Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan-Fics & Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 19-01-2010 21:33
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Post your takes on your favorite universe, the DC Universe...

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 20-01-2010 10:09
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I don't understand...exactly....XD LOL!!

But I guess my vision is the one I have for my Gotham After Dark Series.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 20-01-2010 13:00
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I don't exactly understand myself...

If you're asking what I would do with my own DC continuity, it's be like this.

Batman and story would be very much like the Nolan movies. Batman himself would be the first superhero chronologically to appear in the universe.

Superman would be like if Clark actually became Superman in Smallville's frist 4 seasons. Then he's be more like the DCAU Superman.

Wonder Woman would be right out of the Justice League cartoon.

Honestly, I've actually been working on a Justice League movie idea in my head. I should probably post that somewhere lol. But it's basically my ideal image on how to cross-pollinate the characters.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 21-01-2010 13:18
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

My Batman would be from B:TAS
My Wonder Woman would be from JLU
My Superman would be from S:TAS
My Aquaman would be from Superman/Aquaman Hour from 60s
My Hawkman would be from Superman/Batman Hour from the 60s
My Hawkgirl would be from JLU

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 21-01-2010 17:44
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

My Green Lantern would either be from JLU or First Flight
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 21-01-2010 17:55
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Yeah, this is basically, what if you were the god of DC Comics, what would it be like?

You guys already know what my Riddler is like after reading about him in the Batman 3 thread...

two personalities (one is Edward Nashton and the other never really is given a name, only by the media; Riddler)

Edward Nashton is normal, but not his true personality, he writes investogative stories focused upon GCPD, the "Bat-Man", etc.

He begins recieving letters in the mail from his other personality and has to publish them in order to live. He doesn't know about his other personality...

In the last letter he threatens the life of Edward Nashton if Batman doesn't give up his identity, which is the greatest riddle of all...

Batman figures out that this "Riddler" has OCD as well as MNU (or something like that, I forget what it's called when you chase yourself...)... He tells Jim Gordon about how Nashton is Riddler, and is later locked up in Arkham...

Btw, he would wear a darker toned TAS suit big grin
There's my Riddler, I hope Geoff does a good one in Earth One...

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 21-01-2010 19:33
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

My Batman continuity Part 1:

- Like Begins, Bruce's parents mugging would be at an opera house instead of movie theater, that way the connection between the symbol of the bat and Bruce's parents will remain.

- Bruce's traveling of the world would involve Cassandra from Gotham Knight, as well as various characters from The Man Who Falls.

- After years of training around the world, Bruce joins a branch of the League of Shadows in the Himalayas, where he studies ninjitsu alongside Kyodai Ken. However, when he learn's the unseen leader Ra's Al Ghul's idea of justice, he single handedly destroys that branch and leaves.

- Bruce returns to Gotham, where he begins to develop his crime-fighting persona. He decides that to strike fear in the hearts of criminals he'll need a symbol. He chooses the symbol of the bat.

- Around this same time, Bruce has a reunion with a woman from his past. Childhood friend and fellow blue-blood Andrea Beaumont. As the two rekindle their friendship, they begin to fall in love. However, Bruce is torn between his duty to Gotham and his love for her, so the relationship is rocky.

- Batman begins his war on crime and police corruption. First, he exposes various corrupt police officers, at the sametime gaining the trust and friendship of honest cop Lt. Gordon. Gordon is soon promoted too Commissioner after Loeb retires from the force to avoid Batman.

- Now with the police on his side, Batman begins to face the Falcone crime family. To do this, he forms an alliance with not only Commissioner Gordon, but with young D.A. Harvey Dent. However, soon Falcone crime family members begin to be killed of one by one. Harvey is seen to be the prime suspect, and is attacked by an assassin hired by Maroni. The Red Hood.

I'll post the rest when I figure it out lol

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 21-01-2010 20:06
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Oooooo...if I was the GOD of the DC Universe.... wink

- Everything would be in my vision, the one I have envisioned for my Gotham After Dark series.

- Definitely a Romance between Me & Oswald Cobblepot.

No duh, right? LOL!

- Heroes: Bruce (Batman); Dick (Nightwing); Tim (Robin); Babs (Oracle); Selina (Catwoman); Commissioner Gordon

- Villains: Joker; Black Mask; Harvey Dent (Two-Face); Jonathan Crane (Scarecrow)

- Special Designed Villains:

~ Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin will be of my own vision. The one I already have in my head for Gotham After Dark.

