Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Everything Else

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 8 of 10 << < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 25-11-2009 19:39
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Also Found This:

Isn't Bat-Blog amazing? XD LOL!!!

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 25-11-2009 22:16
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I think that's a Hostess ad but without more content I can't be sure can anyone let me know if I'm right
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 25-11-2009 22:27
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Actually, it's part of a comic book I found on BAT-BLOG. The comic book featured the Penguin in it. I just didn't feel like clogging up my Penguin Forum. XD

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 30-11-2009 13:45
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I like Bat Blog too the only problem is trying to comment on their daily subjects...it never works for me.
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 11-12-2009 23:12
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

UPDATE ON THE PENGUIN-FRONT:

I have recently gotten myself a job. I started working Monday, Dec. 7th. And by Sunday night I will have worked 35 and a half hours this week.

So I am VERY tired.

I am not really into it being the holidays for some reason, which is weird because I am usually pumped for X-mas and going shopping for everyone and stuff. I've been kinda off lately and I haven't been feeling myself. Might because I was kind of sick these last couple of months and I've just been not feeling cheery, which saddens me greatly.

I don't know....But Ozzy doesn't like this one little bit. and neither do I for that matter.

Between getting my line of X-mas cards out to my family and friends, working at my new job, trying to get in 8 hours of sleep, drawing as a side hobby, being on my computer whenever possible and still have time for Ozzy....

I'll be glad when this month is over to be honest.

I guess it's time for some GOOD NEWS...

Be on the look out for my holiday pic of Me & Ozzy that I want to get up before X-Mas. It'll be here in my Penguin Forum.

To cheer myself up, I'm going to watch Batman Returns some time this week. I need some cheering up.

I've just kind of been sad for some reason...

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 11-12-2009 23:16
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 11-12-2009 23:31
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

it's probably the change in weather.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 12-12-2009 22:02
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

HOLIDAY DRAWING : ME & OZZY!!! <3 embarrassed

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 14-12-2009 15:33
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Cute drawing Erin...I know what you mean about the holidays...and by the way you forgot the mistletoe in the drawingbatman
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 14-12-2009 17:29
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I'm going to do a hand drawn picture of me hanging upside down, having accidentally tied myself up because I was trying to put the mistletoe up. The mistletoe is going to be dangling between me and Ozzy.

It's gonna be hilarious. yes

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 14-12-2009 17:43
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Erin, how about have the picture of yourself getting tangled in Christmas lights that you are trying to hang the mistletoe aroundbatman
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 14-12-2009 19:50
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@ Buckeye:- OH! Even better!! I like that idea. yes

HAHA!!! XDD

I can imagine being the Iceberg Lounge and trying to put Christmas lights up and just getting tangled in them. Ozzy walks by ten minutes later and I'm just hanging upside down.

LOL!!!

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 14-12-2009 23:28
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 14-12-2009 21:31
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Erin. Did you see the new Arkham Asylum 2 Trailer online? Did you notice the Iceberg Lounge they showed. Looks like maybe Penquin will be a part of it although they only showed Joker and Harley in the Trailer.

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 14-12-2009 22:33
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

OMG...REALLY??! O.O

^ _ ^ My Pengy-Poo!!! <3

Maybe they didn't want to give too much away? Maybe there's a part of the game that let's you go into the Lounge and get information from Penguin to go up a level?!

OOOhhhh....I hope he's in the game!! *hugs Ozzy* <3

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 15-12-2009 10:00
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The trailer is very short. Go to www.arkhamhasmove... to see it. The camera sweeps back away from Arkham into the Gotham streets. It sweeps past a building with “Iceberg” in bluish letters on the round marquee above the entrance. The camera then sweeps into what looks like the side entrance of the building and there is something like a roller coater running on tracks in the floor and the camera sweeps up and away to find The Joker sitting in a chair looking out a window possibly at Arkham in the distance as he laughs. Harley is briefly seen too.

The “We Want You” poster look like it might be Two-Face to me. The face is torn off on the Web Site before the trailer starts, but look closely and you see it again intact on the building in the trailer.

I think Penguin and Two-Face play a major part in this new game. At the end of Arkham Asylum Batman hears a Police radio report that Two-Face has just robbed a bank. Batman grapples up to his Batwing and flies off to get him. Penguin did not have a significant role in the first game. A poster for the Iceberg Lounge was one of Riddler’s Clues you had to find. Joker is in the trailer so I expect to see him and Harley in the game too.

Now if we could just get NECA or DC Direct to make figures based on the character designs in the game I would be a happy camper.

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 15-12-2009 17:44
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I saw the Trailer for Arkham Asylum 2. It was very awesome!!

I hope Penguin is in the new game though, that would make me happy. You know what else would make me happy? If DC or whoever makes the Batman Merchandise would make more Penguin stuff like action figures or something.

