just as Erin hit the tar on the road. She rolled for a second, completely in shock, stopping on her back a second later.

A crowd of people came running, some people screamed for someone to call the police and an ambulance. Cars pulled over, blocking traffic. Jervis hurriedly pushed through the crowd to get to Erin. As he reached her,he threw himself down on the ground beside her. Her eyes opened slightly a second later, making Jervis sigh with relief. She looked scared and confused. Feeling nervous about doing so, he reached out and took her hand. He let his nerves pass and carefully slipped his arm under her, carefully sitting her up. Erin looked at him for a second, tears glistening in her eyes. Jervis tried to give her an encouraging smile but only a look of concern crossed his face. Erin leaned against his shoulder, pressing her face against his soaked jacket. Jervis closed his eyes and tried not to cry himself, she was okay but he had thought he had lost her.

"Jervis", Erin muttered quietly after a second or so.

"Erin, I...I'm sorry...I couldn't..", Jerivs spoke nervously, trailing off.

"Jerivs, what happened to your hands?" Erin asked gently, taking his left hand in both of hers.

Jervis blinked. She could be hurt and she was worried about him? Jervis stared down at his scraped hands, feeling pathetic.

"I fell on the sidewalk...trying to save you from being hit by that car", Jervis replied quietly.

Erin just looked at him as the ambulance sirens were heard a second later. The GCPD showed up not a second later. Several officers began directing traffic and the crowd of people who had been standing around her and Jervis. Two male ambulance attendants walked over and helped Erin and Jervis to their feet. Erin moved away from them and took Jervis's hand.

"Thank you for the concern but I can walk", Erin told them flatly but gently, nodding her head.

Jervis looked at her for a second as the attendants walked away to ready the ambulance. Erin looked at her friend, wincing in pain as she moved.

"I think I may of sprained my ankle and my right arm kind of hurts", Erin stated

"I can ride in the ambulance with you if you want me to", Jervis suggested.

Erin nodded, "Do you mind? I don't want to go to the hospital by myself".

Jervis noticed she looked rather scared. He wasn't used to seeing her like this. She was usually so confident and happy. Right now she looked scared and upset, trying to put on a brave face but really, she looked ready to cry. Which she started doing. Jervis didn't want to see her upset. He let go of her hand and carefully put his hands on either side of her face, gently pressing his forehead against hers, hoping the contact would sooth her in some way. He wasn't sure what to say or do. Her light blue eyes looked into his own dark hazel ones.

"Of course I don't mind", Jervis finally spoke, shaking his head.

The rain was coming down lightly as Jervis helped her towards the ambulance. The attendants let him ride in the back with her, which both were glad for. The attendants laid Erin on the bed in the back and then got into the front. Jervis sat at Erin's side. Her hands were folded on top of her stomach. She turned her head in his direction, looking up at him. He leaned over and took her hand, squeezing it gently. Erin smiled up at him.

"Thank you", She replied quietly, her cheeks blushing slightly.

Jervis blushed also, he smiled a little, "Ever drifting down the stream. Lingering in the golden gleam. Life, what is it but a dream?" he recited.

"Through the Looking Glass, chapter twelve", Erin answered, reciting from where the poem came from.

As she spoke, she intertwined her fingers with his, locking their fingers together. Jervis felt rather proud of himself as he looked back at her. He had helped her all on his own. Jervis decided he'd call Crane when they got to the hospital.

However, as they reached the hospital, Jervis and Erin were taken down to the ER. Jervis was detained by several doctors as the nurses tried to bring Erin to get an x-ray. Erin's doctor, Dr. Grant, was on the phone with her parents as this was going on. Jervis waited in the ER's waiting room until Erin was finished getting scanned and such. About three hours later, Erin was brought out in a wheel chair and her right arm in a sling. Her right arm was also bandaged too. She was also wearing a hospital gown.

Jervis walked silently beside Erin's wheelchair as the nurse brought them to Erin's hospital room. Jervis took over from there, asking the nurse for some privacy. Jervis helped Erin onto the hospital bed, noticing her ankle was bandaged also. The nurse came back a second later, with Erin's clothes. Jervis took Erin's clothes as the nurse left again. He put her clothes in the wheel chair, along with his book bag and coat.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Jervis asked, standing at her side once more.

"Could you just sit with me for a while?" Erin asked quietly.

Jervis nodded. He took off his shoes and climbed up onto the hospital bed, sitting on her left side. Erin laid back a little, leaning against his shoulder, her head lulling against his chest, her eyes closed contently. Jervis didn't feel so nervous anymore. He wasn't sure what he felt or what she felt either.

