Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan-Fics & Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 24-01-2010 21:57
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Five : A Perchance To Meet

Bruce Wayne opened up the newly issued Gotham Globe. The police had named their mysterious new criminal, The Mad Hatter. These weren't crimes of any of sort per-say. Whoever this Hatter person was, they were toying with the police and the citizens of Gotham. The Mad Hatter had targeted one person in particular,

Erin Knightly.

A random target at best.

In fact, as Bruce thought about it, it wasn't as random as first perceived. Gordon chose Erin to help with the case because she knew about Alice In Wonderland. It all made sense, in a way. Bruce just wondered if Gordon was able to find Erin before the Mad Hatter did.

The phone rang. That's what woke her up. Erin had woken up on her couch, still clothed from previous day. She reached over and picked up the phone. Gordon's brief sigh of relief was heard. He sounded stressed out.

"Are you alright?" Gordon asked.

"I am. I'm at my apartment. My door is locked and everything. How did you get this number?" Erin asked, answering him quickly.

"Your friend Dinah at the library gave it to me. It was on your -", Gordon went to say.

Erin interrupted him, "I don't have a friend named Dinah at the library. My boss is Mrs. Kingston and she teaches music class at the Elementary in the afternoons. Dinah is the name of Alice's cat".

"Erin, I don't want you to move. I want you to stay right there", Gordon told her, "I want you to hang up and don't answer the phone".

"Okay", Erin agreed and then hung up the phone.

She slowly stood up and went over to the window. Cars were passing through traffic and the entrance to Robson Park looked as inviting as a picnic. People were walking along the side walk with their shopping bags and nobody looked strange or anything. Erin sighed and decided to get dressed into cleaner clothes. This didn't take more then twenty minutes or so. After throwing her other clothes into the laundry basket, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Erin asked.

"Commissioner Jim Gordon of the Gotham Police Department", Gordon replied.

Erin unlocked the door to find a very over tired Gordon standing at her door. He looked as though he could have used a cup of coffee. She was relieved it was him though.

"I had my men searching everywhere", Gordon exclaimed, "I'm glad you're okay. I'm sorry about last night. With this Hatter person on the loose and Scarecrow running around. It's just one big mess".

"Don't apologize commissioner", Erin paused and then raised a thin brown eyebrow, "Did you say Scarecrow?"

"Yes. Why?" Gordon asked.

"I think I may have ran into him last night. He helped me. Sort of. I don't really remember all that much", Erin said.

"Scarecrow is rather dangerous Ms. Knightly. But I'm glad to hear it was him you ran into", Gordon told her.

"Why?" Erin inquired.

"You've been targeted by the Mad Hatter. Why, I can only assume it's because you know about Alice In Wonderland. These crimes have been based off of Lewis Carroll's work. He hasn't targeted anyone else in the city", Gordon explained.

"But I have done nothing to him. Nothing. I've never done anything bad or vicious or anything towards anyone or to anybody. I've never broken the law or anything of the kind", Erin stated.

"That's why I'm assuming you're being targeted for a different reason. He's not going to kill you but we can't assume anything yet", Gordon replied.

"Can I least take a walk through the park before it gets dark out?" Erin asked.

"Yes. But call the station as soon as you get back", Gordon agreed.

Erin nodded. She just needed to get some fresh air. Clear her head and just get herself calmed down. A nice walk in the park would do the trick.

Robson Park was full of life on a nice sunny day like it was right now. Erin felt a warmth of comfort as she walked along the park's path way. It was nice to see Gotham's usual dismal gray skies be a bright shade of blue for once. Erin was humming to herself as she walked through the park. Somewhere out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone sitting under a nearby tree, reading. She knew people came to the park for peace and quiet, it was much like an outdoor library.

Erin stepped over the gravel walk way and walked onto the grass. She just stood for the better part, a good five feet away from where the person was sitting. She felt as though she was intruding on their privacy but she couldn't help but notice the book the person was reading. Her mind was flooding with curiosity and of course, at the moment, she felt she could use someone to talk to.

"How doth the little crocodile, Improve his shining tail, And pour the waters of the Nile on every golden scale!" the person recited aloud.

"How doth the little busy bee, Improve each shining hour, And gather honey all the day, From every opening flower!" Erin recited back.

The person looked up from his book and glanced at her. He looked taken aback. Erin blushed, feeling guilty for interrupting him. Both just looked at each other for a long second or so. He had dark sandy blond hair, slightly messy. His eyes were a dark harvest gold brown. He also had a slight over bit. Erin had never seen him before, however she barely wondered Gotham, having always worked at the library. But of course, she couldn't remember everyone who came and went. He almost looked as surprised as she did, almost thinking the same thing. He'd never seen her in his life.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt", Erin apologized, walking over and standing almost in front of him.

"No, it's quite alright. You...um...have read...", He trailed off with a nervous tone.

"Yes. Ten times in fact", Erin said, nodding and staring at her feet.

"You can sit down...if you'd like", He exclaimed, patting the spot on the grass beside him.

"Oh..um...thank you", Erin stated, "But I don't want to interrupt...", she trailed off.

"I don't mind. Honest", He shook his head as he spoke.

Erin took his offer and sat down beside him. She stared down at the grass for a long time. She then looked at him.

"I awfully sorry. I've forgotten my manners", Erin replied, blushing again, "I'm Erin Knightly", she held out her hand to hm.

"Jervis Tetch", he said, shaking her hand, smiling a little, if not more nervously.

"It's very nice to meet you. I could someone with a smiling face", Erin quietly said.

"And why's that?" Jervis asked curiously.

"It's nothing", Erin muttered.

"It has to be something", Jervis commented, "Try me", he added.

"Well, I think...I think I just need a vacation. To get away from reality. I think I've been behind the desk at the library too long. One of Gotham's criminals is on the loose and I think they're really looking for him and not this other person who is part of this whole Alice In Wonderland thing. I think I made the whole Alice In Wonderland thing up in my head or something", Erin explained, "I think I'm just tired".

"A perchance to dream, perhaps?" Jervis asked.

"Yeah. I guess", Erin laughed gently.

