Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM FAN~FUN | Fan-Fics & Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Your Batman Universe - Posted on 16-09-2010 19:05
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

What is your take on the Batman universe (villains, heroes, gear, vehicles, buildings perhaps)? Take your favorite origins, designs, etc. and put them below. Try not to copy the entire Nolanverse or one continuity. Mix it up... Btw, I made this on ComicBookResources.com too so if you would like to see their takes go to http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=339108

Example

Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow

*picture of Arkham Asylum (video game) Scarecrow design*

-Origin of Scarecrow in Batman Begins

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Your Batman Universe - Posted on 16-09-2010 19:05
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Getting the DC Universe out of the way

There are many other heroes but they don't meet up that often. Example, the Justice League is simply known as "The Justice Project" to Oliver Queen who gets everybody together. However, they don't really have a main title like "Justice League" or "Teen Titans." Back to the point, they'd only meet up about twelve times at the most on big ordeals such as Doomsday (the writing would be epic, not the horribly written comics about the event) or something else other than aliens. Aliens other than Krypton, Oa (and that one purple guy with three eyes; I forget his name), Darkseid, and the Martian Manhunters wouldn't exist. Back to the point, there aren't many team ups. One or two Superman/Batman team-ups and the Titans would be together every few months. "The Titans Project" would be a smaller group, formed by Oliver Queen, consist of Arsenal, Cyborg, Impulse, Garfield (AKA Beast Boy with his real name used), and that's about it other than the every so often Robin. The members would be about 17 btw.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Batman Universe - Posted on 16-09-2010 19:06
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

The name is simply "Gotham." Not Gotham City. Gotham. And the version used would be the one in the Nolanverse. Anyways, it's modern day and Batman has been around for nearly 2 years.

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Personality/origin used would be a comonation of Year One and the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Batman saga.

Villains would be just about all of the main ones except Posion Ivy just because of my annoyance with her character.

Joker - Personality of Arkham Asylum and the Loeb/Sale saga with an unknown origin. His motives would change although his big main one is to prove he's just like everybody else.

Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn - Arkham Asylum
Roman Sionis/Black Mask - The Batman
Bane - Arkham Asylum
Julian Day/Calendar Man - The Long Halloween
Ra's Al Ghul - Batman: TAS with a more down to earth attitude like the one in Batman Begins
Selina Kyle/Catwoman - My own which is that she's been trained by Ra's Al Ghul and sent to Gotham to track down his nemesis. I've always been annoyed by the romance so none of that. Maybe a joke about it (Batman is knocked out and has dreamt of a romance with her). Suit used from The Batman.
Basil Karlo/Clayface - The Batman with an edgier personality/look
Floyd Lawton/Deadshot - Gotham Knight
Garfield Lynns/Firefly - A darker/more realistic version from The Batman
Anatoli Knyazev/KG Beast - Comics suit but he's just a terrorist working for the League of Shadows to follow up on what Catwoman couldn't do
Waylon Jones/Killer Croc - Gotham Knight
Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat - The Batman but here it's that he was used as a hostage by League of Shadows and then his own chemicals he created for Wayne Enterprises were used on him after they didn't get what they wanted
Victor Fries/Mr. Fries - A very realistic version in which Victor had been on a buissness trip over seas. The plane crashed on an island. He was the only survivor. It took a month for police/rescue teams to find him. However, he needed a sub zero temperature frequently when he went back after breathing in a rare chemical the island contained. He would then interact from a dark, locked room in Fries Tech and would be blackmailed into terrorizing the city using his computers in the room. He would do so by using the chemical he lives by which he is immuned to.
Zsasz - Batman Begins
Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin - Joker (the graphic novel) with a slight personality disorder from being tramatized as a kid by his parents who were abbusive underworld leaders alongside Falcone, Thorne, and Maroni.
Edward Nigma/Riddler - The imagined version that would be in the Nolanverse (dark, realistic)
Harvey Dent/Two-Face - Nolanverse origin (Gilda instead of Rachel) and the Loeb/Sale saga (design)
Arnold Wesker/Ventriloquist - Mid 40 year old who has DID from his divorce and job as an insurance agent who uses Scarface to symbolize who he truely is.
Tempale Fugate/Clock King - Batman: TAS also with a mild case of DID
Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow - Nolanverse origin/personality with the design from Arkham Asylum

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Your Batman Universe - Posted on 17-09-2010 10:08
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I made this exact same thread a few years ago lol Also, you didn't need to make 4 back-to-back posts. You could have gotten the same amount of info in one post using the edit button.

Anyway. I'll play along lol

Batman:
Looks: Batman Begins Suit, with boots and gloves resembling Batman Returns, The belt from Arkham Asylum,the cowl from Batman Forever (Panther suit) and a Bat Emblem like the Sonar Suit from Forever. He would look like Christian Bale but have Kevin Conroy's voice.

Personality: Nolanverse, but with the story from the comics and a little bit from BTAS.

Joker:
Looks: Arkham Asylum. He would also where an overcoat like the one from The Joker graphic novel. Mark Hamill's voice.

Personality: He would have the same goals as Killing Joker, the manipulative personality of Grant Morrison Joker, and the manic depression of Brian Azzarello's Joker.

Two-Face:
Looks: Dark skinned. Harvey's face would be a cross between BTAS and Billy Dee Williams. The scarred side would look like the upcoming Arkham City. His suit would be the one from the Long Halloween; half grey, half black, pin-striped. Voice of Billy Dee Williams.