~ Edward Ngyma/The Riddler will also be of my ow vision, almost a combined version of the Riddler with the bowler hat & suite and what I have envisioned for his personality.

~ Jervis Tetch/ The Mad Hatter, also of my own vision.

BTW, I would totally combine my ideas with that of Red-Blue Blur's because I like his ideas. yes

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 21-01-2010 23:08
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Nice ideas!

Btw, I think the first two villains that my Batman, whom would be a lot like the version from the Nolanverse but a bit more realistic, meaning a little more high tech. My ideal vehicles for him are the copter (a plane black Wayne Enterprises copter), the Carrier (a construction vehicle from WE but it is very portable; you could hide it in the back of your car if you needed to), the Tracker (a vehicle created by Lucius Fox for the military to track down enemies using a scanner of some sort, this would be like the unfinished Batmobile in GK and the Bat-Pod combined), and a Tumbler-type of vehicle that wouldn't really have a name....

ANYWAYS, my first two villains are Riddler as the main and Bane. I would also have the idea of him walking out of the opera house as in Begins, and other than that I guess Raz pretty much said it all Smile Only thing that is different is that my Bruce goes ALL around the world for training, hope, and the true meaning of justice instead of just Ra's Al Ghul's camp...

Here are my versions to lightly describe them...

Joker - Arkham Asylum video game/mixed in with a few of my ideas where you just have a few ideas about his origin; from time to time you see him as a kid in flashbacks he has shown as nightmares. They involve him at nine (age Bruce's parents died) with his father who would have been a widow and a drunk. Later on, Joker would've killed his dad and then come to Gotham. In the end of it all, Joker would be written down as a psychopath who stole laughing gas from dentists in various killings he committed.

Bane - Arkham Asylum vg/The Batman in which he is a bounty hunter for mob officials

Two-Face/Harvey Dent - TDK/Loeb's version; he gets the name "Two-Face" from dating Rachel as he is with Gilda, his wife, and only a few friends know about it such as Jim Gordon who suspects something, Bullock, Bruce, and Alfred.

Man-Bat/Kirk Langstrom - a forty year-old researcher for WE's technology department in which he works with Lucius Fox and the bats which he does all of his work on. The police later force him (through blackmail) to work on the Gotham City manhunt for the "Bat-Man" case. After helping out on the case for a few weeks with the detectives, Kirk's mind slowly twists because of the stress, etc. Soon, he is exposed to some sort of disease and becomes Man-Bat?? I'm not too sure about my idea for him...

Mad Hatter/Jervis Tetch - a thirty year-old living off the streets of Gotham who gets the name "Mad Hatter" from wearing a baseball or trucker hat in his robberies, which have turned into killings...

Black Mask/Roman Sionis - The Batman/a modern day mobster with a skull mask (used in previous mob acts) burnt into his face...

Penguin/Oswald Cobblepot - The Batman/the Joker graphic novel/a modern day head mobster of the Gotham Underworld, similar to Nolan's Sal Maroni...

Harley Quinn - girlfriend of Bruce Wayne after Rachel's tragic death. She is kidnapped by the Joker after he had been spying on her and becoming obsessed over her and her name. She would be a very realistic version, personality of TAS but a very realistic looking costume; as seen in fan-made Batman 3 posters...

Catwoman/Selina Kyle - close friend of Bruce Wayne, Selina becomes his new love interest after the kidnapping of Harley. She brings him to hope and becomes Catwoman to spread hope and her own type of justice as well as make a living. The Batman/fan-made Batman 3 type of costume

Scarecrow/Jonathon Crane - lawyer and new owner of Arkham Asylum (after buying it off the previous owner), he would have the Nolanverse story but an even creepier and more realistic wardrobe from Batman: TNAS.

Ventriloquist/Arnold Wesker and Scarface - Arnold suffered a mental breakdown after getting out of the Maroni crime empire and began to use a puppet to express his true feelings...

Cluemaster/Arthur Brown - a terrorist who gets his motivation from Ra's Al Ghul. He would only occur in the beginning of Batman's career...

Calendar Man/Julian Day - a killer who tells himself he can only commit crimes on a holiday. Jim Gordon gives the case over to Batman at the beginning of his career...