"You know you say that things are 'much of a muchness' — did you ever see a drawing of a muchness?" Jervis asked, reciting another line aloud.

Erin laughed a little more, covering her mouth with her hand as she laughed. Jervis shut his book and set it in his lap. The two fell into a fit of laughter, making people jogging past them raise some curious eyebrows and shake their heads.

It was nonsense to them.

But not to Erin or Jervis.

End of Chapter Five

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 25-01-2010 10:59
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Very good Erin, keep it uppenguin
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 00:13
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Six : How doth the little busy bee. Improve each shining hour

It was late. Well, it was growing dark out anyway. Erin and Jervis had been walking around Robson Park for hours. She had lost track of the time but of course she didn't wear a watch. In the back of her mind she knew she needed to call the police station but didn't being here with Jervis make her okay? Erin paused slightly, staring at the ground, trying to think of the answer.

"Something wrong?" Jervis asked, stopping beside her.

"I promised to make a phone call to a friend when I got back from my walk and I've been having such a wonderful time talking with you, it just slipped my mind", Erin told him.

"I hope it wasn't an important one, I apologize if it was", Jervis exclaimed.

"No. It wasn't really. And don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault. It can wait", Erin stated.

She had been walking along side Jervis and she hadn't noticed that she had locked her arm around his, despite the fact they'd been walking side by side for the past few hours. They were in part of the park that was shaded by trees, it was hard to see five feet in front of them. The city seemed so far away now though. Small lights in the distance, surrounding them but so far away. There was no noise here in the park.

"There's something I want to show you. If you have time to see it?" Jervis suggested after staring up at the sky for a minute or so.

"Oh, of course", Erin agreed, nodding.

Robson Park was dead center of Gotham, almost giving it's name, Gotham's Central Park. The park's oldest theme was the Story Book Nook just near the center of the park. Of course, the little play ground was lost in it's own time frame. It looked dark and lonely and untouched. The stars above in the sky almost gave the place it's own spot light. There were giant mushrooms and things like that.

Erin's mouth fell open in awe. It was like a place like this didn't exist but it did. It was impossible but at the same time it was very possible. It was so far away from reality. It took a moment to wrap her mind around her surroundings. To take it all in. Jervis motioned to the patch of mushrooms, the small ones looked like step stools and there was a big one just in between them. Erin followed him up. Jervis too her hands in his helping her up. Both sat on the big mushroom a second later.

"It's very quiet here", Erin pointed out.

"Quiet but it can get lonely", Jervis said, sighing, "I only come here if I don't want to read in the park".

Erin looked at him, "You should come to the library. I work there in the afternoons. You wouldn't be lonely. In fact, even there, you can stay as long as you want".

Jervis nodded slowly. He turned his gaze downward for a second, staring at his hands, as though in thought. Erin was doing the same. They didn't look at each other for a long time.

Gordon was tapping his pencil against his desk. He stared at the phone. It hadn't rung once or at least Erin hadn't been any of the calls he'd gotten throughout the day. Rameriaze came into his office a second later, a cup of coffee in her hand, as usual.

"Sir, we've brought in someone else", Rameriaze said.

"Who?" Gordon asked.

"The March Hare. The guys found him laying in the fetal position in a back alleyway and looking freaked out. All we could get out of him was the word 'Scarecrow'. We have him and the White Rabbit in the interrogation room for further questioning", Rameriaze replied.

"Any progress?" Gordon inquired.

"None", Rameriaze exclaimed, "Any call from her yet?"

"No. I'm getting worried too. It's almost past seven", Gordon remarked, getting up, "I'm going to check on her", he added putting on his coat, "I should be back in ten if not fifteen minutes".

Rameriaze nodded as he left.

Robson Park's quietness seemed to fade as she and her companion stood out on the side walk, watching the cars pass by. Erin seemed rather disappointed about leaving behind the world she had shared with Jervis that entire afternoon. It all seemed to seep and fade as they stood there. Her apartment building was just across the street.

"It was really nice meeting you", Jervis spoke up, smiling.

"Likewise. Please do come by the library though", Erin stated, nodding her head, smiling also.

"I will. Thank you", Jervis replied, tipping his head forward in a court bow.

The two shared a final look into each other's eyes before Jervis slowly turned and headed down the side walk, leaving Erin to cross the cross walk alone. The two parted ways in a silent yet mutual respect for the other. Gordon's car pulled up as Erin walked up the side walk towards her apartment building only a moment later.

"Commissioner", Erin replied, seeing Gordon walking towards her.

"You never called. I had to see if you were alright. Gotham has two criminals loose and I can't seem to find either one of them", Gordon remarked.

"I'm okay, really. I just met someone in the park and I lost track of the time. I'll be at the library all afternoon tomorrow", Erin exclaimed, "Jim, you should really think about getting some sleep, you look peaky".

"Thanks, I'll do that. And Erin, please be careful", Gordon told her as he turned to walk back to his car.

Erin nodded and then headed up the front steps into the apartment building. What neither noticed was that Jervis Tetch was standing down the street, watching. He frowned slightly, seeing the Commissioner talking with Erin. She was fine. She was safe and sound. Even though he'd just met her, he felt she didn't need the third degree from the police.

What did they know anyway?

Jervis felt something else too. He just turned and continued down the side walk.

End of Chapter Six

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 11:43
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The plot thicken....{DUN,DUN}...Great chapter
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 12:37
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The plot thicken....{DUN,DUN}...Great chapter
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 13:04
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

XDD Yeah, the suspense is killing me and I'm the one who is writing it. LOL!

WHEN'S SOMETHING EXCITING GOING TO HAPPEN?!!! XDD LOL!!

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 16:23
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

you are such a smart aleckwink
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 18:23
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Yeah, I know XDD

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 18:30
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Can't wait to the read the next chapter....

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 21:06
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Seven : A Mad Tea Party

Barbara Gordon walked into the library, arms full with her usual school work. She went to the front desk to check in. She just gaped at her friend, who was staring off into space. Erin had a dazed look on her face. Barbara laughed, waving her hand in front of her face.

"Oh, sorry", Erin replied, shaking herself out of her daze.

