Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan-Fics & Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Gotham After Dark: Gotham Rising - Posted on 01-02-2010 14:22
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter One : Intro

- -

Dick Grayson's POV

Bruce left three weeks ago to help out the Justice League. I was left in charge of Gotham. I knew it wasn't going to be an easy task. Jim Gordon, Alfred, Barbara, Tim, they were the only ones who knew how hard the job really is. I didn't exactly expect this job to be a walk in the park. But Gotham's silence had lasted a long time, despite this city being full of crime.

But the silence in Gotham was at long last broken.

I wish I wasn't here. I wish this hadn't happened. I wish I could have done something. But I was exactly five minutes too late. Why didn't I hurry? Maybe if I had hurried...he'd still be alive. Despite the fact that Oswald Cobblepot was a criminal hiding behind a legit business, I knew what would happen when the day came when something like this happened.

I stood by Jim, over looking the scene. The police have in custody two ordinary drug dealing street thugs looking for an easy buck. The two idiots were high and had decided to rob the Lounge. One of them shot Oswald five times. Nobody else was injured. And she wasn't here. I was actually glade that she wasn't here. What if she had gotten shot? Would it have been worse? Probably.

"I can't believe he was shot", I say in a low tone

"Someone's going to have to stay behind when Erin gets here", Jim replied, "I guess I will".

Erin Knightly. The Penguin's only friend, sidekick and lover. I ran my fingers through my hair, shutting my eyes. I took in a deep breath. I certainly didn't want to be the one to give her the news. I didn't want her to see this. She was a delicate human being. Erin was probably the most understanding, sympathetic, caring, and kind person in Gotham City. And she only love one person above everyone.

And he was dead.

Harvey Bullock came in a second later to tell Jim that Erin had just arrived. I snuck out before anyone could hold me back. I didn't leave, really. I went to the roof. Watching from the high, tinted windows that over looked the main floor of the Lounge. I saw the familiar dark red haired figure walk into the building, slowly stopping, wondering what was going on.

And then I saw the worst of it.

Bruce wouldn't have been able to watch this and I felt the same way but I couldn't look away as Erin fell to her knees, sobbing hysterically. I held myself back about going in and trying to talk to her. I knew doing that would make things worse. I watched as Gordon tried to talk to her, trying to reason with her. But she was yelling now and crying harder still. I watched the figure of Selina Kyle slip into the knot of people and go to Erin's side.

Nobody deserved something like this. Especially her. I took another deep breath and decided to let Gordon handle this. I knew I'd need to talk to Erin sooner or later. But this was not the time to do so. I found myself sitting a top a nearby roof top. Just listening to the sirens, the traffic, and the wind blowing past me. The image of Erin's face playing over and over again. I knew, I had suspected a day like this would happen. And we weren't ready for it.

And I don't think any of us are ready for what is to come in the long run. I had that same feeling in the pit of my stomach. And I just knew, perhaps for good or for bad, it might just work out.

I hope.

- -

End Chapter & POV

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 14-10-2010 10:34
RE: Batgirl: The Awakening - Posted on 01-02-2010 15:29
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Awesome! Cant wait to read the next chapter Erin

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Batgirl: The Awakening - Posted on 01-02-2010 22:03
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Excellent as always my dear
RE: Batgirl: The Awakening - Posted on 02-02-2010 15:06
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Two

"Erin! Come back!" Selina yelled.

Selina pushed past the crowd to go after Erin. Erin was too fast though. But Erin didn't stop running. She couldn't stop. Tears stained her face as she peeled down the sidewalk. Her footsteps echoing off the concrete of the pavement. The cold air filling her lungs, making it hard for her to breath. She didn't want to breath. She didn't want to live. She didn't want to feel anything. The pain, the agony of it all, it all hurt. Every cell in her body was screaming. The first fire escape she came to, she climbed up the ladder and didn't stop.

Edward Nygma was sitting in the back of a cab. He turned his head and noticed the familiar red head climbing the near by fire escape.

"Stop the car!" Edward exclaimed, hitting the back of the seat.

The cab driver jumped a little but stopped. The driver had no time to say anything as Edward jumped out. He had heard over the radio from the police that something had gone down at the Iceberg Lounge but no other information had been given out. Selina Kyle came down the side walk a moment later.

"What are you doing?! Stop her!" Selina yelled, waving her arm.

"What is going on?" Edward asked.

"Oswald was shot. Now stop her before she does something stupid", Selina snapped.