Clayface/Basil Karlo - a banker for Gotham Central Bank, a bank with some mob connections, gets a skin disease from some sort of toxic fumes. As his mind slowly twists, he becomes depressed and causes chaos...

Clock King/? - Batman: TAS

More coming soon, I hope I didn't waste your time by reading this btw Smile

[Alfred Pennyworth]

Edited by The Red-Blue Blur on 22-01-2010 12:17
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 12:49
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Firefly/Garfield Lynns - The Batman personality with a Batman: TNAS suit

Deadshot/Floyd Lawton - Gotham Knight

Deathstroke/Slade Wilson - prophet of Ra's Al Ghul, he goes out to Gotham to stop Bruce Wayne, now Batman, from putting his justice into Gotham...

Ra's Al Ghul - more recent comic book versions

Ubu - more recent comic book versions

Hush/Thomas Elliot - Loeb's Batman: Hush

Gearhead/Nathan Finch - The Batman

Poison Ivy/Pamela Isley - getting herself involved with the mob-- Something like that, I really have NO ideas for her!

Spellbinder - acts like the Nolanverse Scarecrow; he wears a dress suit and the Batman Beyond Spellbinder mask; he injects a toxin into his opponets which causes them to see what isn't there and act out to it...

Zsasz - more recent comic book versions

Ragdoll/Peter Merkel - The Batman; only mine would wear Clark Kent type of glasses and wouldn't really have a suit...

Grundy - The Batman and Loeb's combined...

Killer Croc/Waylon Jones - Gotham Knight

Freeze/Victor Fries - mine is like nothing you've seen before... He works as a new scientist for WE after Kirk Langstrom is put in Arkham. He goes on a busness trip which doesn't go well, the airplane crashes into a deserted island and Nora and him are the only survivors. They live on the island for a week, living off of candy bars, water bottles, bread, and beef jerky... Nora dies before Victor is rescued on a boat. He is furious and begins a rampage of some sort involving Bruce Wayne. In one event, he is caught on fire and very brutally burned, turning his skin pale and being forced to be hooked up to a medical machine to breathe easily (not the Mr. Freeze suit, this would look like Lex's machine in Smallville where he later is blown up). With the computers he learns to use, he begins to release toxins Bruce developed to freeze objects...

Btw, I forgot to say that my Riddler would wear Clark Kent type of glasses most of the time, perhaps they could substitute the mask? All my mob ideas would be just like Nolan's (Maroni and Falcone), my Zucco would be just like Loeb's in Dark Victory, and then Rupert Thorne would be like his cameos in The Batman (search it on Wikipedia for a picture, he looks awesome).

[Alfred Pennyworth]

Edited by The Red-Blue Blur on 22-01-2010 12:57
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 13:38
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@ Red-Blue Blur:-

Oh, wow. Love the ideas. How would you like to co-write with me, some time if I ever come up with any other Batman-Related stories??

We could combine my Gotham After Dark vision with your vision!! yes

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 15:48
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

@Raz- Thats a really good continuity.... one that I would most definately follow

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 16:55
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Red-Blue...Like all ideas but would tweek two of them:

Harley Quinn would be subjected to drugs and torture (like Tim in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker) to turn her into the Harley we know.

Arnold Wesker could become unhinged when he sees his family killed by Maroni's gang
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 20:05
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Thanks everybody. Btw, i had this other idea to make Mad Hatter more "Mad Hatter" like... He buys drugs from somebody in the Maroni crime family, blue and red pills. They make anybody go mad. SO... That is why (at times) he acts insane. Sometimes he would kidnap girls that look like his sister, Alice, who died from cancer at an early age. He would braid their hair, and make them look just like Alice, he would also give them the choice of a red or blue pill....

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 21:09
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

That sounds like a cool idea
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 21:39
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Raz, i didn't tell you but I agree 100% about your Superman. I just think the artist would need to draw him like Tom Welling, and the tone of him would be like the most recent Smallville episodes.

Lex Luthor - Smallville personality/The Batman look/Superman: Birthright origin

Bizarro - on Krypton, Jor-El thought about making a clone of his son just in case if he didn't survive the explosion. Jor mentioned the idea to his system he created, Brainiac and it saved the idea in a file and when the explosion came, it accessed that file, creating a clone of Kal-El and sending it out to earth as well, the city Bizarro grew up in? Gotham City, explaining his darker personality.