"You feeling okay?" Barbara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm feeling fine. I just...I've been spacing out all day", Erin said.

"Alright, who is he?" Barbara asked.

"Who said anything-", Erin went to say.

"I have friends who like guys and whenever they see a guy they like they get that same look on their face", Barbara commented.

"Okay fine. But he and I are just friends, I mean, we just met yesterday", Erin pointed out.

"Friends huh? Well, he must be really special if you're thinking about him", Barbara exclaimed smiling and heading over to the nearest computer to writer her English paper.

Erin shook her head. She and Jervis were just friends but she had been thinking about him the whole day. She was just about to make her rounds with the new order of books for the non-fiction History section when the library door opened and then closed. She almost dropped the books she was holding. Jervis walked up to the desk, looking nervous as he had done the day before.

"Hi", Jervis replied.

"Hi. I'm so glad you were able to come", Erin said, smiling.

"I could use a different setting and it is rather nice in here", Jervis stated, nodding his head.

"We have a nice seating area in the fiction section", Erin told him, "Follow me".

Jervis nodded and followed her into the next room which had rows and rows of books. They came to circular wall off to the side. There were two chairs, a couch and a couple of bean bag chairs on the floor. There was even an oval wooden table with some issues of the Gotham Globe that people left behind on occasion.

"I think a chair is much more comfortable than the ground", Jervis remarked, laughing slightly, sitting down.

"I just have to put some books in the non-fiction section. If you need anything, I'll be at the front desk", Erin said.

Jervis nodded. Erin turned and went off to do her task. Jervis turned his attention to the Gotham Globes. They were issues from the past few weeks. He picked each one of them up and quickly went through them. He didn't want Erin to see the articles in the news paper. Too much of their conversations were similar to those words in the articles. Jervis noticed a recycling waste basket just on the other side of the couch. There were other pieces of paper stuffed in there. In a small mad desperation, Jervis hid the news papers under the other papers in the recycling bin. He went back to the chair and sat down. Taking out his book, he was able to relax.

Erin had put the last book on the shelf and was heading back to the front desk. Barbara looked up from her computer as Erin walked past her.

"Is that your friend who came in?" Barbara asked.

"Yes. Why?" Erin inquired.

"You like him, I can tell", Barbara said knowingly.

"I do but we're just friends and I doubt he's interested. I'm nobody's type. I'm just...me", Erin shrugged and went off to see what other tasks she had to finish.

Jervis had stayed past closing. He stood by the front desk as Erin put her coat on and walked around the desk, she shouldered purse on her left shoulder.

"Thanks for staying. You didn't have to", Erin replied as they left the building, locking the door behind her.

"Actually, the reason I stayed was because I...kind of...have a surprise for you", Jervis told her, "But it's not ready yet".

"Oh, really?" She asked curiously.

"It's nothing big. But I think you'll appreciate it", Jervis stated, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

He didn't think. He knew she would. He'd actually been working on it since last night and he had gone back before any was around this morning to put the finishing touches on it. He just needed to one more thing. Jervis waved down a cab, which pulled over.

"So, what is my surprise?" Erin asked, rather curiously.

"Meet me in the Story Book center of Robson Park in about a half an hour", Jervis exclaimed.

"Sounds good", Erin agreed, getting into the cab.

As the cab drove off, Jervis clapped his hands happily, a rather happy excited look on his face.

Erin couldn't seem to take her eyes off the clock after she arrived home. She was feeling excited and yet she didn't know why. She knew he didn't have to do anything for her, they'd just met. To calm herself down, she tidied up the kitchen and did the dishes, there was very little in the sink but she needed to preoccupy her mind.

One of the windows in her apartment opened. Erin turned around as she wiped her hands on the dish towel. Batman stood in the living room. He had a very weird way of just showing up. Erin was wondering why he wasn't out fighting crime and protecting the city. Erin walked over, folding her arms slightly.

"Aren't you supposed to be out saving the city?" She asked.

Batman eyed her coat, "Why do you look like you're going back out?"

"I'm meeting a friend for dinner", Erin replied, knowing she didn't need to explain herself to him.

"You shouldn't go out. It's not safe", Batman pointed out.

"Why does everyone keep telling me that?! I'm fine! If the Mad Hatter wanted to find me, he would have! It's been twenty four hours and there's been nothing. He probably lost interest or gave up or whatever. The fact is, I'm not in danger", Erin exclaimed.

"You don't know that", Batman stated.

"If you want to protect me and everyone else, go do your job and leave me alone", Erin remarked.

Batman said nothing else as he tried to read the expression on her face. He couldn't read her expression though, she had a defense barrier up. Her body language was just as confusing. He turned and left without a further ado. Erin took in a deep breath to calm herself. She hadn't meant to get defensive.

"Maybe I'm just over worked", She thought to herself, "Maybe I do need a vacation".

As she thought to herself, she glanced at the small clock on the wall. She was almost late to meet Jervis. Grabbing her coat, she left her apartment with quick haste. Remembering the small path through Robson Park, Erin ran happily down the path. Her arms out at her sides as her dark red curls danced in the night hair. Nobody was around and all she could hear was her own foot steps. She reached the trees and slowed down, walking slowly now. She took in some deep breathes, checking her heart rate. The night air was warm. It felt nice.

Some foot steps made her aware she wasn't alone. Erin tensed a little as they got closer. The moon was full that night and seemed to shimmer like a spot light across the park. A second later, a figure stood before her.

It was Jervis.

And he was wearing an odd outfit. Well, it wasn't odd to her. But it would seem that way to anyone else. Erin smiled gently, laughing a little. Jervis took off his top hat, playing with the rim of it with his fingers. He smiled nervously.

"Um...I guess you can close your eyes", Jervis replied finally.

Erin laughed still be closed her eyes anyway. Jervis took her hand and led to the Story Book nook center they'd visited the previous night. Except there was one small difference and it was because he'd added an extra piece.

"Alright, open your eyes", He said, feeling a small rush of excitement himself.

Erin gripped his hand with much anticipation and opened her eyes slowly. Her mouth fell open. A table was set up with cups, plates and things like that. There was missed matched chairs sitting at the place settings. Sure the setting was small but it looked rather accurate. Erin turned to Jervis.