Edward said nothing as he hurriedly climbed up the fire escape, following Erin. Edward looked over his shoulder to see Selina gone. He sighed heavily and went to the roof of the building. Erin was standing near the edge but she didn't look sucicidal, jumping off a roof was not her angle. Edward approached her calmly.

"Are you okay?" Edward asked, touching her shoulder.

"How do you think I am?" Erin asked back, looking at him.

Her face was tear stained, a brigh red, eyes completely, if not, almost pink. Her eyes were a brighter blue than usual.

"Not okay. You've never answered a question with a question", Edward stated, handing her a tissue from his pants pocket.

Erin took it and just held it in her hands, "Why is it...that I keep loosing everyone I care about. But you're the only person who can't get hurt?"

Edward just looked at her, "I don't know. That riddle is a tough one".

Erin took in a sharp breath, laughing slightly.

"Stop making me feel better. I'm supposed to feel awful", She exclaimed.

She used the tissue in her hands to wipe her eyes. She didn't think she could cry anymore but she could feel the tears coming, almost like a faucet turning on and off.

"You have the right to mourn the lose of those you've lost. But because I'm your friend, I have the right to help you", Edward told her.

"Thank you", Erin muttered, she slowly turned to him, "Edward...", her voice was barely a whisper now, "Edward...he was shot. Oswald is dead. He's...he's gone".

"I heard on the radio...about something that happened at the Lounge. I was on my way there to see if you were okay", Edward replied, "Selina caught me a minute ago, she told me about Oswald".

"Selina and I went to the movies. If I hadn't gone...Ozzy would still be alive. I would never let anything happen to him", Erin cried, grasping the front of Edward's jacket, "You know I would never..."..

Edward chewed his bottom lip before taking her in his arms, hugging her as she sobbed into his chest.

"I know", He said quietly after a second or so.

RE: Batgirl: The Awakening - Posted on 02-02-2010 15:52
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Wonderful chapter dear
RE: Riddled Fragments - Posted on 02-02-2010 19:09
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Three : Two Weeks Later

"This is just cutting too close to the chest. Six people were shot just because the Ground Hog didn't see it's shadow", Gordon replied.

"It's six weeks of winter either way. It doesn't matter if it did or didn't", Rameriaze pointed out.

"I don't want a repeat of murders. After what happened at the Lounge...I want everyone in Gotham aware that we have a killer on the loose", Gordon exclaimed, turning to Detective Allen and Bullock.

The two men nodded, agreeing. Gotham didn't need anymore blood shed than it had already seen.

- -

Tim found Dick in front of the computers down in the Bat Cave. Dick was leaning back, almost in a Bruce-type manner.

"Holiday is on the loose", Dick replied aloud, hearing Tim's footsteps, "Babs sent me a message just this morning".

"I thought he was in Arkham?" Tim asked.

"He's been in Arkham for years", Dick explained, "He's been missing for two or three weeks now. Six people have died since then".

"Wow", Tim muttered, taking a seat next to him, "I was too busy thinking about Erin...I feel bad".

"Me too but we can't let that get in the way of this. We have to find Holiday before someone else gets hurt", Dick commented.

Tim just nodded as Dick started pulling up old police reports from the files that Barbara had sent using her resources as Oracle.

- -

Selina Kyle walked into Holly Robinson's apartment. The other woman looked a little uncomfortable. Possibly because Holly had only met Erin once but Selina had asked for a favor, so it wasn't too bad.

"How is she?" Selina asked.

"She won't talk or eat or anything. I mean, she's gotten up to use the bathroom and get glasses of water but she...I don't know, she just kinda lays there and stares at the wall", Holly said.

Holly indicated the room Erin had been using the past week or so. Selina went in to find the third female laying on the bed with her back towards the door way.

"Go away", Erin muttered.

"Erin, I wanted to know - ", Selina went to say.

Erin sat up after a second or so. Her hair was un-brushed, her cheeks a bright pink and newly stained with tears.

"Just please leave me alone", Erin remarked.

"Look, it's been two weeks", Selina told her, "I know it's hard but you have to realize that you have life too".

Erin got up. She was wearing nothing but a white collard shirt, underwear and white ankle socks.

"I'm sorry if the man I loved got killed. I'm sorry for interrupting your life. I'm sorry for mourning his death. You may have not liked him but I loved Oswald. And it's going to take longer than two weeks to get over this", Erin cried, "I didn't ask for your help. I didn't ask for any of this".

Stalking towards the bathroom, going in and shutting the door, Erin locked the door behind her. She then slid down the wall and sat on the floor. Pulling her legs to her chest and just wrapping her arms around them. She pressed her face against her legs. Death was something she knew she'd never handle well. And of all people to die, the person she had so very much loved had to be the person to be taken from her.