Whatever the feeling...it was mutual.

End of Chapter One

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 16-01-2010 10:06
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 16-01-2010 15:49
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

You have done it again Erin...can't wait to read what happens next
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 21-01-2010 17:29
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Two

The hospital had kept her the entire next day because they felt she needed to rest. Jervis had left due to visiting hour regulations and the fact he still needed to go to school. It was exactly 3 O'clock in the afternoon. Oswald slid her hospital room door open and walked in. He set the small vase of flowers he'd bought her on the table next to her bed. Erin woke up from the small nap she'd been taking, having heard footsteps walk into the room.

"OZZY!!" Erin exclaimed, smiling at him.

Oswald stood at her side, holding her hand in his. He smiled gently at her. It was a rather sad smile because of the amount of guilt he felt. He should have been there to save her. Maybe if he had been there, this wouldn't have happened.

"How's your arm?" He asked.

"It hurts a little", Erin admitted, "I didn't notice the pain at first, not until they put the cast on my arm".

"Is there anything I can do? Can I get you anything?" Oswald asked.

"Jervis is down in the cafeteria getting me something actually", Erin stated.

As she spoke, the door to the room slid open. Despite the fact he had to leave to go to school, Jervis had left school around 2:40 pm that day so he could run home and drop of his school stuff so he could get back to the hospital.

"Tuna on wheat, apple juice and chocolate...", Jervis started to say, "...ice cream", he finished, upon seeing Oswald, "Hi Oswald", he added, nodding to his friend.

Oswald's mouth fell open slightly as Jervis set the tray of food on the other table next to Erin's bed.

"What do you think you're doing?" Oswald asked, frowning slightly.

"Well...Erin has to eat...", Jervis exclaimed, "I doubt she's had anything since noon. I asked if she wanted anything and this is what she wanted".

Erin turned to look at her boy friend, "It's okay Ozzy. Jervis was there when the accident happened. He's taken very good care of me. I don't mind, I really don't".

"I do", Oswald said, "I shouldn't have let you go off by yourself. I don't know what I was thinking staying home to do school work while you were out walking by yourself".

"Oswald, don't blame yourself for that", Erin remarked, "It's not anyone's fault but the driver who hit me. And maybe I should have payed attention to where I was going. Whatever happened, happened".

He was still a little unnerved by Jervis's presence. Jervis was always so quiet and kept to himself. Oswald didn't care that Erin was friends with him but he just didn't like the fact Jervis was taking his role of bringing Erin what she wanted to eat and things like that. Oswald felt he should be doing that not Jervis.

"When did your doctor say you could go home?" Oswald asked, changing the subject.

"Sometime tomorrow", Erin explained, "My mom is keeping me home from school for another few days. She's there now getting my homework and stuff I'll be missing. My parents are kinda scared I'll fall down and break something if I have to carry books and my school bag".

"Have your mom bring you to my house then", Oswald suggested, "My parents are out of town and I can look after you so your parents won't have to worry while they're at work".

"Oh, that's a wonderful idea", Erin said, nodding, "My dad's out on a business trip this week and I'm pretty sure me being with you will make my mom less stressed out".

"Erin, I don't mean to interrupt but you should really think about resting your arm. The thing is, you hurt your right arm and you are right handed", Jervis spoke up.

"Jervis does have a point Ozzy", Erin exclaimed, "I won't be able to do any of the written work for a while".

"We won't worry about that until you are up to it then", Oswald told her, "We'll just do the reading work".

"Um...you two don't have any classes together except Math and Biology", Jervis pointed out, "And that's mostly written work".

Oswald frowned in Jervis's direction again. He was becoming annoyed with him.

"Does it bother you that I want to help my girlfriend after the fact that she fractured her arm?" Oswald asked.

"No it doesn't", Jervis answered, "What bothers me is that you seem annoyed at the fact I'm the one who saved her life and that I'm helping her. I feel it necessary to help her because she's my friend".

"And I appreciate it. You've been very helpful, thank you", Erin commented, smiling at Jervis.

Oswald looked between them. He didn't like this one little bit but he didn't want to say anything to Jervis in front of Erin. He wanted to feel that this didn't bother him but it bothered him so much.

