Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Meet & Greet

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 17-08-2005 21:40
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

FlaBat

Longtime members will have seen most of this before as it was on the old board, although I did update some of the text. BYTB?s back after the hack and we are better than ever, so here I go again?

I'm Growing Older, But Not Up

It all started back in 1960. President Kennedy was elected, and the following month I was born. Life as we know it has not been the same since.

What I Do During The Day

In 1984, after working at mostly entry-level positions I started working in the computer industry at a small retail computer store. The computer industry would become my career as I went on to work at different types of companies and different positions within the industry at different companies. I worked for retail stores, a software publisher, a clone computer builder, a national distributor, a local exporter and corporate resellers. I worked in both sales and purchasing.

The computer industry and technology companies in general took a beating in the late 90?s and in 2001 I returned to the automotive dealership industry, having worked at a Ford dealer back in the mid 80?s. I used my sales, training and computer skills to work in the Internet side of the car business as computers and the Internet were becoming more and more important to the automotive retail sales industry.

In 2004 I returned to the computer industry and work for one of the largest Computer Mail Order companies in the United States.

What I Do During The Night

I'm on the Internet all day at work and all night at home. You can find right here on BYTB's The Voice Of Gotham most nights. I started as just a Member way back when and I was an Admin on BYTB's Gotham RPG for a time and enjoyed writing Batman stories with the members there. I write a lot of the Action Figure and Toy Reviews on BYTB and also produce Batsterpiece Theatre which is exclusive to BYTB. I also surf other Batman and Comic Book and Toy sites as well as a few Mustang web sites.

Lights, Camera? Extras!

In 1987, seeking a new adventure, I took a break from "real work" and tried "reel work". I tried to break into TV and the Movies that were being filmed in South Florida. However, with no formal training and no substantial opportunities, I was only able to get work as an "extra" in movies that were shot on location locally. My "acting credits" include. "Mercy Or Murder", (a TV Movie starring Robert Young), A Local Toyota Commercial, and the feature films "Caddyshack 2", "Police Academy 5", "The Unholy" and "Screwball Hotel". Although calling "Screwball Hotel" a feature film is a stretch, I think it only aired on Cable TV.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins...

...And I have a huge head start. I collect Action Figures and other related Toys. I started about 1990 with four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a couple of Batman figures. The collection today is mostly BATMAN and Star Trek Action Figures with G.I. Joe, Aliens, Predator, Spawn, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Toy Story and several others included. A few Star Wars, and some other unique figures round out the collection. Most of the collection was on display in my computer room at home until a major home renovation in early 2003 led to most of it being put away until I have the time and money to completely renovate the room. I hope to have the room redone by the end of 2005.

I still have one of the two G.I. Joe's I had as a kid in my collection. In fourteen years the collection has blossomed from a handful of figures in 1990 to over 1600 in 2005, over 1400 of the different. Expansion has slowed recently, a young son, and other monetary considerations helped curb the rapid growth the collection saw in the mid 90's. Still it grows a little every year, especially in December with my Birthday and Christmas and with the recent resurgence in Batman with a new TV show and feature films it will grow even more.

I also collect 1:18 scale die cast cars. Most of the cars my collection are Fords of various years and models. Ford is my favorite car manufacturer, and I have owned several Fords, mostly Mustangs over the years. I have several die cast NASCAR Winston Cup Stock Cars including a few Thunderbird's and Taurus's of driver Rusty Wallace who is one of my favorite drivers. I have a stable of Mustangs including some Shelbys and a few F-Series pickup trucks. My collection is rounded out with models of some exotics like Lamborghini's and concept cars like the Mustang Mach III and Ford GT 90 and of course Batmobiles, lots of Batmobiles.

I'm BATMAN!

"Batman" was one of my favorite TV programs in the mid Sixties, when I was a kid. My grandmother even sewed up Batman and Robin costumes (my sister was Robin) from a McCall?s Patterns set that we used for Halloween in 1966 or ?67. I wish it had been saved, perhaps it has and it?s stashed away at my parents house. In the late 80?s and early 90's I collected Batman comic books before turning to collecting action figures. In 1990 I got my first "Batman" costume (as an adult anyway) and wore it a few times. Later I would add a new "Batman and Robin" style bat suit to my collection in 1997 and I also created a "Batman Beyond" style suit in 2000. I even once wore the bat suit on client calls as I Trick or Treated at my corporate customers passing out candy. Here I am as Batman at the office in 1997.

When I first wore the bat suit in 1990 it was on Halloween and I went to Coconut Grove with some friends, one of them a Police Officer who by day worked the streets we were on. Many people including gang members walking the streets liked the costume. My friend the policeman said "...you're a hit with the gangs..." responding to the people who commented as we wandered the streets in costumes. I have been Batman or Batman Beyond at a few of my son?s Daycare Halloween parties and I was known as "Batman" by many of the teachers at his school. When my son, first went Trick or Treating in 1998, we were both Batman. Wait, it?s 2005 I might just need to buy a new Batsuit.