Why?

Erin had spent the better part of three days trying not to think about it at all. But of course three days out of two weeks wasn't really a lot.

It was just really hard.

About an hour later, Erin retreated from the bathroom, seeing that Holly and Selina were gone. Erin got dressed and packed her stuff. She didn't want pity and she wasn't looking for pity or sympathy or anything. She just needed to be with someone who would let her grieve and have her space.

There had been a soft tap on his door. Edward Ngyma went to his apartment door, unlocking the latch. He pulled the door open and was rather taken aback to see her on his door step. He thought she'd been living with Selina's friend, Holly.

"Hi", Erin muttered, looking down at her feet after a second or so.

- -

End Chapter Three

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 03-02-2010 12:35
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Well done as usual
RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 03-02-2010 13:44
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The next five chapters are going to be the hardest. And that's all I am saying.

Other than that, if this was a TV show and it took this long for Edward and Erin to get together...I'd be banging my head against a wall.

lol.

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 03-02-2010 19:04
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

That's the whole thing about movies and books; What takes maybe 10-12 pages of reading from a book might just be 2-3 minutes on film because when writing you have to describe all the action
RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 03-02-2010 21:20
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Change of plans. UGH....Riddler is going to hate me....He's gonna have to wait until the sequel for the whole thing between him & Erin. Which is good for two reasons:

1. I wanted to safe resolved conflicts for later.

2. I wanted to keep Erin in her emotional mood for the entire story. Plus, adds to the fact that she can't control what happened and what is about to HAPPEN LATER...

Plus it gives me more to work with, you know. I love it.

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 05-02-2010 12:19
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Hey, think of it this way the more you write the more your fans will love you
RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 05-02-2010 12:51
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

That's true. I'll keep that in mind.

Anyway, I have goals this weekend to update all my Batman Stories. We'll see how that goes. My mind isn't focusing on any one thing at the moment.

Thank you Riddler for the distraction....XD lol.

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 06-02-2010 10:51
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Awesome 3rd chapter Erin!

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 28-02-2010 20:17
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Four

It was awkward. The silence and the tension and the way that time just seemed to linger in a slow fashion, it was all so very discomforting. Edward's hands were fidgeting so badly, he had picked up his rubex cube and was playing with it. Erin was sitting on the couch, hands folded in her lap, looking down at her feet. Edward, every once and a while, looked up from what he was doing and looked at her. He'd open his mouth to say something but then closed it again.

Whatever he wanted to say, every sentence began with 'Erin, I'm sorry'.

Edward had known her so much better than anyone. He couldn't say it aloud and he didn't feel it was worth saying, even to himself, but he had known her even better than even Oswald had. He knew it was a selfish thought but it was true. And deep down Edward had known, in the long run, he'd always be there for Erin, even when everyone else either died or turned their backs away, he'd still be there no matter what.

Despite the fact he'd always wanted what she wanted because he'd always wanted to her to be happy, he'd never stopped giving up the hope that one day she'd finally realize that they were truly meant for each other. Edward had known that Oswald had made Erin contently happy and Oswald had loved her just as much but Edward hadn't wanted Erin to get in so deep that she'd be an accessory of sorts.

However, Edward had hated Oswald in his own right. He had warned him about dragging Erin into every little situation just because he couldn't cover his own butt. Oswald had discovered Edward's jealously and Edward had known that Oswald had just been doing it to irritate him. Of course, Erin had never minded protecting Oswald. She'd take a bullet for him in a heart beat. She had gotten plenty hurt and most of the time, luckily, the wounds were small and they faded.

As Edward was looking at the red head now, watching for any signs of her falling apart, he still felt like saying something. She hadn't done so well at the funeral, having locked herself inside the limo and wouldn't let anyone except for him to come see her. Edward took a deep sigh and set down his rubex-cub on the table next to his chair. As he stood up, Erin seemed to get to her feet as well. Edward looked at her, trying to figure out what to say and to say it quickly.

However, Erin spoke first and her voice was quiet,

"Can we go for a walk?" She asked.

"Oh..I..um...oh, of course", Edward replied, nodding his head.

Inside, Edward wished he hadn't sounded so stupid. But for the first time in days and what felt like forever, Erin's smile slowly returned to her face. It was a small smile but it was better than the look of depression that had seemed to seep into her mood. Her light blue eyes had seemed so sad and far away. Edward noticed her smiling at him, as though she was trying not to laugh.

"I thought I'd never see that look on your face again", He stated softly.

"Me either", Erin said.