"This is...I don't know...wow", Erin stammered.

"So, how about that vacation? Mind staying with me in Wonderland for a while?" Jervis asked, laughing gently.

Erin took both of his hands in hers, "I'd be honored. Thank you".

Both looked at each other for a second or so long before looking elsewhere, both nervously blushing.

You mean you can't take LESS...it's very easy to take MORE than nothing.

End of Chapter Seven

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 21:12
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Time to win a prize...FROM ME!! yes

Who can tell me which of Lewis Carroll's books is the chapter "A Mad Tea Party" in?

The person who tells me will get a DRAWING from ME!!

Hint: The chapter "A Mad Tea Party" is the same numbered chapter I chose.

Good luck!!!

P.S.

You can't bribe me wink

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 26-01-2010 22:26
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Wonderful chapter once again...as for your quiz....I quit I know nothing about Alice in Wonderland
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 21-02-2010 23:24
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Eight : Eat me, Drink me

The memory of that night seemed so far away as she awoke right on the couch back in her apartment. She put her hand to her head and slowly sat up. It was about a few hours past midnight but she could barley see as her apartment was pitch black. She turned her head slightly, turning towards the lamp on the side table. She turned it on and saw that there was a note sitting just beside the lamp. Erin picked it up and read what it said.

Sweet dreams. Hope to see you again soon. - Jervis

Erin smiled to herself. Despite the fact, his hand writing looked oddly familiar to her but of course, she was sure it was because she was just tired and it was late. She was glad she had such a good friend. Though, she never remembered telling him where she lived but of course, she must have mentioned it to him when he brought her home. Erin ran her fingers through her hair and decided to go to bed. She got up from the couch and turned off the light on the side table as she headed towards her bedroom.

Erin fell asleep almost at once, unaware of how reality was unfolding.

Scarecrow had disappeared into Robson Park, slipping into the quietness. He had dropped off his toxins at an unknown location only he knew of. He needed a refreshing walk. And the night seemed pretty quiet. As he was walking through a slew of trees, he heard someone humming. It was a happy humming. Scarecrow frowned but decided to investigate.

He found the occupant sitting up in a nearby tree. The occupant was sitting on a tree branch, leaning against the tree, one leg dangling over the tree branch while the other leg sat up right. The occupant had his hands resting on his stomach. His top hat slightly covering his face.

"What brings you into this neck of Wonderland?" the person asked.

"Oh, it's you", Scarecrow muttered, "I thought I'd seen the last of you. "Who are you anyway?" he asked in a cold, silky, emotionless, quiet tone.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out", the person replied, turning around fully so both his legs were dangling over the tree branch.

The person jumped down with much eccentricity, he landed on the ground on his feet. He was only a mere few inches shorter than Scarecrow. Scarecrow eyed him with a small amount of curiosity.

"So, you must be the one running around and causing all of this mess around Gotham or am I mistaken?" Scarecrow asked.

"Not mistaken but let's keep it between us", the person exclaimed, holding his hands out as he gestured with them, "I'm mad as a hatter, you might say", he added, smiling slightly.

Scarecrow just stood there as the person slipped back into the shadows of the trees, once again making a quiet exit. Scarecrow shook his head, rather annoyed by the other person's inability to answer a straight question.

It was like there was no logic or reason, just nonsense.

End Chapter Eight

NOTE: Sorry about the short chapter. I had writer's block for a while & I just felt like I needed to write something.

I hope this is okay!

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 21-02-2010 23:25
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 22-02-2010 12:12
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Erin you have done a great job once again...love the cliffy ending
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 12-03-2010 00:35
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

STORY UPDATE

Gotham: Wonderland - Chapters 9-12 will be up soon!!

Thank you for your patience!!

- Erin

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 14-03-2010 16:01
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Nine: The Mock Turtle

Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?

The day had gone on just as normal and without any strange occurrence or clear interruption to anyone's routine. Especially hers. Erin had spent the entire day looking over her shoulder, listening to the library's door open and close. She would turn around, hoping to see if he would come. If he would walk in and disturb the quiet that the library held with tense anticipation. What was she hopping for? For him to show up and maybe she could leave early? That was it exactly. She wanted to get out of the dreary gray world that was her life and go into his colorful imagination that she too shared.

Outside the sun was slowly setting. The library felt like the walls were closing in and she was alone. Everyone had left for the day. She was standing in front of the card catalog and shut the drawer just as the library's door swiftly opened with a small creak. She looked up, turning her attention to the door. There he was, walking towards her. Messy dark golden blond hair, blue eyes and that cheerful grin that would do the Cheshire Cat justice. Jervis stopped, waving to her. Erin smiled, dashing over to the front desk and grabbing her coat. She then hurried back over to him.

"You act like you work in a morgue", Jervis joked.

"I was hoping you'd show up so I could close the library early", Erin replied, blushing slightly, "Nobody's in here, so...", she looked at the ground as she put on her jacket.

"So...I must have pretty good timing then", Jervis said, looking at her and smiling gently.

Erin nodded, "That you do. I um...I was also wondering...if you wanted...", she trailed off, chewing her lower lip.

She took out of her coat pocket a small envelope. She had been invited to a costume party that was also a charity event held by Bruce Wayne. And the invitation stated that she could bring someone if she wanted. It had actually been given to her by Commissioner Gordon, who had stopped by earlier that day. Gordon was not impressed by disappearing act the previous night, despite the fact she had told Gordon she'd been out with a friend, which was true.

"I've been invited to this charity event and I can bring someone with me. You're allowed to dress up for it too. And I was hoping to see you today and wanted to know if you wanted to go", She finished.

Jervis reached out and took her hands in his, "I'd be delighted to go with you", He exclaimed.

Erin smiled back at him, "Thank you but you know...if you don't want to...you don't have to...I was just wondering".

Jervis shook his head, "Nonsense. I don't mind, really".

They just looked at each other for the longest time. The sun seemed to cast over them from the windows, bathing them in the last light of the afternoon. Going outside, Erin locked the doors to the library. Turning back to Jervis, she slipped her arm around his as they walked down the side walk together.