End of Chapter Two

RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 29-01-2010 12:31
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Three

Things always got worse before they got better. In this case, things were bound to get worse. The entire group decided to meet at the library for an after school homework study because Erin was being taken care of by Oswald and Erin insisted to keep things as straight and narrow as possible. But she had begun to get annoyed by the damn cast on her arm. Besides that, nobody wasn't even mentioning the small fight that had happened between Selina and Bruce.

The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Bruce and Vickie were sitting a row over from the tables the others were sitting at. Dent, Crane and Jervis were so engrossed in working on their homework, the barely noticed the look Selina's face. Ivy and Harley were at another table. Leaving Edward, Erin and Oswald at the middle table.

"Can't you just take it off?" Erin asked.

"And risk hurting your arm? No. You have to leave it on", Oswald told her.

Edward frowned, looking up from the History paper he was supposed to be writing.

"But it itches like crazy and I need you to side with me and take the damn thing off", Erin pleaded, scratching at the cast.

"Look, I am on your side, trust me. But your arm is healing and you just have a few more weeks of it", Oswald told her.

"Your insane", Erin promptly told him and got up, stalking off.

"Let it go, Oswald", Edward muttered, going back to his paper.

Oswald stood up, "She's a determined woman, what can I say. Besides, if I don't stop her, she's gonna get her hands on some wire cutters or something".

Edward shook his head as Oswald went after Erin. Erin, however, had stalked over to where Bruce and Vickie were siting. They looked up, seeing her standing there. She hadn't just been annoyed about the cast on her arm, she was annoyed because nobody was going to point out the elephant in the room, so to speak.

"You are a real jerk you know that? You and Selina have been going out forever and all of a sudden you decide she's not good enough for you?! What kind of person wakes up in the morning and decides they're going to break up with the one they love?! I mean...I love Oswald Cobblepot more than anything and I would NEVER do something like what you did to Selina!" Erin stated, looking at Bruce.

Erin then turned to Vickie, "And you! Jeeze, what kind of person are you? He just dumped his girlfriend for you! Do you really want to be the kind of person who ruins other people's lives? You could at least have said no! You could have at least told him to work things out with Selina. But here you are holding hands like her feelings don't matter!"

She turned back to Bruce, "Work things out with Selina or I'll throw my cast at you once I get it off!"

Erin then turned and went back to sit down. Nobody said anything. Selina just put her hand to her head and went back to her Science homework. Crane and Jervis exchanged looks. Oswald sat back down next to Erin, who was taking out her books from her bag.

"Sorry I called you insane. Could you help me with my math homework?" Erin asked, looking at Oswald.

Oswald laughed slightly, smiling at her, "Sure", He said, nodding.

Harvey and Bruce were sitting at a table at the Iceberg Creamery. Erin and Oswald were sitting at a nearby table.

"So, what are you going to do?" Harvey asked.

"Well, I consider Erin to be like my little sister, so I guess...I'm gonna talk to Selina", Bruce replied, shrugging his shoulders.

He was glaring over at Erin and Oswald who were now lipped lock and it was hard to tell who was kissing who.

"And I feel like decking Cobblepot", Bruce added, in a low mutter.

"I think it's cute", Harvey exclaimed, "They're young. They're in love. Not everyone's relationships can be perfect".

Bruce just shrugged. Erin and Oswald were probably the only two who would gain a happy ending.

End of Chapter Three

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 29-01-2010 23:11
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 29-01-2010 15:40
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Great Chapter Erin and you realize you can put in a word where it says Insert Bad Word...like ass,schmuck, jerk, idiot, freaking, flipping, damn
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 29-01-2010 23:18
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Yeah, I edited that though. It's OOC for my character to swear, actually.

She'll hit someone upside the head with an umbrella defending Oswald or one of her friends; she has no trouble kissing/making out with Oswald in public or in private but she has rules, mainly no swearing or killing.

XD HAHAHA!!! LOL!!

RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 30-01-2010 10:59
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Another thing you could do if a character is swearing is put symbols (i.e.- You %$^ Mother #$%$Q#) people will get the idea
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 04-02-2010 10:31
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Four

"TA-DA!" Erin exclaimed, waving her good arm in the air.

She, Harley, Oswald, Edward and Pam were standing on the back foot ball field behind the school.

"It looks like a pile of dirt", Pam said.

"It's not. It's a volcano. Made of paper-mache and painted brown", Harley explained.

"Your science project?" Edward asked.

"Mr. Barkley said this was a passing A for the rest of the year", Erin told him, "He told us we didn't have to do it but he said he'd pass us because it was an extra project".

"This is what you've been working on for the past three weeks? It's kind of...", Oswald waved his hand in the air.