She seemed almost nervous by doing it and seemed to look away. Edward put a hand on her shoulder and gestured towards the door. If she wanted to take a walk, that was fine by him. He would do anything she wanted to do. She needed someone to talk to and just make sure she was okay. Erin seemed to sense his intent to make her feel better and she felt she had made a good decision if there was ever one to be made.

The two took a walk among the teaming masses of Gotham's citizens. Erin had looped her arm around Edward's in a effort to keep herself in an upright position. She hadn't had any real use of her legs as she been immobile lately, she had just wanted to sit or lay down. Among the population of thousands, nobody noticed a figure up on the roof tops moving across them carrying weaponry on his person, a sniper's rifle in his hands.

Deadshot had been caught a long time ago by Batman but he had escaped and was now on a mission that he'd recently been hired for.

And he wanted to fulfill this contract. Definitely.

End of Chapter Four

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 01-03-2010 12:39
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The plot thickens...Once again Erin, Great chapter
RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 12-03-2010 00:13
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Five

Edward Nygma felt as though he and Erin were being followed. Although there were dozen upon dozens of citizens around them, he had a feeling of uncertain, unwanted attention they were gaining. It might have been because he had dreamed about Erin getting hurt or killed or something along those lines. He'd awoken drenched in sweat almost every night since Oswald's death. But knowing she was alive, walking beside him, it made him feel better but he still felt a little uneasy, however.

The two continued to stroll up the sidewalk before entering a Barns & Nobble coffee shop that was located at the front of the book store. Edward felt even more uneasy as they sat at a table in front of the glass window. He could see over Erin's shoulder. All those buildings with their dark shades of glass. Who knew what was lurking behind them. Though, he had to stop that kind of thinking. He was here, now, with the one person he had always wanted to be with. Sure he could have found someone else, heck, he could have moved on but Erin had always been the one to play over and over again in his mind. She was the best riddle he could have ever hoped to imagine.

Erin was staring down at the top of the table. Edward was about to turn the conversation over to something less of a sensitive subject. He took off his purple shaded sunglasses, examining them for smudges. He then noticed that a bright red dot was moving across, above and near them. Edward looked around for a moment, trying to see if some sort of light from outside was casting a shadow. Erin looked up to see him glancing over her shoulder.

"What's with you?" She asked.

"It's just...I think there's..", Edward trailed off.

Erin raised an eyebrow in a curious manner at him. Edward placed his sunglasses back on his face. He finally realized no light was casting anything of the sort into the coffee shop of the book store. And that red dot was now pointing towards the back of Erin's head.

"Erin, do you trust me? Honestly and fully?" Edward asked.

"Edward, you know I do. You wouldn't be my friend if I didn't", Erin exclaimed.

Edward kept his gaze on the little red dot and Erin. She looked worried because he was acting weird but he didn't want her to turn around. Erin reached out across the table and took his hand, squeezing his hand gently. He looked at her and she was smiling at him, possibly trying to figure out what was wrong. His eyes fell to the clock on the nearest wall, just behind the counter near the front. He counted the seconds. Edward then turned back to her.

"I just wanted you to know that everything will be okay. And that I will not let anything happen to you. Oswald would have died in vain if anything were to happen to you", Edward replied.

The clock's ticker passed the six and Edward swiftly moved across the table in one fluid motion, wrapping his arms around Erin, taking them both to the floor. At the same moment, the glass behind them broke. Erin screamed loudly as did passer's-by and others who were in the coffee shop. Edward held Erin close to him as everyone around them became distressed and panicked. His fingers gently and comfortingly caressed her hair in a slow, fluid motion. Erin just let her fingers cling to the front of his jacket as she lay there, wondering what had just happened.

Deadshot swore under his breath as everyone on the street below had pulled out their cells and were now contacting the police. Deadshot had left the minute Gordon's unit got there. Erin and Edward were the only witnesses left by the time Gordon himself reached the scene. Edward gave a vague description of the red dot that could have been possibly a sniper's beacon. Edward looked over his shoulder at Erin, who was standing nearby, arms folded and her eyes looking towards the ground. He knew that look in her eye.

She was thinking.

Having not been able to do much, Erin waited until the next day to move forward. She gave Edward her word she'd be careful and told him not to follow her, if he could help it. She had gone back into planning mode, her method of thinking whenever she'd been with Oswald. The only devices she carried with her was her cell phone, which she kept off for good reason and her emergency umbrella. She wore her tux-outfit to keep her plan as business-like as possible.