It?s Only Rock and Roll

My favorite kind of music could be described as mainly Classic Rock. Some of my favorite bands are AC/DC, Aerosmith The Blues Brothers, Cheap Trick, The Eagles, Metalica, Pink Floyd, Queen, Van Halen and ZZ Top. I also like old British bands like The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones and The Who.

I consider myself to be a Parrot Head and love Jimmy Buffett. I even have an autographed CD and a book of his. I do like some new artists like Kid Rock, Green Day and The Offspring but I can't stand most Hip Hop, Rap or any of the "teen boy bands" and "teen girl singers" that are everywhere these days, and I can?t stand American Idol except Paula Abdul is still hot after all these years.

That Other Monitor I Stare At Sometimes

Some of my all time favorite TV Shows past and present are Batman in all his incarnations, I also enjoy Fawlty Towers, Friends, Fear Factor, JAG, Lost in Space, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Seinfeld, Star Trek, Star Trek The Next Generation, Survivor, The Apprentice, The Wild Wild West and West Wing.

My favorite movies tend to be sci-fi or action films. I also like some comedies as well as drama and suspense type movies too, but no "chick flicks" or horror movies. Some of my favorite All Time Favorite Movies are Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Alien, Aliens, the four previous Batman films, even if Batman and Robin did suck. Batman Begins is by far the best movie I?ve seen in a long time. Then there?s Die Hard, Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park series, Liar Liar, Monty Python and The Holy Grail, Predator, Raising Arizona, the original Star Wars trilogy, True Lies, The Blues Brothers, The Fugitive, The Hunt for Red October, The Terminator series, Toy Story, and all the other Pixar made movies. These are some of the movies I collect on DVD and never get tired of watching.

Let The Games Begin

Monopoly is by far my favorite game. I have few different collector versions. If you have party where there?s drinking I highly suggest Crainium. While you don?t have to drink to play the game, it sure adds to the fun. I also like playing video games and Batman Rise Of Sin Tzu is one of my favorites.

I like Roller Coasters and I have ridden quite a few at Disney World, MGM Studios, Universal Studios, Knott?s Berry Farm and Busch Gardens. While I?ve ridden Batman The Ride at Six Flags, I thought Riddler?s Revenge also at Six Flags was better.

Was That A Little Over The Top? I Can Never Tell

That may have been a little too much information, but it?s all good and there will be a Pop Quiz later so I hope you took notes, and no I don?t grade on a curve.

Well That?s My Story And I?m Sticking To It.

I?d also like to take a moment and Thank You, yes you reading this for being a Member here on BYTB and being a part of my ?online? family. Like the rest of the staff I spend a lot of time creating content for the site and I enjoy sharing it with Members of the Best Damn Batman Web Site Period

FlaBat

Edited by FlaBat on 08-07-2009 22:17
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-08-2005 08:02
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Hurray! I like the little additions and changes, the ones I noticed anyway.

Say, what scene did you appear in in Caddyshack 2? I've always loved that movie, we've had the VHS for years.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-08-2005 21:00
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I?m in the scene where Jacky has just bought the Country Club. Robert Stack and his wife walk into the Club House and all looks normal until they open the doors to go to the course. Then is when they see the new carnival side show look to the course.

The next shot is a high crane shot that comes down as it follows Robert Stack and Randy Quaid as they go to the first hole. They cut in front of me and my ?family? who are standing waiting to play. Both Stack and Quaid pass right by me and I can be seen in the background in several shots that follow.

One year we had a Hurricane coming and after hours of TV News about the storm we changed stations and Caddyshack 2 was on. We gathered around and got my son to check out the screen to see Daddy on TV. It was kinda cool.

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-08-2005 21:53
User Avatar riskdogg
Gothams Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Hey Flabat just looking at your bat costumes. SAY, you wouldnt HAPPEN to still have any of those boots/gloves/cape would you? I know this guy whose making this Batman/Punisher movie that still needs those for the costume. He would probably be willing to borrow them as long as he'd return it after the movie Smile *jljoker*

Riskdogg2 http://www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-08-2005 22:23
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yeah, I still have them, but because they were so expensive I'm not real keen on lending them out. He should be able to rent them from a costume shop cheap enough.

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 08-07-2009 22:08
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins…

…and I have a huge head start.

I collect Action Figures and other related Toys. I started about 1990 with four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a couple of Batman figures. The collection today is mostly BATMAN and Star Trek Action Figures with G.I. Joe, Aliens, Predator, Spawn, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Toy Story and several others included. A few Star Wars, and some other unique figures round out the collection.

Most of the collection was on display in my computer room at home until a major home renovation in early 2003 led to most of it being put away until 2007 when I had the time and money to completely renovate the room. I hope to have the room redone by the end of 2010, but I doubt it.