I'm pretty mad that I can't find anything of him. It saddens me because I LOVE HIM SO MUCH and it just irks me that he doesn't get a spot light like the other characters do.

I REALLY don't care about Joker and Harley or any of the other villains. Except MAYBE Riddler, Two-Face and Scarecrow.

Just saying.

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 15-12-2009 17:50
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Me and Ozzy Holiday Art

Picture: Me accidentally getting tangled up in Christmas lights while trying to put up the mistletoe.

Caption:

Christmas at the Iceberg Lounge is always the greatest...

Go Here: http://penguinsgrl.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Holidays-Ozzy-x-Me-146843894 to see a full size image.

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 15-12-2009 21:56
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Mattel’s Batman offering is mostly Batman Brave and the Bold and JLU. The problem being that Penguin would require an all-new body. Both B:BatB and JlU use the same bodies over and over again as a base for their respective lines, so making a one off body for Penguin is more expensive. That and Penguin is not as big a character in either of these shows is probably why we don’t see more of him.

In JLU’s case Mattel could probably get away with reusing the animated style Penguin they did a few years ago. The scale is not exactly the same but it is close enough they could pull it off. The JLU Clock King and General Elling figures are based a the animated Two-Face that Mattel did, that’s why they are taller than other JLU figures.

Brave and the Bold would have to be an all-new figure. Maybe one day they will make one, after all they did a Gorilla Grodd so anything is possible.

BTW. If you are hanging upside down in your drawing why is your hair standing up?

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 15-12-2009 23:25
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

About My Picture:

When I was drawing me being upside down, I didn't like the way my hair came out. It looked off for some reason, so that's why it's the way it is.
But I got what I wanted to accomplish. And Oswald, naturally, came out fantastically, in my opinion.

About Batman Merchandise:

Mattel and other merchandising people need to stop whining about how expensive something is. If they can make over a thousand different Joker or Batman figures, surely, they can take half of their budget and make some Oswald figures.

You know what else, they're all Penguin-haters down at those stupid studios where they make B:BatB and JLU. Oh, what, they couldn't put Oswald in any of the JLU episodes? What, were they too lazy?

As a fan of Oswald Cobblepot, I have the right to know why I can't buy a hundred dollars worth of merchandise because those idiots can't get off their lazy butts. There is no excuse in the world that won't stop me from going down there and giving them a piece of my mind. I'm ready to, trust me.

I know I shouldn't be upset and I'm sounding irrational but I can't help it. As someone who would like to see their favorite character on the shelf to buy when she walks into the comic book store, I deserve the right for my opinion to be heard because I see only a crucial in-justice just because the Penguin isn't a popular character.

Penguin is #1 in my heart and that should be good enough for Mattel or anyone else who makes Batman merchandise.

I do like Batman/JLU stuff but I'm sorry to say the Penguin trumps all DC Comic characters and I can't stand seeing other things getting sold while my poor Ozzy continues to be a doormat because nobody but me likes him.

The industry is going to be losing one of it's customers if they can't make the products fans want to see and buy. Well, I'm pretty sure I'M the only fan they've stopped caring about.

"Oh, we'll stop making Penguin merchandise because we'll save money and make her suffer at the same time", That's what they're thinking.

Sorry for the rant. I'm over tired and just thinking about all of this is just upsetting to me. I feel deeply about all of this. I know none you care because you're all Batman/Joker/JLU type fans and nothing I'm ranting about matters to you.

So, I'll just shut up. XDD

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 15-12-2009 23:30
RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 16-12-2009 09:16
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It’s not that we don’t care, we do at least I think most of the die hard Batman fans do. Mattel like most other toy companies make decisions based on what they think will sell and not so much what the fans think.

Take Alfred for example. He’s been a huge part of Bruce Wayne and Batman for years and yet he has only a handful of action figures ever made for him. I lampooned this in one of my Batsterpiece Theatre’s, here’s the panel from “A T-Rex In The Batcave”

They don’t make many Commissioner Gordon figures for the same reason.

I think because Penguin is a short fat guy in a tuxedo to the toy makers they just don’t see him selling as well as The Joker, although most if the time The Joker is seen in a tuxedo too.

Batman fans know Penguin is important to Batman even if others don’t. Here’s some Penguin pictures to cheer you up.

RE: Penguin's Forum <3 - Posted on 16-12-2009 11:08
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Erin...First I love the new drawing, Second I agree with FlaBat plus I also think it has to do with how popular The Penguin is to the general public because if you recall most people were disappointed in BATMAN RETURNS not because it had the Penguin in it just because maybe people thought the story was hard to follow (just using that as an example) and please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Penguin was as popular as the other villains in the Batman TY series because as FlaBat said a guy in a tux and playing with birds doesn't seem as harmful as a guy that can freeze you to death, or wants to kill you just because (The Joker).batman
Page 8 of 10 << < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.