She waited until evening to keep her plan more low-key. She entered a rather contemporary yet suave yet modern night club. It was owned by one of the mobs. Possibly why half the men in the place looked as though they had just came from a business meeting. Erin looked around the place and kept herself moving. She walked up a set of stairs and went to the second level where there was another bar and everything else, just like the floor below. She walked past a group of investors until she came to a back, corner table.

A small smile appeared on Sal Maroni's face as she walked over. Maroni waved a hand telling the woman next to him to leave as well as the other few people sitting around him. As the group walked past Erin, some of the women gave Erin a rather hateful glare. Erin just ignored them and sat down opposite Maroni. She hid the umbrella under her seat.

"Can I get you a drink Ms. Knightly?" Maroni asked.

"A rum and coke and maybe you can answer some questions for me?" Erin asked in return.

Maroni waved his hand and a waiter came over. When the waiter walked back to the bar, Maroni turned back to Erin, ready to do business.

"How's your cholesterol?" Erin asked, changing the subject.

"I thought you wanted some information but if you should know, I might need another doctor's note. I got golf this Friday and tee off is at 1 in the afternoon", Maroni exclaimed.

Erin took out a piece of paper and a pen and neatly scribbled down something on it before passing it across the table to him. Maroni pocketed her alleged note.

"What's the favor?" Maroni asked.

"Yesterday around 1: 30 in the afternoon I was almost shot. My friend saw a red dot near the back of my head and if wasn't for him, I'd have had my brains blown out. You couldn't possibly know anyone who would hire a gunman to kill me would you? I mean, you are the head of the Falcone crime family or so I heard you were left in charge", Erin exclaimed.

Maroni sat back, hands folded on top of each other. He nodded his head, correcting every statement she made. Except the one.

"I don't believe any of my men have hired anyone to kill or shoot you. And if they have, then I'll make sure they're taken care of. I mean, nobody knows that you're working for me and I don't exactly go spreading that information around", Maroni stated.

"But you or someone you know has a list of names. Anyone they could just call up for anything, at any time. There must be a list", Erin remarked gently.

The waiter came back and set Erin's drink down, as well as another martini for Maroni. When the waiter walked away again, Maroni sat up a little.

"If I give you that list. I want your protection. I know you're good at what you do. I mean, despite the fact that your former is deceased, you did keep him alive", Maroni said.

"I didn't keep him alive Sal. He kept me alive. Oswald was always good at what he did. He just couldn't fly away when he needed to", Erin muttered quietly.

She picked up her drink and downed it in three quick sips. Maroni finished his martini about five minutes later. The two got up and left out the back exit. Erin kept her umbrella in one hand as she led Maroni back to his car. She opened up the door for him and then slid into the drivers seat once Maroni was in the car.

"Thanks for the doctor's note", Maroni replied once the car was in motion.

"What your wife doesn't know won't hurt her, right?" Erin asked, keeping her eyes on the road as she pulled out into traffic.

Maroni laughed, "Her and my doctor", he paused, "So, mind if I ask you something?"

"Go ahead", Erin answered, nodding.

"What kind of woman like yourself goes after some guy like Oswald Cobblepot? I mean, your beautiful, your smart, you could have had any guy in Gotham", Maroni pointed out.

"If your referring to Bruce Wayne, I'd rather set myself on fire", Erin replied.

"I was actually referring to your associate, Edward Nygma", Maroni remarked, "And I wouldn't let you date someone like Wayne anyway, I know your type".

Erin laughed, "You know my type? Please", she paused, "Besides, there's nothing between me and Edward. He's the Riddler. And I'm...I'm just me. And we're just friends".

"I could always tell my buddies down at the gulf course you're my secretary. Maybe they think I'm dating you", Maroni joked.

"Mr. Maroni if you want to hit on me, please do it in a more subtle fashion", Erin remarked.

"Fine, next time I buy you a drink I'll have you write your number on a cocktail napkin", Maroni answered.

Erin laughed, shaking her head. She went to stop at the Stop Sign up ahead and she stepped on the break, the car barely slowed down. Erin stepped on it again but nothing happened.

"What's wrong?" Maroni asked.

"Have you been having trouble with your breaks?" Erin asked back.

"No, why?" Came his next question.

Erin turned the steering wheel in her hands, making the car swerve away from the traffic and making the car go into a different lane. Cars tooted their horns as Erin kept the car in motion. She swerved off to the side and nearly toppled some garbage cans.

"I think someone's cut your break wires", Erin answered finally.

She swerved the car towards the left and then back towards the right and then the middle again.

"What do you suppose we do?" Maroni asked.

"We're going to have to jump from the car", Erin replied, tossing her umbrella into the back seat.

