Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Everything Else

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 08-05-2010 13:51
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Just saw Iron Man 2 last night. Great movie; some scenes were too long for the first hour and the one scene where Tony is dancing in the Iron Man suit in front of the crowd really should've been deleted. It sounds worst than it really is; they didn't go Spider-Man 3 on us thankfully It was an overall worthy sequel. I'd give it an A- or B+.

I wish they could've gotten the same casting for Rhodey in the first film though; he's one of my favorite actors (coincidentally right beside Robert Downey JR.). I think everybody reading should go see it (I have a feeling it might be boring in parts on DVD), and stick around for after credits! Not only is one of the main accessories of a Marvel hero (clue: his film comes out summer 2012) is shown but also another Marvel hero after credits (clue: his film comes out summer 2011).

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

Edited by Chris on 08-05-2010 19:26
http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Iron Man 2 - Posted on 08-05-2010 19:25
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I liked it, but not as good as the 1st. The action was better and there was more of it, but I think because of the Avengers coming, it took away from this film. It's like they made this one just because they wanted to get him into the Avengers.

The two cameos were great thought!

Also, the releases dates for the other two Avengers are:
Thor on May 5th, 2011
The First Avenger: Captain America on July 22, 2011

May 4th, 2012 is when the Avengers come to film.

I'd give this one 2.5 stars. Just didn't live up to the hype.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 10-05-2010 14:15
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

tony dancing in front of the crowd in the iron man suit was in character though, that's just how tony stark/iron man is; he's no batman obviously...lol. i thought the movie was a good depiction of the iron man character - politics, relationship issues, alcoholism, etc...unfortunately those are the things i don't like about iron man. haha.

i liked it, but not as much as i'd hoped. i really liked the first one, but this second one was weird. but now i realize it's not a problem with the movie, but i just don't like iron man that much. haha. but it really could have used a better ending. :P

in any case, it was still fun to watch. action scenes were great, and it was pretty funny.

i give it 4 stars, you're too harsh Chris. haha.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 11-05-2010 23:27
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

It was in character but the movements looked cheesy, it reminded me of RoboCop. Some movements for War Machine as well. Your right, it could've used a better ending. What was the ending? I forgot it. I do remember thinking "that's all?" in the theater though when credits came.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 14-05-2010 18:22
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I loved it. Do I think it was better than the first? No. But I honestly don't think it was any worse.

I think a lot of critics are confusing quality for impact. The movie really isn't of any less quality then the first IMO, it's just not as big of an impact as the first. The first was this huge introduction to this character a lot of people really knew all too well. It's hard to follow that up and still have that impact.

The movie is really the further adventures of Tony Stark. It continues to develop the character, but manages to take it in a new direction rather than going Spider-man 2 and rehashing the first movie. I guess you could say that many of the supporting characters are under developed, but that was true for the first movie do.

My favorite bits in the movie were definitely the War Machine armor, the Mark V suitcase armor, Rorke's performance as Whiplash, Sam Rockwell's hilarious Justin Hammer, and deffinitely the whole subplot of Tony and his dad. I also really liked where they took Pepper and Tony's relationship in the movie. I thought it was very realistic. I mean, how can a girl be in love with a guy like that without hating his guts every once in a while?

I also think I was the only person in the whole theatre (mind you there were only a couple of other groups there, as I went during a matinee) that got the Captain America reference. I was laughing hysterically and I could tell no one knew why.

I'm also really suprised how well they kept Whiplash's second armor secret. I mean Venom and Two-face were both held back for the same part of the film, and even those were leaked before the movie was released. Yet I honestly didn't see Whiplash's second form until I was in theatres. I wish more movies could do that.

I should give a special mention for Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. A lot of people were recomending her for Catwoman, and I wasn't entirely convinced. Now I kind of wish she would be Catwoman. I thought she was fantastic acting wise (unfortunately a good portion of her dialogue was cut out) and physically she was amazing. And I hate to go all guy on y'all right now, but her in that Lycra suit was the sexiest thing I've ever seen in a superhero film. I would seriously go to Avengers just to see her in that outfit again. I'm really looking forward to seeing her character in more movies.

On the negative: I thought the climax was not as, well, climactic as it could have been. But then again I thought the same thing in the first. I actually thought this one was a bit better because it involved Tony saving more than just Pepper... The first one made the mistake of placing his most heroic moment (the fight in Afganistan using the Mark 3) in the middle of the movie. While the second doesn't make that same mistake, it doesn't quite match that heroic high point in the first movie.

Also, the ending scene didn't match up to the "I am Iron Man" scene from the first.

Smaller nit-picks would be that I kinda wish that the Mark 6 armor has been silver. I think it would have been an apt adaptation of the Silver Centurion armor. I also wish that Whiplash's second armor was red. His character is really a cross between the Whiplash and the Crimson Dynamo, so that would have been a cool reference to the latter.

All in all, I think it's right on the same level as Incredible Hulk, and really not of significantly less quality then Iron Man. Not as impactful, yes. But no less entertaining.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 15-05-2010 01:06
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Sorry about the double post, but here's a rough manip I did of the Mark VI armor as the Silver Centurion armor.

I think that would have worked well. But I'm just nitpicking here lol

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 17-05-2010 09:37
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

I just saw the film yesterday. I like it better than the first actually. All though the dancing/party scene did annoy me quite a bit. I'm sorry if i'm missing something but who appeared after the credits?

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: Iron Man 2 - *SPOILERS* - Posted on 17-05-2010 10:33
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Matches Malone wrote:
I just saw the film yesterday. I like it better than the first actually. All though the dancing/party scene did annoy me quite a bit. I'm sorry if i'm missing something but who appeared after the credits?

MAJOR SPOILER:

After the credits, they showed Agent Coleson finding Thor's Hammer in a crater in New Mexico. It was basically a teaser for next years Thor film.

If you don't know who Thor is, he's an Asgardian-- which is a nearly-immortal being believed long ago to be gods by Vikings and Norsemen-- who has been trapped in the body of a disabled medical student without memories of being a god. Through finding Thor's Hammer, the student is able to transform back into Thor and face demi-gods, supervillains, ETC.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 17-05-2010 10:40
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.