Leading Jervis into her apartment about thirty minutes later, Erin wished she lived a little more organized or at least had a bit more taste in furniture and decor. Save for the one poster on the wall in her room, the rest of the apartment looked out of place. The poster in her room was a blown up size picture of the "Mad Tea Party" from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

"Sorry about the mess", She mumbled, trying not look towards the small kitchen area where her breakfast dishes were sitting in the sink, unattended to from that morning.

Jervis just gave her a small smile as he stood with his hands in his pockets. His eyes gave a quick sweep of her home, noticing that only a couple of books occupied the coffee table. Two very familiar titles. Both books he too owned and knew of their pages. There were a few poetry books sitting on a small wooden shelve near the TV and some Shakespeare as well, among the poetry books. While Jervis was occupied, Erin had slipped into her room and dug out last year's Halloween costume. When Jervis turned around to look elsewhere, Erin came out of her room a second later, catching his attention.

"Last year's costume", Erin told him, "I went to the library at the elementary school last year to hand out candy. The kids and adults had to be story book characters. I was Alice".

Erin put her arms behind her back, nervously blushing and staring at the floor. Her dark red curls flared against the light purple dress and white apron. She wore white tights and black shoes and to complete the outfit, a black head band. Yes, it seemed pretty silly to anyone else but she had felt he'd appreciate a bit more than any other person in the world. It was then she noticed, maybe for the first time in the past hour, that Jervis was carrying a bag with him. She hadn't noticed, mainly she didn't think of it as being important as it was a large looking messenger bag.

"Mind if I use your bathroom?" Jervis asked.

"Oh, of course", Erin said, smiling and nodding.

After Jervis went into the bathroom, Erin hurriedly went to the sink to do the dishes. It was bothering her and she didn't want to seem the type of person who didn't do their dishes. By the time, she had put each item in the dish drainer to dry, Jervis had stepped out of the bathroom. He was wearing the same outfit he had the previous night in the park.

"I was wondering what you had in your bag", Erin giggled slightly, looking at him.

"I thought you might like it", Jervis stated, setting his bag in one of the kitchen chairs, "You don't mind if I leave this here do you?"

"Oh, of course not", Erin told him, waving her hand.

The two headed for the door. It was actually nice out and not that cold. The air was warm and relaxing.

"Shall we? Or we'll be late", Jervis said, laughing, offering her his arm again.

Erin laughed gently, taking his arm as they once again proceeded down the side walk.

Bruce Wayne's charity event was taking place at the big Cine-Plex Gotham Hotel. Everyone was dressed up. Except Bruce and the police, who were patroling all the floors. Gordon was standing near the front, hands on his hips, looking anxious, acting as though he was waiting for the Joker or some lunatic to come bursting into the place to upset Gotham's trust fund babies who gave donations to whomever they wanted. Gordon turned in slow motion as Erin and Jervis were walking up to the front doors.

The two walked into the crowded lobby just Bruce stepped off the elevator to come to greet more of his guests. Bruce stopped as soon as Erin and Jervis had walked into the place. Bruce walked over to them casually.

"Ms. Knightly, I'm glad you could come", Bruce said, nodding to Erin.

"Thank you Mr. Wayne", Erin replied, she turned to Jervis, "This is my date, Jervis Tetch".

Bruce just gave a small inward smile, nodding to Jervis in a court gesture. Jervis did the same as the two headed for the elevator. Inside the elevator, Erin looked at Jervis.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said that", Erin apologized.

"No, I'm glad you did. I heard that his kind like to add phone numbers to their mysterious little black books", Jervis commented, "Doesn't matter who you are either".

"That is so true", Erin said, giggling madly, "But I wouldn't give out my number on a napkin anyway".

Jervis raised a dark blond eyebrow in curiosity, "Oh?"

"Don't need to", Erin decided to say, taking his hand.

Jervis felt his face flush a little, holding her hand in his own. The elevator door opened and the two walked down the hallway to the ball room which was crowded with people. The two just nervously glanced at each other. Neither felt as though they belonged in this crowd.

"I didn't want to come anyway", Erin admitted.

"A hasty exit would seem to be in order then. Maybe even a nice dinner away from all of this?" Jervis suggested, holding his left hand up in the air.

Erin nodded and the two continued down to the end of the hallway towards the stair way exit. They hurried down the stairs and out the side door, which led to a side parking lot but there was no one around. The two companions then headed down the parking lot and down the side street, searching for nice cafe for something to eat. Once on the main street, Jervis gestured towards a restaurant. It was a small cozy cafe. And it didn't look too busy.

Erin took off her coat and purse, setting them on the back of her chair. She and Jervis sat down at a side table, as it was 'Seat Yourself Service'. Jervis took off his top hat, setting it on the table. He ran his hands through his hair, scratching his head a little before folding them on the table. He and Erin looked away from each other, a little nervous about being alone like this, in a more formal fashion.

"Can I get you two anything?" A waiter asked walking over, having seen them walk in.

"Two cups of tea please", Both responded almost at once.

The waiter wrote down their order, looking at both of them with a surprised, curious fashion. It wasn't every day that two people walked into the cafe looking like they'd just walked out of one of Lewis Carroll's books. The waiter nodded and headed back towards the kitchen, a little perplexed. Erin and Jervis looked back at each other, smiling and laughing slightly after having spoken at the same time.

The waiter brought their tea to them minutes later. Neither seemed to want anything else and settled for the tea. The waiter nodded to them before heading back to the kitchen, leaving them alone again. Erin picked up her tea, holding it up to her mouth, blowing across it to cool it down a little. Jervis was already sipping his tea, setting his cup down as Erin took her first sip.

"How is it?" Jervis asked.

"It's good", Erin replied, setting her cup down.

Jervis reached over, lacing his fingers with hers. Erin smiled at him. This was much better than being in a room full of complete strangers who she didn't know. And she was glad she wasn't the only lonely person in Gotham.

End of Chapter Nine

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 14-03-2010 16:06
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Ten: Happy Unbirthday To You

Gordon's men had checked every level, every room, every corner, stair case & every other place in the hotel. Bruce stood with Gordon in the lobby. The party was still going on upstairs but Bruce was just a little curious as to what was going on.