"I'm not going to jump from a moving car", Maroni protested.

At this point Erin had quickly unbuckled her seat belt and was quickly crawling over the seat, climbing into the back seat just as the car reared away from it's path, causing other cars to start swerving out of the way. Erin looked at the crime boss and threw open the car door. In one swift motion, Erin opened up her umbrella. She wrapped her other arm around Maroni and pushed him and herself from the car.

However, the umbrella capsized it's self and Erin was sent rolling while Maroni had been thrown into a pile of garbage bags sitting on the curb. The car rolled it's self into a wall and was on fire in minute, exploding into smoke. Maroni sat up, in shock. A police car came down the street just as a crowd of on-lookers became quite curious to the accident.

"Get Commissioner Gordon down here and we're going to need an ambulance", Officer Tiegan replied into his speaker.

Erin opened her eyes ever so slowly as a helicopter above shined a bright light downwards, positioning it towards the ground. It had felt like hours, maybe longer. The sounds of sirens and voices. She could hear someone's voice calling out to her.

"You have to let me through! You don't understand!" Edward Nygma's voice yelled from about 500 feet.

Edward had seen the report about the accident from the channel 6 news, which seemed to have gotten wind of it a good thirty minutes after it happened. Erin lay motionless, face pressed against the pavement. She could hear Edward's voice, other familiar voices too. Someone touched her shoulder ever so gently. Erin looked up to see Jim Gordon kneeling beside her.

"Someone knew I was going to ask Maroni for help", She muttered, "The breaks in his car were cut".

Gordon nodded, "You don't know the half of it, Ms. Knightly", he paused, smiling gently, "Now let's get you to Gotham's General Hospital".

End of Chapter Five

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 13-03-2010 15:53
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Excellent chapter my dear
RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 06-07-2010 00:17
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Six

The only sounds of her hospital room were the sounds of the machines she was hooked up to. One showing life signs and one showing her heart rate. Her left arm was bandaged from her wrist to her elbow. Her right hand had been bandaged as well. There were scratches and bruises all up her legs. There were also small scratches bruises on her neck and shoulders. The rest of her was fine and had gone unscathed. Her body hurt, mostly from the pain of having jumped from a moving car. The scratches and bruises would fade over weeks of healing.

Erin lay on her back, heavily sedated with pain killers and sleep sedatives to help her get through the night and the next two days. The hospital's doctors had gotten permission from Gordon to keep Erin over two days maybe even weeks if that. Her only visitor had been Edward. He was the only person she would allow to see her. She asked for no one else. Although, due to hospital regulations, visiting hours ended around seven. Leaving Erin to deal with her pain and grieving to her own devices.

The hospital door slid open fifteen minutes after elven. The room was dark except for the light that the moon gave off from the night sky outside. A short figure slid the door closed and drew the shades back across the door so no one could see in. He looked at Erin for a moment, regarding her with a mixture of emotions. He walked to her side, drawing a sigh of relief as he stood beside her hospital bed. He went to reach out to stroke her cheek, believing her to be asleep.

However a hand reached out and grabbed his wrist. Erin's eyes pushed themselves open. She blinked slightly for a minute, allowing her eyes to flutter open properly before turning her head to look at him. Her eyes adjusted themselves as she slowly sat up. An overwhelming mixture of shock, surprise and anger consumed her as she looked at him. He wanted to start explaining. Start telling her everything. But he couldn't get himself to even speak.

She let go of him and he backed away from her as she unhooked herself from the machines. She gave small gasps of pain but she got to her feet nonetheless. She was only a head taller than him. He wasn't intimidated by her, no. But he understood as to how furious she was with him. At the moment, she was showing how upset she truly was. Erin moved quickly and pinned him to the floor. His monocle, umbrella and top hat went tumbling off to the side. She held him down, sitting on top of him. Her eyes boring into his.

Despite the pain sedatives, Erin knew she wasn't asleep. Her dark red curls hung loosely in face. Her anger and fury just seemed to dissolve as she took a minute to calm down. Her eyes were still full of hurt and confusion but the fact that...that she had him back. She didn't know what emotion to express. She gave a pained sigh from moving her body as she lent down, pressing her face close to his.

"Ozzy", Erin murmured before pressing her lips to his.

Out in the hallway, Black Canary and Huntress stood just outside the door, trying to peek through the blinds, watching a rather touching, yet disgusting display of affection take place. Both women turned away from the sight, both making faces of disapproval.

"Think this was a good idea?" Huntress asked, speaking into her ear piece.