I have over 2,600 action figures 887 are Mattel and Hasbro and Kenner tie at 483 and 484 respectively. At least 255 of them are from Playmates, mostly Star Trek, but 32 TMNT figures including the Star Trek Turtles of course. I also have a matched set of Skeleton Warriors all 9 of them with the number 20 that I won in an AFN & TR Prize Giveaway years ago.

1:18 Scale Ford Mustang Die Casts

Super Powers Batmobile along with Toy Biz Batcave figures, Batmobile and Batwing.

Batman Knight Force Ninjas

The Batman

The Batman

The Batman

The Batman (my custom unmasked Batman and Batgirl)

The Batman

The Batman

Batman (Comic Style) Batmobile (with new tail fins)

Batman (Comic Style) predecessor to DC Superheroes and DC Universe Classic figures

Batman (Comic Style) predecessor to DC Superheroes and DC Universe Classic figures

DC Superheroes

A nice head Batman swap I did

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 08-07-2009 22:10
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Moving on with more than just Batman

Justice League / Justice League Unlimited

Star Trek USS Enterprise

Star Trek The Next Generation USS Enterprise

Galloob Micro Machines Starships

Star Trek

Star Trek

Star Trek

Star Trek

Star Trek Enterprise The Original Series and The Motion Picture

Star Trek Role Play

Star Trek The Next Generation Bridge

New 2009 Enterprise with Enterprise B and E along with Borg ship

Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Voyager

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 08-07-2009 22:11
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It’s the car, chicks dig the car… but don’t we all.

Corgi Batmobiles

Corgi Batmobiles

Hot Wheels Batmobiles

1:64 Batmobiles and other Bat Vehicles

1:64 Batmobiles and other Bat Vehicles

More Batmobiles

Hot Wheels 1:18 1966 Batmobile

DC Direct 12” Figures

More 12’ figures and a couple of Barbies

The Dark Knight Collection and Batman Returns figures

Total Justice figures

JLA figures

Legends Of Batman

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Gargoyles

That’s a small part of what I have put back up. I hope to put up more in the next three weeks.

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 09-07-2009 00:29
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Erm... wow, I hope you don't mind be saying, but that seems a little disturbing...

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 09-07-2009 08:11
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Disturbing? I don't think so. I look at as my hobby. Everybody has a hobby, mine is Action Figures

In case the Marvel and Star Wars people feel left out, here is more of what I have.

Marvel figures with a couple DC and others

Punisher and Ghost Rider

Master Chief

Star Wars Darth Vader

Star Wars Imperial Storm Troopers, Sand Troopers and others.

Aliens

More Aliens

Predator

G.I. Joe

G.I. Joe

G.I. Joe

G.I. Joe

G.I. Joe Extreme

That’s about all that I have back up on display now and this shows off about half the room.

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 09-07-2009 17:34
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

Well what some may call disturbing I call "Living The Dream!" great collection flabat. I've always wanted that set of DC Direct 12" figures. Do you happen to have this any where at your place? I was looking at it today and I was drooling over how great it was.

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 09-07-2009 21:33
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

No Matches I don't think I have that book.

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 09-07-2009 21:39
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

First off, I wish I had a Gargoyles collection like that.

Second, Fawlty Towers and Raising Arizona are the shiznit.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 13-07-2009 17:10
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

What's shiznit mean? Is that good?
Message Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 13-07-2009 19:44
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

real-dark-knight wrote:
What's shiznit mean? Is that good?

It technically means something I can't say on this board, but yes it's good. It's kinda like saying it's "the dog's bollocks".

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 13-07-2009 20:28
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

^Awwwwwww, you said bollocks, I'm get-in yer duuuunnnnnnnn!

MOD EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally deleted some of your post... thought I hit quote and I hit edit instead...

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!

Edited by Razhwurz on 14-07-2009 21:34
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 14-07-2009 19:16
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

It means its great. Just don't say it in front of your parents.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 16-07-2009 09:28
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I put up my Imaginext display yesterday. First time I had any of it out of the packaging. The Batcave is really nice. I wish I could get a second one to display the inside of it as well.

It’s a good size playset too. It is taller than the Wayne Manor Batcaves from the Animated Series, although they are wider when opened up.

Working Drawbridges, Elevator, Ladders, Zipline, Jail Cell, Batcomputer and more. This Batcave has it all.

Shake ‘N Go cars

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 16-07-2009 10:22
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@FlaBat - OMG!! I love your collection!! How much for the Penguin actions figures??!! I'll do your dishes for two years or more...OMG I WOULD!! I'll clean your entire house if you want me to. *falls over* You are so lucky!! So jealous of you. LOL!!

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-07-2009 09:29
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Erin, Thanks it has taken many years to collect and a couple years to put back out on display. I have not maxed out the room yet, but I don’t think it all will be able to go back up.

ImagiNext took the place of Batman/Batman Returns, which needs a new space. I did put up my Legends Of The Dark figures, including The Penguin, I’ll post pictures sometime later.

I don’t think I have any extra Penguin action figures. I might have an extra Rotocast PVC Penguin made by Applause from Batman Returns, if I do maybe I’ll send it to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.