"If you don't mind me asking Commissioner, who are you looking for?" Bruce asked, trying to act convincing to help protect his identity.

"Erin Knightly. She was helping me with a case but we had to pull her from it because of some circumstances", Gordon explained.

Detective Allen approached Gordon a second later, "Sir, there's no sign of Erin Knightly or her date. We did find footage of them leaving via the back stair well on the second floor. They left shorty after arriving here".

"Is it just a coincidence that both Ms. Knightly and her date were dressed as Alice and the Mad Hatter", Gordon muttered.

"Well, my event was a costume party", Bruce pointed out.

"I want both of them found. Who did she say her date's name was?" Gordon asked.

"Jervis Tetch. He worked at my company two months ago. We had to, unfortunately, lay off some of the employees because business was slow", Bruce exclaimed.

"I want Mr. Tetch and Ms. Knightly found", Gordon said, turning to Allen, "They could be targeted by the actual Mad Hatter. I'd rather not have any incidents".

"Yes sir", Allen replied, nodding and heading off to round up a couple other officers.

While Gordon was talking to Allen, Bruce slipped off down the hallway of the lobby, disappearing out the nearest exit. When Gordon turned around, Bruce was gone. Gordon just shrugged it off and decided to head back to the MCU.

After their small stop for some tea, the two had decided to walk through Robson Park. The stars above seemed to twinkle and sparkle over head as they walked hand in hand down the paved path way that looped through out the park. They stopped near the tree where they had first met only a few days ago. They looked at each other and then at the ground. Their hands were still clasped together, fingers intertwined with each other.

Jervis looked at Erin after a moment or so. She was still staring at the ground. So she didn't notice him looking at her. He could see her light blue eyes hidden under her dark red curly hair. He reached over and stroked a strand of hair out of her face. Erin turned her head and looked at him. She smiled at him. Jervis smiled back as he let go of her hand and slipped his arm around her waist. Erin turned to him, slipping herself closer. They were standing rather close to each other now. Both blushed nervously.

What they didn't know was that they had been followed to the park. Scarecrow was standing just a few feet away. He had caught a glimpse of the pair when they had left the tea shop more than a little over than thirty minutes or so ago. Scarecrow was disgusted with the little display that the two were sharing. Love was bunk in his opinion. That and he recognized the man in the top hat as the mysterious figure he kept running into. And of course, the good doctor Crane assumed that the lovely red head was Erin Knightly, whom he had ran into only a few days ago.

Crane took this opportunity to walk towards them as Jervis and Erin had slowly moved in towards each other. Erin had taken a glance over Jervis's shoulder as Jervis held her. She took in a sharp in take of breath. Jervis heard her and looked at her.

"What's wrong?" Jervis asked, looking concerned.

He turned his head, seeing that Scarecrow was walking towards them. Jervis frowned a little. Why did he have to ruin this? All of it? If this man said anything, it would ruin everything.

"I thought I recognized you", Scarecrow replied.

"Haven't you ever heard of minding your own business? It's quite rude to interrupt", Jervis exclaimed.

"I see you got your target", Scarecrow remarked, nodding to Erin.

"Are you daft? I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about", Jervis stated, looking taken aback.

"Do you know this man is the one the police have been looking for? the Mad Hatter, that's what they're calling him", Scarecrow said, looking at Erin.

"Don't talk to her-", Jervis went to say, getting defensive.

However Erin interrupted at her own risk.

"But Jervis wouldn't hurt a fly", Erin commented, taking Jervis's arm, "Besides, it's you the police are looking for. Not him".

Scarecrow gently laughed, "You are truly blind my dear. Truly blind. You obviously believe me to be more dangerous than the very person who has probably been stalking you and now has you where he wants you? Yes, I am myself a criminal of this city. Yet I have not tried once to harm you or this tea drinking, obsessed, delusional man", he nodded causally at Jervis.

Jervis just frowned. Erin folded her arms casually, looking rather neutral of the whole ordeal. Scarecrow was sure she'd be thinking it over and maybe she'd come to her senses. Despite the fact she held no concern to him, Crane was a doctor of sorts, feeding on people's fear but at the moment, he was mostly feeling to feed off her emotions. He thought it annoying that she was so intelligent yet blind to the very fact of how things were. What came next, made Crane frown deeper under his burlap mask.

"So, what if Jervis is the Mad Hatter", Erin spoke up quietly, "It makes perfect sense. And I'm sure the police have no clue either. I don't care. What matters most is how Jervis and I both feel on the matter and I think it's nonsense that someone like yourself would try to stop something like from happening. I'm tired of my normal lifestyle, sick and tired of it. And if that gets me locked up, so be it".

With that she slowly but surely, walked off in the opposite direction. Jervis just gave Crane his still annoyed expression as he passed him.

"You've gone and upset the white queen, I hope you are proud of yourself", Jervis muttered before hurrying to catch up with Erin.

Crane had no idea what Jervis meant but not that he cared in the least. Crane thought them both delusional that this whole thing would last very long. He was sure Gotham's Dark Knight would soon be on to them. Crane slipped back into the shadows, withdrawing himself from the park. Jervis had caught up with Erin about a minute later, it didn't take much as she didn't walk very fast. Erin dropped her arms from their folded position and turned to him. Jervis took her hand in his, holding it gently.

"I...I didn't want...you to know", Jervis murmured.

"I don't mind. Really", Erin shook her head as she spoke, "It's not every day this sort of thing happens...I'm quite enjoying myself".

"I saw you, last Halloween. I assumed you'd like Carroll's work and I...I got laid off my job and well...I guess", Jervis went to say.

Erin reached up, pressing her index finger gently against his lips, "You don't have to explain why or how or anything. I may not understand everything but this is one of the few things I do understand".

She moved her finger away a second later, smiling gently. Jervis smiled, blushing slightly. His lips felt warm where her finger had been. He couldn't help but feel something when he looked at her.

"Thank you...for understanding", Jervis exclaimed, nodding his head.