"We need her. Look if someone is trying to off Erin, then we need to protect her and in order for her to trust us...we need to give her the thing she loves the most in this whole world", Barbra Gordon replied, from the other line.

"The Penguin?" Black Canary asked, skeptically from over Huntress's shoulder, eyebrow raised, "What does she see in him anyway?"

"I don't have time to get into specifics as to why someone like Erin Knightly is attracted to someone like Oswald Cobblepot", Barbra told her, "Just remember, not a word to Erin about what's going on".

"Right", Black Canary and Huntress replied in unison.

The two female heroes looked at each other after hanging up with Barbara. It wasn't that they didn't trust Erin. No. It was that they didn't trust Penguin. But the two lovebirds were a packaged deal.

No matter the situation.

End Chapter Six

TO BE CONTINUED....

RE: Gotham : Rising - Posted on 04-08-2010 00:02
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Author's Note: So not to wast space with my pesky writing, decided to put the next part this up here.

- -
Gotham Rising Part Two:

Chapter One

The next morning came to her like a hang over that was yet to be finished. The sun was clear through the shades in front of the window. When Erin Knightly awoke, she felt groggy and pain seared through her body like someone had hit her with a 2x4. She opened her eyes a bit and she found herself back in her hospital bed, hooked back up to the machines. She blinked slowly. Someone reached out to wipe away a strand of her hair from her face. She caught the persons wrist. Turning her head, her eyes met a pair of dark brown ones.

Edward.

Erin groaned as Edward gave her his best 'good morning' smile. He wasn't too happy about being called in the middle of the night to learn Erin had been found laying on the floor, fast asleep. But he had come quickly to see if she was alright and he was glad she was. Erin released his wrist, dropping her hand back to her side.

"Care to tell me what happened?" He asked.

"I saw him, Eddie. He was here last night", Erin quietly said, despite the fact, she had wanted to keep that little secret to herself.

"Erin, Oswald is-", Edward went to tell her.

"No. He isn't. He was here, last night", Erin exclaimed.

Edward sighed and took off his bowler hat. Placing it on the side table. He removed his gloves from his hands, placing them on top of the side table also. He gently set himself on the edge of her hospital bed. Looking at her as he took her hand in his.

"I'm not crazy", Erin added in a soft, firm tone.

"I never said you were", He stated, he gave her a small smile, quietly adding, "But Erin, if you start saying you saw someone who is supposedly dead, the doctors are going to think so. You've been through a lot and after the car accident that could have killed you and Maroni, your still in shock".

Erin sat up, looking at him, "But I did seem him. Ozzy isn't dead. He was here in my hospital room", her eyes seemed to soften with each word as she spoke.

Edward wanted desperately to believe her but after all that man had put her through...he didn't want him to be alive. He wanted him gone. Erin didn't need that anymore. As much as he had respect for the Penguin, he had more respect for the woman sitting in front of him. Edward reached out and put a hand on her cheek.

"It's going to be okay", He told her.

He knew she'd see through that little bit of a lie. You told a child it was going to be okay. You didn't tell a woman who lost the man she loved that was going to be okay...it just didn't work that well. Erin just looked at him as a nurse and doctor came into the room.

"Ms. Knightly, we're going to have to release you today", the doctor informed her, "I know we got permission to keep you yesterday, today and probably even tomorrow but your blood work and tests came back positive. You'll just have to be on bed rest for two weeks".

The nurse handed the doctor a clip board and the doctor looked it over.

"Do you have anyone to look after you?" the doctor asked.

Edward found his chance and he smiled a rather happy smile as he stood up to take it. This was his moment to shine. He raised an index finger in the air, catching the doctor's attention. It was time to prove to his beloved Ms. Knightly what he was capable of doing.

"Right here, sir", Edward said, "Edward Nygma. Ms. Knightly's best friend and I'm also on her emergency contact list", he added pointing to the piece of paper on the clipboard.

"I see. Well, then. Everything seems to be in order", the doctor exclaimed, "Ms. Knightly, when your ready, you and Mr. Nygma may come to the front desk and sign out", the doctor explained.

After the doctor and nurse left, Edward walked back over to Erin and sat down again.

"Alright, let's go", Erin finally replied.

"Now?" Edward asked, raising both eyebrows.

"I'm not going to sit in this hospital bed. I was shot at and almost killed in a car accident. Sitting here isn't going to help me", Erin told him.

Edward nodded and stood up. He went out and called one of the nurses. Erin was soon unhooked from the monitors. She disappeared into the bathroom and dressed back into her clothes. She could just barely walk because of the pain that seethed through her body and how delicate her limbs really were. Edward slipped his arm around her and helped out to the front desk. After signing out, the two went out into the parking lot and Edward helped her into his car.