"Well, not just me and Harley. Jervis is in our class too. He and Crane are getting the special ingriediant for the volcano", Erin exclaimed, "It was Jervis's idea to make it big".

"What is the special ingrediant?" Pam asked.

"Chocolate Syrup", Harley stated, throwing her hands up.

A moment later, Jervis and Crane walked onto the field carrying several paper bags.

"Alright, Erin, I got it", Jervis said, looking in Erin's direction.

"Awesome!" Erin replied, "Now, I need someone to climb up and lift me up there, so I can put the syrup in".

"I'll do it", Oswald volunteered.

Erin nodded and climed onto Oswald's back. Piggy-backing her, Oswald climbed up the ten step ladder. Once they were at the top, Crane started handing them the bottles of syrup. Erin climbed up over Oswald's shoulder. Oswald handed her the first bottle of syrup. Erin and Oswald both looked at each other, knowing that this wasn't the best of ideas. If he were to let go, either way, they'd go tumbling.

"I just realized something...someone hold the ladder!" Erin called down.

Edward and Jervis held the ladder steady. Oswald was able to let go of the ladder and keep a good hold on Erin, who was half way over his shoulder.

"Your all set to start pouring!" Harley called up.

Erin took the cap off the syrup and started pouring it inside the volcano.

"How many bottles are getting poured in?" Oswald asked.

"Ten. But if you need a break in between, let me know", Erin told him gently, smiling.

"Uh, no. I'm fine with this", Oswald said, blushing slightly.

Bruce found Selina at the mall. After thinking about it, he wanted to talk to her but she wouldn't give him the time of day. But it was worth a try.

"Selina, if you'll just listen - ", Bruce pleaded.

"Look, I heard what Erin said the other day at the library. I'm glad her words got through to you but I don't think so. I just need some time. Okay?" Selina exclaimed.

Bruce sighed. It had been worth a shot.

After the chocolate sauce was poured in, the entire group had taken refuge behind the bleachers. Erin and Oswald were sitting on the bleachers at the farthest end of the field. Away from the volcano. They had binocluars and a walkie talkie.

"Vinegar, Nut Meg, Ten bottles of syrup, fire crackers are in place in the volcano", Erin said, talking into the walkie talkie.

"Pushing the button in 3...2...1..!!" Harley exclaimed from the other end of her walkie talkie.

The volcano abrubtly errupted, spitting out chocolate.

"Mission was successful!!" Erin proclaimed into the walkie talkie, she then turned to Oswald, "You were very brave earlier. Thanks for helping us".

She kissed his cheek before going down the steps towards the field where the others were standing, taking pictures of the volcano. Oswald blushed, getting a dazed look on his face before promptly following her a minute later.

End of Chapter Four

RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 12-03-2010 23:44
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Five

13 Years Later...

ALT FUTURE

Oct. 31 - Halloween -

- -

All of Gotham's night life seemed to be lit up. The eerie glow of darkened sky seemed to mix with the usual night life that dwelled in Gotham. And it wasn't just any regular night in Gotham, it was Halloween. A night when the crazies came out to play and fear seemed to creep up most of all.

The Iceberg Lounge was throwing a rather glamorous Halloween party that would last until past three in the morning. It was crowded with people and the lights flashed and the music was fast and loud. Among the populace, Erin and Jervis were dancing rather eccentrically and rather close to each other. Erin was dressed as Alice, while Jervis was dressed as the Mad Hatter. The two were getting some applause from some of the others on the dance floor.

Oswald watched the two from where he was sitting. Erin was too lost in Jervis's eyes to realize that he was glaring at Jervis as though he was about to kill him. And frankly, he wanted to. It was painful to watch them. Yet he could not look away from her. Erin's dark red curls flew behind her as she and Jervis danced.

"They're still dancing?" Crane asked, appearing out of the shadows, his tone cold and emotionless.

"They're lost in Wonderland", Oswald muttered bitterly, getting up and deciding to go back to his office to get some work done.

Crane just nodded his head and sat down at the unoccupied table. He crossed one leg over the other. He just watched the festivities with no more interest than watching paint dry.

Batman stood on the roof ledge over looking Gotham City. Cars, traffic, the city's lights, the people below, they were all like little ants. The wind seemed slow and clam. The Dark Knight barely moved a muscle as he was joined by another figure. Catwoman walked up to him, standing just a foot from him.

"Find the Joker yet?" She asked.

"He hasn't shown his face since last week", Batman muttered.