The pair shared a long, thoughtful gaze at each other before remembering what time it was and that they were in the middle of a deserted park. They headed back to Erin's apartment only minutes later. Returning to the darkened apartment, Erin slowly, fought her way to the lamp sitting next to the couch. She nor Jervis dressed out of their attire. Jervis went to the coffee table, placing his top hat on the table, he picked up one of Erin's copies of Alice In Wonderland, the second book, being it's sequel, Through the Looking Glass.

Jervis sat down on the couch, flipping through the book until he came one of his favorite chapters. Erin walked over and sat down beside him, folding her hands in her lap. She gently leaned against his shoulder, looking down at the book.

"Oh, this is my favorite part", She stated, "What a wonderful unhappy birthday it's been", she joked, giggling slightly.

"Indeed", Jervis agreed, chuckling.

Taking her hand in his, Jervis turned back to the book and began reading, chapter seven, 'The Mad Tea Party' aloud to Erin. Erin sat intently, listening with such awe. She'd never read aloud before nor had heard anyone read aloud to her before either. It was so...wonderful.

Take me away (take me away)
A secret place (a secret place)
A sweet escape (a sweet escape)
To better days (to better days)
A higher place (a higher place)

End of Chapter Ten

Lyrics from "Pocket Full of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 14-03-2010 16:11
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Eleven: Prechance To Dream

She was walking along the darkened trees. The path benieth her feet was covered in leaves and made small crunching noises as she walked. There were lamp posts every few feet. The curious thing about the lamp posts were that they were dead flamingos. Each flamingo looked frozen in place, their eyes were wide open. The leaves of the trees rustled uneasily in the breeze and the lights from the lamps casted shadows along the path way. And of course, she was all alone.

Erin looked about uneasily. She was still wearing the light purple dress and aparon. The trees seemed to come close together. Her dark red curls danced about her shoulders as she walked. As she came to an intersection, she saw two wooden signs. Each painted in red. The red paint was painted in a maddened manner. There was one sign on the right hand corner in the intersection, the other sign was on the left hand side.

The Mad Hatter, was on the right.

The March Hare, was on the left.

Erin turned to the right but as she did so, a cat appeared on the limb of the dead looking tree that was in the middle of the intersection.

"Oh, I wouldn't go that way dear one. The Mad Hatter is...well...mad you see. You'd best visit the March Hare", the Cat said.

"But I am looking for the Mad Hatter", Erin exclaimed, looking anxious.

She turned to keep going but the cat seemed distressed.

"You don't seem to understand", the Cat stated.

"I understand perfectly", Erin remarked, "But I don't think you seem to understand", and with that she kept walking.

The cat's ears drooped and disappeared. Erin wasn't going to worry about the cat's warnings. She was sure it was just trying to trick her. What seemed forever, she finally turned another corner in the bend of the path way. There was only one lamp post here and there was very little light. A figure was leaning against the lamp post. As soon as she approached the lamp post, the figure turned to her. Erin could see the person now.

It was Jervis.

But there was something more...different about him. She wasn't sure. Not that she cared. He looked as he done before. But she didn't notice the look in his eyes as he turned to her. It was a maddened look. As she walked towards him, almost as though she was drawn to him, he held his hands out her. Erin put her hands in his and he pulled her closer to him. Jervis held her left hand in his, while his other hand rested against her waist. Erin's right hand just lay gently on his shoulder. The two just seemed to waltz on the spot, dancing in the pathway.

"Does this feel familiar?" Jervis asked softly.

"We danced that night in the park", Erin answered quietly, looking at him.

Jervis held her closer, his face pressing close to her dark red hair. His lips just lightly kissing her cheek and down her jaw. Erin felt a warm feeling crawling up her stomach. His fingers pressed tightly to her waist and soon they were laying in the warm grass just beside the pathway. Jervis's lips just lightly caressing her neck. Erin just clung to him, she just kissed his cheek while he stroked her hair away from her face. The Cheshire Cat grin returning to his face as the two looked back at each other.

His lips just lightly touched hers, kissing along her lower lip. Erin granted him entrance and he claimed her lips a second later. His top hat went rolling away just a foot from where they lay. A light breeze had picked up but there was nothing or anyone around them. The lamp post seemed to dim lighter and lighter. Almost darkening the world around them. Erin could still see Jervis's face. And he could still see hers.

"I'm late...I'm late...I'm late", Jervis whispered as his lips moved down the column of her neck again.

Erin felt warm again and she just sighed in a contented manner, shutting her eyes as she put her arms around Jervis, holding him close to her. His voice seemed like a record in her ear, she could hear his words playing over and over again.

I'm late...I'm late...I'm late...

I'm late...BEEP!...I'm late...BEEP!...I'm late...BEEP!...BEEP!

Erin opened her eyes, staring at her alarm clock straight on. It read, 11:45 AM. She sat up. The sun was illuminating across her bedroom. She was still clothed from the night before. Erin sat up and then got out of bed. She went out into the kitchen. Jervis was standing in the kitchen area, taking a pot of tea off the stove.

"Morning", Jervis greeted, smiling sleepily.

"Morning", Erin replied, smiling.

"I would have woken you but I thought you could sleep in. Don't worry, I slept on the couch. Stayed up reading after you went to bed", Jervis explained.

Erin smiled even more. She went up to him and kissed him lightly on the cheek, making him blush slightly but smile.

"Thank you", She said, nodding her head.

Somewhere, deep down, Erin wished it hadn't just been a dream. Although, as she looked into Jervis's eyes, she could tell he was thinking the same thing.

End of Chapter Eleven

RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 14-03-2010 20:24
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Twelve: Cheshire Cat

Gordon was furious. He didn't like the fact when he'd arrived at the station that the two men, The White Rabbit and the March Hare, whom they had in custody, had been let free. How in the world did two men in a department full of cops get freed anyway? Gordon sighed, pacing his office. Ramieraze came into Gordon's office and was holding a piece of paper in her hand.

"I think Batman left this, sir", She said.

Gordon took the piece of paper with a fancied curiosity. Written down in black marker were the words:

I freed the Mad Hatter's men. I put a tracking device on them & I'm going to follow them to see if they'll lead us to some answers.