Once behind the driver's seat, Edward glanced over his purple tinted sunglasses at her, starting the car.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight, you know", He said, in a some-what serious tone.

"All I want is my lap-top. It's in Ozzy's office at the Lounge", Erin commented, staring out the window.

"We can retrieve your lap top after you've rested. Two weeks. And then you can do whatever it is you have to", Edward told her.

Erin folded her arms and leaned back against the seat. Edward pulled out of the hospital parking lot and down the road, taking a left to stay out of traffic lanes. He looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

'Can't she see I'm only trying to protect her' He thought to himself.

- -
End Chapter One

RE: Gotham After Dark: Gotham Rising - Posted on 29-11-2010 22:46
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Chapter Two:

Erin was lucky that Edward slept with the TV on, as her friend had fallen asleep in front of the TV in the living room. She gritted her teeth as she held her arm against her abdomen. She wasn't going to lay around. She quietly and stealthily left the apartment, grabbing his car keys on the way out. The Riddled-genius wasn't exactly the greatest watchmen and only coughed in his sleep as the apartment door shut. It took twenty minutes to get to the car and another twenty minutes just to pull out of the parking spot.

Getting to the Iceberg Lounge was more slow going than she had anticipated. The redhead knew he had to be there and if he wasn't, she still needed access to her lap top anyway. The building was dark and blank as though a funeral was being held. The Lounge's workers were probably unsure as to what to do, so they had probably kept it locked up for the time being. That was fine with Erin. She picked the lock of the front door and went inside. Her heart raced wildly as she walked through the main area of the Lounge and then headed straight towards the back and up a flight of stairs to the next floor.

It felt like hours had passed as she reached the third floor, which looked more like an office building now. She walked to the very last door and picked the lock to Oswald's office. Closing the door behind her, she walked to the other side of the room and found her lap-top case. Erin froze when she heard footsteps. She looked up to see Zatanna.

"You should be in bed", Zatanna replied calmly.

"I needed my laptop", Erin told her flatly.

"Forget your laptop. Forget trying to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together. And remember you were just in a car accident", The magician exclaimed, walking over to her and placing her hands on the younger woman's shoulders, "Go back to Riddler. He'll take care of you".

"Ozzy's not dead. I saw him last night in my hospital room and I was hoping he'd be here", Erin muttered.

Zatanna raised an eyebrow, "Erin, he was shot".

"I'm not crazy! I saw him", Erin exclaimed, drawing away from the older woman, "He's not dead".

"Erin, I know how much you loved Penguin. And I know how much he loved you but you have to move on or otherwise you're going to get hurt. With him gone, your an open target", Zatanna told her.

Erin shouldered her laptop's case and shook her head as she backed away, "Your wrong. Ozzy's not dead. He'll find me again. You just watch".

As she spoke, the door was kicked open and a figure walked in wearing casual suite and tie. He was holding a gun and eyed both females over the rim of his glasses.

It was Holiday.

Zatanna froze, as did Erin. Holiday raised his gun but he pointed it at Zatanna.

"Move and I'll shoot you", Holiday muttered.

"I don't know what you want but please, please don't hurt the girl", Zatanna begged, nodding to Erin.

Holiday laughed, "The boss wants her alive. Knew she'd come here eventually".

Zatanna's eyes widened but she didn't dare do anything. Holiday motioned for Erin to leave the room. Erin did as he said and he followed behind her a second later. Zatanna stood motionless, fear running through her mind as she stood in the empty office.

"I failed", Zatanna thought to herself.

When Holiday and Erin reached the side walk outside, they turned down a dark alley where a figure approached, carrying a scythe in one hand. The figure looked up from the ground and then removed his mask in one swift motion.

Jonathan Crane smirked knowingly, "Well, Ms. Knightly, always a pleasure to see you", he said in a too soft, quiet voice and then turned to Holiday, "Good work", he gave a nod of his head.

Erin looked at Jonathan for a moment. He walked up to her and her cheeks blushed rather quickly. His gloved hand touched her face.

"I think we need to talk and re-group for lost time", Jonathan told her.

"Why?" Erin asked.

"I think you know why", Jonathan then stole a kiss from her before pulling away and placing his mask over his face again.

As he started back down the dark alley, Holiday lightly pushed Erin forward to make her follow. Erin sighed as she walked, single file, between The Scarecrow and Holiday.

- -
End Chapter Two

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 29-11-2010 22:50
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.