"Any news on Holiday?" Catwoman asked.

"No", Batman answered, "Gordon is working on that case. I'm just making sure nothing happens tonight".

Catwoman nodded.

Edward was pouring over that morning's Gotham Globe. He picked up his cup of coffee, sipping it slowly. His eyes fell on a clipping of a picture one of the photographers were able to get. It was a picture of Erin and Jervis at their engagement party from the previous weekend.

The TV was on and the news was broadcasting a notice that Holiday and the Joker were loose in Gotham. But Edward was too busy reading the small paragraph under the picture of Erin and Jervis.

October 24 - Engagement - Erin Knightly and Jervis Tetch. Wedding date set - January 27. January 27, Lewis Carroll's birthday.

Edward sighed and folded the news paper over and set it on the table. He picked up his coffee and went and sat down in front of the TV.

Crane, Erin and Jervis left the Iceberg Lounge after about a couple of hours. Crane walked ahead of the couple, hands deep in his pockets. Eyes staring upwards, his shoulders hunched because of his scrawny height. Erin had her arm locked around Jervis's, smiling at him as they walked. Jervis smiled back at her.

"Are you two going to do that the whole night?" Crane asked without turning around to look at them.

Neither didn't answer, so Crane took that as a 'yes'.

Edward had gotten up to put his coffee cup in the sink when the phone rang. He walked over and picked up the phone. It was Oswald. Edward wasn't surprised either.

"What happened twelve years ago?" Oswald asked quietly.

"You tell me. You tell me why I have to be caught in the middle of this. Why all of us are caught in the middle of this. Let. It. Go. I want her to be happy Oswald. None of it was your fault. My fault. Anyone's fault. It just happened", Edward replied.

"Letting him...letting that mad as a hatter...", Oswald couldn't speak.

"They were there tonight weren't they?" Edward asked.

"They were. I couldn't even...you don't understand", Oswald replied.

"I understand completely. You loved her. She loved you. But she needed someone who wasn't....you", Edward exclaimed.

Oswald sighed.

"Okay, let me put it to you this way", Edward continued, "You made her happy but Jervis...I dunno...Jervis did better than you. Oswald, just let it go, okay? Nobody wants to take sides. Everyone loves that Erin is with him. Crane's developed a whole line of fear toxins and nobody wants to cross Crane. Leave it alone".

"You see the newspaper?" Oswald asked.

"I did. Erin is going to marry Jervis in 3 months and I'd very well advise you, just like the rest of us, to give them some support", Edward stated before hanging up on Oswald.

Edward put the phone back in it's cradle and put his empty cup in the sink. He walked over to the table and picked up the newspaper again, unfolding it. Looking at the two in the black and white photograph. It wasn't anyone's fault. Nobody had seen this coming.

Things just happened.

End of Chapter Five

RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 13-03-2010 16:27
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Great chapter but please have a flashback chapter to let readers know what happend before this chapter
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 14-03-2010 09:20
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Oh don't worry you'll see what HAPPENED, trust me wink

BTW, to my readers...

I've become obsessed with writing Erin/Jervis pairing stuff lately. It's not because I've gotten bored of writing Erin/Penguin stuff...it's because Erin/Jervis pairing is much more interesting & is helping me write better for some reason. Go figure.

My other stories will probably end up being Erin/Jervis pairing ones too. Er....yeah, I just love writing for Jervis Tetch. XD LOL!!!!

RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 14-03-2010 15:26
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Stepping out on Oswald are you? tsk...tsk....tsk
RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 14-03-2010 15:51
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

It's not my fault that Jervis Tetch is SO flipping cute. I can't help it.

I also blame my love for Alice In Wonderland, since The Mad Hatter is my favorite wonderland character.

& a friend of mine on DA is writing a story & she is pairing Erin up with Jervis because she likes my Gotham: Wonderland story.

and yeah...

RE: Gotham Teens - Posted on 21-03-2010 22:49
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Six: PART 1

13 Years Before...

Presently

"Happy Unbirthday", Jervis replied, sitting down beside Erin and handing her a small box that was wrapped with nice teal colored paper.

"Celebrating her birthday a bit early, aren't you?" Crane asked sitting down opposite them.

The three occupied a back table at the Iceberg Creamery. It had been three weeks since Erin's cast had been removed and her birthday was tomorrow. Erin slowly and carefully unwrapped Jervis's gift. She smiled at him.