Gordon nodded as he read the note. Feeling some relieve fall off his shoulders. But there was still the question of finding Erin Knightly & this, Jervis Tetch that she'd been seen with.

The Mad Hatter pulled out a pocket watch from his coat pocket, he flicked it open and then closed it, placing it in his pocket again. He folded his arms behind his back casually. Standing on side of him was a deranged looking man with a grin of a psycheatric patient. Mostly because the man was from the psyche word of Arkham. He was wearing a dark purple jacket with light purple pants and an in-between plum purple colored shirt underneath. His hair was black with a light blue tint to it. His nose has been painted a light purple with dark whiskers.

Standing on the other side of the Mad Hatter were two short but built body guards. They wore dark brown and red clothing, almost like identical twins. They were also both bald with dark eyes. The small group was standing in front of a ride at the Gotham Amusement park, the ride behind them were six set of giant tea-cups. The Mad Hatter stared at the ground for a moment but as foot steps caught his attention, he looked up. The others did too. The White Rabbit and the March Hare approached the group.

"You're very late gentlemen but on time as it were", Jervis replied.

"Sorry, we were caught by the police", The March Hare said, nodding his head, "Batman set us free".

"Never mind him. That flying-rodent is no doormouse", Jervis remarked, he turned his head to the grinning psyche patient on his right, "Cheshire Cat, I want to you to go find her", Jervis took something out of his pocket, it was a copy of Erin's ID from the library, "She's very important".

The Cheshire Cat gave a snicker of laughter, nodding and then taking off. Jervis put the copy of Erin's ID into his jacket pocket before putting his hands casually into the pockets of his jacket as well. He thought about Erin for a moment. He couldn't stay away for too long.

If Batman had freed two of his men, then...

Jervis walked up to the two and noticed something attached to their clothing. A small round device. He unhooked it from the March Hare's jacket.

"Drat! He'll surely find us!" Jervis snapped, crushing the device.

The White Rabbit unhooked the small round device from his own jacket and handed it to Jervis. Jervis crushed that one too. He smiled in a Cheshire Cat grin. A mad gleam in his eyes as he stared down at the small broken pieces of technology.

"But not any more", Jervis added.

She had decided to call in sick, despite the fact she'd told Jervis she'd be working at the library. She didn't feel like working at all. Instead, she opted to go strolling in the park. Her eyes had been staring downwards the whole time as she walked. She couldn't forget about last night's dream. Erin barely noticed she was deep in the park's woods. She heard some rustling of some leaves. Erin hadn't even noticed she was being followed either. When she looked up, she saw a very curious thing.

There was a man wearing different shades of clothing, sitting in a tree. He was skinny and was actually perched much like a cat. He was grinning and snickering. His eyes were maddened by insaness from being in Arkham's psyche ward. Of course, Erin had no idea. She also had no idea that this man had found her and had followed her. How he had found her, that of course was a mystery to anyone. It was anyone's guess but at the moment, Erin was far from wanting to guess.

"I must be going mad", Erin muttered to herself.

The man nodded slowly and lept down from the tree, making Erin take about five steps back. The man only sat on the ground, yet again as though he were a cat. Erin just looked at him for a moment and then she finally understood.

"Your the Cheshire Cat", She said in barely a whisper.

The man nodded and slowly stood to his full height. He then backed away laughing insanely before running off. Erin sighed, rather confused.

"Come back!" Erin exclaimed, taking off after him.

She didn't know why she was even following him but for some reason she felt she needed to. She didn't even know if that was a real reason or not but she guessed she just had the impulse to do so.

Batman sat in the Bat-Cave, frowning as he stared up at his computer monitors. The devices he had planted on the White Rabbit and the March Hare had been destroyed. But all had not been for not. He knew the Mad Hatter was located somewhere in Gotham's Amusement Park. Batman stood and headed for the Bat-pod.

Erin had been running for what had seemed hours. She was breathing rather hard. But as she stopped to take a breath, she looked up at the sign that read:

GOTHAM AMUSEMENT PARK

She looked around and knew the man dressed as the Cheshire Cat had disappeared within the park. Catching her breath, she felt a stitch in her side from running. Erin slowly entered the park. It was eerily quiet. Her dark red curls blew in the crisp wind. Small droplets of rain were falling from the sky. But this did not dishearten her. She kept moving forward among the colorful rides, buildings and food tents.

Yet there was no sign of the Cheshire Cat.

"He would disappear on me", Erin thought to herself as she approached the stairs to the tea-cup ride, "Maybe I'll be able to see him from up there".

She climbed the stairs to the tea-cup ride and turned around in a full circle. Looking to her right and then her left. But the place was obviously deserted and he had run off in another direction. Erin sighed and sat down in one of the tea cups. She was rather tired from the long run and her feet were killing her and to top if off, it was now slowly sprinkling rain.

"My dear Erin", a voice spoke up.

Erin looked up to see Jervis walking towards her. He smiled gently, taking a seat beside her in the tea-cup. Erin smiled back at him, blushing slightly.

"What on earth are you doing here in this dreadful weather?" Jervis asked, continuing before she could speak.

"I...I followed man who looked like the Cheshire Cat", Erin told him and then looked away in an embarrassed manner.

Jervis nodded, "Don't be embarrassed", he replied, taking her hands in his, "I believe you".

Erin didn't have time to say anything as she noticed several figures standing nearby. They were all silent and had almost a dazed look on their faces, as though they were dreaming at the same time. Erin turned back to Jervis.

"Jervis I-", Erin went to say.

But at the moment, Jervis had turned his head just as the others seemed to be advancing on a figure approaching them. Jervis just sat there. Erin clutched his arm, looking at him. Jervis turned back to her and gave her a reassuring kiss on the forehead.

"Everything is going to be alright", He murmured.

He stood up as he spoke. Erin just sat there. Wondering what was to happen. A second later she stood up on impulse and gripped Jervis's arm again.

"Off with his head!" Jervis commanded to his team.

A moment later, Batman was surrounded.

End of Chapter Twelve

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 23-03-2010 08:52
RE: Gotham: Wonderland - Posted on 16-03-2010 18:43
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

great chapter Erin, I especially liked the romantic angle in chapter 9
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.