Bruno Mannheim - more recent comic book versions

Darkseid - searching for Jor-El's son after he figures out he is the only survivor of the planet which defeated his planet at war, Kal-El. In the near middle of Superman's career, Darkseid goes to earth, asking for Kal-El to come forward to him to be killed so that Darkseid won't destroy earth. Over time, Darkseid notices Superman's sign and connects the symbol to the cypher meaning "El" on Krypton and goes after Superman. Darkseid uses the Phantom Zone after it was abandoned as a prison, leaving stories for Superman to go up against his own father's creation.

Doomsday - Smallville

Eradicator/David Conner - grandfather of Kal-El, Kerm-El escapes the Phantom Zone of Apokolips after Darkseid orders all Kryptonians to be sent there. Kerm escapes when Darkseid comes to earth for Kal-El. When Kerm is on earth, he disguises himself as a human and doesn't come out of the darkness and act like a hero like Kal-El does until he hears rumors of Superman's death. That's when the adventure begins...

Zod - Smallville

Cyborg/Hank Henshaw - more recent comic book versions

Livewire/Leslie Willis - imagine a Smallville interpretation...

Metallo/John Corben - John Corben is a Daily Planet investigative writer, after finding a room in LexCorp Towers used to hold the many remains and back-ups of Brainiac, he trips over a Brainiac droid body, inflaming his arms when he falls upon it. As he looses large amounts of blood, he reaches out for a cord, making another droid body fall onto him, knocking him out. When he wakes up, he's on a stretcher in an abandoned shop. He gets up, rips a towel off a mirror and see's his new body, he is now a cyborg... Metallo!

Mongul - a much more brutal and realistic version from the Timmverse as in Justice League: TAS

Parasite/Rudy Jones - friendly and innocent Rudy Jones of his mid 20's and friend of Clark Kent throughout most of his life in Metropolis is taken over by a Kryptonian parasite which Jor-El created back on Krypton as another weapon against Apokolips and then locked up into the Phantom Zone after the war is over. The parasite is released through a fight between Brainiac and Superman in the Fortress and travels into the hands of Lex Luthor. Lex locks up the parasite and leaves it for his scientists to examine. The glass case breaks after an explosion in the lab next door recreating Brainiac. The parasite travels into Metropolis and is attracted by Rudy who he uses.

Prankster/Oswald Loomis - imagine a very edgy Prankster in the Nolanverse

Manchester Black - imagine a Smallville interpretation

Brainiac/Viril Dox - Smallville

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 22:07
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
Thanks everybody. Btw, i had this other idea to make Mad Hatter more "Mad Hatter" like... He buys drugs from somebody in the Maroni crime family, blue and red pills. They make anybody go mad. SO... That is why (at times) he acts insane. Sometimes he would kidnap girls that look like his sister, Alice, who died from cancer at an early age. He would braid their hair, and make them look just like Alice, he would also give them the choice of a red or blue pill....

I think you're confusing the Matrix with Alice in Wonderland. lol

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 22-01-2010 22:27
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Hahahaha, yeah, i guess so :D

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 24-01-2010 14:18
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

*sigh just deleted the post i put up by accident...

Here's something like it...

for my ideal JLA; calling themselves "League."

Superman - Smallville

Batman (a background guy, always kicking in at the last second, maybe he would've brought them together in my idea??) - Nolanverse

Flash (Bart Allen) - Smallville

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - personality of The Batman/suit of First Flight

Diana Prince (only goes by Diana, wouldn't wear that suit since it's pretty dumb for a woman with high self esteem to wear of all people, plus it's the US flag, I don't see how they would know about the US??, she would wear casual clothes, live in Metropolis, wear black clothes in a mission, and her origin is very vague, she doesn't even know who she really is, everything before Metropolis is a blur to her) - personality of Justice League: TAS

Manhunter - The Batman/New Frontier for personalities and ideal face and the suit of the new Crisis DTV

Green Arrow - Smallville

Canary (behind the scenes character who is only known as a meta human for an excuse of how she got her abilities, she is a very close friend of Oliver) - she would wear all black; skater jeans, boots, hoodie (uses the hood for a disguise), and casual t-shirt

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Take on the DCU - Posted on 24-01-2010 20:17
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

a smallville fan no doubt. lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.