Personality: Long Halloween, but with the BTAS subplot of being Bruce's college friend.

Harley:
Looks: Arkhams Asylum (not the nurse outfit, but the vinyl catsuit and girdle fromt he concept art) but without the jester hood.

Personality: Comics/Arkham Asylum. Arleen Sorkin's voice.

Posion Ivy:
Looks: She would wear the vine outfit from Alex Ross' Justice, but with the hair from her dress outfit from the same book. This outfit with this hair style. Voice from BTAS (I forget the actresses name.)

Personality: BTAS.

Note: If one hypothetically didn't have to deal with censorship, she would be entirely nude instead. Being a criminal, I doubt she would be worried about being arrested for indecent exposure lol

Scarecrow:
Looks: Cillian Murphy's face and voice, but with a cotume like TNBA. The mask would be like Begins', but with a hole in the mouth that reveal's a skull mask underneath. He would have a voice changer in the mask to make his voice more frightening.

Personality: Begins personality, but with the BTAS origin.

Catwoman:
Looks: Michelle Pheiffer's looks and voice, the costume from Arkham City.

Personality: Loeb's version of the character from Long Halloween/Hush.

Robin:
Looks: BTAS (but photo realistic, obviously.) He would be in his late teens (17, probably.) With a costume that is a cross between Robin's Forever costume and the Begins batsuit. Loren Lester's voice.

Personality: A cross between Dick Grayson from Forever, and Terry McGinnis from Beyond. A dry sense of humour and absolute commitment to the job, but with a lot of repressed anger.

Justice League

Wonder Woman:
Looks: Alex Ross’s Wonder Woman.

Costume: Initially she would fight completely nude. But after learning of "man's world's" perversion of the female figure as an object of sex, she would have a special suit of armor forged with the America’s symbol (the eagle) upon it, to make the people more comfortable with her and to let them know she is a good will ambassador to America.

When she gets her armor, it would resemble the outfit from Kingdom Come, but with more armour elements. The eagle logo would be a breastplate, the bracelets being replaced with gauntlets, and the “tiara” being a face shield with a nose guard (like in All-Star Batman.) She would carry a Greek short sword that she seldom uses, and a lasso made of unbreakable rope rather than a “lasso of truth.” The suit would also have shoulder gaurds and a toga like cape.

Personality: DCAU/Wonder Woman animated movie

Origin: DCAU crossed with the Wonder Woman animated movie.

Note: Before you all call me sexist for having her naked, you have to consider that she is an ancient Greek character. Back in Greek times, characters such as Heracles (who was the precursor to Superman, and the character to which all superhero’s owe there existence) were almost always portrayed nude. This is because back then, male nudity was considered a sign of power. Amazon’s, being a feminist society based on ancient Greek culture, would probably have this image reversed so that female nudity is a sign of power.

Basically, I was trying to come up with what she would wear if she were historically accurate, and nothing is the most historically accurate outfit to "wear". I'm sorry if this is offensive.

I'll have more too come soon.

EDIT: I may have made this thread a bit akward lol

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 18-09-2010 15:24
RE: Your Batman Universe - Posted on 18-09-2010 23:09
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I remember this thread!! XDD LOLOLOLOL!!!!

MY Batman Universe

NOTE: This is how I write some of the characters in my style

Oswald Cobblepot//The Penguin - TB Version w/ comic book personality & him owning the Iceberg Lounge.

Jervis Tetch //The Mad Hatter - BtAS version.

Jonathan Crane//The Scarecrow - Batman Begins Crane's look & personality w/ BtAS Scarecrow outfit.

Edward Nygma//The Riddler - *NEWER* Comic version.

the Joker - Heath Ledger version w/ some BtAS humor

Bruce Wayne//Batman - Bale's Bruce w/ Nolan's Batman costume.

- -
I might have written MORE than this last time I probably did this...

I don't remember XDDD LOLOL!!!

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Your Batman Universe - Posted on 19-09-2010 12:25
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Yeah. We've had at least two other threads in this fashion. But those are pretty well dead, so I don't see the harm in a third lol

Gordon:
Looks: The Long Halloween

Personality: Pretty much Gordon The Long Halloween and Batman: Year One, with the added twist that he pretty much knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman, but chooses not to reveal this information to anyone. He also is aware that his daughter is Batgirl.

Batgirl
Looks: She would physically resemble Yvonne Craig from the 60s TV series, her costume would be like the Birds of Prey (TV show) costume and she would have Tara Strong's voice from TNBA.

Personality: Pretty much like Oracle, but not handicapped. Plus a little humour from TNBA Babs.

Lucious Fox:
Looks: Haunted Knight

Personality: Begins/TDK

Riddler:
Looks: Hush. BTAS voice.

Personality: Cross between Loeb's Riddler and BTAS Riddler.

Ra's al Ghul
Looks: Liam Neeson, but with black hair instead of brown. He would wear a dark olive green suit and a black dress shirt. Liam Neeson's voice.

Personality: Begins personality.

Origin: A cross between the comics and Begins. The League of Shadow would be an Egyptian based orginization like in the comics, and Ra's would have Talia as a daughter. But he wouldn't be over 200 years old, and Lazarus would be a chemicle that he has scientists working on so he can combat the effects of aging.

Bane
Looks: TNBA.

Personality: Nightfall.

Origin: Pretty much exactly like the comics, but with the added twist that Venom comes from Ra's Al Guhl Lazarus project.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 19-09-2010 12:26
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.