"I don't mind", She replied, blushing slightly, "Oswald and Edward are probably half way to Metropolis by now. It's been 2 hours since they left. They went there to do a research project on how different the Daily Planet is to the Gotham Globe. And, Harley and Pam are going to a concert tomorrow night and Selina is well...not talking to Bruce and I think Harvey is working on a exam paper".

"You still have us though", Jervis pointed out, "You shouldn't be alone on your birthday".

"Wait a minute...Oswald didn't get you anything?" Crane asked.

"I'm going to be 15 years old. It's not important", Erin exclaimed.

"You may be younger than the rest of us but I think it's very important", Jervis stated, taking her hand in his, "Don't say it isn't".

Erin smiled at him, blushing. Jervis's cheeks had gone pink too. She finally opened up the small box and took out something. Her eyes went wide and she looked at Jervis with shock and surprise.

"Jervis Tetch! Where on earth did you get this?" Erin asked.

She held up a small locket that was silver and was on a silver chain. Jervis just tapped his fingers together and looked rather nervous.

"J--Jonathan helped me buy it. I remember being with you in the jewelry store when you saw it. You said how much you liked it. It was on sale but it was still too much for me to buy", Jervis explained.

Erin set the locket on the table and caught Jervis in a hug. Jervis hugged her back.

"Jervis, you didn't have to get me that locket. You know I enjoy your poetry and your drawings", Erin told him gently, "But I do love it. Thank you. It was very thoughtful".

Jervis smiled at her. Neither noticed that they were still holding hands.

Oswald was looking through his cell phone as he and Edward sat on the bus that was taking them from the air port to some where to get something to eat. It had been a long three hour flight. As Oswald looked at the small calender on his phone, he noticed he had the next day marked off.

"Edward, do you have tomorrow marked off on you phone's calender?" Oswald asked.

"Yeah. I mark it off every year. Tomorrow's Erin's birthday. Why? Didn't you mark it off?" Edward asked.

Oswald's face fell, "I marked it off but I...I forgot about...", he took a deep sighing breath, "...Oh no"....

"Mom, dad, I'm home", Erin called as she walked into her house a good hour later, Jervis's present swinging lightly around her neck as she walked, "Mom? Dad?"

As she walked into the living room, her voice died away instantly. She dropped her messenger bag onto the floor and her coat fell from her hands. Her mouth slowly opened in horror, as did her eyes. The living room had been torn apart, her mother's tea cup and saucer smashed, tea had leaked into the carpet. Blood had also leaked into the carpet, making small river-like patterns.

"DAD! DADDY!" Erin cried running from the living room and into her father's study.

Her father's study was empty and looked clean and organized as it always did. Erin ran up the stairs to check each of the rooms but her father wasn't there. She ran back down the stairs and into the kitchen. The back door was open. Erin went out onto the patio and she stopped slowly, going down the stairs. She put her hands up over her mouth.

Her father lay dead, sitting up. A copy of the Gotham Globe sat open in his lap. He'd been shot in the head and twice in the chest. Erin burst into fresh tears as she tore across the patio and across the back yard. She ran around to the front yard and didn't stop running as she tore down the drive way and onto the side walk.

Jonathan and Jervis both lived in an apartment building for teens who stopped wanting to live with their families. It was a three story building and about thirty apartments. Older teens lived there before heading off to college. But both Jervis and Jonathan shared one because it didn't come cheap. Jonathan unlocked the door when he heard a rather soft yet hurried tap. He opened the door to find Erin looking out of breath and upset.

"Erin", Crane replied, looking taken aback.

Erin said nothing as she threw her arms around Crane's scrawny figure. Jervis, who had been sitting on the couch, looked up from a book he'd been reading. He set the book down and got up , going over to see what was wrong.

"What happened?" Jervis asked gently.

"I swear if Oswald broke up with you, I'm gonna-",Crane started to say.

"It's...it's not that...it's...they're both dead...shot....", Erin sobbed into Crane's chest.

"Who?" Jervis asked, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"M--my--my p--parents--", Erin cried, finally turning and looking at him.

Jervis and Crane said nothing. They looked at each other and then at Erin. Crane eased Erin away from him and gave her a gently nudge towards Jervis. Jervis hugged her and that allowed her to cling to him, sobbing into his shoulder.

"Jonathan, this is horrible", Jervis replied quietly.

"I'm calling 911", Crane said, reaching for his cell phone, "Erin can stay with us. She's been through enough".

Jervis nodded and led a very teary eyed Erin to the couch while Crane got on the phone with Gotham Police Department.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.